MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce - External Tibias - Doctor Withheld - 2008 - The Diary Of Bruce  (Read 96870 times)
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« on: September 08, 2008, 12:52:16 AM »

Hi everyone,I will departing tomorrow and will be beginning my LL journey.I still have not yet decided on if i will do bow leg correction only or bow leg correction plus LL.The reason i am going through LL is because i believe i did not grow to my full potential due to my early teenage lifestyle (cigarettes,medications,drugs,poor diet) I only started really looking after myself at age 22,But we all know for most people that is too little too late in terms of catch up growth.I also need this surgery to correct my bow legs which have been giving me some slight knee pain,posture problems and also an unnatural feeling when i walk or run,Its not a pain that is very bad but more of an annoyance.I have tried to figure how much i stunted my growth by reading heaps scientific articles online about the subject. My conclusion is that my bow legs make me lose 1.5cm in height and the cigarettes,medications,drugs,poor diet would have at a MINIMUM caused a 2.5cm loss,So i will be doing this for a total gain of 4cm and i will be 180cm tall.By all accounts i am not short at 176cm but going from average to tall with only 4cm is something that i want to do.
Americanpimp
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 61

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:00:18 AM »

Hi, Bruce.  Congradulations on your new journey and looking forward to your experiance.  If I were you I would go ahead and do 5cm and be 5 11 even. 180 is still slightly below 5 11.

Now in the 180cm club!
willythewill
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:07:42 AM »

yo bruce (willis) im in serbia right now...so i might be seeing u
i was actually watching bruce willis sing songs on youtube the other day to cope with excerise
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:52:16 AM »

Hi, Bruce.  Congradulations on your new journey and looking forward to your experiance.  If I were you I would go ahead and do 5cm and be 5 11 even. 180 is still slightly below 5 11.

Thank you Pimp,But ive decided on 180cm for numerous reasons,The first being my wingspan is 177cm and i really dont want to go over it by more than 3cm (With shoes i will be 4cm over wingspan) 2) I have done research regarding growth and 180cm is probably what i would have been closest to had i had a very healthy life growing up. 3) I do not want to be taller than 180cm.In my opinion 180cm is the perfect height for my body and face.
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:54:03 AM »

yo bruce (willis) im in serbia right now...so i might be seeing u
i was actually watching bruce willis sing songs on youtube the other day to cope with excerise

Hope to meet all the people in serbia also Smiley Is bruce willis a good singer ? lol
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »

hey bruce, good luck buddy.  you beat me too it but i will be watching your progress intently as we are close in height (i'm wanting to go from 177 to 183).  the earliest i can get to serbia is post-thanksgiving (late nov/early dec) time frame but i will probably end up putting it back till apr-jun.
goman
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:22:43 PM »

Best wishes on your fantastic journey towards tallerness!!   Cheesy
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »

Ok im now in serbia.I just got to the hospital 10 minutes ago and am sitting in my room lol.I had a big surprise when i opened my bag,I found that my shampoo bottle had leaked all over my clothes.Does anyone here know where i can wash my stuff asap?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:07:11 PM by Bruce » Logged
Bo
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

Hey man, good luck. I will be checking in on you, as I typically visit this site every day. Keep us posted. Also, I think you and I are in similiar boats, as we didnt grow to our full potential. Is there any reason you dont want to go for something like 6-8cm instead of 4?
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:22:32 AM »

Hey man, good luck. I will be checking in on you, as I typically visit this site every day. Keep us posted. Also, I think you and I are in similiar boats, as we didnt grow to our full potential. Is there any reason you dont want to go for something like 6-8cm instead of 4?

Because i am doing this to correct my bow legs first and foremost  (I have trouble running and get on and off pain in my knees)  and because my wingspan is 177cm and i dont want to go over it by alot (3cm will look ok since jack went over by 4cm and still looks fine to me)  Also people seem to forget that 4cm is actually alot when your over 5`9,I know it wouldnt really help a 5`5 or 5`6 person but it is fine for me...Another reason is i dont want to be here too long, I would like to be out of serbia in 5 months with no frames if possible...Only going for 4 cm instead of 6 or 8 has many benefits for me,I think the greedier you are with height the less chance of a full recovery you will make, The max height i want to be is 180cm anyway  (im 176cm standing straight now)  Anything over that will be too tall in my opinion...I should be gaining 1 to 1.5cm just from the bow leg correction so i will only be lengthening another 2.5 to 3 cm to achieve my desired result.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:49:00 AM by Bruce » Logged
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:55:51 AM »

Hey good luck with your journey.
Are you just doing external or ext/int Huh?
Even if you're doing only 3-4cm, I don't think you will be able to leave in 5 months without the frames if you are doing external only.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »

Even if you're doing only 3-4cm, I don't think you will be able to leave in 5 months without the frames if you are doing external only.

Im doing external only..The dr says the average time would be 4 to 5 months..How long did you have in mind? If its going to take too long i will settle for correction only.Bowed got 2cm from the correction when the doctor predicted 1cm,So maybe there is a way i can find out exactly how much i will gain from correction only.If i gain 2cm i will be happy and only do that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 08:26:08 AM by Bruce » Logged
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »

I just got served breakfast, It consists of 1 hardboiled egg,2 pieces of bread,Yogurt and some cheese.The bread and yoghurt were nice  Smiley

Some guy also just brang me a mobile phone so i plugged it in to charge it and around 20 minutes later i hear a big bang and see the phone charger fly out the socket with a huge flash of light.This place sure is worth 1500 euros a month  Roll Eyes Id like to actually move in to my own place here soon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:56:36 AM by Bruce » Logged
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 10:43:49 AM »

Jack mentioned that 5 months is not enough time for externals only.  How much sooner can you go home if you use the frame then have the nail after lengthening?
Lenny
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »

I just got served breakfast, It consists of 1 hardboiled egg,2 pieces of bread,Yogurt and some cheese.The bread and yoghurt were nice  Smiley

Some guy also just brang me a mobile phone so i plugged it in to charge it and around 20 minutes later i hear a big bang and see the phone charger fly out the socket with a huge flash of light.This place sure is worth 1500 euros a month  Roll Eyes Id like to actually move in to my own place here soon.
How soon can you get an apartment? Does everybody have to pay for one month hospital stay?  Wondering how much time you are allowed as part of your operation fee.
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »

How soon can you get an apartment? Does everybody have to pay for one month hospital stay?  Wondering how much time you are allowed as part of your operation fee.
I have no idea yet dude but i can tell you one thing i do know..This hospital is not worth 1500 euros a month...
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »

1500 Euros seems really high!

Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »

1500 Euros seems really high!

Yes it is..I am not paying for anything untill i see Dr Mitkovic..
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 136

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:25 PM »

Good luck with your journey Bruce. And dont worry, it is 1000 euros not 1500 for he hospital stay. Still very high for the less than average service provided there but the whole package is a very good deal. Smiley
Bo
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »

Wow. 5+ months is a long time for 3-4 cm. I was planning on staying 5 months for 6-8 cm. How much difference would there be if you did the external+internal, like Lenny asked?

Damn, sounds like a fire hazard. 1,500 euros a month is straight up ridiculous.

There was also a guy who used to post here named Mr X,He was very helpfull to me and i thank him for everything he did.

What ever happened to Mr. X? He had such a good diary and all of a sudden he disappeared.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:57:31 AM by Bo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.