MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:22:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysteryman - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2006 - LL Life (5 Cm+)  (Read 50748 times)
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« on: January 04, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »

Summary

Original Height: 165cm (5ft 4.96)
Final Height: 175.25cm (5ft 9) (8.5cm Through tibia lengthening)
The extra either came from growing,
or better posture from lying in a bed.

Doctors: Professor Xia & Dr. Li

Operation Date: 18 September 2006
Lengthing Stopped: 17 Febuary 2007
Frame Removed: 7 March 2007

Started Walking: 13 March 2007
Returned Home: 18 March 2007
Walking Normally: 18-31st May 2007 (planned)

Heys guys,

As most of you probley know i had my surgery 7 days before MMT in Beijing china. Since MMT has stopped lengthning and has had his frames removed, i thought i would continue to post my continuing experiences in a new thread. For my experiences of lengthning from 1 to 5cm, you can find them in MMT's diarie located here.

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php?topic=50.0

Well now that ive hit the 5cm mark, lifes getting tougher. The main problem being the legs bending due to the tendon reaching it's maximum stretch. The resolution to this is, simply a matter of time/weight being applied to the knee area to force the tendon to stretch, in china we call this sandbagging (Because the weights used are filled with sand). It is very painful, and i currently had 4 sand bags per leg, each weighing around 4/5kg. I do this for around 2 hours per day, in 30 minute sessions. The below picture is me undergoing sand bagging.

I am currently at 5.5cm, and i am going for 8/8.5cm. I know it's gonna cost me blood sweat and tears for every MM, but it's worth it. Almost all paitents doing 8-10cm will get bending problems (though women have it easier due to softer tendons) so if you are planning on large numbers, be prepared!.

There are ways to decrease the amount of sand bagging, such as always keeping your leg straight.. dont use wheelchairs, walk alot etc.

Anyway, i'll leave it there for now and update as soon as something new happens

Have a Happy new Year!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:28:45 PM by mysteryman » Logged

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:46:30 AM »

wow, reminds me of my legs when i was there. But for ome reason, your legs look more bent then mine were.

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:54:30 AM »

Having lived with Mysteryman for three months, I can tell you that I think he is determined enough to go all of the way, sandbags or no sandbags Smiley

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:04:28 AM »

wow, reminds me of my legs when i was there. But for ome reason, your legs look more bent then mine were.

Yea, my right leg is pretty bad, though i can get it straight in a few days when i stop lengthning. My left leg is easy to get straight after 1 sandbag session.

My tendons are pretty dam strong, especially in my right leg. But hey, im going all the way to 8/8.5 wether my tendon likes it or not.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
ZOton2
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 142

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »

Haha thats what I did too it works very well, except I just cross my legs and use the weight from my second leg. Its enough weight for me. I was able to take my first steps without my walker 1 month after I stopped lengthening with this method  Grin best of luck to you!
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »

Hello people,

It's another good day in beijing, MMT has been having fun with the nurses - ive been having fun with sand bags, the head nurse kindly had a new sand bag made for me!!, before you start thinking it was a nice gesture..take a look below.

I have nick named him arnie, after arnold schwarzenegger.. and before you ask, yes he hurts like hell! but does his job well also...i am starting to sound like tom hanks in cast away...wilson!!!!

Onto a more intresting note, lets talk a little about proportions. As i know many of you are scared of looking like a praying mantis,so MMT kindly took a photo of my proportions this evening for your viewing pleasure,currently i am at around 6cm, and my proportions were perfect before the operation, so i hope the picture below will relieve some of your worries.

Only 2/2.5cm more to go, and im feeling good, going out for dinner on thusday with the nurse's, MMT a doctor or 2 and of course my favourite maid Tai-Jay.

More coming soon.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 04:28:32 PM by mysteryman » Logged

Leg Lengthening Veteran
gungho
Investigator
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

Hey MysteryMan,

Sorry to hear that you're doing it tough.

I have to confess that actually I'm only on this board because my partner is shortly (no pun intended) to get leg-lengthening in beijing and I'm trying to get my head around this whole crazy venture and actually start organizing it. I must admit I think that you're all certifiably nuts and just don't understand it but my fruitcake of a partner is determined so rather than a nice new Peugot 407 coupe I get a happy partner 7 cm taller. I'm about 171cm and must admit that while it would be nice to be a bit taller - not enough to go through with current leg-lengthening procedures.

