MMT Community
September 20, 2017, 09:54:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anything really stunt your growth?  (Read 80772 times)
Katze
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2009, 12:37:01 AM »

I stopped growing when I was 11. I had asthma and the medicine they gave me totally stunted my growth. I can say my height is the same a 11 year girl. Lucky me, my legs are short, what is a great bonus about LL.
Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2009, 02:22:21 AM »

I know for a fact that steroid usage before you are done fully growing can stunt your growth. There was even a special on one of those Dr. MD type of shows where they had a case of this boy who had a certain disorder that required him to get injected with steroids on a regular basis to combat it. The Dr. flat out said that the steroids as a side-effect stunted the boys growth.

Other than that, I've been told if you lift heavy weights you could potentially break one of your growth plates and that will definitely stunt your growth.

Formerly CthulhuGorath
mtsenga
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »

hi guys.
My wingspan is also about 2cm greater than my height (I'm a girl)-this suggests to me that I should have been 2cm taller. . . . . . . . . . . . . . no?!

To mmt admin-you are absolutely right, going over the past is pointless.  but I really feel that I just need to get these pointless questions out of my system once and for all and then I will channel that energy into my LL ambition.

thanks.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2010, 09:00:18 PM »

hi guys.
My wingspan is also about 2cm greater than my height (I'm a girl)-this suggests to me that I should have been 2cm taller. . . . . . . . . . . . . . no?!

No it doesn't - wingspan is often a little longer than height.

Stunted Growth?
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2017, 01:34:00 AM »

Old thread, but I'll try anyway.  Have I reached my highest potential height, or is my height a result of stunted growth?

Useful info:

I'm about 6′ (182183 cm, and morning height is 184 cm)

Older brother: 6′2, or 6′2. 4 if you will (188189 cm, and morning height is 190 cm)

Dad: 6′2-ish at his peak (188189 cm)

Older sister: About 5′9 (175176 cm)

Mom: Somewhere between 5′4 and 5′5 at her peak (163164 cm)

My theory is that I inherited one or several impactful genes from my mother which my siblings didn't inherit, which made my spine, and possibly my head, shorter.  I and my older brother have the same hand length, arm length, shoulder width, arm span (which is about 184 cm) and leg length.  His feet are longer, but from what I've heard, my father had about as long feet as me, which probably explains that.  My body definitely has decent symmetry, and my height and arm span, and my older brother's arm span, are more or less the same as the average height of our parents (gender is taken into account).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.