MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NoMoreLifts - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - NoMoreLifts Beijing diary  (Read 44953 times)
MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2009, 07:06:55 AM »

hey NML, its good to hear ur recovering well...first off, i wanna say ur DAY 175 post is amazing...u should consider becoming an author! And with time, ur calves will  blow up...mine are like tree trunks now Cheesy...wats ur exercise routine now? do u walk a certain number of times per day for x amount of minutes or do u just walk as u please? did the beijing doctors  give u an estimated date on when u can walk unaided? Im sure ur able to walk unaided now, but when do u think its ok for u to start walking unaided (to avoid x-legs)...i got my frames removed june 1st, and am planning to start walking unaided august 8, so a little bit over two months. anyway, good luck w/ the rest of ur recovery  Smiley
WTBT2007
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2009, 04:46:56 AM »

Great Diary, NML, a pleasure to read and very informative.

hey NML, its good to hear ur recovering well...first off, i wanna say ur DAY 175 post is amazing...u should consider becoming an author! And with time, ur calves will  blow up...mine are like tree trunks now

MedStudent, why are your legs like tree trunks? Is it from muscle or swelling? I've read other diary posts that said wearing compression stockings will reduce the amount of swelling, as well as keep legs to a normal size, which is important for the ladies. We don't want tree trunk calves...Are you wearing compression stockings or purposely avoiding them to get your calves thick?
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2009, 05:30:41 AM »

hey NML, its good to hear ur recovering well...first off, i wanna say ur DAY 175 post is amazing...u should consider becoming an author! And with time, ur calves will  blow up...mine are like tree trunks now Cheesy...wats ur exercise routine now? do u walk a certain number of times per day for x amount of minutes or do u just walk as u please? did the beijing doctors  give u an estimated date on when u can walk unaided? Im sure ur able to walk unaided now, but when do u think its ok for u to start walking unaided (to avoid x-legs)...i got my frames removed june 1st, and am planning to start walking unaided august 8, so a little bit over two months. anyway, good luck w/ the rest of ur recovery  Smiley

Hey dude, thanks. I'm still taking it easy and lazing most of the time so no exercise program for me yet. I have been going out for movies and dinner 2 or 3 times a week now and when I do I strap on the leg braces and use a single crutch. This serves me well and I can move at normal pace and walk up or down the stairs. At home I usually just go on a single crutch without the leg braces.

I can walk totally unaided (no braces, no crutch) but I try not to as I am a heavy guy and the risk of x-legs scares me. I think I might just stick to using the leg braces + single crutch until I go for my local x-ray and have the go-ahead from Dr Peng.

Dr Zhao did say that it would take me 2 mths recovery at home to get back to full mobility. With the 3 weeks I spent recovering in Beijing, that means about 3 mths total post-frames. I think he was being understandably overly cautious and everyone's opinion of "full mobility" does differ quite bit.

Anyways, good to hear from you dude. Hope you get to full recovery fast Smiley
Americanpimp
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 61

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »

WTBT2007, I think the size of your calves has a lot to do with genetics.  Just like African-Americans tend to have skinny calves.  I, myself, still have thin calves after LL just with longer muscles.

Now in the 180cm club!
WTBT2007
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2009, 02:53:49 AM »

Thanks Pimp. So your calves stayed roughly the same? Did you wear compression stockings afterward?
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

Well done man. I was thinking you must be insane when you said your final goal is 185cm, coz that was too dangerous to lengthen so much with today's technologies. After hearing your stories and MMT's story I have made up my mind to go back to the capital of my country  -- Beijing to pursue my dream Smiley
However I am still worrying about the recovery of the soft tissues and the ability for normal activities, I hope I can hear more good news from you guys.
Legolas
Advisor
MMT Member

Credibility 146

« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2009, 07:02:30 AM »

Awesome diary! It's as informative as it is inspirational! Well, it's been six weeks since your last posting. How is your recovery going? I imagine you're leaving the crutch behind more and more . . .
PS How old are you anyway?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:05:02 AM by Papillon » Logged
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2009, 06:55:14 AM »

DAY 257
Tuesday, Sep 20, 2009

Wow time does fly. It has been almost 15 weeks since my frames were removed and truth be told, my time in Beijing is a very distant memory. I am enjoying my height and living life so much that I have not had the opportunity to miss the place yet. Little things like heading out in flip-flops and still remaining taller than most people out on the streets fills my inner self with joy and further reaffirms my already solid belief that LL was totally worth it.

