MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geheimes - Internal Femurs - Dr. Betz - 2008 - Geheimes Journey  (Read 86990 times)
Geheimes
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »

My LL operation is 3rd September 2008 - just a few days away now. Im planing to post information about my LL experience.

Im looking forward to it, but I am abit "worried" and such. I have never broken a leg or arm befor, so I dont know what kinda "pain" Im going to feel.

Also I imagine alot of pain duo fact the OP it self. Im hoping the drugs I get will help me thou the pain, and I hope I will manage the rest. I am aware (atleast I have been telling my self) that I will experience periods with extreem pain (Im I right?).

Im planing to stay at the hospital for 14 days, and then travel back home. Im just hoping that I will manage the day-to-day life after coming home.

I have some questions (I guess the Doctor can answer them, but I like to hear how other have dealth with them):

1. Can I shower my legs just like normal after the OP? Or do I need to keep them dry? (Im doing both Femurs with Albizza Nail)

2. Can I manage to make my own dinner, and shower and stuff like that? Spesially Im worried about the showering part - Should I bring my crouches into the shower with me? :p Or should I be siting on a chair when taking a shower?

In God I trust, and in Dr.Prof.med. A. Betz (Betz Institute)

Best Regards
Geheimes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:51:38 AM by SysOp » Logged
osteo
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:28:55 PM »

Geheimes - I CANNOT wait to read about your experience with Dr. Betz!  What physical preparations have you made for your LL process?  What about your accommodations there?  Is the total cost of the surgery, hospitalization, etc. still around 50,000 euros?  How about the cost of postop physical therapy?
As for your questions, you're right, you should just ask Dr. Betz since every surgeon has his own specific postop care.  But in general, bandages stay on for 2 days and most surgeons won't let you shower for a few days.  They'll also tell you not to soak in a bath for several days after surgery. Good luck and keep us up to speed!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:52:33 AM by SysOp » Logged
Geheimes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »

The cost for my LL OP is 42500 Euros. This does not cover the stay in Germany after the 14 days of hospital.

I'm planing to travel back home 16th September - after 14 days of hospital stay. But of course this is subject to change if I see that its best to stay there more. Mabey I still need to adjust to my new situation, or something unplanned happens. But I think everything will go as planed and I will be back home 16th September 2008 (in about 2 weeks).

I have not done any preparations before my LL OP. Well, I have lost 6kg or so. Im 69kg now. I did talk to a guy when I was at my consultation 2 weeks ago - he did tell me to do stretches and such, but I have not had time to do that. I have been sorting out the money for my OP and I have prepared my living situation.

I travel to Germany tomorrow afternoon, I will be operated 3rd September (unless something unexpected happens).

I will keep you all updated. Im gonna try to take pictures and videos.

Pray for me guys and girls.

My biggest worry is that I will not recover 100%. I dont want to walking like a robot for the rest of my life.

All I wish is that I will walk and move just like I do today, but that I will be 10cm taller. Am I been unrealistic? I think that by March 2009, I will be walking 100% normal - what you guys think? Anyone with first hand experience about this?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:53:54 AM by SysOp » Logged
GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »

I'm happy and hopeful to see a Betz patient prior to nearing surgery express desire to thoroughly document including pics and vids. Thanks, Geheimes; and good luck to you.

Some notes:

1: I'm a bit concerned that you might not tolerate the pain as well as others, since you have said you have never broken anything.
I hope to comfort others and you by the following.

I have broken my legs multiple times in multiple places, and I have had surgical repair and non-surgical repair. The breaks were, naturally, combinations of shattering, splintering, fragmenting and about every break you see here http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=8083 except for compound (sticking through the skin) which required substantial resetting (manual realignment of bone structure to as close to normal state as possible) without pain medication. After experiencing this degree of pain, subsequent pains have always been much easier to tolerate.

When I had surgery for one of my shatters/fragmented/comminuted breaks, I was extremely impressed with the amount of pain relief after I awoke. It was only 3 or so days after the severe break, yet the pain was almost gone in comparison to pre-surgery torture. This made me wish I had surgery on subsequent breaks that didn't require surgery.

