MMT Community
November 19, 2017, 12:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apotheosis - Internal Tibias - Dr. Betz - 2011 - Second Time's a Charm  (Read 492556 times)
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »

In the past two weeks, I've had long and in-depth conversations with both Dr. Betz and Dr. Guichet about the possibility of doing internal tibia lengthening with them. I think they are both excellent surgeons, run world class operations, and I do not think you could go wrong with either of them. I went through a similar process when I was shopping around for a surgeon to do my femurs, and was very impressed by both of them and their different approaches to preparation for the surgery. I like the fact that Dr. Guichet requires a certain level of fitness and flexibility before he will perform the surgery, as I think it helps lengthening go faster and for recovery to happen faster. As a counterpoint, I like the fact that Dr. Betz suggests a comprehensive preparatory stretching plan, but that he will operate on you even if your flexibility is not perfect. He will also allow you to return home for lengthening after two weeks (three weeks for tibias) even though he does not recommend it. In my opinion, Dr. Guichet was more strict about some things that would have been incompatible with my needs for my femur lengthening, so I chose Dr. Betz.

Similarly, my needs were again a big factor in choosing Dr. Betz to do my tibias. As has been mentioned in a few places on this site, Dr. Guichet has his new tibia nails available, but he does not yet have the apparatus for installing them available yet. Dr. Guichet will have the apparatus for installing them available in the spring, but I really wanted to do my tibias now rather than wait another six months. Dr. Guichet's response to this was, "Would you rather do them now with Dr. Betz, or would you rather do them right?". Ouch. Frankly, I believe that Dr. Guichet is a great doctor, but I strongly believe that Dr. Betz is also a great doctor, and I want to do my tibias now so I can move on with my life. Dr. Betz did a great job on my femurs, and I have known a few patients that did internal tibias with him that were very happy with the results. He will do a great job on my tibias.

My surgery is scheduled for November 16th, 2011. This will be 14 months and one day from the date I had my femur surgery.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »

Wow man, good luck! Just like you, I desire to do both my tibias and my femurs. My life will completely change, as I'm sure your already has.

What does Dr. Betz say about your proportions btw? Does he feel your arms will be too short?

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 01:16:14 AM »

Goodluck Apotheosis, I will keep my eyes on your new journey Smiley
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:48:25 AM »

WOW!
stillyoung
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 30

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »

Will get my popcorn ready for this sequel...Apotheosis: Tibial Triumph.

Best of luck in November. We'll be waiting anxiously!

Internal Femurs w/Betz, April 2013 - currently clicking
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »

Hey Bro,

Best of Luck for Next battle. Hopefully I will also start 2nd battle soon. There is no doubt on your courage & motivation.

As I always quote " You have only one life to do all the things you want"

One more battle and you are done.

God Bless
Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »

This will be a very important diary. it will be the first of internal tibia with albizzia, and therefore could get us all a good idea on that option.
looking forward for your diary, and most importantly good luck with the operation.
mixxed
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »

I have heard that the operations will be now done in the different hospital, not in Lebach, any comments on that? What is the reason, what is the other hospital like?
andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 194

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »

In the past two weeks, I've had long and in-depth conversations with both Dr. Betz and Dr. Guichet about the possibility of doing internal tibia lengthening with them. I think they are both excellent surgeons, run world class operations, and I do not think you could go wrong with either of them. I went through a similar process when I was shopping around for a surgeon to do my femurs, and was very impressed by both of them and their different approaches to preparation for the surgery. I like the fact that Dr. Guichet requires a certain level of fitness and flexibility before he will perform the surgery, as I think it helps lengthening go faster and for recovery to happen faster. As a counterpoint, I like the fact that Dr. Betz suggests a comprehensive preparatory stretching plan, but that he will operate on you even if your flexibility is not perfect. He will also allow you to return home for lengthening after two weeks (three weeks for tibias) even though he does not recommend it. In my opinion, Dr. Guichet was more strict about some things that would have been incompatible with my needs for my femur lengthening, so I chose Dr. Betz.

