MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is LL done for free for guys below 1.65 m that live in Belgium ?  (Read 5898 times)
mocha
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« on: July 15, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

HI Everyone,
Somebody that has done LL in Belgium told me that he had the operation for free since he was a Belgium resident. Is that true?

BR

If you are short and you look at your individual formation as a puzzle, then LL should be the last piece of it.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »

HI Everyone,
Somebody that has done LL in Belgium told me that he had the operation for free since he was a Belgium resident. Is that true?

BR

Well, I think that only he would know if this is true Smiley

Certainly, most Western European nations do have a system whereby someone is very small and who can demonstrate some negative impact on their lives can get 5cm of LL from their health service without payment.

But obviously none of us can know whether or not that was the case here.

Someone who is officially considered to be of medically short stature (which someone at 165cm would be) should certainly see their doctor and find out if they qualify for any government assistance with their plans.

MMT

mocha
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »

yeah that's entirely right.

About that free LL that the guy had, i think thats true. Beside it, the guy showed to me some pictures of the hospital,some  other pictures of the his legs(with the external fixtators ) and similar stuff. So i think he was serious about it.
Anyway, lucky them Smiley.

BR.

If you are short and you look at your individual formation as a puzzle, then LL should be the last piece of it.
scormus
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »

MMT - I am 165 cm. myself, I do have the funds for it, but obviously would prefer to hang onto my money if possible so I can buy other things (i.e. a big deposit on my first home as a prime example).

I know you responded negatively to my first post about it, but maybe you didn't know I was just 165.

And with sterling losing even more value the last couple of weeks, the cost of my LL in Germany or France has gone up yet a few thousand more pounds.

Has anyone in the UK my height or smaller asked their doctor if they qualified for government assistance and how did it go?

Also if the government does help out, any idea if it's just a basic procedure they'd cover or help out with (i.e. externals) and is it highly likely that if I want Dr. Betz or Dr. Guichet that it'll definitely all have to come out of my own pocket?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:03:22 PM by scormus » Logged

The Curious Case of Benjamin's Femurs

Benjamin: They said I was gonna stay short all my life but - maybe not.

+7.5 cm
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »

MMT - I am 165 cm. myself, I do have the funds for it, but obviously would prefer to hang onto my money if possible so I can buy other things (i.e. a big deposit on my first home as a prime example).

WHAT?! So you can afford LL, but you would like British taxpayers, many of whom are struggling to pay their mortgages and their rent to pay for you?

It's people like you who are destroying the very fabric of British society.

Queen Victoria would turn in her grave if she knew that future generations would be so ready to turn to the public purse to support their lives instead of employing the spirit that lead to the creation of the British Empire in the first place.

The NHS is not a savings bank for people to dip into when they feel like it.

If you can afford LL, then it is your duty to pay for it - do you realise that there are people who are dying of cancer and other treatable conditions and who cannot get treatment because of the stretched resources of the NHS?

In some places the NHS doesn't even have money for life-saving operations, and you want to get the British people to pay for your vanity so that you can save your money?

The NHS is facing its most serious budget crisis in its history (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8091427.stm), and you want us to pay for your LL because you don't want to use your own money?! That's just about the most selfish thing that I have EVER heard!!!

Read this story about a surgeon who has pioneered a life-saving heart procedure but who cannot find the budget to employ it, and then dare to come back here and tell me that the NHS should pay for your LL when when you can afford to pay yourself: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8274259.stm

You should be ashamed of yourself!

It's exactly attitudes like yours that are leading to the destruction of the NHS by the very people who should protect it rather than abuse it.

Next time you read in the paper about a child who died because their local health authority couldn't afford a life-saving operation, just ask yourself why situations like that arise...

Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »

WHAT?! So you can afford LL, but you would like British taxpayers, many of whom are struggling to pay their mortgages and their rent to pay for you?

It's people like you who are destroying the very fabric of British society.

I think it's mostly the Labour party's fault.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:06:25 PM by CthulhuGorath » Logged

Formerly CthulhuGorath
Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »

HI Everyone,

BR

I have heard of cases like this, but I think it is in the extreme. I talked with my insurance company and they absolutely will not cover a dime for LL. Health care in the states is really a hassle.

Formerly CthulhuGorath
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »

I think it's mostly the Labour party's fault.

The Labour Party is only in power because people voted for it - they didn't create the society of 'me, me, me' - they are the result of that society! Wink

Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:48 AM »

The Labour Party is only in power because people voted for it - they didn't create the society of 'me, me, me' - they are the result of that society! Wink

Well, more people are starting to see that Labour sucks!

Formerly CthulhuGorath
Goforit
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:34:53 AM »

I do not think 165cm is considered to be medically short stature, you can live with this height without any major problem. It can cause you mental problems, that can be issue.
With 165cm, you can drive the car, open the doors, do everything like any body else.
scormus
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 01:27:04 AM »

Someone who is officially considered to be of medically short stature (which someone at 165cm would be) should certainly see their doctor and find out if they qualify for any government assistance with their plans.

MMT

MMT - I don't realistically expect any government help with this, but what's the difference between original poster and me? We are the same height, only difference is that he lives in Belgium yet for him you recommend finding out if he qualifies for government assistance, yet me you condemn.

I'm not trying to be difficult but what is it that makes it fine for original poster to seek government assistance in your eyes?

I agree with goforit that functionally 165 cm. is fine, but we all know about the social and personal disadvantages and need not go over this ground again in this thread.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:33:16 AM by scormus » Logged

The Curious Case of Benjamin's Femurs

Benjamin: They said I was gonna stay short all my life but - maybe not.

+7.5 cm
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 07:19:24 AM »

MMT - I don't realistically expect any government help with this, but what's the difference between original poster and me? We are the same height, only difference is that he lives in Belgium yet for him you recommend finding out if he qualifies for government assistance, yet me you condemn.

The difference is that you can afford LL, but would like the taxpayer to pay for it for you simply for convenience and greed.

Milo
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »

Does anyone know if this also applies for the Netherlands,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.