I imagine surgery with Betz to be something like this: (A) You go to sleep without pain. (B) Betz uses a saw to very neatly/cleanly cut the bone and this should provide less pain than naturally occurring breaks. Plus, you won't actually experience the break itself nor the most excruciating period of pain from after the break prior to casting or surgery (nor the second and worst break pain that is resetting the bone). (C) Betz secures yet separates your bone with the Albizzia nail and supporting screws, and I imagine this will have a combination of adding feeling and taking some away. I imagine the screw holes may be irritating, but not what I would call painful. I imagine the soft tissue stretching will be akin to extreme "growing pains" that kept me up through childhood but weren't as bad as my breaks. I imagine the bone separation and growth will be a sporadically throbbing and possibly tingling/shooting type of pain of a bearable degree. I imagine that pain meds will be of substantial help because I don't imagine the pain to be too extreme for them, unlike my breaks were. During lengthening I imagine these pains will fluctuate from momentary episodes of mild to extreme. I will try to take a "hurts so good" mental embracement approach akin to the pain experienced when you have a great workout and focus on the results and how great the accomplishment feels.

2: Pre-surgical conditioning can greatly enhance recovery, and your neglect of it will likely make recovery more difficult than it could otherwise be. This is especially likely with a 10cm increase in one segment, as you seem to be pursuing, as that is about twice the length found to be most easy to adapt to. You should make it through just fine, though.

Good luck.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:06:45 PM »

Hey K,
My name is Tall. I have had successful lengthening with Dr. Betz. 11cm femur. Good luck with the procedure! You are in good hands! I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have now and latter on.

First thing: When you click relax. It is all about relaxation. I am sure you will get proficient very quick. Second thing: When lengthening take your time...It is not necessary to do 15 clicks every single day. If you are moderate, you will have a better recovery. Time is your friend. Thirdly: Stay as long as you can with Dr. Betz during lengthening. Do not rush home!!

I will be praying for you...You can do it. Please tell Dr. Betz that I said Hello. Tell Him I am the 11cm American, he will know who you are talking about.

God Bless,
Tall

Geheimes
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Im so glad I have a place I can share my experience and a place where others can relate.

Will post updates when I can.

Tall: Thanks, and I will say hello to Dr.Betz Smiley

GrownGrowth: Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope for the best, and I will post about my pains :p
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 04:28:59 AM »

My biggest worry is that I will not recover 100%. I dont want to walking like a robot for the rest of my life.

Wouldn't that'd be a bitc*.  Getting LL, being three-four inches taller therefore being more attractive to women in general BUT walking like a robot which would definitely be a turn-OFF for the women.
S
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »

Hi Geheimes!

All the best to you...I'm right behind you, scheduled for the 16th. I will stop by and see you on the 15th (hopefully) before you leave, that is if you would like some company  Smiley I'm sure you'll do just great! You will be my inspiration right before surgery.

I asked Dr. Betz the same questions you did and here are some answers from him:

1. You can shower 2 days after surgery... you will need to wear plastic bags over your legs (provided by the hospital) and once the bandages/stitches are removed, you don't need to cover your legs anymore. Bandages will be removed few days after surgery and stitches will be removed approx 2 weeks later (i.e. right before you leave). You can shower on your own, don't worry  Wink (at least that's what I've been told) Cheesy

2. Make sure you drink lots of fluids, keep hydrated and take your vitamins, calcium and protein while lengthening and throughout the consolidation phase.

3. The clicks, I believe, will get easier (GUnit even mentioned he did all 15 clicks in 3-4 mins everyday)

4. I'm sure you will walk 100% normal, but you have to BELIEVE that...I think a lot of it is mental, if you have a positive outlook and know you can do it, you WILL  Smiley

5. Also, be aware that you will be taking thrombosis shots everyday throughout your stay at the hospital. You will also have to wear thrombosis stockings. Dr. Betz recommends you take shots and wear the stockings everyday while lengthening, but that depends on your mobility. If you move around a lot, then you might not need them. The shots are only covered during your hospital stay and you will have to pay for them when you return home.