Similarly, my needs were again a big factor in choosing Dr. Betz to do my tibias. As has been mentioned in a few places on this site, Dr. Guichet has his new tibia nails available, but he does not yet have the apparatus for installing them completed yet. Dr. Guichet will have the apparatus for installing them available in the spring, but I really wanted to do my tibias now rather than wait another six months. Dr. Guichet's response to this was, "Would you rather do them now with Dr. Betz, or would you rather do them right?". Ouch. Frankly, I think Dr. Guichet is a great doctor, but I strongly believe that Dr. Betz is just as good of a doctor, if not better, and I want to do my tibias now so I can get on with my life. Dr. Betz did a great job on my femurs, and I have known a few patients that did internal tibias with him that were very happy with the results. He will do a great job on my tibias.

My surgery is scheduled for November 16th, 2011. This will be 14 months and one day from the date I had my femur surgery.

Apotheosis

Wow! Second LL! Aren't you 180cm? How much do you plan to go for? Are you staying here in Germany for the lengthening phase?

Good luck on your second LL  Wink amazing..

I have heard that the operations will be now done in the different hospital, not in Lebach, any comments on that? What is the reason, what is the other hospital like?

Yes! Prof.Dr. Betz switched the operating procedure from Caritas to Neunkirchen private hospital. Apparently (from what I heard) the fees at the old hospital were due to rise; also it was a general hospital for German patients (not intended for cosmetic procedures for international patients), which contrasts with the private hospital in Neunkirchen.

I visited the Neunkirchen hospital http://www.krh-nk.de/start.htm and the facilities are definitely nicer. Electric beds, (some English speaking) nicer nurses, nicer interior design...

regards,
andrew

almost done!
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »

Wow! Second LL! Aren't you 180cm? How much do you plan to go for? Are you staying here in Germany for the lengthening phase?

Good luck on your second LL  Wink amazing..

Yes! Prof.Dr. Betz switched the operating procedure from Caritas to Neunkirchen private hospital. Apparently (from what I heard) the fees at the old hospital were due to rise; also it was a general hospital for German patients (not intended for cosmetic procedures for international patients), which contrasts with the private hospital in Neunkirchen.

I visited the Neunkirchen hospital http://www.krh-nk.de/start.htm and the facilities are definitely nicer. Electric beds, (some English speaking) nicer nurses, nicer interior design...

regards,
andrew

Andrewshizzles,

I am 180 cm - 180.5 cm now. I started at 171 cm - 171.5 cm, so even though I'm relatively tall now, I've only been that way for the past eight months. I want to go for 7.5 cm in my tibias to get to my ideal height, and then be done with LL forever. I'm sure if I had started at 180 cm - 180.5 cm I would never have considered LL, but now I have a goal and I don't want to stop until I reach it. There are actually a few diaries of people on this site who have had two LL operations (Craig49 and Jungle have had even more than that!).

I plan to return home to lengthen as I did with my femurs when Dr. Betz thinks it's safe for me to do so.

Do you have any idea how the WIFI is in Neunkirchen? I hope it is better than it was at Caritas. I had to go to the lobby to use Skype. The T-mobile / Vodaphone portable internet wasn't strong enough for Skyping in the rooms. I hope that is different in the new hospital. :/

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

akuma
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »

I am also planning to do lengthening on my upper legs and my lower legs. I will have the first surgery on my femurs with Dr. Betz in December 2011.

From what Dr. Betz has told me during the initial consultation, I can do my tibias 4 months after I have finished lengthening my femurs, so there are some overlapping periods for both consolidation and lengthening happening at the same time.  That way I will be able to save some time.  I wonder why didn't you do it this way? Is it because in reality your physical condition just couldn't allow you to do so?

andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 194

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »

Andrewshizzles,

I am 180 cm - 180.5 cm now. I started at 171 cm - 171.5 cm, so even though I'm relatively tall now, I've only been that way for the past eight months. I want to go for 7.5 cm in my tibias to get to my ideal height, and then be done with LL forever. I'm sure if I had started at 180 cm - 180.5 cm I would never have considered LL, but now I have a goal and I don't want to stop until I reach it. There are actually a few diaries of people on this site who have had two LL operations (Craig49 and Jungle have had even more than that!).

