MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:25:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian scientists develop an alternative way of growing taller using step cells  (Read 150680 times)
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

As I've already stated, you'd need stem cells implanted in virtually every bone in your body in order to replicate growth plates accurately and grow proportionally. It's possible, but it would make LL seem cheap by comparison.

You'd also need fairly intense hormonal stimulation to make you grow significantly with artificial growth plates. There no telling what this would do your long term endocrine health, and it might even alter your personality and facial features. Such technology is probably a long way away and will take a very long time to make it to the consumer market in first world countries.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
pablo1989
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum and also as all of you I have tried to find a solution on the Internet for short stature.  I found this topic and i think it may be good alternative to ll so i have tried to contact with mentioned Clinic in Moscow but they didn't respond.  Maybe someone of you contected them recently? Are there any updates about this procedure? Do you know something about it?

Cheers
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »

Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum and also as all of you I have tried to find a solution on the Internet for short stature.  I found this topic and i think it may be good alternative to ll so i have tried to contact with mentioned Clinic in Moscow but they didn't respond.  Maybe someone of you contected them recently? Are there any updates about this procedure? Do you know something about it?

Cheers

If your willing to get surgery and actually get taller go to the home page of this forum and select a dr make N apt and get it done.  That's how you get taller.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
wannagrowtaller
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »

It's said we don't have any update on this.  I don't believe this would change the lengthening/distraction process, it would be the same.  But the healing/consolidation process could change a lot transplanting new bone-tissue like filled with stem cell into the gap between the bones.

Go for it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.