6. Don't forget to ask Dr. Betz to give you a Dr's note saying you have implants (for beeping at airport scanning machines) Smiley

7. Last (I think every LL patient has mentioned that), be persistent with your PT!

I wish you all the best, I'm praying for you and hope to meet you soon,
S

Ocean
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 21

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 01:45:35 PM »

Hey Geheimes! It will be VERY interesting for me to follow your diary, since I also have had thoughts about lenghtening at home - just hasn't been sure if it would even be posible unless you happen to live fairly near the clinic, or at least in the same country. Where in the world do you live, by the way? And how will you have life and everything set up around you during the hole process? Do you live alone or with your family or girlfriend? Have you told friends/colleges and so about this? I guess youre gonna sit about super-ready to travel back in a second... I know I would.

..wish you all the best
GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

I travel to Germany tomorrow afternoon, I will be operated 3rd September (unless something unexpected happens).

I will keep you all updated. Im gonna try to take pictures and videos.

Would you mind trying to get approval from Betz to have somebody film the entire operation as thoroughly as possible? It would be interesting. Something like http://www.or-live.com .
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 04:57:15 AM »

If you really want to help potential LLers, put up pictures, pictures and more pictures.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
osteo
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:22 AM »

5. Also, be aware that you will be taking thrombosis shots everyday throughout your stay at the hospital. You will also have to wear thrombosis stockings. Dr. Betz recommends you take shots and wear the stockings everyday while lengthening, but that depends on your mobility. If you move around a lot, then you might not need them. The shots are only covered during your hospital stay and you will have to pay for them when you return home.

Actually, that reminds me of another advantage of the internal method over the traditional external LL method - the patient will be able to wear either compression stockings or intermittent pneumatic compression devices on the lower extremities in addition to heparin/lovenox shots for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis in the acute postop period.

Anyway, carry on with your diary.
Geheimes
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »

Hello everyone

Im now in Frankfurt. Had me a good nights sleep at a cheap hotel Smiley

Im traveling to Lebach in 2 hours or so and will be checking in at Betz Institute later on. I will post pictures as I can (dont worry..pictures and videos of me walking and stuff will come..just takes a bit time). I dont think Dr.Betz would allow video of the operation it self. And to be honest..that would not be that intressting as you would probably not see much.

S: Yes that would be cool. Do drop by and say hello befor I leave. I have planed to leave the 16th, but you never know. If I still need to stay or I feel like staying, I will stay at the residential center close to the hospital.

God...I cant wait to get started! Im looking forward to this all being over.

Yes, I have told my parents, my close friends, my girlfriend. They all support me and offer to help me in everyway possible. This is a BIG pluss, even Dr.Betz was very happy to hear that I had this kind of support at home.

My living situation is very good. I dont need to think about work and stuff like that. My job the next 7 months are to get 4inches taller and walk normal Smiley

I live in Norway.

Thanks for all the good tips and info S. Haha, I was actually having a laugh about the steel nails and the airport security check Smiley I will ask for a Drs.note Smiley

Also good to hear that I will be able to shower my self. The thrombosis shots...hmm..I was thinking just now...how about pain medication and other medication (like thrombosis shots) in general...maby I will have a Drs.note for those also? I probably will, since I need to pick up medication from a hospital or something in Norway.

This is going to be a intressting journy for me (and hopefully for you).

Lebach ...here I come!
S
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »

I know what you mean! I'm counting down the days too! 2 more days and you'll be reborn!
I think Dr. Betz will give you a prescription for all medications so you can buy them when you return home.

All the best Geheimes, keep us posted on your progress,
S
osteo
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »

Geheimes - as you begin your LL process, can you remind us of your stats (i.e. age, current height).  Thanks and good luck!
GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »

I dont think Dr.Betz would allow video of the operation it self.

Asking doesn't hurt.

And to be honest..that would not be that intressting as you would probably not see much.

It's all in the technique. http://www.or-live.com was made because it is helpful and interesting.

I've been a part of various surgeries as on the patient and physician sides. It is intuitive to visualize to some extent, but the visuals can be helpful to understand the surgery, the body, the surgeon and the surgeon's team.

Overall, appropriate pictures and x-rays of your before, during and after will be most helpful to this forum.

Congrats on making it this far.

