MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:20:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NoMoreLifts - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - NoMoreLifts Beijing diary  (Read 44952 times)
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« on: January 09, 2009, 02:34:04 AM »

Hi guys. Just a quick update on my situation. I arrived Beijing on the 5th and went through all the formalities (contract signing, taking measurements, shaving my legs, etc.). Underwent the surgery on the 7th and am now on my third day. So far so good (knock on wood). I could move my toes and ankle on the first day itself and the doctors seem positively encouraged by this.

Met a couple few of the patients here. They were really nice. MedStudent and ThatGuy seem really cool and pretty fun to hang around with.

I'm still on epiduril right now and the doctors will remove it today. Only then will I know how painful the surgery truly is. Some patients seem to feel no pain at all, some are in terrible shape. Hopefully mine's not too bad.

Just a little more info about me...

Current height: 173 cm
Wingspan: 185 cm
Target lengthening: 8-10 cm

I have since revised my target lengthening to the lower value of 8 cm. This was what Dr. Xia's team of experts recommended. I had initially wanted 10 cm to be able to claim 6 ft as my height but I am revising it to a flexible 8-10 cm target now. Also, the doctors told me that I have severe X-legs syndrome. When my thighs are together my feet still don't touch unless I force them together. This has always bothered my aesthetically (no problems physically), and I am glad that Dr. Xia's team will fix this for me as well.

And a quick note about catherization -- this freaked me out initially when I read about this but to be honest when they insert the tube into your privates you're too high to notice what is happening. I am typing right now with the tube still inside me and don't notice it at all. It's very convenient as your bladder gets emptied automatically (you don't even feel the urge to pee) and is required as it's hard to move about the first few days with the epiduril suspending the nerves from the waist down.

I am still at the beginning of my LL journey and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions any of you reading might have.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:17:38 AM by SysOp » Logged
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:46:03 AM »

Always nice to see another diary from Beijing.
I can tell you from others that the most pain came during the correction stage.
Thank God I didn't need correction.
And please some pictures, especially of the nurses Smiley

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »

Hi nomorelifts,

Congratulations on starting your 2009 in style.

It seems that you're a very level-headed person, so I'm sure that your diary will be a useful contribution to our knowledge.

Good luck - and please keep us posted on your progress - you're joining an exclusive, but ever-growing group of people!

Cheers,

MMT

MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »

Hey nomorelifts, i was gonna visit you yesterday but i didnt wanna disturb your roomate.. since he just had his op, i figure he needs rest.. Your about 4 days post-op, so the epidural shoulda wore off by now..do u feel any pain?
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 05:24:31 AM »

Hey nomorelifts, i was gonna visit you yesterday but i didnt wanna disturb your roomate.. since he just had his op, i figure he needs rest.. Your about 4 days post-op, so the epidural shoulda wore off by now..do u feel any pain?

Hey dude. The doc took away my epidural this morning and I'm still feeling no pain. Hopefully this will continue and is not due to there being a remainder of the drug left inside my system.

Got my catheter removed an hour ago. I must say, I kinda miss it. With it I could drink all the water I want and not have to worry about having to pee. I pee a whole of a lot and the piss pot is way too small for me on a full bladder.
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »

MMT, thanks for the words of encouragement. Yeah I will be posting more actively from now on as I'm gonna spend my days mostly in bed all-day.

I will try to snap a pic or two of the nurses. Hopefully they aren't too shy.
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »

DAY 4

It's night now and I'm tucked up in bed. My girl had actually come over with me but left today cos she's starting a new job on Monday. I kinda feel guilty cos I won't be there for when she gets "new job anxiety" and the timing just sucks I must admit. She's the best. She's been really cool throughout the whole process and even supports me even when she doesn't agree I need LL. I'll be sure to do good by her once I'm healed.

As for the pain... what I'm feeling is more like a warm tingling sensation. It's not sharp and is more discomforting than it is painful. It feels like a rush of warm blood is moving through my legs. Another thing I noticed is the pressure buildup in the knees. It's as if you've had your knees straight locked out for too long. But when I check it with my eyes my knees don't look locked at all. I guess it's part of the process. I'm praying it doesn't get any worse than this.