I plan to return home to lengthen as I did with my femurs when Dr. Betz thinks it's safe for me to do so.

Do you have any idea how the WIFI is in Neunkirchen? I hope it is better than it was at Caritas. I had to go to the lobby to use Skype. The T-mobile / Vodaphone portable internet wasn't strong enough for Skyping in the rooms. I hope that is different in the new hospital. :/

Apotheosis

Shocked You'll be 6'2.. Wow! That's a model's height haha...

Anyway, I think the wifi is free and available in the rooms at Neunkirchen hospital; I'm not too sure, I have to check later. The hospital is definitely much nicer than Caritas though (nurses speak more English, are nicer, and the interior is nicely lit) The beds are also electric!

See you soon man...
andrew

almost done!
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »

I am also planning to do lengthening on my upper legs and my lower legs. I will have the first surgery on my femurs with Dr. Betz in December 2011.

From what Dr. Betz has told me during the initial consultation, I can do my tibias 4 months after I have finished lengthening my femurs, so there are some overlapping periods for both consolidation and lengthening happening at the same time.  That way I will be able to save some time.  I wonder why didn't you do it this way? Is it because in reality your physical condition just couldn't allow you to do so?

Akuma,

I was also told by Dr. Betz that I could have surgery on my tibias four months after I finished lengthening my femurs. I didn't feel that my physical condition was where it needed to be at that stage of my recovery to have another surgery. I wanted to give my leg muscles more time to recover first. I also didn't have enough money to do my tibias at that point. I think that I have benefited from giving myself more time between surgeries, because now I have strong quad muscles to help me when my tibias and lower leg muscles are weak during lengthening.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 10:35:34 PM »

Shocked You'll be 6'2.. Wow! That's a model's height haha...

Anyway, I think the wifi is free and available in the rooms at Neunkirchen hospital; I'm not too sure, I have to check later. The hospital is definitely much nicer than Caritas though (nurses speak more English, are nicer, and the interior is nicely lit) The beds are also electric!

See you soon man...
andrew

Hey Andrew,

You're absolutely right. I want to reach my absolute "apotheosis", which for me is 6' 2". Starting at 5' 7" (171 cm - pretty close to where you are starting) this will be an awesome accomplishment. Smiley

That's great that Neunkirchen is a nicer hospital. Caritas was not so bad really, and I will miss not getting to see one particular cute young nurse that I flirted with the whole time I was there. Sigh.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »

I've spent some time studying male proportions and what the ideal male legs would like like. After doing 9.86 cm on my femurs, my tibias look pretty short. Even though I will definitely have "long" looking legs when this is all done, I think that total height is more important than perfect proportions. I also believe that my proportions will still be within a normal range - some people just have the genetics for long legs.

On the left is a photo of my legs at present. My quad muscles are still fairly thin because they are still recovering from femur lengthening. On the right is a mockup of what my legs will look like after tibia lengthening. Below them I put a photo of some of the most idolized male legs in the world. Notice how long his tibias are.

I think once I add some muscle back to my legs after tibia lengthening, my legs will look great, and not too long at all.

Apotheosis

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »

Hey Apotheosis,

I want to congratulate you on your decision to follow your dreams to achieve your dream height! I have a few questions about tibia lengthening with our Dr. Betz:

1. Is he going to use a Albizzia nail or the Betz Bone for your lengthening?
2. To my understanding, Dr. Betz used to put a cap of 6CM on tibia lengthening because of consolidation issues. Obviously you are  planning to go to 7.5CM, so what new technique is he using to help with consolidation in your case?
3. I have heard that Dr. Guichet's Nail will allow full weight bearing during lengthening even on the tibias. What about the nail that Dr. Betz will be using for your tibias?
4. How many MM will you be distracting/clicking each day?

Congrats again! I will be praying & cheering you on during your journey!

