MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:11:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamee - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2009 - Leg Lengthening in France  (Read 71033 times)
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« on: November 27, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »

Hi everyone, I have date set for Leg Lenghtening in France on January 15, 2009.  I will try and keep everyone updated on the procedure, thus so far I have been required to have a psychological test and cyber muscle testing.  

The plan is to do 10 cm on the femur, Dr. Guichet has said that with my current flexablity I will be lucky to complete 7cm.  So hopefully with the stretching everyday I will be ready for a full 10 cm.  

There is another fellow doing the procedure on the 9 of January, I was curious if any other's will be getting this procedure done as well at the same time?  

Anyone had any bad experiences that I should look out for?

Jamee

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:29:17 AM by SysOp » Logged
Bertrand
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »

Hi Jamee...good luck for your journey!!! Smiley
I'm curious about what kind of exercise you have to do to prepare your body for lengthening!
Can you give more information about your work in gym?
All my best wishes!!!
george1
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »

hey Jamee, its nice to know that your on your way. Im kinda new on this forum, but trying to keep up with everyones diaries. I would like to know if you got a quote from Guichet? and If so how much is he charging? the total cost for the femurs? I know that Betz is charging 42,500 euros and you might need 10-15000 euros for cost of living. Can you please let me know? Thankyou and Good Luck!
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »

hey guys Dr. Betz quotes at 42000 euros but the actual bill is more like 42500 euros.  Dr. Guichet is more flexable and will charge you based on the time when your getting the procedure done and he is concern more about your financial capabilities.  I have heard of individuals paying as low as 29 Euros for the procedure but it's all individual.  But kept in mind the hospital charges these Doctor's a lot of money to proform the procedures.  So you'll need to budget a lot of money for this procedure.

As for the exercising it's important that you have a fair amount of muscle mass that can handle the lengthening process-so this means serious with training for most girls-or skinny guys. The second prep is stretching it's crucial that you are able to have very good flexibility.  I have heard of several people being turn down because they had too little muscle.

I should be moving out to Marseilles just after Christmas, my legs are hurting every day from trying to get them flexible enough to have max. result.  I am going for 8.5 to 10 cm.

I can not wait for the operation...
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »

44 days until surgery:

Another day of hard stretching, it feels like my legs are getting tighter not more flexible.  I have 44 days to become flexible enough to do 10 cm.  The cost of the operation is unbelievable but I think that it's worth it.  I have always felt like I had to settle due to my height, everyone is always taller and it is totally annoying when I was over in Germany and France talking with guys that had just completed the procedure the smiles on their faces was amazing, they look so good.  And they seemed to have a smile ear to ear, and a lot of confidence.  They mentioned little things that you just get used to being shorter than normal, like having to always wear shoes with some kind of extra lifts and feeling uncomfortable in flip flops.  I mean these guys started off shorter then I am now around 5.4 and one of them had lower leg and upper leg operation and now is one guy is around 5,10 which is amazing although his arms looked a little shorter.  But seriously most people could never tell, I was just looking for inconsistency about his appearance. 

The other thing that I found odd was that most of LL elected not to tell any family or friends that they were having this operation.  Interestingly, they all claimed that most people that saw them after the procedure thought they had lost weight not really noticing that they have just grown 7 to 10 cm.  Personally, I have elected to discuss this operation with some of my closest friends and family just to see what their opinions were.  I was surprised how many people actually viewed me as a short good looking guy, whereas this kind of operation would make a huge difference in my overall appearance.  I was completely encourage-but being a Canadian we do usually see this kind of procedure in this country so everyone has no way of coming to terms with the outcome.

I am looking forward to the finished outcome of  this procedure-I am focused on walking by a girl I used to date who was 2 inches taller than me, and seeing her reaction when I am 2 inches taller than her.  When I first started this idea which came forth into research which within 6 month actually became a reality.  I thought more about her in more then anyone else.  Now I donít care as much about her, but I think people in general base their opinion on you by way you look rather than the way you are.  I heard off commits from others that the fact that she was a little taller meant for some stupid reason that we shouldn't be together.  At times I felt like I was fighting an impossible battle that I was bound to lose eventually.

