MMT Community
August 14, 2018, 05:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experience in LL with midgets = Successful Cosmetic LL Surgery?  (Read 1525 times)
Nameless
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« on: May 10, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »

Hey all Smiley

I'm 23 years old, amateur bodybuilder/powerlifter, 171 cm, who's interested in having LL.
Currently have 34000 Dollars. The surgery costs around 23000 dollars in my country (Israel) and the price includes everything else needed.
I have decided to go for external tibia and lengthen up to 7 cm (goal height: 178 cm).
Internal Femur is too expensive for me and won't do Internal Tibia due to the damage to the cartilage (I think?) while inserting it.

I live in Israel and there are many experienced doctors here, in all fields. Since we have many wars here, sadly, a doctor can get lots of experience.
I have searched for all the doctors in Israel who specialize in LL and found 6:
Shtarker Haim and Mark Eidelman - Won't operate on me because I'm too tall.
Vladimir Goldman - Never done this for cosmetic reasons, only for midgets.
Noam Bor - Has a lot of experience and worked for years with Dr. Paley. Done lots of surgeries with him. Not interested in operating me. Told me to go straight to Dr. Paley, which is too expensive for me.
Alex Lerner - Willing to operate on me. Done over 100 cases for people injured in war and midgets. Done 5 surgeries for cosmetic reasons.
Eitan Segev - Willing to operate on me. Done over 100 cases for midgets. Done a couple of surgeries (didn't give a number, just said that "a few") for cosmetic reasons.

Alex Lerner uses the Ilizarov Frame and learned about it from Ilizarov himself. Also claims all his cosmetic surgeries's patients are back to normal, walking and free of pain. During the consultation with him, he also said that I can talk to any of his patients and I told him to randomly call the last person he operated for cosmetic reasons, a young guy like me who went from around 1.62 to 1.68 with external tibia. The guy said that he's in a good condition, walking properly, free of pain and has minor to medium scars that slowly gets better with time. Important to point out, the patient still told me to get away from this surgery and that the pain levels during lengthening are beyond comprehension.
As for Eitan Segev, I need to go to a consultation with him. According to our chatting via mail, sounds like he's confident in his skills. He is not interested in the internal method and prefer doing this surgery with his Taylor Frame.

Both doctors claim they have a lot of experience because they have been doing this surgery for many midgets so far. So the question here is this - Does this experience actually count? Or am I better off going abroad for a doctor who has the same experience with ONLY cosmetic surgeries?
Of course, as you can see, I'm doing my best to try and have this surgery in my country, where my parents can support me through the whole process, both mentally and physically.

Really need your help here guys. Thanks!
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

היי.

אנחנו באותו גובה וגם אני מתכוון לעשות את הניתוח. לא ידעתי שדוקטור שגב מסכים לנתח אנשים בגובה שלנו.
לגבי ניסיון עם גמדים, הגוף שלהם מגיב בצורה שונה וזאת משום שהריקמה הרכה שלהם (שרירים, רקמת חיבור וכדומה) אינה נפגעה אלא רק סחוס הגדילה ולכן קל יותר להאריך גמדים מאשר אנשים בריאים.

עדיף דוקטור שיש לו ידע בשני הנושאים ושיודע לטפל בסיבוכים אם וכאשר יצוצו. שגב נחשב לרופא מעולה

תוכל לתת לי את האימייל שלו? וגם אם תרצה אפשר שנחליך אימייל או וואטסאפ. חקרתי המון את הנושא (בשנה וחצי האחרונות) ודיברתי עם גדולי המומחים בעולם לגבי עם מי כדאי או לא ללכת לעשות את הניתוח.

אם בא לך לדבר בפרטי (מה שאי אפשר לעשות באתר פה) שלח לי אימייל.

tavor.bendekrafowicz@studio.unibo.it
Nameless
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »

היי.

אנחנו באותו גובה וגם אני מתכוון לעשות את הניתוח. לא ידעתי שדוקטור שגב מסכים לנתח אנשים בגובה שלנו.
לגבי ניסיון עם גמדים, הגוף שלהם מגיב בצורה שונה וזאת משום שהריקמה הרכה שלהם (שרירים, רקמת חיבור וכדומה) אינה נפגעה אלא רק סחוס הגדילה ולכן קל יותר להאריך גמדים מאשר אנשים בריאים.

עדיף דוקטור שיש לו ידע בשני הנושאים ושיודע לטפל בסיבוכים אם וכאשר יצוצו. שגב נחשב לרופא מעולה

תוכל לתת לי את האימייל שלו? וגם אם תרצה אפשר שנחליך אימייל או וואטסאפ. חקרתי המון את הנושא (בשנה וחצי האחרונות) ודיברתי עם גדולי המומחים בעולם לגבי עם מי כדאי או לא ללכת לעשות את הניתוח.

אם בא לך לדבר בפרטי (מה שאי אפשר לעשות באתר פה) שלח לי אימייל.

tavor.bendekrafowicz@studio.unibo.it
Sent you an email. Smiley
If there's anyone else from Israel who's interested in this surgery and want to talk with me, feel free to say.

Anyway, according to TIBIKE2002, who wrote in Hebrew, lengthening midgets is much easier than lengthening "normal" people, because their soft tissue wasn't damaged.
Which basically answer my question - that doesn't count as a real experience in cosmetic lengthening, just means the doctor has experience in handling the device. Anyone has anything else to contribute? Tongue
dan56
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 01:19:12 AM »

Quote from: Nameless link=topic=8078. msg109326#msg109326 date=1494511030
Sent you an email.  :)
If there's anyone else from Israel who's interested in this surgery and want to talk with me, feel free to say.

Anyway, according to TIBIKE2002, who wrote in Hebrew, lengthening midgets is much easier than lengthening "normal" people, because their soft tissue wasn't damaged.
Which basically answer my question - that doesn't count as a real experience in cosmetic lengthening, just means the doctor has experience in handling the device.  Anyone has anything else to contribute? :P
did you eventually did the surgery with any of them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.