MMT Community
November 28, 2014, 08:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Think The Perfect Male Height Is?  (Read 129222 times)
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« on: September 01, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »

In my opinion a legit 5`11 is the perfect male height.Even 181cm.Whats everyone elses?
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 136

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:02:38 AM »

6'4 is the perfect male height in my opinion. You're big enough to really stand out but you're still statistically relevant and most countries consider you in their planning (buildings, transportation, etc.)
GrownGrowth
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:59:55 AM »

6'4 is the perfect male height in my opinion. You're big enough to really stand out but you're still statistically relevant and most countries consider you in their planning (buildings, transportation, etc.)

Agreed. 6'-6'4. I think 6'4 is the tallest efficient height.

Spyro
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Saving money for the Op. :-)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:01 AM »

6'2"

MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1035

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »

6'0"

Anyone who has been in an old people's home knows that the taller chaps are the ones that often have the biggest problems later on with their back, necks and spines.

Anything over 6'0 is a waste in my opinion, but I'm going to 6'1" just to make sure that I get my money's worth Smiley

Ocean
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 20

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »

I have to say between 6.2 - 6.4 But even a couple of inches taller than that is also ok. On the other hand though, I think it depends on the person - if you normally in other ways just wants to blend in, I'm not so sure you would be comfortable with being a head above most crowds either.
grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:54:37 PM »

A well proportioned and athletic 5'9.5 - 5'11 (177-180cm) is in my opinion a perfect height to be. But anything between 5'9 (but not lower though..) and 6 feet is a great height to stand not to worry about it. I don't consider it such a good thing that the younger generation consists of a lot of 6'2-6'6 guys. There is a limit you know, it's not about being the tallest in the room..
goman
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »

Sports may not be a big interest for many LL'ers or hopefuls.  But I doubt sport (e.g. artifacts of survival and competition) isn't a factor for 'Perfect Height'.

I was so amazed when looking at the athletes' stats for the last Olympics.  Usain Bolt was 6'5 (196 cm), and he has the record for the fastest man on earth??!!!!  The women were also giant for many sports.

I agree with MMT, but natural selection (evolution) and biophysics has been pulling some big tricks on what seems to be the perfect height.  One of the American Gold Medalists for Beach Volleyball was 6'9 (206 cm), and that is a difficult sport if you are clumsy from height--just try running on dry sand and you'll understand.

But for answering's sake, I think being able to see over the heads of the majority of people is beneficial [about 5-6 inches (13-15 cm) above average male height].  But for other factors, I guess it depends on how much time needed to eat and sleep (i.e. elephants), and how it affects adaptability.

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 371

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »

Hey Everybody,

I used to think that 6'1" was the ideal male height. I am trying to understand my own feelings on this "Ideal Height" question.
For example: I wanted to be over 6' for a long time. Now that I am 6'2", I have thought about 5cm on the Tibs to reach 6'4".
Now before everyone gets the wrong idea here. I am very, very grateful to be my new height! I also know that I was fortunate to be my initial height. But...I do sometimes think of more.
So, my question is:
Am I being greedy or is the wonderful possibility of this now safe surgery opening new doors?
I have read about Jacks thoughts of a second surgery and MMT's plan for a second procedure.
Are we all addicted?   or   Are we on the cutting edge of personal enrichment and improvement?

Thoughts???

Tall

Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »

Tall, sounds like you got carried away going for 11cm and permanently sacrificed some of your physical ability, why risk making it worse?
Spyro
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »

Hey Everybody,

I used to think that 6'1" was the ideal male height. I am trying to understand my own feelings on this "Ideal Height" question.
For example: I wanted to be over 6' for a long time. Now that I am 6'2", I have thought about 5cm on the Tibs to reach 6'4".
Now before everyone gets the wrong idea here. I am very, very grateful to be my new height! I also know that I was fortunate to be my initial height. But...I do sometimes think of more.
So, my question is:
Am I being greedy or is the wonderful possibility of this now safe surgery opening new doors?
I have read about Jacks thoughts of a second surgery and MMT's plan for a second procedure.
Are we all addicted?   or   Are we on the cutting edge of personal enrichment and improvement?

Thoughts???

Tall
Being 6'2" and wanting more? Grin
You are crazy unless you are from the Dinaric Alps where the average height is 6'1". Grin

Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 371

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

Hey Guys,

I was thinking more of a general question. It seems that if you are 5'7", 6'0", or 6'2" we are still having these thoughts.

Here is one more question:

Is a 5'7" guy more untitled to additional height more than a guy 6'0" and over?
 Grin Grin Grin

Lenny and Spyro: I have now fully recovered (great two months!) and I am American.

God Bless,
Tall

Bo
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »

I think that anywhere from 5'10-6'4 is a great height for a male. 6'2 in my opinion is the perfect height.
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

Lenny and Spyro: I have now fully recovered (great two months!) and I am American.
What's being american got to do with anything? Huh?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 371

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »

Being 6'2" and wanting more? Grin
You are crazy unless you are from the Dinaric Alps where the average height is 6'1". Grin

Lenny:  I was refering to Spyro's quote above Grin
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:23:24 PM by Tall » Logged

PocketRocket
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »

6 ft.

Im only 5'6 and with LL I only want to make 5'8, for the sake of recovery time and proportion. But still 6ft is perfect.

peace

Watch your carbon footprint!
Beijing Here I Come... 2009~!
ajwill
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »

Anything under 5,8 is probably getting noticable. But 6 4, blonde wavey hair piercing blue eyes rippling muscles and hung like a proverbial would not go astray. Cheesy

Ahhh we can all wish!!!

Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 12:31:15 AM »

6 ft.

Im only 5'6 and with LL I only want to make 5'8, for the sake of recovery time and proportion. But still 6ft is perfect.

peace

Smart man  Smiley
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »

Lenny:  I was refering to Spyro's quote above Grin
Oh, gotcha.  Guess I'm crazy too then. Tongue
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 10:53:59 PM »

I think 5'10 is perfect for an asian.  I think its the best height to have a chance at the majority of asian girls.

I don't know.
Here in the U.S., you need to be white to have a chance at the majority of asian girls. Grin

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.