Geheimes
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 03:46:24 AM »

Hello guys and girls. Time for an update.

I should have made this post as my 1st post, but things worked out this way. So to make a more adequate diary, I will start doing this now.

General Info/fact about me

Sex: Everyday (haha...ok kidding aside) Male
Current height: 165 cm
Current Weight: 68kg
Aim this LL: +10 cm (4 inches) (I might get 11cm because of the initial distraction Dr.Betz does at the operation)

Why am I doing this?  Who cares, we all have our reasons. A close friend of mine summed it up very good – “it’s all about comfort and satisfaction…comfort and satisfaction in yourself”

Preparations: Non – I have not stretched or done anything special to prepare for my LL. I would however recommend losing weight before the LL if you weight over 75kg and are 165 cm. This will make you feel better and you will more likely not stress the Albizzia Nails too much. Theoretically they can sustain 90kg, but several patients have experienced complications duo the Nails, or the screws bending.
I would also highly recommend doing some muscle training on your femurs (and tibias) before doing LL. I have good muscles since I used to work out before. I also did walk a lot the last month. I walked for 2 hours almost every day at 5km/t on flat ground. Just a walk around in my hometown basically. This gives your leg muscles good exercise and makes the blood flow work a lot better.

Ok, let’s move on. I had my first and only consultation 18th August 2008. The consultation was held in Lebach Germany, a small city a couple of hours outside of Frankfurt. The consultation was planed at 10:00, but I had to wait till 11:30 or so before finally getting to my consultation. First I had a talk to X, an assistant of Dr.Betz. Then we took some pictures of me, and then some x-rays. Again I had to wait...for over 2 hours, until Dr.Betz finally arrived for the consultation. The clock was now about 16:00...he was several hours late in other words.

I and Dr.Betz had a talk where he explained the operation itself, and where he gave his views about my wishes. I had told him that I wanted to gain 15cm total. My dream height was 180cm. He told me this was possible with the use of Albizzia Nail and by doing +10 on Femurs, and +5 on Tibias. He did not however recommend doing both segments at the same time. Actually he refused to do it. This would be too big of a stress for a human body. Up to 1.7 mm distraction every day, would be HARD and would most likely result in bad results and result in a complete stop of the lengthening before it was done. He recommended doing the Femurs first, and then doing the Tibias 6 mounts to 1 year after. The time in between was so that my body could get strong again.

Because of the late arrival of Dr.Betz, I actually missed my plane back home, and I had to buy a new plane ticket and stay 1 more night in Frankfurt. I was not very happy about this, since the total bill of my consultation now had come to 1500 Euros (plane ticket, consultation fee, hotel, food, transport etc). But after getting back home I sent the Betz Institute an email. I complained politely, and this resulted in an apology and 285 Euros refund. Professional and good service I would say.

However, if you are planning to go for your consultation, I would highly recommend you to have the whole day open. The consultation takes one whole day if you really want to ask questions, meet with other patients undergoing LL at the time, etc. (You really should take good time and ask questions and see other patients. I meet with one patient, but there was others I wanted to see, but I had no time…I was trying to catch my plane back home…witch I missed anyway).

Ok…so what happened next? I got home and started to gather up the funds for my LL. The cost was 42500 Euros and had to be wired 7 days before the operation. My operation was planned for 3rd September 2008 – I had about 14 days to sort out the money (hmm...let me see...what bank should I rob  Grin ).

I sorted the money in 10 days, and bought me a plane ticket. I talked to my family, girlfriend and friends, and sorted other stuff that needed to be sorted.

Now…I’m here, I’m in Lebach Germany. I’m ready, I’m willing, and I want this. I want this badly! I want it to be over and I can’t wait till the day when I can walk on my own again without any help. I’m looking forward to going shopping for new pants!! Haha!!  Grin Cool

My life after the operation itself, and during the distraction – when will I be done?

