MMT Community
December 18, 2018, 11:35:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack0death - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2007 - Quest w/ Photos & Videos!  (Read 175250 times)
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »

Well, I figured I start my diary as I have done all the neccessities to have my LL surgery in Beijing.

- Confirmed with Dr Ronne- Checked
- Passport- Checked
- Visa(90days)- Checked
- Money- Yup
- Plane ticket- Cheked
- Someone to take care of the little things while I'm gone- Checked.

All I need now is May 29 to arrive.
I'll be going to California on May 23 for a little fun and flying from LA to Beijing on 29th.

I'm one of the older people on the board(mid-30) and I think the shortest male(160cm) to have LL so there is no turning back for me. Its now or never.
I don't forsee any problem with the consultation as I've been in good health all my life.
I'll have about 4 days of sight seeing before the surgery on Monday.

I will try to make my diary a little different as you guys will get to know about me more than usual(like it or not) Smiley

In the following posts, I will describe whats its like being short for 35 yrs, why I'm doing it, my fears, pretty much everything about me.

I am pretty much stoked about whats its gonna be like being 3 inches taller.
Cheers !!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:55:40 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:32:13 AM »

A little more about myself.

I'm 36, 160cm and Vietnamese.
My family left Vietnam after the war in 1978 and finally arrive in Orlando in late 1979.
We were very fortunate as we escape my boat and we were attack at sea and they could have sunk us but they let us go after taking evertone's valuables.

My parents told the story of me being really lucky to be alive when we were attacked.(I barely remembered).
While we were attacked, I was 8 at the time, for some reason I jumped overboard.
Miracalously, they founf me floating in the water hanging on some thing that was barely floating.

Our boat drifted to Indonesia and we lived on the island for almost a year before my aunt sponsored us over.
We came straight to Orlando and I have been here ever since.

I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers and all of them have moved to various places in the US except for me and my sister, who lives with me.
Thank god for her because she will be taking care of my stuff while I'm gone.

Living in Orlando for 27 yrs is kinda boring but its a great place to live.
I did moved and live with my brother in California for a 1 and while that was fun, I missed my friends that I've known and yrs so I moved back.

This is laughable but I'm like the tallest person in my family.
My mom is 5'0 but my dad is the same height and thats whre the shortness came from.

I think its kind of amazing how I manage to save up this much money.
I'm like the dark sheep of the family.
While all my brothers and sisters have prety good careers, I'm just loligagging through life.

Although I graduated college at 26 with an accounting degree, I did absolutely nothing with it.
It wasn't until 32 that I actually got a real job and that real job was a manager at McDonalds.

I was working as a server at Disney throughout college and I did make pretty good money, I was just part-time so I make just enough to pay the bills and going out on a regular basis.
I did this till I was 31....I still can't believe that....I'm a dumbass.

The reason why I had to quit that was 9/11.
After 9/11, Disney was at a crawl and since I work for tips, business was dead.
One of my best buddy, his parents own a bunch of McDonalds and thats how I got into the fast food business.

I started it as a manager in May 2002 and by Feb 2003, I became a store manager and I did that for 4 yrs.
I quit that finally April last yr and guess what, I'm back working as a server at Disney.

My good fortune started when I was able to buy a house from my brother.
Me and my sister live in this house on and off for since the college days and I somehow convince him to sell the house to me.
I got the house for like $70K less than what it was worth.
I also got a real good interest rate for the loan and my mortgage is like tiny.

Heres my good fortune.
My mortgage is $547/month and my sister pays me $650/month.
Well, no, I'm not taking advantage of my sister.
If she had to get a place for herself, it would cost her around $800/month.
Plus, shes a pharmacist so she makes tons of money. why she haven't bought a place for herself is another mystery.
So for the last 2 yrs, I'm been able to save so much money.
Its another reason why I had to quit McDonalds.
While I enjoy the people there, and I learned alot while I was there, its hell working there.

My other fortune was I was able to get a serving job back at Disney when I quit McDonalds.
The tips I am able to make there is insane.
Its also a job that I think I'm able to keep while I'm away in Beijing.
Being part-time status there, I am able to give my shifts away every week.
There are part-time servers there that haven't worked in 8 months because they just give their shifts away every week.
Its easy to give away because you make very good money there.
Worst case scenario, I'll just go to seasonal status and not have to work for a long long time.
While its not what I wan to be doing for the long run, its the best part-time job you can ever get.
There are part-timers here that makes $40K/yr.

Anyway, thats a little insight on how I'm able to do this.
You don't have to be rich business man or a professional to be able to do this.

