MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 10:39:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamee - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2009 - Leg Lengthening in France  (Read 71082 times)
david_uk
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »

Hi Jamee, I'm currently in physical preparations mode and planning to get it done February 2012. When you have a minute could you share your experience and knowledge about the exact exercises and routine that you followed before the op etc. I found some information about the preparations on this forum but it is all very general and not specific. Personally I believe it is a very important part of the whole process and it is very surprising to me that it is not covered very thoroughly on this forum.

David 
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

Nope.  Not there yet . .

keep going
adidas2011
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:10 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am not sure whether it is appropriate to post messages about my own experience here in Jamee's diary.  I will do this for the time being until I have figured out how to start my own diary/thread.  I have read the FAQ and maybe I am really not savvy but I cant find the answer to start a diary.  My apologies about that.  The reason I am posting is because this site has been very instrumental in helping me to embark on this journey and I want to see if I can do my part too in assisting future LL dream seekers.  (esp Jay's and Jamee as they are the only two persons with extensive diary with Dr Guichet)  Currently, I am at ResidHotel until 1st June before I transfer over to Calpyso.  The reason is because they are fully booked at the moment and the next available day is on 1st June.  The stay from 28th to 1st June is around euro 284.  I am not sure whether it is a good price but it seems reasonable to me.  The time over here in Marseilles is 12. 30pm.  I am waiting in my room for my taxi driver at 2. 30pm before I would be driven to take my first X-ray with Dr Guichet at Centre Imagerie.  I am feeling calm while at the same time a little anxious.  I guess this will probably be the general state of mind and being for the coming few months of the journey.  I will be glad to post my own personal experience here.  Please do not get mad or upset if I do not reply to all your personal questions. 

keep going
lwdc123
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2011, 06:33:19 AM »

Hi,
why would you lose any length having the nails removed a year after your bones consolidated/healed/calcified/strengthened?

makes no sense

Larry

around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »

Hi,
why would you lose any length having the nails removed a year after your bones consolidated/healed/calcified/strengthened?

makes no sense

Larry

who told this?
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »

Life after removal - Hope everyone is doing well, I've had my rods out since Christmas and now I can run and cycle the same as I was before.  I have been thinking about doing my lower legs going to 6 Feet would be interesting.  But to answer the question about lose of height.  The answer is no.  I am the exact same height pre-rod removal.

Jamee
Arche
MMT Adviser

Credibility 26

« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »

Good job my man! You're truly an inspiration. I am itching to get my LL done. I feel like my height is something that's been bugging me for a really long time -- all day, every day. I am not a terrible height to start out with being 5'6.5". But having a chance to be a solid average for a white person. (5'9") and above average by about an inch and a half for a south asian person, is really exciting. I cannot wait to have my surgery, and it's because of people like you who made these diaries, that I too can take the plunge.

'"There is evil in your bones, Equality 7-2521, for your body has grown beyond the bodies of your brothers." But we cannot change our bones nor our body.' - Anthem, by Ayn Rand.
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2011, 04:11:10 AM »

Life after removal - Hope everyone is doing well, I've had my rods out since Christmas and now I can run and cycle the same as I was before.  I have been thinking about doing my lower legs going to 6 Feet would be interesting.  But to answer the question about lose of height.  The answer is no.  I am the exact same height pre-rod removal.

Jamee

Holy f'n shi* --talk about back from the dead --good to hear everything went well.
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »

Hi Jamee,
Great to hear from you... I had my surgery done and now on consolidation phase. About your experience, tell me, Did your final height grow the same amount as your GAP (lengthening) or it is about 1cm or 0,5 cm less? I mean if you had a 7cm GAP, are you exactly 7cm taller or just 6 or 6,5cm?
hiht
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

I'm interested on what you ask too, but i don't think you can lose heigh after removal the nail, (i hope so because i plan to do this operation)
around7
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 16

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:21 AM »

I'm interested on what you ask too, but i don't think you can lose heigh after removal the nail, (i hope so because i plan to do this operation)

No my question is not about after removing the nail. Removing the nail doesn´t make you shorter. I am asking about the gain you have on your height after lengthening. Is this gain exactly the size of the GAP or less than it?
Jamee
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 138

« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »

Hello everyone:)

After the Rods are removed - your height stay exactly the same.  I actually found out that I grew 7.5 cm - my miscalculation could have been during the lengthening process.  But no you do not lose any height.  

Really like reading everyone posts, it's great to have a open community like this to share stories.

Jamee
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.