I will start my LL on 3rd September 2008, and will be done with the distraction about 12th December 2008. This depends on how much I will distract every day, and also how close to my aim (+10cm) I want to get. But basically I’m planning to do about 1mm average everyday for 100 days. Dr.Betz did however tell me that if my body can handle it, he will tell me to distract up to 1.2mm every day.
After the distraction period (100 days), the consolidation period starts. This will last about 2-3 months. This is very individual since some people have very good bone growth and others have poor bone growth. I have never broken any limb, so I have no clue how good/poor my bone growth is, but I’m guessing on a average and therefore think I will be done late February or early March. After this period I need to wait at least 4 months before I can start running and such.

What I’m I going to do through this long period? I will be watching a lot of movies. I will walk and exercise to help my leg muscles. Else I will read a lot. Other than that life will more or less be normal.

So time for some pictures

The first picture is taken at my consultation, and then modified by X to show approximately how I will look after the 10cm gain.

The second picture is also taken at my consultation, and then modified by X. No funny comments about it please  I know I have gained a few since I stopped working out...so shut it  Cool

The last picture is one I have modified myself to see how I will look standing next to one of my friends (my friend in this picture is 170cm). I’m the guy on the left. I have actually modified several pictures just like this - of me and my girlfriend, and other friends. I wanted to see how I would look next to the people I normally hang with  Smiley. I will make sure to post real pictures after my LL is done and I’m 100% again. It will be fun to see if the pictures I have modified are close to the real deal.

And by the way, the last picture is 4 years old, I used to work out before (bodybuilding), but have had other stuff to focus on. I will go back to bodybuilding after I’m ready to carry full weight on my legs again.

http://gallery.filefront.com/Geheimes//1060598/
http://gallery.filefront.com/Geheimes//1060600/
http://gallery.filefront.com/Geheimes//1060599/

Videos will be posted when I’m back home I guess. I don’t have a video recorder with me, but I’ll see what I can find at the hospital. Maybe someone else has one I can borrow.

If you have any questions, please do ask. I will try to answer them all. It’s also easier for me if you ask questions.

The day before the operation

It started with paper works. I had to sign contracts about liability. The operation will not be done unless all the paper work is done. I have to tell you, after reading and being informed about the risks and what not, I was scared. But because German law demands it, they have to inform you about every possible risk…everything from theoretical risk, to real risk. After the talk, I asked what risk I really need to be worried about, and that was the “thromboses” and “nerve damage”. “Thromboses” basically means that you might die, and the “nerve damage” means that you might lose some feeling in your legs temporarily and in worst case, you can be permanently handicapped..but this is very unlikely. Anyway…..So many have done this operation and nothing to bad has happened, so I hope for the best.

After this, I had to talk to some doctors as a preparation for my operation. I had to answer questions regarding anesthetic, and take some blood samples.

When all this was done, I was taken to my hospital room. The room will be my home for the next 14 days. I was again asked questions, this time it was about what I wanted to eat and drink during my stay at the hospital. And then I was told that I needed to shave my legs for tomorrow. I could do this myself, or the nurses could do it.

I have been told that tomorrow (or tonight) I will be given some injections. This is “heparin” or something like that, and it’s for reducing the risk of “thromboses” and “embolism” (maybe misspelled).

D-DAY

I was up at 06:30, but lied in bed till 07:30. I went in to the shower and started shaving my legs. It took me 1 hour to shave and shower so make sure you have plenty of time. Don’t start doing this to late, or the doctor’s needs to wait for you  Tongue.

After the shower I put on the hospital clothes I was given, and I took some pictures of my shaved legs just in case anyone would like to see them (I R Sexy!)  Cool

Then I was given 3 pills, not sure what each of them do, but they probably was for making me relax and general painkillers that lasts for 24 hours. Ohh...by the way…I was not allowed to drink or eat since 00:00 the night before, and the pills I took right before the operation was taken with little water. (Learn to take pills with no water).

Then came the nurses and measured my blood pressure and my temp. All was fine, and they rolled me to the surgical preparation room. Here I meet with some of the doctors and nurses that where going to assist Dr.Betz. They inserted “canyls” in both my hands and then hooked me up to the intravenous.