I have been lurking in the background and have read most posts of this board and can't recall seeing answers to the following questions so hope you can help me out:

Is it possible/easy to buy a notebook close by since Lenovo actually makes them there? I thought it would be cheaper to get my partner a notebook there - can one get a international version that has legitimate english version of windows on it?

My partner is also a bit of a fanatical health junkie and wants to bring a cocktail of supplements and tablets with her for the stay - is this easily brought in to beijing.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread but you seem to have seen a good deal of beijing so I thought you were the best person to ask. Grin
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »

Is it possible/easy to buy a notebook close by since Lenovo actually makes them there? I thought it would be cheaper to get my partner a notebook there - can one get a international version that has legitimate english version of windows on it?

My partner is also a bit of a fanatical health junkie and wants to bring a cocktail of supplements and tablets with her for the stay - is this easily brought in to beijing.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread but you seem to have seen a good deal of beijing so I thought you were the best person to ask. Grin

Hey gungho!,

Your correct that IBM(lenevo's) can be bought in china, and are also made in china, but electronics are all expensive in china..and most laptops(notebooks) are the same price as england, and they are certainly cheaper in the USA. so i would buy a computer before your partner heads out!.

Health supplements are easy to aquire in beijing, you can choose between western brands or chinese brands, western brands being alot more expensive.

Anymore questions, just ask away.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »

Hello people,

It's another good day in beijing, MMT has been having fun with the nurses - ive been having fun with sand bags, the head nurse kindly had a new sand bag made for me!!, before you start thinking it was a nice gesture..take a look below.

I have nick named him arnie, after arnold schwarzenegger.. and before you ask, yes he hurts like hell! but does his job well also...i am starting to sound like to tom hanks in cast away...wilson!!!!

Onto a more intresting note, lets talk a little about proportions. As i know many of you are scared of looking like a praying mantis,so MMT kindly took a photo of my proportions this evening for your viewing pleasure,currently i am at around 6cm, and my proportions were perfect before the operation, so i hope the picture below will relieve some of your worries.

Only 2/2.5cm more to go, and im feeling good, going out for dinner on thusday with the nurse's, MMT a doctor or 2 and of course my favourite maid Tai-Jay.

More coming soon.

nice picture mysteryman, idd it does look very proportionate, what's more, i think your femurs look fairly tall (especially compared to mine) for some reason, so now it looks pretty sweet judging from your picture. how tall where you before op btw?
and while i asked this before to MMT, could you ask your doctor to give you your exact pre-op height from x-rays, or pm them to me if possible. it really would be a big help to me, as i seem to be in your height range and i for the life of me can't decide between tibia and femur Smiley

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:52:01 PM by MMT Admin » Logged
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:15:09 PM »

nice picture mysteryman, idd it does look very proportionate, what's more, i think your femurs look fairly tall (especially compared to mine) for some reason, so now it looks pretty sweet judging from your picture. how tall where you before op btw?
and while i asked this before to MMT, could you ask your doctor to give you your exact pre-op height from x-rays, or pm them to me if possible. it really would be a big help to me, as i seem to be in your height range and i for the life of me can't decide between tibia and femur Smiley

Before the operation i was 165cm or 5,5 - Now i am about 172 (1cm from keeping good posture from lying in bed alot). The doctor can give me my femur/tib leg length's from the x-ray but not my overall height, as that is just done on a standard wall measuring machine. If you want my before fem/tib ratio i'll get it next time i see the doc.

Anymore questions, fire away amigo.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

Before the operation i was 165cm or 5,5 - Now i am about 172 (1cm from keeping good posture from lying in bed alot). The doctor can give me my femur/tib leg length's from the x-ray but not my overall height, as that is just done on a standard wall measuring machine. If you want my before fem/tib ratio i'll get it next time i see the doc.

Anymore questions, fire away amigo.

it would be a big help yes. when i consulted my orthopedist about LL the first thing he did was make an x-ray of my legs. it gives a good idea of the proportion. my femurs were 46,5 cm, my tibs 36,5 cm , so my tib/femur ratio is 0.79. i'm around 172cm.

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »

it would be a big help yes. when i consulted my orthopedist about LL the first thing he did was make an x-ray of my legs. it gives a good idea of the proportion. my femurs were 46,5 cm, my tibs 36,5 cm , so my tib/femur ratio is 0.79. i'm around 172cm.