That wasn't the first time something like that had happened, and to be completely honest, I feel tall on the inside and most of the time I do not notice that I am shorter than other people but seemingly there is a perception out there.  I do not mean to sound like I am completely insecure about this, most people I know look at me as a confident, successful individual-these are just inner thoughts about height which most people don't know.

I would like to talk about it, to see if anyone else experiences some of these same experiences?  We live in a tall world-if you check out blogs on the internet about the new James Bond Daniel Craig fans actually comment on D. Craig being too short at 5,10 to play bond.  I was actually noticing he was wearing lift shoes throughout the film.  Go figure we donít have a taller world.  Itís just the way it is, I know of a few celebrity friends that actually only hang out with shorter guys/girls because theyíre shorter.  I guess they donít want to feel short around people.

So this is world's view, if everyone was under 5,6 like they were 100 years ago we would all appear normal and feel completely fine.  I am curious about the future as nutrition get's better and better and the average height increases again. 

More importantly I cannot even imagine being 5, 10 it's been a dream for so long-I cannot wait to add I think I am still going to wear 3 inch hidden lift shoes...  As I walk as tall guy I will let you all know what the effects are like.   I pray it will happen, I really hope my legs can handle the stretching. 

But for now I have to focus on the pain of this operation, guys like Geheimes let you know all too well how bad it is.  He sounds more encourage now that he's taller but the pain he depicts is very scary.

Hope all this information helps, thanks for ready and responding to my posts.
blackeyedpablo
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »

Hey man!! Great to hear from someone whos going to Marseille, I wish you the best of lucks and will be keeping up with your diary.

Also, you probably had a bit of trouble trying to find pictures from Guichet's patients since many patients seem reluctant to share pictures with the community (understandable sure,  but sad) so I was wondering if you could please (begging) share some nice photos, i mean... without revealing your identity Smiley Anyway, youve done already too much for me by starting a diary so thanks man!!! i really apreciate (right now im saving money, eventualy ill start my own).
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 12:48:46 AM »

Welcome and good luck!

Cheers,

MMT

Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:52:13 AM »

hey guys for sure I'll provide pictures.  The biggest problem I am having right now is getting my flexability better..
chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »

Hi Jamee,

Good luck on your upcoming LL op!  I have read Guichet's information, and his preparation for the op seems pretty extensive.

I read on his site that he requires patients to give their own blood twice before the surgery.  Is he having you do that?  Also, you want 10 cm, but he thinks you might go 7 cm--who determines the final outcome more, you or him?

I know that like some of the U.S. doctors, he requires a psychologist evaluation.  What does it consist of?  Tests and an interview?  Do you know which tests he uses?  What type of person is he having you see--a psychologist or a psychiatrist?  Will they share the results with you?

You will be the first person on this site having LL with Dr. Guichet, and I am really looking forward to hearing about your experiences and how it all goes for you.  Also, what are you having done, femurs or tibias?  Keep us all posted! 

China
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:11 AM »

Dr. Guichet doesn't require giving blood pre opt any more.  But he is very concern about prep and training during the lengthening, what I found unique about him was his concern for your ability to walk during and after the procedure.  I was quite surprised to see a couple of lengthening patients just walking around while they were lengthening.

I should be back in Marseille by Next week, my original trip was cancelled but I was able to purchase another ticket and should arrive on the 7th of January my surgery date is now set for the 14th of January.  I will do my best to keep everyone informed of my progress.  The cost and the time of this operation is the most on my mind these days.  Especially with the Euro increasing in power on the world currency market.

My flexibility sucks I can not even touch my toes, I hope this isn't a real problem during the lengthen phase.  I have spend some time researching nerve problems and most of the information says that you'll be in major pain before the nerves go numb then snap causing complete paralysis.

There is a couple of us getting this procedure done at the same time in Marsielle, if anyone is going to be there during 2009 let me know.
chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »

Hi Jamee,

I am relieved to hear that Dr. Guichet doesn't require the two blood donations before the surgery anymore.  That sounded pretty awful, plus it would require two visits to Marseilles ahead of the operation.