Then I was rolled to the surgical room itself. Here I meet with Dr.Betz. He asked how I was doing, and generally comforted me. I was happy when I was been rolled to the surgical preparation room, but I have to admit, I was even more happy when I saw Dr.Betz face. He genuinely cares for his patients – just like a father to his child Smiley-

Then I heard someone ask something in German, and straight after I started feeling a pain in my right arm. I was about to say “this hurts”, but suddenly I woke up 5 hours later and the operation was done Cool. The pain I felt was the good juice (Morphine I'm guessing). The first face I saw was Dr.Betz and he told me that the operation was successful and that everything had gone as planned. Then he asked me for any relatives he could call to inform them that it was all over so that they could stop been worried. I gave him the number to my girlfriend and then she spoke to me for maybe 1 minute.

After this I was rolled back to my hospital room, and nurses started setting me up. After a while X came and said hello. He helped me with getting even more comfortable and we tried to see if I was able to stand up on my feet. I felt like I was hit by a truck after the entire anesthetic, so I did not do that well, but I did stand up for a very short time. X also helped me get me a phone card to my room. Now I have a working phone in my hospital room so that people can call me. (It does help the moral a lot to know that your friends and family supports you. Nothing beats a friendly voice telling you that they are proud of you).

After this Y came over (Y is also an assistant of Dr.Betz). We had a talk about how I felt and he comforted me and helped me get more comfortable.

Then I had a talk to my girlfriend, my family and my friend.

It’s important to drink a lot of fluid after the operation, so I was constantly drinking tea and peeing inside a bottle. I filled that bottle up like 5 times or so  Shocked.

5 hours after the surgery Dr.Betz came to visit me. Again I was so glad to see him. He said that everything was perfect with the operation. He said that my muscles and leg bones are perfect and for this reason…(here came my first surprise!!)…he had made the original distraction (lengthening) at 1.25 cm! This is A LOT. Normally he does 0.3 mm as a minimum, and 0.7 mm as a maximum.

Then I surprised him…he asked if I wanted to try to stand up and take a few steps. He asked if I was feeling dizzy or sick (vomiting sick). I said no, and he asked if I could try to move out of bed. I did this without any help. Then I stood up…again with no help. He was standing in front of me, in case I need support so that I didn’t fall on my face. I took 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Then I felt dizzy. He could not believe his eyes  Shocked. He said that the physiotherapist will not believe this….5 hours after the surgery… and I was not dizzy or sick and I was moving and standing up on my own. And all this after a distraction of 1.25cm….this is just incredible. Well I was impressed to say the least, and so proud of myself!

Ohh..by the way…as I was getting back to bed, I had an accidental “click” on my left leg. Thank god Dr.Betz was there…he just “clicked” the right leg so that they are equal again. I will video myself “clicking” in the future and post it so that you all can see, and hear how it sounds like. For now, let’s just say that the “click” sound was like hearing your bone getting out of alignment, or if you like, a little “farting” sound  Cool.

After this Dr.Betz said goodbye and I tried to sleep, but I was not able to sleep for long. Not because of the pain (all thou I do feel some pain), but just because I can’t sleep. So what I did was set up my laptop and started making this post  Smiley

Tomorrow I will see my physiotherapist and I will do some exercise. I will also get my crouches so that I can move on my own.

I will post more when I have more.

Conclusion for now

Im currently 165 cm + 1.25 cm + 0.066 mm (the accidental click) = 166,316 cm  Cool Roll Eyes
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »

Glad to see someone doing LL from a more upscale place providing details in his diary.
Looking forward to see more pictures.
BTW, how much do you think the total cost will be for you ??

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
osteo
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 08:12:10 AM »

Hello Geheimes - Excellent post!!  You shared with us everything I wanted to know and more.  Thanks for sharing pics of yourself as well.  It looks like you have relatively short femurs to start with so your final proportions should be fine.  Sounds like you're off to a great start.  Keep it up!
Summer2008
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 101

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »

I had fun reading your post.  I also think your proportions look good in the modified photographs, but I'm wondering if you considered the possibility that you won't have 100% of your abilities after undergoing 10cm.  You mentioned walking like a robot, which will eventually dissapear if thinks go as planned.  What about skills like running form, agility, and balance?  Is that a perfectly acceptable tradeoff for you?  (Just curious.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:02:40 AM by Summer2008 » Logged

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.