I haven't popped a tramadol yet but I'm thinking I just might do so before I slumber off.
LISA _SWE
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »

Every day is going to be more  and more pain..this is juste the beginnige  belive me.
sometimes you are going to wish that you never done this.especially in the end of LL,but you need to hang up..then after you finish the LL then comes the big part to be near near normal as before. to walk normal to do things normal. i finish my LL fore 6 month a go i did 8 cm. every one who went home during thet time is having problems to walk to do things normal and every one is having pain still..and fore someone it have been neraly 1 year sice they finish the LL.
IT TAKES LONG TIME TO RECOVER..Good luck
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »

Yes, the recovery proccess is just as hard as LL itself.
The difference is you get to spend it at home.
I was the lucky to be able to get back on my feet so quickly.

BTW, can you tell us more about your background ?

Every cm was TORTURE.
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »

NIGHT 5

Didn't sleep much last night. Had about 2-3 hours in total. There was same radiating sensation again but nothing too bad. My roomate had it worse. He had his op a day after me and yesterday night was his 3rd night. He had ran out his supply of epidural and was constantly in pain. He had his mother around to look after him which reminds me that I wished my girl was also still around. Ultimately, they gave him some muscle relaxant and some fever medication (he was also running a slight temperature then) which did him some good and also allowed me some shuteye. Not much though. They woke us at 8 am today for our morning wash.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:24:16 AM by nomorelifts » Logged
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 07:12:07 AM »

DAY 5

Our heater had been broken since yesterday and today Dr Ronne came and brought along the engineer. He said that he could only fix it tomorrow. And the weather forecast on Beijing is -3 deg celsius today. Sucky timing. I asked Dr Ronne for my leg measurements and she confirmed I had femurs which were 8 cm longer than my tibias. Hence their initial recommendation of 8 cm leg lengthening. I'm thinking why risk it and have revised down my max target by another 0.5 cm.

Target Lengthening: 5 - 7.5 cm ( 2 - 3 inches ).
Target Height: 178 - 180 ( 5'10" - 5'11" ).

This will also allow me to get back to my girl earlier, and still have a respectable height. I've just about lost my fixation with being 6 ft tall; I'd like to be but not at the risk of long-term disabilities/problems. Funny thing is, being all alone, crippled, in a cold foreign place, with foreign people, speaking a language you hardly speak, is alienating but it is also this same alienation that makes you realise what truly matters in your life. I want to be able to go on holidays with my girl, and do lots of walking and travelling.
Also I just had my first adventure today. I had to take a ***. It wasn't as bad as some had made it out to be. We have a very nice maid ("Tang Jie") who helped me get to the toilet and back. I did my business with my legs on another chair. Fortunately, I could still go so that wasn't unpleasant as I didn't have to bring my legs down.

The maids here are very nice but Tang Jie is the best. She's very caring in a motherly kind of way. She noticed my frames were a little sharp and dulled it a bit with a file and taped it with some tape so there wouldn't be any mishaps.

I'll post my background in my night diary. I just felt I had to get these thoughts across before they left me. I'm gonna watch some Arrested Development and will get back to posting after dinner.

Laters....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:04:57 AM by jack0life » Logged
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »

Oh, reading you're diary brings back memories- that place is so special, and I loved those Bow Jows Smiley

I've noticed that the people who go to Beijing seem to experience more of the 'spiritual' journey that I enjoyed when doing my LL.

I hope that your heater gets fixed, and I'll be reading your diary with interest Smiley

nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »

Thanks to jack0life and MMT for the interest in my diary.

I seem to be coping well so far. I've managed to sit myself up pretty nicely (with support from my hands of course) and have been able to adjust my leg pillows (more like sandbags) to match my comfort. Perhaps this is due to my upper body strength as I had been working out 4-5 times a week (mainly weights) for the past few years.

Here's a little more info about myself:

I am a xxx male in my late 20s of chinese descent. I speak sucky chinese but I've been picking up a few things while i'm here. I plan to work in finance, and start a family with my girl in future.

As mentioned already, I work out extensively - weights mainly, sometimes some cardio and came in here weighing 88 kg at 172.5 cm. I had been worried that my weight would have been a factor but Dr Xia and Dr Ronne assured me that it was good to have a little extra as I will be losing a lot throughout the process.

Dr Xia's team diagnosed me with having X-legs syndrome (my knees would touch but not my feet -- the opposite of bow legs syndrome) and said they would correct it during the process. I didn't ask if I would gain any height from this but I'm cool even if I didn't. I am glad that LL has also given me the possibility to fix this as it looks rather weird when I've got no pants/shorts on.