Every cm was TORTURE.
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 03:57:47 AM »

Good for you jack. That was a good story. You're on your way

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »

Good luck man. We'll see you in a couple of months.

Sg

Went from 163cm (5'4) to 171cm (5'7) in Beijing!
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »

Thanks guys.
Sorry for the ramblings but I've been on this board constantly for the last few months(ver since I knew I was going) hoping to read what everyone's had to say and its boring whens theres no updates on this board.
So I guess I will be the ones that keeps talking and talking.

Growing up SHORT.

Yeah, it sucked growing up short.
Sure, you all know how its feel but I'm even shorter than short.
5'3 for a guy is really short.

I remembered when i went through my last growth spurt, at 15 I believe.
I was around 5'2 at 15 and I was almost as tall as some of the other kids and that felt good.
I could tell people around me was like "man, he grew".
SAdly, I pretty remained that height until now.

High school wasn't bad only because I played a few sports and I wasn't picked on.(yeah the geek sports, soccer, tennis and volleyball).
Me being Asian, I had white fever for the longest time and being short and Asian going after white girls just doesn't work too well.

College was when it really sucked.
Still had the white fever and still a LOSER with the ladies.
I finally came the realization that girls do not like short guys.
I was working at Seaworld at the time and I was in the bathroom fixing my hair.
The chef walked in and told me to stop primping myself cause girls do not like short guys even if you are good looking.
From then on, with every rejections, I still remembered vividly what he told me and its true...girls do not like short guys.
My social life got better when I discovered lifts...or in my case stuffed shoes.
I remembered talking to some girl one day and I was saying girls do not like short guys.
She said to me, I like short guys(OK, she was heavy set and not particularly attractive so she had to say it). I told her the guy shes going out with is not very short and she told me that her BF stuffs his shoes.....HHHMMMMMMM.

Slowly, I started putting things inside my shoe and lay another insole on top of it.
(If I get a chance, I will snap a picture of what I do.)
I never actually bought any of those so-called lifts....I just stuff my shoes.
I then started wearing mid-collar boots so that I can put more layers in there.
Its not so bad for me when I do go out as I'm in the 5'5-5'6 range.
Yeah, my social life started getting better and I also got rid of the white fever mentality.
Asian women are just as fine  Grin Smiley Cheesy

But since wearing lifts, I get this phobia of having to take them off.
I think I started wearing them since 1994 and I have rarely been caught....or maybe some people know and not say anything.
Like, I hate going to Asian houses cause they all expect you to take your shoes off.
I used to have an anxiety going through airports if they asked me to take my shoes off.(now I just don't wear them cause I know I have to take them off).
You guys know whats its like to hide the fact that you wear lifts.
I hated when I go to somebody's house and everyone take their shoes off.
I would asked to go to the bathroom...take some of the stuffing off my shoes...go back out take my shoes off and then take off my socks and stuff it in my shoes to cover it.
I remembered one time, I didn't take the stuffing off(just stuff my socks to cover) and in the morning, I found all kind of cra* falling from my shoes....its was embaressing.(I know some of my friends know but no one have ever mentioned it).
My family knows.
Whenever we get together, all I ever hear from my MOM is how tall I am and I was tell her to stop it.
One day, my MOM was at it again and my little sister said out loud that I wear these shoes and I just changed the conversation.

Alot of guys say its just a confident thing and that they have gone out with taller girls before but I just can't get pass the issue.
Its pretty much a self-esteem problem for me.
When I was store manager at McDonalds, I can recall numrous times when I was attract to someone and I find out that she liked me back, I would just chicken out.
I mean, hell, I was in a power position and there was alot of young naive girls working there and I could have taken advatage of the situation but I chickened out pretty much every time..
Pretty much a self-esteem problem and I really need to get over.
I guess this is why I'm so excited to getthis LL even though I know how painful it would be.

Every cm was TORTURE.
sna78
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 240

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »

Soccer is not a geek sport, it is the greatest game on earth, and man utd rules never forget that and your LL will be fine  Wink

Good luck to you
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 07:40:20 AM »

Similar story for me Jack. Accept for the girls part, they seem to take a licking to me for some reason. But I've also had my fair share of girls who wouldn't look at me twice(even just to be friends) because of my height. It is depressing when height has so much of an impact with your social life. It's not just the girls, it's just as bad with guy friends.

Hope you do well.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »

Great post, Jack0Death!

I can see that once you've done your LL you are really going to appreciate the additional height.

Good luck, fella!

