MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysteryman - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2006 - LL Life (5 Cm+)  (Read 50752 times)
Terminator
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »

Sorry - Mysteryman. Dumb question. Congratulations btw.

I dont know if you've answered this already.

But does the beijing hospital provide sandbags? Or do you have to bring your own? (Sandbags are the most comfortable things in the world!)
bzyk656
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility -4

« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2007, 09:46:48 PM »

hi mysteryman!
25000$ covers now 4 months therapy how much is when you are not finished ll within 4 months for example i want to get 7 cm so i need about 1 month logger do i have to pay extra?did u?
Pozdrawiam
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »

hi mysteryman!
25000$ covers now 4 months therapy how much is when you are not finished ll within 4 months for example i want to get 7 cm so i need about 1 month logger do i have to pay extra?did u?
Pozdrawiam

You have to check with the hospital - the prices change and so the costs when Mysteryman and I had our treatment last year are not really going to help you much Smiley

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »

hi mysteryman!
Pozdrawiam

You can negogiate with them.
$25K for 4 months is not set in stone.
I truely believe you can ask for $25K for 5 months or $22500 for 4 months.
You can always stay longer on a month to month basis.
The going rate is $1500/ month

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:53 AM »

...The going rate is $1500/ month

I heard the most recent going rate is $3000 per month.

Went from 163cm (5'4) to 171cm (5'7) in Beijing!
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »

I heard the most recent going rate is $3000 per month.

Maybe its just me but I have 5 months and an extra 10 days here.
So I asked her how much for the extra 20 days to make it 6 months total and she told me $1000.
I also heard someone told me an extra month is $1500 which my $1000 for 20 days make sense.

Every cm was TORTURE.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »

Maybe its just me but I have 5 months and an extra 10 days here.
So I asked her how much for the extra 20 days to make it 6 months total and she told me $1000.
I also heard someone told me an extra month is $1500 which my $1000 for 20 days make sense.

You'll find that the pricing is very much a personal thing, which is why people should check with the hospital directly themselves Wink

jeremyonline
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2007, 04:27:12 PM »

Mysteryman,

I'm reading threads from various patients here in this hospital.  There's a handful of patients who arrive at the hospital wanting 10cm, but after having discussions with doctors, they decide to pursue 7-8cm.  I understand the doctors suggestion is vital as he's your physician.  Personally, I'd like to achieve 10cm.  Is this a choice I can make for myself?

Responses from other patients are welcomed.

Metalhead
MMT Member

Credibility -7

« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »

As you can read from their official website, yes you can achieve 10cm if you wish.

I'm not a patient yet, but from what I've seen from other experiences, you don't go that much because of the pain and the proportions issue. Also, during the road for 10cm many complications are likely to affect, which will make you want to stop before you achieve your goal.

Actually I want 10cm for myself and I'm still thinking for a way to avoid two operations.
pixie
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 357

LL Queen

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2007, 01:35:19 PM »

If you want to do 10cm on your Tibias in one op then I think that would be achievable on a few conditions:-
Make sure you have the best surgeon possible for what you can afford-cheapest isnt always best.
Take your time-I lengthened quickly and had no problems but only did 7.5cm. You will be pushing your body to incredible limits doing 10cm so respect it.
ALWAYS do your physio and get yourself disciplined for your exercise routines.
Accept that this isnt going to be pleasant and if things outside medical care can be overlooked then try to do so. you will save yourself a lot of mental anguish on the way.
If you insist on cleanliness and hygeine (noone got MRSA in Beijing as far as im aware) then when you do your shopping for supplies pre op get some disinfectant and put it in toilet and pee pots daily, this can be achieved very easily. I know perhaps cleaners ought to do it but doing it yourself will eliminate a mountain of grief and anger within yourself.
Always focus on the end result and not the journey itself, the end result will far outweigh any pain and suffering you go through to achieve 10cm!
Lastly, Moaning is sometimes good for you to let it out but ultimately is distructive. During LL you need to be constantly focused on possitives not negatives try to turn any negative thought around to possitive ones. This is obviously easier said than done but achievable non the less.
Hope all works out well for you Pixie xx Smiley

Did 7.5cm in Beijing in 2007!
LL shouldnt make it easier to look down on others but help us gain A better view of those we look up to.
smallme
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »

Dear mystery man, How are you doing right now?
 I would like to know more about (only ) internal procedure in Bejing, because here I red the most operations have been done. my other alternative is Serbia, but is a completly new procedure...