The psychological assessment is still a huge concern.  His site says that he requires it.  Is this still the case?  Or is it more optional, in case he opts for it, like Dr. Betz is currently doing?  Requiring it again requires a previsit there, as well as lots of expense.  Also, who wants to tell someone why they want to be taller?  I wouldn't want someone to judge me because I would like to be taller than 5'.  An optional psych. exam I can understand; a mandatory one, not at all.

With you being the first on these boards to go with Dr. Guichet, I am really happy that you have decided to share your experiences here.  Your surgery is less than two weeks away!  What a great start to 2009!

China
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »

The psychological assessment is still a huge concern.  His site says that he requires it.  Is this still the case?  Or is it more optional, in case he opts for it, like Dr. Betz is currently doing?  Requiring it again requires a previsit there, as well as lots of expense.  Also, who wants to tell someone why they want to be taller?  I wouldn't want someone to judge me because I would like to be taller than 5'.  An optional psych. exam I can understand; a mandatory one, not at all.

The psychological assessment is a VERY important part of the procedure; LL is physically and mentally demanding, and the surgeons have to be certain that candidates have what it takes to succeed, particularly with the approach taken by Betz and Guichet as they only observe you for a few days.

Dr. Mitkovic will refer any patients that he has concerns about, and even in Beijing they do a subjective analysis based on Dr. Ronne's thoughts - I've even advised on a couple of them myself.

The evaluation for your protection - it is not something to be avoided Wink

Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »

Why do the operation.

Good point, the psychological evaluation is not really a big deal.  The largest thing that the psychologist is concern about is depression and the reason why you are doing the operation.  For example someone might want to do the operation for a partner to love them more.  This would be a mistake, if you are considering leg lengthening; you should be doing it for yourself and no one else.  The psychological test is important because when you are under the pain of the process you can become a risk for suicide.  Although, suicide has not been reported with regards to Leg lengthening, it has been reported with sex changes as well as some cosmetic surgeries.
In any major operation whereas a profound change of your body appears and there is no going back after the procedure takes places.   There can be major depression, you can see this through other LL posts, during the process-thankfully all of them have gotten through it.  So it is important to understand your risk and prepare for the pain. 
Moreover the psychological evaluation is not a big deal, the operation is.  Also, you might want to consider that you life will not be any better when you are taller-that can also cause some heart ache.  So just be sure that you are doing this for cosmetic reasons. 
We seem to be a creature of our environment; how people treat us can affect our actions towards them.  Will being taller change the way people communicate and response to us?  Perhaps, some former LL could answer that question.  I could see someone getting LL where they couldnít drive a call properly because of their height, but as for someone like me who just wants to be average height I will be curious about the changes it makes in my public perception.   I found that when I had my braces removed I smiled a lot more, I would wonder if I will buy cooler clothes because jeans will fit better? 

Thank you for all the encouragement, I have stopped all my alcohol consumption and started drinking more water to prepare my body for this process.  The stretching still hurts-but I am guessing itís only a tenth of the pain I am going to go through with the LL operation.

Jamee
Goforit
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »

Hi Jamee,

I would like to ask you if Dr.Guichet has already mentioned something about the new Albizzia nail that should be able to carry the full body weight, and thus to be able to walk also during the lengthening phase.

Can you ask him about it?

Thanks.

Lako
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »

Hi Lako, Dr Guichet places the device in the correct way it was designed, so therefore you can do full weight bearing just after surgery.  Dr. betz likes to insert the bolts at angle this can cause risks of nail bending also limits the weight you can place on the legs.  But the angle Dr. betz uses also doesn't reduce any height after the removal of the rods and also provides less scaring.  So you have two different options-less scaring/limited height loss after removal or Dr. Guichet method of full weight bearing more scaring/possible loss of a little height upon removal.  Remember both of these physicans are best in world and both methods work well. 

Dr. Guichet said that the new device he is designing is for smaller people (below 4 feet tall) and arm applications.

Blessings,

Jamee
chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 04:17:09 PM »

Hi Jamee,

Thanks for the reply.  You have raised some topics I would like to discuss, but for now I will just stick with the one I first brought up, the psych. exam.