Prior to this I had been wearing 2 inch (5 cm) lifts for the past few years, and this was mainly to match my upper body frame size. I initially pursued lifts as even when I was lean, I was always slightly too disproportionate due to my height and bulky upper body. The extra 5 cm makes me look great in clothes and I've been loving/hating lifts ever since. Ultimately even if I were only able to get 5 cm, I will be very happy as long as that enables me full recovery in my legs. So to summarise:

Initial Height: 172.5 cm (but I suspect closer to 173 cm as the nurse who measured me had to reaaaaaly tiptoe + stretch and even then was barely able to get the marker up to my head)
Target Lengthening: 5 - 7.5 cm (2 - 3 inches).
Target Height: 177.5 - 180 cm (5'10" - 5'11").

Most of the people back home (save for a close few) do not know about my decision to do this surgery. I will be keeping my alibi private for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:06:02 AM by jack0life » Logged
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »

NIGHT 5

It's past 8 in the evening now and the lack of heater is starting to really kick in. I've got a sweater on and another jacket on standby in case I need them in the night. I can feel the tingles getting stronger but I haven't needed to take a Tramadol so far so hopefully this trend will continue.

Ah yes, 'Bow Jows'. I received the famous hot-towel-feet-treat today in the late afternoon by Tang Jie and it was fantastic. I just sat back and closed my eyes and let my thoughts just lightly wander off. I will definitely get used to this and the fact that the motherly Tang Jie did my first just made it a bit special. Already I can feel growing slightly attached to her and she will definitely be the most missed aspect of my stay here when I leave. I look forward to tomorrow's!

I gave my digicam to my girl to take back so she can snap pics of herself and my baby to send to me. But I still have my phonecam which obviously isn't as good, but will suffice for taking pics of the nurses that jack0life requested.

I believe a huge part of this process is MENTAL. You must have a positive attitude.
* Yes, the facilities here aren't up to par to westernized standards.
* Yes, sometimes the nurses and maids take a while to get to you.
* Yes, it sucks not being able to use your legs and missing your family back home.

BUT you have to shrug it off and focus on the BIG picture and the MOST important things in our life.
* Of course there will be a difference in quality standards, esp. given the price differential.
* Nurses and maids are humans too and they are a little overstretched at times.
* I am rest assured by the fact that my girls (girlfriend and baby) are missing me and will be back home waiting for a taller me.

The worst attitude that you can have is of a superior uppity foreigner who is coming to a less civilised country and expect to be waited on hand and foot by people who you consider to be inferior. DO NOT HAVE THAT ATTITUDE. Every human being and culture deserves another's respect. So take the time to befriend the people here and your stay will be much more pleasant.

My roomie is snoring away now. It's quite early and hopefully it won't mean him having problems in the ungodly hours.

I have been able to move my ankles and toes since day 1 (day of the op) so hopefully that will be a good thing. My ankle strength seem to be getting stronger by the day so I'm hopeful it'll mean I can go on crutches faster. The main issue bugging me is my groin is a little sore from lying in bed with legs elevated all the time so stretching my legs out a bit will be a big help. I can also pop by over to MedStudent and ThatGuy's room and join in the mayhem a bit. Pre-op the X-ray doctor did say that I have very well developed bones so hopefully that will mean a good and solid recovery after the lengthening phase.

I asked Dr Ronne for a sleeping aid instead of Tramadol just in case I have problems sleeping tonight. Sleeping and eating is a big part of the recovery process and after last night's measly 3 hours, I intend to get a good night's worth tonight.

Tomorrow is monday, and I heard that all the patients get a checkup. That will bring a little more life into the hospital. In the weekends it's more quiet as the doctors only come in during the mornings, so a little more activity will be welcome. I look forward to being on crutches and starting lengthening soon. I also look forward to getting my heater fixed Smiley It may seem like I am being overpositive and looking forward to too many pointless things but I believe that life is what you make of it. Having the ability to make the best out of bad situations is an invaluable quality that will help one overcome life's challenges easier.