In an ideal world you fem/tib ratio should be 50/50 so you can probley do 10cm on your tib's, and still look smooth, depends on your torso/leg ration also.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
daany1
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »

In an ideal world you fem/tib ratio should be 50/50 so you can probley do 10cm on your tib's, and still look smooth, depends on your torso/leg ration also.
mysteryman how do you mesured the legs tibia from botton feet to half knee
femurs from half knee to pelvic or is mesured from inside of fermur?
let us know thank you
ps: pictures are awsome !!!!!!! proportions look fine as now  Grin
Lucky_Man
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »

Hi MM,
I can see in your proportions photo that you have half of the ring around your ankle. I know it's a Dr. Xia invention for avoiding the 'ballerina foot' but in comparison with the photo which was taken during sandbagging it seems to me you've no protection around your ankle. Is that true? I mean, can you move the ankle protection when you need or is it still but I just can't see it as it's hidden in the bag?
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

Hi MM,
I can see in your proportions photo that you have half of the ring around your ankle. I know it's a Dr. Xia invention for avoiding the 'ballerina foot' but in comparison with the photo which was taken during sandbagging it seems to me you've no protection around your ankle. Is that true? I mean, can you move the ankle protection when you need or is it still but I just can't see it as it's hidden in the bag?

The front of my foot has no protection, as i need to move it up and down etc. Unless you need serious foot correction, i dont think theres any external LL technique which puts the frame over the front of your foot.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 12:22:35 PM »

let us know thank you

Without x-rays it's pretty rough. But the best way is your hip to half your knee, for your femur, and half your knee to were your ankle curves outward, for your tibia.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »

let us know thank you

Without x-rays it's pretty rough. But the best way is your hip to half your knee, for your femur, and half your knee to were your ankle curves outward, for your tibia.

idd, without x-rays you get a much 'larger' estimate of your legs. the only good way to know your proportion and length is through x-rays from an orthopedist.
RatsoRizzo
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »

Hi Grande2,

it seems as though we have identical proportions, 172/46.5/36.5. Lips Sealed I am sure of my height but measured my own leg dimensions.

I discovered my legs were a little short compared to my height when doing a cycling test when younger.
I dont know if definite but i read on the net that the normal tibia-to-femur ratio is  0.84. this would mean adding 2.5cms to tibia would be the norm for lower leg proportions.But probably more, maybe 4.5cm on legs, would make for normal leg-to-trunk proportions.I reckon this means that going for say 7cm should not look disproportionate, as its still close to normal ratio,just the legs will be slightly longer rather than shorter.

wondered where and when you are thinking of doing LL?

RR
grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 06:00:08 PM »

Hi Grande2,

it seems as though we have identical proportions, 172/46.5/36.5. Lips Sealed I am sure of my height but measured my own leg dimensions.

I discovered my legs were a little short compared to my height when doing a cycling test when younger.
I dont know if definite but i read on the net that the normal tibia-to-femur ratio is  0.84. this would mean adding 2.5cms to tibia would be the norm for lower leg proportions.But probably more, maybe 4.5cm on legs, would make for normal leg-to-trunk proportions.I reckon this means that going for say 7cm should not look disproportionate, as its still close to normal ratio,just the legs will be slightly longer rather than shorter.

wondered where and when you are thinking of doing LL?

RR

well you can never be sure of your real height if you don't do x-rays, i did mine carefully myself aswell but i came out in the 49-39cm range or something. the ideal ratio does seem to be between 0.80 and .0.85 , which doesn't leave much room for large increases in one segment. however thats an ideal, it also depends on the original ratio.
i still don't know if i will do LL or not, and where i sure as hell wouldn't know right now Smiley
i'm still hoping MMT will post or pm his stats from x-rays someday.. ;)v as his case does seem to prove that some decent lengthening (i think it's around 4.5cm lengthening + 1cm correction) doesn't really inflict proportions that much..

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:02:53 PM by grande2 » Logged
gungho
Investigator
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 04:45:36 AM »

Hey MysteryMan,

I will be staying with my partner for the first 3 weeks in Beijing and was wondering where the best place to stay other than in the hospital which seems rather expensive for guests. Any suggestions for accomodation nearby thats reasonable? I will probably only need it for sleeping in since I will be spending most of my time with my girl and hunting and gathering for her!

Also, since she's rather fussy about her health supplements and lotions and potions - is it possible to get that sort of stuff through chinese customs without problems?

It sounds like the endless supply of DVD's helped you through - did you bring them in or did you get hold of them there. If you did get them there - is english available on them or only as subtitles?

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.