Dr. Guichet's site says he requires it.  He is not alone in this; Dr. Dror Paley of Baltimore, MD requires one.  Dr. Paley's also costs something like $2300 (when I checked his site; I would have to go back to verify this now).  If you "flunk" it, that's it.  I would also be willing to bet that the person giving the test is "normal" height, and has no idea what it is really like to be short.  That would be enough to keep me from seeing him, ever!

First off, was it indeed required?  Or was it optional?  If it was required, did you see his own person, or did you have to go and find somebody yourself?  What were the person's credentials?  I.e., psychologist; psychiatrist; social worker?

How much did it cost?  Or if it is part of his pretest consultation, was it included in the price of that?  My guess is that it is separate, as at the initial consultation, you wouldn't even know if you might be doing LL.  But I don't know for sure.

How long did it take?  What did it consist of?  If it was a battery of tests, do you know what they were?  Did you talk to someone at the end of a period of testing?  Or did the exam just consist of talking to someone and nothing else?  Did it seem very formal, or more casual, when you did this? 

How were the results presented to you?  Were you just told by Dr. Guichet later that you "passed," or did the person who gave it to you later get back to you with the results?  If there were actual tests, did you get feedback on the test results as to how you did and what the tests showed?  Did you get a written report of your overall outcome? 

I am interested in LL, and am thinking about Dr. Guichet or Dr. Betz.  Either sounds like they would do a wonderful job; they certainly are the best in the world with the Albizzia nails.  I would, however, be very apprehensive about undergoing a formal psych. evaluation.  Any information you could provide would be helpful, since you are the only person on these boards who has done this.  Thanks.

China
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:24:40 PM by chinagirlfl1991 » Logged
Chump
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »

Seeing the shrink is not a test it is a simple consultation so that they can confirm that you are not a raving loony! With Guichet and Betz being respectable surgeons it is compulsory in order to cover their backs in case you decide to go mental and try to pull the nails out your legs. It takes one hour of your time, it cost me £200 GBP and he was referred to me by Dr Guichet. There are a lot of necessary procedures that you have to go through before undertaking LL and this is about the smallest of them.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

I am interested in LL, and am thinking about Dr. Guichet or Dr. Betz.  Either sounds like they would do a wonderful job; they certainly are the best in the world with the Albizzia nails.  I would, however, be very apprehensive about undergoing a formal psych. evaluation.  Any information you could provide would be helpful, since you are the only person on these boards who has done this.  Thanks.

China,

Why exactly are you worried about the psych evaluation? Do you have some experience of them?

If you are suffering from depression, or have a history of mental illness, then you may find it hard to pass the evaluation, and LL is not something that you should consider now anyway - you need to be sound of mind and body.

If you haven't had any mental health problems in the past, then don't worry! A normal, healthy adult with no issues will have NO problem with a basic psychological evaluation Smiley

chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »

Hi MMT,

Having spent years being the one who gives the psych. evaluations, and knowing lots of psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers, I would not want to be on the receiving end of any of it!

For instance, I am licensed in two states, and Maryland happens to be one of them.  I am fully qualified to be the one who gives the $2300 evaluations for Dr. Paley in Baltimore.  No way would I want to take it, though!

I guess I just know too darn much about how they work, and the tests, and how the person giving the tests can interpret the results, and how the interview portion works, to ever want to be in that other chair.  I have also coached people who need to take these evaluations, about what they need to say to pass them.   Every person who has come to me for coaching is apprehensive about the testing.  I would be, too.  I am always glad to hear later that they passed.

If you want to chat more about this, PM me or start a new thread about it.  For now, I'll just wait to see what others who have taken Dr. Guichet's tests say about it, and decide from there what I want to do.   

China
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:06:36 AM by chinagirlfl1991 » Logged
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »

You have coached people on how to get through interviews with psychologists? Yet you are worried about seeing a psychologist pre LL treatment? Something doesn't add up here.If you are truly the "expert" in this field you say you are,then you would know as long as you are not insane you would pass with flying colors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.