This is going to be a week full of adventures so keep posted guys!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:50:29 PM by nomorelifts » Logged
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »

DAY 6

Hey guys how's it going? Dr Zhao, my personal doctor (who I'd bet is quite the ladies' man) came in today to check on my progress. He asked me to try doing a leg raise in front of him. I had been fiddling about with my leg positions in the days before (back up and one hand lifting the frame of one leg and the other as a base) but never unsupported. My legs still feel quite gingerly but I figured that was a mental barrier I was going to have to break. I took a deep breath and tensed my quads and mustered all the strength I could to lift my right leg up. 1cm... 5cm... 10cm... and BOOM next thing I knew I had my right leg up in the air pretty high up. I didn't measure it but it seemed like a metre or so above the bed. Dr Zhao was quite impressed and told me to repeat with the left leg. Again, the initial liftoff is the hardest as it involves the groin as well (and if you've been reading this diary you'll know my groin has been a bit sore from sleeping elevated for the past 5 nights) but beyond that the quads take over and it's pretty smooth sailing.

Next were the leg bends. Dr Zhao got me to do these and again the area below the kneecap was still a little tender but I managed to perform these without much drama.

He has got me doing these daily. Tomorrow he will get me crutches and I will start walking on them! Sweet! I can't wait to stretch my legs out. He also mentioned that he will teach me the lengthening technique tomorrow. I am not sure if that will mean I start lengthening tomorrow though.

Dr Ronne and the Dr Peng (who is the head surgeon and Dr Xia's second-in-command) came in at 2 pm for a visit. It is always nice to see Dr Ronne -- she has a nice warm smile. She also gave me my leg measurements.

Femurs 48.5 cm
Tibias 39.5 cm
Total Leg Length 88.0 cm
Femur-Tibia Difference 9.0 cm
A little bit of height gain (less than 1 cm) from x-legs correction.

My 9 cm femur-tibia difference is the reason why Dr Xia's team had initially recommended I lengthen a maximum of 8 cm (so as to maintain the femurs being longer). My max target lengthening is 7.5 cm (I won't necessarily do this much though) and this will give my femurs a 1.5 cm length advantage over my tibias.

The heater still hasn't got fixed as they had to order in the parts and Dr Ronne brought a small portable heater but I'm not sure how effective that's going to be. There's pretty much nothing else to be done except to tough it out another night and hope it gets fixed tomorrow. It's not that bad actually -- I've noticed it gets coldest between 4 pm - 6 pm and during the night it actually gets a little warmer. Plus I've got 2 blankets (bought an extra one) and tons of pillows to keep me snug and warm.

MASS HYSTERIA!!! We were just informed that due to the cold temperature, the water has been shut down. This means no Bow Jow today! This... seriously... hurts   Smiley

So instead I did my exercises and worked more on this entry. Dinner is about to be served anytime soon. I'm gonna eat and watch my newly downloaded episode of the 24 season premiere! I'll post more thoughts in my night diary.

Ciao!

P.S. Thanks to the admins for the post bump Smiley
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:09:22 PM by nomorelifts » Logged
MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

hey NoMoreLifts, im loving the level of detail in you diary, keep it up! And it looks like ur recovering well...i might come pay you a visit later...
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 02:48:48 PM »

Hey MedStudent how's stuff? Great that you're enjoying my diary.

NIGHT 6

Good news is that the water supply came back on. Bad news is still no Bow Jow! Supposedly there's no rescheduling for Bow Jows. In case anyone is wondering here is my schedule for today:

8:00 Wake up. Morning wash. Doctor checkup. Breakfast. Turn TV on (CCTV-9 is an english channel that shows news & documentaries).
9:00 Watch some TV while surfing web, email.
10:00 Exercises then web, email.
11:00 Lunch served. I usually watch a movie while eating lunch.
14:00 Dr Ronne and Dr Peng came to inspect my legs and gave my exact leg measurements.
15:00 Web, email, exercises.
16:00 Work on my LL diary.
17:00 Dinner served. Again, I'll watch something while eating, but during this time, usually a TV episode as it's shorter.
18:00 Nightime wash. Watch some more movies/TV.
20:00 Talk to my family back home.
21:00 Another entry in my LL diary, then maybe play some games on my Mac.
23:00 Talk to my family some more.
24:00 Bedtime. This is usually the time I channel surf. With the volume muted it doesn't matter that the broadcasts are in chinese. Hopefully there'll be some sports.

