MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamee - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2009 - Leg Lengthening in France  (Read 71085 times)
chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »

Hi Bruce,

I really don't want to discuss this too much in someone else's diary, so I'll just be brief here. 

In coaching someone to pass a psych exam, you need to know what the examiner is looking for.  For instance, I have studied the parts of Dr. Guichet's page about the psych exam, and Dr. Paley's information about it.  They are seeking different things in what they see as good candidates.  What you tell one would not necessarily be the same thing as what would help you with the other one.

Thus, one says that they want to see that you only want "some centimeters"--but not that being short has impacted you negatively in any way.  If that is the case, they tell you to seek counseling, not LL.  The other wants to see if being short has negatively affected your life.  If so, would being taller help it?  Thus, what they see as being their ideal candidates is somewhat different.  So what might help you "pass" one exam might not be helpful in the other.  That is what I am getting at here.

I can't start threads, but I think you can.  If you want more info, just PM me or start a thread on it.  I'd be glad to be helpful in any way about it, just as you are being super-helpful to others in your own diary (which I have read, and follow daily). 

China
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 11:39:08 PM »

I think that you will find that you can start threads by now - you probably haven't tried?

But I don't think that psych evaluations are a big deal, or of much concern - the only people I have known to fail them are people who clearly shouldn't have been doing LL  Wink

Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:44 AM »

Hi everyone, I am really enjoying living Marseille's have a beautiful apartment high speed internet.  I feel really confident with Dr. Guichet, he has me on several prepping medication and I have to go return to Paris on Sunday to have Cyber testing (some crazy soft tissue testing).

The weather has completely improve the palm trees are out, it looks amazing-I think today I'll go buy a stationary workout bike and get a French bank account, I don't think it's really hit me yet that I am going to be growing in less than 6 days.  There is a guy here that's 56 getting the procedure, he actually has an easier time because the bone does consulates as quickly at his ages so he can lengthen more slowly, puts less pressure on soft tissue to adapt.   I must be weird because I am the only guy that discussed this with my friends and some of my family all the other guys here didn't tell anyone.!?!  I find that  odd, I was curious how the psychologist past some of these guys to get this procedure.   It was one of the first questions I was asked by the psychologist.  I don't think this will fix my life in fact it's makes it hard/pain loss of income even some of my friends (because they think I've completely lost it). 

But regardless, you'll have to let me know if this changes me in some way.  Because I really like who I am I just feel that I am too short and would like to know how it feels to be taller than a possible girlfriend to look normal or decent in a suit.  To not have people make those side comments that I am short, I am tired of all that.

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragements, I hope that some of you will be here getting your dreams fulfilled as well..

badman
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »

hi jamee,
  Hope your operation goes off really well.I know the operation costs 29000 euros.What about the other expenditures like rent,food,physio&medicines(including the stationary bicycle u mentioned & crutches)?I would be glad if u could answer all these questions.

thanks in advance
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »

Hi Badman, I was actually mistaken-the cost is 34,000 plus 1000 euros in x rays/meds
then you need to spend 3000 per month 100 euros for the gym membership.

the who thing is going to cost around 47000 Euros accomidation included.

I hope that helps
badman
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »

hi jamee,
             Thanks a lot for your reply.From your previous posts i have come to know that you are a Canadian.So for how long will you be staying in france post surgery?If i plan to stay in france for 4 months after the operation, how much will the total cost be?Im asking you these questions in order to compare dr betz n dr guichet's costs.Hope you get the results you desire.I will follow your diary with great interest.

cheers mate
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »

Marseille is a much better city then the small down that Betz is in.  There is so many places to stay and things to do, plus french food is better then german-I'll post some pictures of my place-it's amazing with a view high speed internet and weekly cleaning.  For only 1000 euros per month.  But I found loads of place for 300 Euros a month as well.  I just wanted to be within a block of the mall, bars and gym.  There are two of us getting the procedure done within a week of each other my buddy just had his surgery yesterday so I am going over to hosipital to visit.

Cheers,
Jamee
Ciao
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 01:27:03 PM »

interesting diary ... are you speaking french or do you use english everywhere in Marseille ? Because from what I heard the french don't speak english a lot. Is that true ?

Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:27 PM »

Bonjour... yes... Almost everyone here speaks some english, so no worries there.   I am putting together a package that Dr. Guichet will give out to clients wanting a consultation.  It should help out in finding your way around.

LISA _SWE
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »

HI.
I want just to say good luck.
I hope everything goes well whith LL. Wink
For me it have been 6 month since i finishd the LL..
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »

HI.
I want just to say good luck.
I hope everything goes well whith LL. Wink
For me it have been 6 month since i finishd the LL..