I ditched the crutches and braces sometime around the 28th of July and have been walking unaided both inside and outside the house ever since. I walk normally now and you'd be hard pressed to tell if I had LL done. I've visited friends and family and not a single question about why I walked funny or if I hurt my legs was thrown my way.

Bottom line is, I feel fine and normal, even though I am technically not the case yet. Just the other day, I had to reach for something on the floor and instead of bending over from my waist I unconsciously squatted down. After grabbing the said item, I stood up in one swift motion and did so using only my legs and without any arm support. I then remembered Dr Zhao telling me that I wasn't supposed to squat and stand. The thing is, I felt fine doing so and didn't even hesitate. Despite this, I had to make a mental reminder not to squat again until 2 or 3 months more.

The only other time I am reminded that I had LL just months ago is when walking down the stairs. Especially since I am a heavy guy, I am very conscious not to assert any unnecessary weighted impact on my legs and walking down the stairs without any support is one such scenario where that happens. I try my best to avoid stairs that have no side railing, at least until I feel comfortable doing so.

Other than squatting and descending stairs (and add to that running and jumping), I am able to function as any normal member of society. I am able to carry heavy loads using my arms without any stress on my legs. I am able to walk normally and for long durations. I am able to sit for long periods and then stand and walk normally without any stiffness. I am able to walk briskly should I need to.

Just imagine, after only 15 weeks I already feel 100% normal. I am certain with time to come I will be 100% normal. LL is one of the best things I have ever done in my life.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

Great update - another satisfied LL candidate who can confirm that doing LL really doesn't have to be traumatic, and that it can really change your life!

MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »

Congrats on the recovery NML! and i agree that LL was completly worth it! why did dr. zhao tell you not to squat...i do it all the time (not jus for picking up things, but one of my exercises is squating). I mean it builds your quads + hamstring muscles..i even do legs presses when i go to the gym...im at about the same stage ur at in recovery except i still get stiffness after sitting for about 10 minutes (or more) then getting up to walk right away (i feel a little soreness for the few steps then my normal walk resumes)....when u visited family and friends, even though they didnt mention anything about ur legs, did they mention anything about ur new height Smiley
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2009, 01:42:24 AM »

Congrats on the recovery NML! and i agree that LL was completly worth it! why did dr. zhao tell you not to squat...i do it all the time (not jus for picking up things, but one of my exercises is squating). I mean it builds your quads + hamstring muscles..i even do legs presses when i go to the gym...im at about the same stage ur at in recovery except i still get stiffness after sitting for about 10 minutes (or more) then getting up to walk right away (i feel a little soreness for the few steps then my normal walk resumes)....when u visited family and friends, even though they didnt mention anything about ur legs, did they mention anything about ur new height Smiley

I was told not to do squats at least until 6 months after frames-removal. But if you've been doing it with no problems then I guess it shouldn't hurt. You might wanna give Ronne a shoutout and get her to ask Dr Peng just to be safe. So far no one has commented about my legs nor my height. I guess I hide it well Smiley One thing I do notice though, is more attention from the opposite sex. These days they are the ones to start and keep eye contact. Sad but true. What about on your side?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:45:58 AM by nomorelifts » Logged
MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2009, 03:09:10 AM »

the new height is amazing for me...getting more attention from the opposite sex, not having to look up at everyone all the time..and in general im happier...I try hiding my new height also (from ppl who knew me before), but even when i slouch and bend my knees a little, i still get comments about how tall i am...do u exercise ur legs now? or have u stopped completely?
nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »

I have not done any regimented exercise on my legs so far. The only workout it gets is when I am out and about. Other than that they get plenty of rest. Pretty lazy routine but that's me Smiley
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

the new height is amazing for me...getting more attention from the opposite sex, not having to look up at everyone all the time..and in general im happier...I try hiding my new height also (from ppl who knew me before), but even when i slouch and bend my knees a little, i still get comments about how tall i am...do u exercise ur legs now? or have u stopped completely?

It's a great feeling, isn't it? At moments like those, when people comment about your height, that's when you know why doing LL was worth the time and effort!

willbetaller
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »

NML, I miss u so much man  Grin  . Its good that you are great out there.

nomorelifts
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 152

« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2009, 02:22:52 AM »

Hey willbetaller... haha miss those days when I'd come by and steal your snacks. How's it going dude? Heard from your other post that you are going home soon? Congrats man! Are your frames off already?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.