174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 09:56:11 AM »

great post Jack,
there is a mid 30 Vietnamese patient at the hospital and another early 30 Vietnamese girl from Denmark as well, so you may find yourself at home as soon as you arrive  Tongue
I'm sure you will greatly appreciate this LL process once you've done it. And you will be a veterent when I start in June-July, so make sure u'll give me a welcome hug when I arrive OK  Grin
Beijing girls are hot, so if you can walk even just a little bit after the operation, you can test it out right away by going to some nigh spot in the CBD (catch bus 744 from the hospital to CBD).. Or even try it before the operation the see how the reaction is  Cheesy
anyway,I'm sure you will love this Jack,
I'll keep an eye on your diary.

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »

great post Jack,
there is a mid 30 Vietnamese patient at the hospital and another early 30 Vietnamese girl from Denmark as well, so you may find yourself at home as soon as you arrive  Tongue
I'm sure you will greatly appreciate this LL process once you've done it. And you will be a veterent when I start in June-July, so make sure u'll give me a welcome hug when I arrive OK  Grin
Beijing girls are hot, so if you can walk even just a little bit after the operation, you can test it out right away by going to some nigh spot in the CBD (catch bus 744 from the hospital to CBD).. Or even try it before the operation the see how the reaction is  Cheesy
anyway,I'm sure you will love this Jack,
I'll keep an eye on your diary.

Thats awesome to hear.
I've been talking to Frankster(another Vietnamese) and hes heading to Beijing April 10.
That would be 5 Vietnameses there.
The true is though, even though I'm Vietnamese, I'm too Americanized.
I have 1 Vietnamese friend and hes more Americanized than I am.
I regret not keeping up with my Vietnamese while growing up.
I can understand fine, talking takes efforts and well, reading and writing...forget it.

The most enjoying thing I will do once I get taller is to visit Vietnam in June 2008 for the first time ever with my new height. I will actually be average height there.

Of course I'm doing all this with 1 thing in mind...the opposite sex  Grin

Every cm was TORTURE.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »

Similar story for me Jack. Accept for the girls part, they seem to take a licking to me for some reason. But I've also had my fair share of girls who wouldn't look at me twice(even just to be friends) because of my height. It is depressing when height has so much of an impact with your social life. It's not just the girls, it's just as bad with guy friends.

Hope you do well.

Thanks man.
You know my problem wasn't even about rejections...its the thought of rejections.
It has gotten to a point that I think a girl won't even like me because I'm short so I don't even try.

Every cm was TORTURE.
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 10:35:44 AM »

Jack,
Before you go, remember to by a high quality wall chart and tape measurement to measure your height during the LL process.
The wall chart in the gym is high quality, however it is not 100% accurate because it was sticked to the gym's wall and that wall has a small edge in the bottom that gives about -0.5 cm error.

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »

How I got to this point...

You know being taller was one of those insane fantasy I keep having cause I knew its never going to come true.
I compare it to banging Jessica Alba.....its a fantasy because you know its never going to come true.

I remembered when I was in my twenties and I had one of those moment of realization.
You know, like you're never going to be filthy rich or becoming famous.
I realized that 5'3 was quite short for a guy and I was never going to be taller.
It was quite depressing and it took alot of effort to keep remiding myself that I'm better off than alot of people out there.
Its quite stupid but whenever I meet any guy shorter than myself, I instantly feel better about myself...it is stupid but thats how I felt.

Anyway, about 3 yrs ago, I was surfing the net and I came accross LL for the first time.
I read about some guy and he spent $60K to leghten 2 inches in Italy.
I never gave it any serious thought cause:
1) it is way too expensive
2) its relatively unknown and I knew nothing about it.

Remembered this was 3 yrs ago and while I was going better financially, I still had nothing.
I went to Cali for a year and never gave it anymore thought.
Fast foward to last Sept.
I can't say what was the reason but I just decided to do a little more research about LL.

I came accross the Beijing Institute first and read stuff about it.
It was quite interesting and the cost was reasonable($20K).
Yeah it was interesting but still not feasible as I still know nothing about it and I was actually content with my life.
But then I stumble upon this site....my life is gonna change.
I had just got done reading about the Beijing Institue and here I find a diary about someone(MMT) actually having surgery there.

I can honestly say that this site is  100% responsible for me having this surgery.

The more I read about LL, the more I knew I was going to get it done.
There was just 2 obstacles.
Passport and my house.
My original plan was to go Jan 2008 because I can get all my 2 obstacles done.

- Getting a passport. I am a US citizen but I lost it a long time ago.
I had apply to for a duplicate before 9/11 and I missed that appointment thinking it wasn't important.
So after 9/11 I re-apply again and it took literally forever.
Just to give you a clue, I applied in Sept 2004 and I got exactly 1 letter from them telling me they got the application.
I didn't hear from them again.
I went to their office a couple of times with no results.
After finding out this site, I accelerate my effort.
I went to their office like 3 times after Sept.
You should see how happy I was when my MOM calle dme telling my they sent me a duplicate in Jan.
This was really my only obstacle.
After getting it in Jan and finding out the rate went up and was told I can still get the $20K, I decided to go earlier.