God Bless,

Tall

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »

Hey Apotheosis,

I want to congratulate you on your decision to follow your dreams to achieve your dream height! I have a few questions about tibia lengthening with our Dr. Betz:

1. Is he going to use a Albizzia nail or the Betz Bone for your lengthening?
2. To my understanding, Dr. Betz used to put a cap of 6CM on tibia lengthening because of consolidation issues. Obviously you are  planning to go to 7.5CM, so what new technique is he using to help with consolidation in your case?
3. I have heard that Dr. Guichet's Nail will allow full weight bearing during lengthening even on the tibias. What about the nail that Dr. Betz will be using for your tibias?
4. How many MM will you be distracting/clicking each day?

Congrats again! I will be praying & cheering you on during your journey!

God Bless,

Tall

Hey Tall,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I believe that Dr. Betz is going to be using the Betzbone for my tibias. I will confirm this with him when I am in Germany in two weeks. I'm pretty sure this is the case because I remember him going through a new shipment of Betzbone rods when I was in Germany waiting for anesthetic clicking a year ago.
2. I believe that It won't be an issue because Dr. Betz and I have talked at length about me using an Exogen 4000 for consolidation. I will confirm this with him when I am in Germany. I would be disappointed if I were limited to 6 CM.
3. As far as I know, Dr. Guichet's nail still hasn't actually been tested on the tibias of anyone since he doesn't have an apparatus to install it yet. This was one of the reasons I chose to do tibia lengthening with Dr. Betz. The Betzbone is also supposed to be full weight bearing, but "full weight bearing" in practice to me means "you can stand without your crutches for a few moments while you pick something up or put something down". It doesn't mean you SHOULD walk without crutches while you are lengthening, even if you CAN. I hope this is the lesson we have all learned from Jay7 and his experiences. Just because the rod is strong enough to hold all of your weight, doesn't mean the screws holding the rod in place, or the bone that's been punctured, won't give way if you decide to walk around sans crutches. I plan to err on the side of caution and not walk without crutches until 6-8 weeks after I finish lengthening like I did with my femurs.
4. I plan on lengthening .66 mm a day the whole time. The months of lengthening on crutches aren't fun, but in the span of a whole life, it's really not that long. I want to go slow and give my body time to adjust to it. I want to get to my ideal height and still be at my best. Smiley

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »

Final preparations are underway for my return to Germany. I fly out this Sunday night and I'm tying up all of the loose ends in my life today and tomorrow. I told my kids tonight that I am going to be gone for a little while, and when I come back I'll be on crutches again. Their response was, "Yeah! We can use your crutches like fishing poles again!". They talked me into buying a "See You Soon" cake (I think it was just a brilliant ploy to get the cake they have been eyeing for a few months and write "See You Soon" on it for me, but I went along because I thought it was a little sweet).

I get into Frankfurt early Monday morning, and I'm going to meander my way over to the Gesundheitszentrum Saarschleife via train and cab so that I can hang out with Soontobetaller, Tallerer, and some other patients staying there while they lengthen. I'll stay there Monday night and then head over to Städtische Klinikum Neunkirchen Tuesday morning, where I expect to meet Andrewshizzles, Lostboy and some other recent patients of Dr. Betz. I'll stay at Städtische Klinikum Neunkirchen Tuesday night, and then the next phase of my journey will begin Wednesday morning.

I'm not scared, apprehensive or even excited. I'm just very aware. I've done this before, and while a lot of it does really, really suck, it's what I want to be doing. Smiley

Apotheosis

crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:28 AM »

Hi Apotheosis,

Wish you all the best for next journey.

Crazy+6

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Infinity88
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 16

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:24 AM »

Hi Apotheosis,

I have been following your journey for some time and what you have achieved and going to achieve is truely remarkable.

I have been considering lengthening tibias for some time and considering various internal options available. Would it be ok for you to share the information about the cost of doing this with Dr. betz and how many days of hospital stay the cost includes?

I wish you luck with your second journey.

Inf.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.