MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:23:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysteryman - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2006 - LL Life (5 Cm+)  (Read 50751 times)
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 05:40:38 AM »

Hey MysteryMan,

I will be staying with my partner for the first 3 weeks in Beijing and was wondering where the best place to stay other than in the hospital which seems rather expensive for guests. Any suggestions for accomodation nearby thats reasonable? I will probably only need it for sleeping in since I will be spending most of my time with my girl and hunting and gathering for her!

Also, since she's rather fussy about her health supplements and lotions and potions - is it possible to get that sort of stuff through chinese customs without problems?

It sounds like the endless supply of DVD's helped you through - did you bring them in or did you get hold of them there. If you did get them there - is english available on them or only as subtitles?

Thanks for your help!

Hey gungho!,

Theres a hotel 3 minutes walk from the hospital, it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's clean and cheap at 100RMB per night. Which ruffley equates to 13 USD.

Liquids, are a pain in the ass to get through customs - and they may be confiscated. Herbal pills will probley be checked out by security, but will be allowed in. But to save yourself alot of hassle, you and your girl should just go to the local pharmacy before her operation, you should be able to get anything you need there, and if not the internet will always be there for anything else you cant find.

I brought a few dvd's, but most i bought in china and they cost between 7-10 RMB so like 79 cents to a buck per dvd. Quality depends on how long it's been released for example, the latest movies at the cinema are usually bad quality, because some chinese guy has just sneaked into a cinema with a hand held camera, but older movies like 6 months+ old, are dvd rips and are very good quality, and yes there are all in english.

Anything else i can help you with?

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 03:07:59 AM »

Thanks for the help Mysteryman, in case you hadn't guessed, I'm gungho's girl Smiley
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »

Hey Isabelle, glad you devided to go with your dream. Are you exited/ancious of leaving?

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »

Hi cbick, am very much looking forward to it! Not the pain part of course but you know how it is when you want something badly and just grit your teeth and get it done. Been following your progress and determination and send my best wishes to you. I feel a bit guilty and really should pop in your diary some time and put in an encouraging word or two Smiley
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 05:58:38 AM »

Yesterday, i got a pin affection, due to the sand bagging. When you apply alot of weight onto the knee it cause's the pins to saw through your skin, which while sounding nasty, is not all that painful - but it does leave you open to infections..which are really not a big problem at all health wise they are just an annoyance and they just get abit gory...as you can see below.

It's not all fun and games people, but then again 90% of time im having fun..im getting taller..doing the impossible..so i would say the karmic power of the universe is being pretty dam good to me.  Wink

I will be home in just over 2 months, basking in a hot bath tub. Ready to restart my life.. and im going to miss this place! miss the people, miss the crazy chinese culture, my room mate....

But they do say home is were the heart is Wink

Leg Lengthening Veteran
cbick66
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 514

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 07:19:05 AM »

keep going duder. I got round 2 comming up

TIME IS YOUR FRIEND
Cheers to all the vets and future LL Troopers
leelee
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 07:45:03 PM »

Hi MM,

Glad you started your own diary.

It's very honest and commendable of you to show us your gory pin infection. And I agree, dealing with a transient pin infection to achieve the "impossible" is so worth it.

Thanks Smiley
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 02:34:54 AM »

I was just about to ask if you?ve experienced tearing at any of the pin sites and I guess you?ve just answered that question. Not that it would have prevented it but I was interested if you?ve been rubbing moisturiser daily into the skin like MMT and if so, how close to the pins do you actually go? Hope the infection clears up quickly.

Also been wondering or rather hoping, do they have any health type stores similar to those in the west or does it seem to be just pharmacies and Chinese herbalists there?
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 02:57:53 AM »

Not that it would have prevented it but I was interested if you?ve been rubbing moisturiser daily into the skin like MMT and if so, how close to the pins do you actually go? Hope the infection clears up quickly.

Im afraid where i come from, a man does'nt moisturise haha. Grin But if i were to, just keep a 1cm no go zone around the pins and you will be fine.

Thanks about the infection, it'll be gone by tommorow, the drip clears it up a treat.

Also been wondering or rather hoping, do they have any health type stores similar to those in the west or does it seem to be just pharmacies and Chinese herbalists there?

Not sure about pure health shops, but they have western super market's, which should sell a reasonable 'healthy living' foods/pills. But im sure there will be a dedicated western health shop somewhere in beijing. But you dont have to worry about health supplements to much, if theres one thing you can get cheap in china it's fruit! and you will probley each so much, you will be foaming vitamin a,b,c,d from the mouth!.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:13:14 AM by mysteryman » Logged

Leg Lengthening Veteran
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 03:12:25 AM »

Im afraid were i come from, a man does'nt moisturise haha. Grin But if i were to, just keep a 1cm no go zone around the pins and you will be fine.

He-he - moisturise, I say - moisturise! Especially because the air in Beijing is notoriously dry. Me and some of the other girls here would die without our moisturisers Smiley

Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 03:46:36 AM »

Thanks guys, gungho is just like Mysteryman on the moisturising! Keep it up MMT Smiley

Do you happen to have a rough idea how many rooms they have allocated to foreigners etc since times don?t seem like they will be any less busy in that department with all the extra interest generated from the diaries? I guess there aren?t a lot of single rooms since most people prefer some company as well as being slightly more cost effective. About how many foreign patients are there at the moment?