Hey! Good to hear from you - hope that you are doing well after your Beijing adventure, Lisa Smiley

LISA _SWE
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

Hi thanks MMT
my recovery   is not going sow well i dont  why but my left legh was doing sow well and it was sow strong since 10 day i have sow much pain i cane note put down my foot  it is hurting sow much at my knee and it is swollen i hope thet my screws are note broken.
before thet i was walking whith one crutch, the doctors her was taking x-ray every month to see how it goes whith bone groth..sow i need to go to the docter tomorow for check up..bye
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »

Procedure for Dr. Guichet:

1. Contacting Dr. Guichet takes up to 2 weeks after you have sent an email.  Be patient, use the website and leave a phone messaged and send an email.  It will take around 14 days for Dr. Guichet to get back to you.  Dr. Guichet as the inventor the device he takes this procedure very serious and he spends all his time with the limited amount of patients because he is very focused on the success of every patients.  He also contacts you directly, so it takes more time.  Dr. Betz assistants contact you almost immediately-but when it comes to Dr. Guichet it's direct contact.
For Guichet this is not a money making procedure itís development of this process to help people live better lives.
So be patient if you are trying to get a hold Guichet.

2. Once you meet with Guichet, you will be measured, flexibility tested and consulted.  You are also required to pay 300 Euros cash for this consultation.  You may be asked to take X-rays which can cost another 200 Euros.

3. I was originally going to have the procedure done with Dr. Betz, but I changed my mind at the last minute just because Dr. Betz was more expensive just a few more Euros.  Secondly, I was concerned about soft tissue damage Dr. Guichet is very concerned about soft tissue.  His patients looked a lot more stronger and where able to walk better after the procedure.

4. Youíll need to have a lot of muscle mass on legs to handle the procedure plus flexibility.  Itís important if you going to do LL touch your toes comfortably and doing the splits helps a lot too.

5.  If you do not have a min. of $50,000 Euros saved up forget about doing LL in Germany or France-you are just going to waste your time and effort booking consultations and seeing these guys.  France and Germany is very expensive and there is no way to do this procedure with these guys on the cheap side.  Period, you believe itís going to take you 2 years to save enough money then contact the doctors when you have enough money to do the procedure.

6.  Once you have enough money, book a consultation obtain your requirements for the procedure and get a surgery date. 

Goforit
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »

Hi Jamee,

do patients of Dr.Guichet walk after the operation without the crutches?

Is not Marseille more expensive than German small city?
ido855
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »

Hi Jamee,

Thanks very much for the information.
I have another question - How does Dr. Guichet test the patient's flexibility and muscle mass? Did he share with you his criterion? I am asking that because I have already started to exercise and I want to know what my goals should be so Dr. Guichet will agree to max length (10 cm).

For example, if pateint succeed to touch his foot fingers while his leg are straight - is it considered flexible? I will appreciate if you give more details about these tests...
Thanks. Ido
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »

hi guys, there are more places to stay in marseille so you will save some money vs. Germany.  Flexibility will effect how much you can lenghten but don't worry it's not the only factor.   Yes I have some wonderful photos of Chump that just had surgery last week... If someone would tell me how to post pictures probably I would do it.  Anyhow, no bruising unlike Dr. Betz... My surgery is in 3 days yes I am so scared...  But I'll let you know if I have any bruising.  Secondly, you can walk and are expect to ride the excerises bike 1 day after your operatioin.  Beside your legs are a little swollen and a couple of bandaids Chump looks like he hasn't even had a real surgery. 

Goforit
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »

But you can really walk without crutches if you have Albizzia done by Dr.Guichet?

I also did not understand how you can loose your height after removing Albizzia nail when you do it with Dr.Guichet.
bba
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 12:18:06 AM »

Jamee,

How is the assistance after operation by Dr Guichet?

Are you going to a place to do phisio or they will go to your place?

How many days youl'll be in hospital?

good luck on everything

regards

BBA
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

We are not going to do any physio just go to the gym and work out.  surgery is only in 2 days ekk... Chump out of the Hospital and in good spirits.

cute-bald
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »

Jamee ... Mike here from Toronto Canada. I will be following your diary in great interest. I too am interested in France because sounds like better technitian operating on you & thus outcome. I also feel ,considering the proceedure ,it is wise not to make expense the first priority. Looking to go from 5'4.5" to 5'9". Looking to go 1 to 1.5 years from now. I can stand on 4" pile of books & touch the ground ( past toes) with fingers. Doing a bunch of streching exercises. For anyone expect 1 year time of streching to gain good progress on flexability. All the best.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.