MMT Community
March 26, 2017, 08:51:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How would humerus lengthening affect the function of your arms?  (Read 32524 times)
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 03:08:38 AM »

So, who will be the first person who actually does CAL?

Dr Sarin does it.
He is about to shorten(!) one guys forearm in here but the patient keep postponing his surgery date all the time.
I don't think he has made up his mind yet really.

If I do my femur and don't feel good about my proportions I would consider humerus lengthening. 2cm would be enough in both arms.
But the whole idea just feels a bit too much.
Maybe bc no one actually does these things cosmetically.

Hey Sweden,

Would you happen to know how much Dr. Sarin charges for arm lengthening/shortening, and what method he was planning on using for the forearm patient you mentioned?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 03:48:24 AM »

Hey Sweden,

Would you happen to know how much Dr. Sarin charges for arm lengthening/shortening, and what method he was planning on using for the forearm patient you mentioned?

The same as tibia LL, $17.500

External Ilizarov. Maybe a special made one for the forearms.

I don't think the siblings ever did the shortening surgery. They were about to shorten both legs and arms but there were something seriously messed up in their heads. Eventually they were kicked out from the guesthouse and the last day they came in and started a fight with me and my cross lengthening roommate. The guy actually was about to attack me right in my bed.
Then they went on and on about how bullied they were in life and all that kind of shi*, calling us fake and immature.
The greatest thing was - that I caught everything on video on my phone. 20 minutes where they both stand and lecture us.

Those were among the most weird people I have ever met.

Don't do arm surgery!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »

Don't do arm surgery!

^Moral of this story: Don't plan AL or you'll end up secretly videotaped by Sweden Grin^

Thanks for the reply, mate.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:13 AM »

hmm i wonder if your biceps would grow with humerus lengthening the same way your calves grow with tibial lengthening?
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 11:33:47 PM »

Now we will never know anything about this bc Apotheosis decided to remove his Diary.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 03:28:20 AM »

Now we will never know anything about this bc Apotheosis decided to remove his Diary.

X10 did an an external humerus lengthening diary. Both internal and external humerus lengthening are pretty rare.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 05:54:46 AM »

Yea I noticed that too, I was looking forward to that since it was an internal cosmetic humeral lengthening diary. I mean that is pretty rare as a procedure but it is super rare as a diary.

But I have to ask if he removed or just made it private, since if you could still find it if you google "apotheosis internal humerus". It just says, "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." I can understand if he removed it because doesn't want to try to influence others into thinking that humerus lengthening is something anyone can do.

I think it was like 40k for each internal arm with Betz if I recall correctly. I guess it amounts to about the same as an LL procedure with him. Which makes sense.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:43 AM »

I trully believe that arm lengthening is insane, with only exception the dwarves cases.
Furthermore, the longer an arm is, the skinnier it looks. Short men have a great benefit compared to tall men, they have shorter muscles who look much better and rounder. It is completely silly for someone to lengthen his arm and make his biceps and triceps look skinnier, for no reason at all! Noone in the world will see how proportionate are hands compared to height and noone will be so much out of proportions if he lengthens even 6 inches (3 in both segment) that he needs arm lengthening.
Finally, I think that only  torso height is what make someone who lengthened a lot his feet disproportional, and that can't change. Arm length is something that noone will notice so it is very stupid to not think about extra risks and money to lengthen something that won't make any positive difference.

live strong
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »

Not everyone cares about being super muscular. I'd personally take good proportions over tons of muscle any day. In fact, I think that a lot of muscle looks pretty bad on a person. Intimidating: definitely! Handsome/easy on the eyes/good looking: sorry but no. A lean body with moderate musculature looks best in my opinion.

Too much muscle, especially in the arms, makes a man look like a roid-raged hulk (which I really doubt is an attractive look) to me, but that's just the way I see it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was scary looking in his prime imo. Andres Velencoso has a much more ideal male body.

SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure that you can build your arms back up to almost the same thickness after humerus lengthening as they were before. If you make the effort of course.
ExtraIce
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=5419. msg100904#msg100904 date=1412739633
I'm pretty sure that you can build your arms back up to almost the same thickness after humerus lengthening as they were before.  If you make the effort of course.

I want do humerus lengthening and you have inspired me because not many other have done it cosmetically.

Do you have before and after photos of your biceps?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.