MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:22:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamee - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2009 - Leg Lengthening in France  (Read 71084 times)
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »

also, how did you guys get enough painkillers for the entire lengthening period? Do you sneak that stuff past airport security?

What about physical therapy after. . . how exactly did you hire somebody, if you did?

also, Xrays. . . . best done before you arrive? was this covered by insurance? if so how?

thanks!

BME extraordinaire
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »

ah, yes.  I talked to guiche, he said I could leave

on another note, what exactly are his reasons against 10cm? If i can only do 6-7, i may just go to germany instead. . .

Guichet doesn't have anything against 10cm. if he told you that you can't do 10cm, it just means that you are not in the physical condition to do so, regarding your flexebility and/or strength. there are many paitients that did 10cm with Guichet, such as Ryzerman from the board. Guichet cares about your medical condition during lengthening and recovery and he can determine how much you can length during a physical test. if you want to do 10cm and Guichet says that you can't, I suggest you to start stretching and training instead of going to other places and have a physical condition of a cripple.
If you have another condition that prevents you from doing 10cm that you haven't mentioned above, then forget about what I wrote. it's very easy to go and have the surgery, but you will have to deal with the results afterwards.
Personally, I want to be as close to 100% after LL as possible, and I'm working very hard in my preparation in order to achieve that.
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »

ah.  the reason i ask is because I am a rather accomplished athlete, but dont know how much flexibility i have.  However, I am well aware that I can manipulate my body however needed.  Just a thought.

BME extraordinaire
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »

Hi Jamee! Let me ask you, did you have any problem with visa if you stayed there more than 3 monts? Did you go just as tourist? And about payment, was it actually by paypal? Or does he accept other ways?
Thank you.
Fruition
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:57 AM »

Quote from: around7 link=topic=1599. msg42055#msg42055 date=1297650464
Hi Jamee! Let me ask you, did you have any problem with visa if you stayed there more than 3 monts? Did you go just as tourist? And about payment, was it actually by paypal? Or does he accept other ways?
Thank you. 

Good question! That's exactly what I've been trying to ask Dr.  Guichet through leglengtheningclinic. com--they have been getting back to me about consultation but they are not replying about the visa matters as of yet.  I know that for France, the visa expires after 90 days or something like that, so I was also concerned about that as well.

around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2011, 02:05:38 AM »

Yes the same is happening to me, they only say to pay for consultation and then all other questios will be answered. . .  A little boring for who comes from other countries, because we need more details as it is not that simple to leave your country for some months.
CuriousAbtLL
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Much appreciation Jamee for making and posting your highly informative video.   I for one was highly impressed with the range of motion accomplished.   
deflector
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »

About 7,

1\ What happens is that you go to your bank and you say I want to make a "telegraphic transfer'
they give you a form to fill out, provided the amount you want to send is less than your account
balance. . .  BOOM/SHANKA. .  they send it , less their fee (of course)

2\ Recent quote I had from M. Guichet was 44k€, quite a lot included for that though vitamins,
4 days in hospital, 2 months meds, 1 month at Calypso and personal visits once-a-week.
He wants 3000€ in advance though??

3\ I already decided to go with Betz.  I do a lot of business with German companies. 
I like the stability, and the "no surprises" approach.

adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

Anybody going or currently at France doing the ops in June?

keep going
david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »

Hi, I'm planning to do the op with Dr. Guichet next February. I already went through the first Cybex test and Psychiatrist evaluation. At what stage are you?

David

adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2011, 09:39:46 AM »

probably earlier than u.   I realised that I cant reply to pm.   Is it because of my status?  Huh?

keep going
david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »

adidas2011, I tried to PM you but it says that your inbox is full and it is not possible to send you messages. Try to clean it first.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

Does anyone knows if Guichet is using a titaniun nail? And just after lengthening, does this nail allows you full weight bearing without crutches? I know this is the promise, but what is the reality? Because if it is true, it would be much better than the nail used by Betz, because with him you will need crutches for almost the entire consolidation time.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »

Around7, Dr. Guichet does not use a titanium nail. Patients are advised to allow their bones to consolidate with the nail they used for lengthening. Dr. Betz provides the option of patients having a fixed titanium nail replace their internal nails after they are done lengthening. This is an additional cost, and most patients do not do it.