What was your experience in Bejing with internal method. Which internal method is dr Xia using? What are the costs? and can you fly back after f.e few weeks to revalidate and do physio nearby home

You might off course not now recent answers

grtz
 small me
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2007, 04:49:56 PM »

Dear mystery man, How are you doing right now?
 I would like to know more about (only ) internal procedure in Bejing, because here I red the most operations have been done. my other alternative is Serbia, but is a completly new procedure...

What was your experience in Bejing with internal method. Which internal method is dr Xia using? What are the costs? and can you fly back after f.e few weeks to revalidate and do physio nearby home

You might off course not now recent answers

grtz
 small me

They don't do internal lengthening in Beijing, only external over nails.

MMT

pimpmaster55
Lurker

Credibility 0

go big or go home

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:51 PM »

i was wondering, 8.5cm is alot and to achieve the total 8.5 did you have to recieve the tendo achillis surgery because your foot was pointing downward and your tendo achillis was to tight.

pimpmaster
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2008, 01:42:41 PM »

i was wondering, 8.5cm is alot and to achieve the total 8.5 did you have to recieve the tendo achillis surgery because your foot was pointing downward and your tendo achillis was to tight.

No. There is NO NEED for any tendon surgery, except with the most primitive methods. If you read the details of the Beijing device, you will see that the ankle is also fixed so there is no possibility of the 'drop-foot' or ballerina problem you can experience with Ilizarov alone.

As far as I know, only surgeons in Egypt still employ this practice, which most sophisticated surgeons frown upon.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:05:23 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »

Hi Mysteryman. Not much info is posted here about what goes on during the Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year). Since you've actually experienced it before I was hoping you could help shed some light on the situation.

I have made preliminary arrangements to do LATN in Beijing on 12 January 2009. This only gives a 2 week gap before the 1st day of the Lunar New Year (26 January 2009). Dr. Roger Li suggested I do it after the holidays, sometime in February but I would like some input from the community first before making a final decision.

I would imagine that the first few days/weeks is the most important and the period when I'd need most care and attention. My concern is that there might not be enough staff on hand to attend to my needs. Also will the best surgeons be around before/during/after the festive period to address any complications, should there be any (knock on wood)?

Taking into account the festive moods leading to and after the actual holiday date, what would you recommend?
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »

Hi Mysteryman. Not much info is posted here about what goes on during the Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year). Since you've actually experienced it before I was hoping you could help shed some light on the situation.

I have made preliminary arrangements to do LATN in Beijing on 12 January 2009. This only gives a 2 week gap before the 1st day of the Lunar New Year (26 January 2009). Dr. Roger Li suggested I do it after the holidays, sometime in February but I would like some input from the community first before making a final decision.

I would imagine that the first few days/weeks is the most important and the period when I'd need most care and attention. My concern is that there might not be enough staff on hand to attend to my needs. Also will the best surgeons be around before/during/after the festive period to address any complications, should there be any (knock on wood)?

Taking into account the festive moods leading to and after the actual holiday date, what would you recommend?

I think you already know the answer to your question.
The first few weeks are the most important.
I was there durig the moon festival and anyone that was important was gone for a week.
So imagine Chinese New Year, they might be gone longer.
Take his advice, do it after the Chinese New year.

Every cm was TORTURE.
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

do it after Chinese New Year mate.. it's a must.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2008, 01:53:13 AM »

Hi.

Always follow the doctors' advice - as per my diary, China shuts down over New Year and there will be very few people around - Dr Li is right to tell you to do it after the New Year.

Cheers,

MMT

nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2008, 02:19:47 AM »

Thanks for the input guys. How long after the Lunar New Year would be a good time to schedule the surgery? 1 week? 2 weeks? Or more?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2008, 02:23:55 AM »

I'd go for early February - it's cold in Beijing in winter, and it will just start to be getting warmer then!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.