Also I remember reading MMT had bent pins by the time he was done and was wondering if you?d experienced the same and the effects if any?
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 04:06:53 AM »

Thanks guys, gungho is just like Mysteryman on the moisturising! Keep it up MMT Smiley

Your partner sounds quite smart Cheesy

Do you happen to have a rough idea how many rooms they have allocated to foreigners etc since times don?t seem like they will be any less busy in that department with all the extra interest generated from the diaries? I guess there aren?t a lot of single rooms since most people prefer some company as well as being slightly more cost effective. About how many foreign patients are there at the moment?

Theres no direct division between foriegners, and the locals.. but right now i think theres around 3/4 beds free in the hospital. Theres no actual single rooms, but im sure if you are a violent room mate, they will leave the bed next to you empty for a long time. Wink

As for foriegn paitents, theres 5 at the moment, 1 more coming this month. But many of the chinese locals speak english, and are good for a laugh.

Also I remember reading MMT had bent pins by the time he was done and was wondering if you?d experienced the same and the effects if any?

I sure have, everyone gets bent pins, it's just a question of how much it will bend - for a woman though it wont exceed 1cm.

Have a good day Isabelle

Leg Lengthening Veteran
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 07:31:09 AM »

Thankyou Smiley.  I guess I was thinking about those rooms with more western approved bathrooms as opposed to those in the standard locals? rooms. Can?t remember if mentioned before when MMT leaves for home whether it?s likely they?ll be moving the next foreign male patient to undergo surgery in to share with you for the little remainder of your stay? If so, hope you get another gooden!
stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

I am just anxiously waiting my turn to go under the knife  Grin around April 1, 07

Isabelle when are you thinking about getting your surgery?

Mysterman/ Does chicken taste like chicken in Beijing? (You know what I'm talking about  Cheesy )

Went from 163cm (5'4) to 171cm (5'7) in Beijing!
Bran
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 01:16:04 AM »

I have tentative plans for a May start date at this hospital.  After spending a week reading MMT and Mysteryman's threads off and on, I've figured this is as good as any place to have the procedure.  The funding is in place, I just hope they'll charge me $20k rather than $25k.  I suppose I'll contact Dr. Li this week and see about timing.  I don't really have the funds to jetset over to Bejing just for a look around.  When I fly over for the first time, that's hopefully the time I'll also start the op.

Reading Mm and MMT's diaries is fascinating.  Although, I'm partial to the term "journal" for dudes.
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 08:37:48 AM »

Good day ladies and gentlemen,

It's another good day in beijing, and im glad to report my pin sites have cleared up nicely.

It's fun looking at old photo's of your legs during LL you really see a big difference in them, that you dont see on a day to day basis. As you can see below.

Here's a picture of my scars for your viewing pleasure. Just were the pins cut the skin as you lengthen.

Anyway, not to much happening recently - same old routine. MMT is planning a number of leaving shin digs and chasing nurse's.. while i sand bag the day away.

More coming soon...

Leg Lengthening Veteran
rose
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 04:04:03 PM »

mysteryman, do they serve 3 meals at the hotel at 13usd per night?

do they have microwave/cooking stove and drinking water installed?

do you think its possible to get someone to buy u fruits and food from hospital staff and bring it over?

lastly, do u think u cld ask if its possible to get a discount for extended stay of say 6mths at the hotel?
Isabelle
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 262

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 04:17:38 AM »

I notice what looks to be 2-3 incision scars on each knee, for some reason I was expecting one. I?m a bit concerned about scarring because my family will freak out all the more if it?s too obvious on me and I?d even get the worst of them cosmetically improved before leaving despite getting opened up again later. I?m also a girl and we can be pretty fussy about scars so will be using scar lotions etc as well. Guys get away with scars so much better Sad

Hi stewie, I?d like it to be in the second week of April but whether or not that date suits them I don?t know. It?s a long story but gungho rang them on my behalf the other day and what with Dr Ronne?s english and the bad connection no progress was made. Hope to see you round then Smiley
mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 04:49:14 AM »

I notice what looks to be 2-3 incision scars on each knee, for some reason I was expecting one. I?m a bit concerned about scarring because my family will freak out all the more if it?s too obvious on me and I?d even get the worst of them cosmetically improved before leaving despite getting opened up again later. I?m also a girl and we can be pretty fussy about scars so will be using scar lotions etc as well. Guys get away with scars so much better Sad

Hi stewie, I?d like it to be in the second week of April but whether or not that date suits them I don?t know. It?s a long story but gungho rang them on my behalf the other day and what with Dr Ronne?s english and the bad connection no progress was made. Hope to see you round then Smiley

Hi Isabelle,

Theres 2 scars from the surgery (besides the holes from the pins) one is a straight line just below the knee. The second is 2 inches down, and is a squarish shape. Then you get the pin hole cutting, which is generally alot worse for men, due to stronger tendons.. and if you want to avoid big pin hole scars, 5cm is a good stop point. Women here also use a plastic substance which covers there scars, which makes the scars colour more aligned with there skin colour.

You can have your scars removed during your second surgery right here, at the cost of 50 USD per scar. But most people leave this till there 3rd operation. Or you could become an 'O natural' girl, and let your leg hair grow wild and free Wink.

As for ronne, PM me your details etc - and i will get everything arranged for you, and if you send me your phone number i can give you a call at a time thats good for you, and explain what's happening etc.

Have a good day matey.

Leg Lengthening Veteran
Bran
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 04:54:44 AM »

Mm, what's the amount of lengthening achieved in the lefthand pic and are your toes pointing towards the wall or towards the ceiling(hard to tell)?

Looks like it'll be time to hit the beach when you jog outta there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.