The Albizzia nail was invented by Dr. Guichet and both the new Guichet Nail and the new Betz Nail are newer versions of it that are full weight bearing. I've personally seen people walking without crutches while lengthening with each device. The nails can handle all of the weight of a patient, but the screws that hold the nails in place put a lot of stress on the bones that they are screwed into. If you read the diary of Jay7, you will find a perfect example of this. He spent most of his lengthening walking without crutches, and then broke his femur bone at the lower screw because it had taken too much stress. The new Guichet Nail and the new Betz Nail both allow you to stop using your crutches before you are done lengthening, but it is recommended by both doctors that you be very careful when walking without crutches before you have reached a certain level of consolidation.

I would not recommend walking without crutches while lengthening with any internal device. Let the crutches do their job, and as soon as there is enough callus formed in your bone gap you can lay the crutches down.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:09:18 AM by SysOp » Logged
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »

Most people tell me that increasing my height is weird.  I believe if we are so critical about it, then why wear glasses?  Why get braces, be happy with your bad teeth, and why dye your hair go natural.  To what level does the world approve our own decision?  Have they walked at our height?  Do they know how hard it was to buy normal clothes and look good without having a tailor made suit?  I can now just buy a pair of jeans off the rack.  Imagine that!?!  Even better how humiliating it was to meet a girl on line and hit it off but when you meet for the first time realize that she doesn’t like you because she’s taller!?!

Jamee

That's so true. That's how I told my parents when I said I would do LL. My dad even didn't like me to get braces. Sometimes natural is not very attractive because something odd happens for some reason. And today the society always put beauty and the look of a person over many other attributes of a person. If human can change so many things in the world and have so many new ideas every day, why can't we just make ourselves taller if there is a possible method?
ThomasTampa
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »

Jay7 broke his femur with the Albizzia nail.   This is written in his diary where he states that he has the new Guichet nail in his broken leg and the old Albizzia nail in the other.   The new nails that Dr.  Guichet and Dr.  Betz use (Dr.  Betz website does not have this info as of yet) are built to handle most patients full weight without crutches.   It is the doctors decision whether or not the patient needs the assistance of crutches and the limitations of their activity. 
ThomasTampa
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »

SysOp- This forum is at its best when medical opinions are left to those who spent most of their adult life performing these operations and inventing or perfecting the nails that are being implanted.   Around7- Listen to your doctor and pay attention to your body.   Blanket statements like I wouldn't walk without crutches during lengthening by a layman is ridiculous!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »

ThomasTampa, I believe it is always a mistake to walk without crutches while lengthening with an internal nail. It would not have made a difference which nail Jay had in his leg, his nail malfunctioning is not what broke his leg, his break happened at the point the lower screws went through his leg. I think it's fair for those of us with personal knowledge of internal nails to express our opinions about them. I was not there to see exactly what Jay7 did to break his leg, but I have heard from patients of Dr. Guichet who were there that  Jay7 was not careful while walking without crutches, and did some things that he clearly should not have done. Jay thought his bones were strong enough to be walked on without the use of crutches. Clearly they were not.

I strongly believe that no one should walk without crutches while lengthening with internal rods until there is enough callus formation for the bone to take some of the stress off of the rods. Feel free to disagree with me, I may not be a doctor, but I have lived with lengthening nails inside my body and I have personal experience with many others who also lengthened this way. I speak from experience. You are right about one thing, it is important to listen to your body, but the body can be deceiving - it can feel stronger than it is. This was definitely the case with Jay.
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »

Hmm. . .  I am starting to have some of the LL-warriors before me.  It seems rather surreal.  Anyone currently in Calpyso?

keep going
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »

Hmm. . .  I am starting to have some of the LL-warriors before me.  It seems rather surreal.  Anyone currently in Calpyso?

Hi man!
are u in france? are u going to do with guichet?
what have u seen there about the pacients? are they really walking without crutches day after op. ?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.