- My house. My sister been talking about wanting to move out for a while now and I mean moving to another state.
I couldn't just leave my house un-attended for 6+ months.
My other choice was to wait till Sept to sell the house.
That would have been 2 yrs since I own the house and I can sell it without a penalty.
Well, I told her I would be traveling for 3 months and she said she won't be going anywhere.
Well, she doesn't know I will be gone for 6+ months but oh well, she won't be going anywhere.

So here I am.
A fantasy I thought that will actually come true.
So far I have yet to tell a soul what I'm doing....I'm so eager to but I like it to be a surprise when I get back.
Has anyone done this surgery without telling anyone ??

Every cm was TORTURE.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »

The wall chart in the gym is high quality, however it is not 100% accurate because it was sticked to the gym's wall and that wall has a small edge in the bottom that gives about -0.5 cm error.

That wallchart is accurate - it was checked several times by myself, Mysteryman and Qumato.

174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »

Jack, the girl in Denmark's been here for 8months, lengthening 9+cm and did not tell anyone.
MMT, the wall chart itself must be accurate, but the way we measure ourselves may NOT be because we don't have a straight ruler on top of our head to make sure it is 90 degree from the wall to the top of our head. I just told Jack abt this so he has some ideas to prepare for the trip.

KC
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 02:36:35 PM »

Hey Jack0death,

I will be in Beijing on the 27th of April and will probably be having my surgery at about the same time as you. I look forward to seeing you there and maybe if we're lucky we can do some sight seeing before we are bedridden. That way I can actually show my friends some pics of Asia, all while keeping my secret safe.

Regards,

KC
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 04:21:41 AM »

Hey Jack0death,

I will be in Beijing on the 27th of April and will probably be having my surgery at about the same time as you. I look forward to seeing you there and maybe if we're lucky we can do some sight seeing before we are bedridden. That way I can actually show my friends some pics of Asia, all while keeping my secret safe.

Regards,

KC

Hmmm, April 27th ?? and I'm assuming you will have your surgery a few days afterward ??
I will fly out there May 29th.
Hopefully someone will arrive arounf the same time with me and we can go sightseeing/partying before  the surgery.

Every cm was TORTURE.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:45:23 AM »

I finally told someone today about what I'm really doing.
Hes the same buddy that got me working at McDonalds and the same guy I vacation with every year when we go snowboarding in Colorado.
He was surprised. He didn't know such a thing existed.

FEARS

I do have fears in having the surgery.
Not about the pain going through the process but the thought that my legs will never be 100% again.

I've actually had cosmetic surgery before.
Back when I was in my early twenties, I had my ears pinned back.
It wasn't enormous but they stick out to much.
I save all the money I had($2K) and just had it done without any reasearch.
Man, I know what it feels like right after surgery.
I felt like sh1t the next 3 days and kept wondering why did I even go through this.
Weeks afterward, there was puss coming out among other things and I thought I made th wrong decision.
In the end though, its all worth it.
Just like I know I'll go through sh1t leghtening my legs but it will be well worth it.

Hopefully in 2 years time, I will be back doing things I enjoy.
Snowboarding, wakeboarding, etc...
Even if for some reason, my legs are not capable of those type of strenuous activities, I think it will still be worth it as long I'm not hobling around.
I look at it this way, those activities that I enjoy factor in about 1-2 months a year, being taller is 24/7.
BTW, if you're really bored, here are some videos of our last snowboarding trip.
Just keep in mind that we are Floridians and we are not experts by any mean.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=Jack0death

Man I can't wait.

Every cm was TORTURE.
KC
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 08:07:01 AM »

Ahh sorry about that. I wrote that message at about 1am and mistook your arrival date for my own. Well if you are going to be there 1 month after me, I can hopefully explain some of my experiences at that point.

In any case best of luck to you.

KC
Bran
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »

Well, I'm about to book my plane tickets for the last week of May.  I'm having thoughts enter my head.  I think about a few things:

1) Holy smokes this seems too selfish.  Can I not use this much money in a better way?  Help others, move, start a career, etc.

2) I have a good personality, and I'm dead confident with girls in my general height range (once dated a 5' 10" girl) but I walked secretly on my tiptoes inside my big shoes.

but, then I think of functional things that could be easier, i.e. reaching items  and uhhhhhhhhh that's all I have for now.

I'm guessing that a big push for me is that not one of my friends is under 5' 10".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.