MMT Community
October 26, 2014, 06:53:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member Class - "Certified Members"  (Read 9064 times)
SysOp
Leg Lengthening Activist
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 705

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 01:46:39 AM »

Sysop,

I really do not wanted to  get into this but for some of us old members (member since 2009) it is just tragic that after being on forum for so long one has to prove that he/she is are not a troll to have access to the basic functions of forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Inf.

Unfortunately, it was someone who had been a member for a while who started all of this. It's just growing pains, and I hope you guys stick with us through them.

I also feel very strongly that the people who should have the privelage of being able to PM are the ones who have been around long enough and know enough about LL that they won't need to be using the PM system to ask questions.
Infinity88
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 16

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 02:18:08 AM »

I agree PM should be a function to communicate 1-2-1 on a specific situation or to discuss some personal stuff. All matters related to LL are better of being discussed in an open forum.

Although it is a LL forum but once you have been on forum long enough than it becomes a community and people tend to communicate with each other on stuff not always related to LL. Hence why i was suggesting that members who have been here for long time should be shown some respect unless there is a strong enough reason to treat them otherwise. But as i suggested earlier i really don not want to debate this but applying sweeping restrictions  is never a good idea. Having said that i am not aware of how much difficulties you have faced in dealing with recent issues but i still urge you to reconsider latest changes.
razalgul
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »

hey sysop,

Although i'm just a n00b to this site, I think that taking away the original PM functionality for most of the users of the forum would do more harm than good to the site in the long run.   It's kinda the same logic as implementing DRM for software:

1.  DRM ruins the experience for 99. 99% people who are legitimately users
2.  While making it slightly harder for the 0. 01% people who are pirates.

For the sake of the site, a better solution is needed.  my 2 cents.

Get tall or die tryin
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 07:22:30 AM »

Razalgul,

Thanks for your concern. We appreciate it. This is temporary arrangement to hunt Trolls/Spammers.

Please read message in this link :-

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,6637.msg87609/topicseen.html#msg87609

Thanks
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT

MMT Official killer of Zombie, Walking dead, Troll, Spammers & A****** in general

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,6637.msg87609/topicseen.html#msg87609
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »

I understand how the PM feature is needed for some, I do however agree with SysOp that we want to see the info/questions/solutions posted on the forums. It's a catch 22 which unfortunately spammers took advantage of. Like "duck ass", it'll get sorted in time.   Smiley

Now, if someone can help to have a custom profile picture of Superman.......instead of the current lousy pic  Undecided

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
6ftby2014
MMT Expert

Credibility 37

Current height 171.5cm (5'7.5")

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »

I have received many PM's that were spamming about this and that but it was very easy to just ignore it all.

May I make a suggestion though. The Credibility system should be looked at a bit. I have been a member for a long time and have amassed a decent amount of knowledge on the subject ( reading all the diaries on this site, PM'ing with vets, phone conversations with LL vets including some of Paleys' patients, etc.) During my time here, I have received karma nods for helping people out and answering questions but the troubling part is having karma removed for unrelated reasons. Credibility should reflect knowledge, experience and willingness to help others. Having credibility removed just because you disagree with someone is very inaccurate, it does not reflect true " credibility".

I owe so much to this site and so do many others.

" Whatever you want, you shall have. Whatever you search for, you shall find ".
blackbear
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 94

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »

Personally like I said on the other thread I don't mind answering question privately. as long as you answer questions from your own experience and they benefit from it. I don't agree with the pm rights being removed and yes it is easy for me to ignore spam or recognise it. it is no problem to me as I am not getting it through my emails Smiley. I Love this site and ive started the PART 2 COMMENCE thread in general news and I hope to make it a diary eventually with your help sysop. after my experience I plan on making a summary vid and my rehab and since its a massive thing as soon as im playing sports again and running I want to show you all! so If expect loads of pms and I look forward to answering them. If I can with your help sysop.
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 05:05:30 AM »

I'm not really sure this is a great idea.  Spammers and trolls are everywhere on the internet, surely by this point it's easy for everyone to just ignore and delete.
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »

Sysop-
Can I be 'promoted' to certified member? I will love to PM few LL buddies here if it is not too much trouble.

tnx.

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »

Me to.
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »

Me to.

Hi Usnom,

I like to know how many "ACTIVE" user names you have before we approve you for certified member.

Thanks
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT

MMT Official killer of Zombie, Walking dead, Troll, Spammers & A****** in general

Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »

Sysop-
Can I be 'promoted' to certified member? I will love to PM few LL buddies here if it is not too much trouble.

tnx.

Cooper,  danielqjohnson ,  blackbear

You all will be promoted to certified member soon.

Thanks
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:39:31 PM by Dameon » Logged

Ocean
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »

SysOp-

I would also like to be upgraded to certified member, have been on this forum for many years.
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »

Hey can I be upgraded? I've been here forever! (And still haven't gotten the surgery ughhh)

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »

I know in the near future the feature will be needed as I'll have surgery with Betz in May 2014 and I plan to have a real diary that will be from the start right up to me running.

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
COOPER
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 11

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 04:53:38 AM »

Cooper,  danielqjohnson ,  blackbear

You all will be promoted to certified member soon.

Thanks
Dameon
Global Moderator
MMT
Thanks Dameon. Btw why you have scary profile picture?

Starting Height: 160
Lengthening Goal- 7 to 8
ShortsGoneWILD
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 02:17:16 AM »

I d like to be certified too.  Please and thanks.
PaulAllen
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 02:26:01 AM »

Thanks Dameon. Btw why you have scary profile picture?

were you the guy who posted that thread about domeon's picture?
usnom
MMT Member

Credibility 19

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:54 AM »

This is my only active one
littleangel
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 06:59:40 AM »

hEy,I had some messages with some of the girls on this forum,it's gone now...Sad   Undecided
Bad,bad, SysOp!  Cheesy

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

~from 150 cm to 166 cm~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.