Today went by pretty fast actually. I'd imagine this schedule to change in the next few days or so (when I'm walking on crutches and lengthening) in which case I'll post another one. MedStudent just asked for some TV episodes and today's 24 season 7 premiere. I'm thinking maybe I should trade my collection in return for Bow Jow sessions  Roll Eyes

Anyway I just remembered that this week I will start getting massages. These are included in the package and you get 1 session a week for 16 weeks. You can pay for extra sessions if you'd like. I'll post more on these when I get my turn.

Surprise surprise! Favourite Tang Jie just walked into my room. I hadn't seen her all day so I was pleasantly surprised. I automatically beamed a smile and asked if she was well. She mentioned she was fine and that today and tomorrow was her off-day. I've been told that even on her days off she often still comes by to check up on everyone. That's why she's the best! I told her I missed her and wished her goodnight. I've been slowly picking up mandarin words here and there and it's nice to be able to converse and build relationships with the warm and friendly staff here.

I think I might finally be able to get a good night's rest tonight as my eyes are starting to feel a little heavy. The sleepaids didn't help me much last night and I only got about 4-5 hrs so I won't be taking them unless as a last resort. I want to get in a good natural night's sleep so my legs can regain more of their strength so I can easier adjust my legs which will make laying in bed a little more comfortable. Dr Peng gave the okay to sleep without the pillows under my legs but it's not bothering me too much so I'll leave them right where they are. He also said I could start sleeping on my sides although I am not quite sure how that'll work.

Tomorrow I'll be starting my second adventure - using my crutches so I'll need a good night's rest. Wish me luck!
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »

Dr Ronne and the Dr Peng (who is the head surgeon and Dr Xia's second-in-command) came in at 2 pm for a visit. It is always nice to see Dr Ronne -- she has a nice warm smile. She also gave me my leg measurements.

Dr Xia is really only there in spririt now.
I think I saw him maybe twice the whole time I was there.
First when I saw him for consultation and he came for a quick visit.
Dr Peng is pretty much THEE GUY there.
Hes an awesome surgeon.

Every cm was TORTURE.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

8:00 Wake up. Morning wash. Doctor checkup. Breakfast. Turn TV on (CCTV-9 is an english channel that shows news & documentaries).
9:00 Watch some TV while surfing web, email.
10:00 Exercises then web, email.
11:00 Lunch served. I usually watch a movie while eating lunch.
14:00 Dr Ronne and Dr Peng came to inspect my legs and gave my exact leg measurements.
15:00 Web, email, exercises.
16:00 Work on my LL diary.
17:00 Dinner served. Again, I'll watch something while eating, but during this time, usually a TV episode as it's shorter.
18:00 Nightime wash. Watch some more movies/TV.
20:00 Talk to my family back home.
21:00 Another entry in my LL diary, then maybe play some games on my Mac.
23:00 Talk to my family some more.
24:00 Bedtime. This is usually the time I channel surf. With the volume muted it doesn't matter that the broadcasts are in chinese. Hopefully there'll be some sports.

Your schedule reminds me the main reason why I hated LL.
Its like rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.
Its mentally draining on you after a while especially when you're immobile.

BTW, a fellow patient of mine brought a 750gb HD of movies that he shared with everyone when I was there.
He sold it off to another patient and that patient I think sold it off too when he left.
I wonder if that HD got passed on or someone finally took it home.
That HD was a savior for us. All of us got to see so many TV shows and movies.

Every cm was TORTURE.
chinagirlfl1991
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »

Hi NoMoreLifts,

I also am loving the level of detail in your diary!  I have lived in both xxx and xxx, and was just back in xxx in October, '08.  So I can relate to your lifestyle there pretty well!  (when you are not busy getting taller in Beijing!)

They are supposed to be doing the Fitbone in xxx; I think at xxx hospital (this is mentioned in the wikkipedia article on LL; I'd have to look it up to be sure).  Maybe also at xxx, across from the American Embassy?  I am curious--did you look into getting any LL in xxx before heading north to Beijing (and weather that must feel awfully cold for you?)  I didn't check into it when I was there in October; I figured the costs would be astronomical there.  Do you know if they are using any other methods in xxx? 

Good luck with your LL odyssey, and I will be checking back frequently for your updates!  The best to you, your girlfriend waiting for you to come back taller!)

China
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:03:42 AM by jack0life » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.