MMT Community
February 27, 2017, 04:21:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: A simple, but powerful question - we want to know how old our members are!
Under 18
18 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31- 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
Over 50

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 58334 times)
TheGreatOne
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility 87

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »

NaughtyGuy91
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

Turned 21 a couple of months back :)
Ricki00
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »

I'm 26 yrs old.
MilitaryGuy
MMT Member

Credibility -10

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »

LivaVinia
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »

UniJoe
MMT Member

Credibility -6

« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:20 AM »

Calic
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013, 03:14:23 AM »

I am 24 and happy to be able to do LL so early in my life.  Doing LL at a later time would probably cause a greater disruption for me.

Starting Height: 170 cm
Sitting Height: 90 cm
Armspan: 180 cm
Gained 6.5 cm with Dr. Sarin
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:23 AM »

22 and a half, i have a very long road ahead before LL
Rivers
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

In my 20's.
Terry1988
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2013, 02:25:58 AM »

PaulAllen
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »

adabi
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »

irbil2005
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »

I just truned 53 and done my LL surgery at 52 years old.
That was a little over 4 months ago.
My surgery method was the Lenghtening And Then Nailing (LATN) under Dr Donghoon Lee (Bundang Cha Hospital) in South Korea.
I think he is best doctor in this field over there.
Currently, I'm walking a short distance without the crutches and I'm very happy with this LL surgery done.
Age!!! doesn't meaning anything to do with this surgery.  So far I am one of the good case paitent.  Because of the exellent result. 
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »

Hi Guys. 

My name is Tom.  I am 47 years old and this is my story. 

I was always short.  Ever since I was a kid I was one of the shortest kids in my class.  I was bright and athletic but I would get beat up constantly by bigger boys. 

I learned how to hide my shame -and my big mouth.  I tried to make up for my shrimp stature by out thinking my fellow men.  Sometimes it worked, and other times I ended up looking like a jerk. 

I was fairly nice looking but could never get the girls I wanted.  It sucked.  I was passed over promotions, and ignored in many conversations.  In spite of this, I used the old ' height doesnt matter' routine. 

Well , it sure as sh!t matters to society, and to women.  We can try to wish it away all we want but it doesnt mean our society will.  We can overcome our shortness, but it does take monumental force of will. 

At age 47 I am married and my daughter is 19.  I am a success of sorts but do not have a bunch of money .  I am sorry to ramble but I am just dumping my story off the top of my head. 

I just found out about LL 7 days ago.  I was in denial, then shock, and finally now its sinking in. 

I tried to make a pact with the devil when I was 17 to be 6ft tall.  Of course I didnt grow one millimeter taller, as I realized there was no devil.  But if there was, I would have sold it.

Now of course I am older.  I cannot believe we can actually grow taller artificially .  When you think about it, it was so obvious a solution wasnt it?

I am 5ft 6 1/2 inches tall.  The exact same as when I was 18.  I have not shrunk a single millimeter.  My wish is to gain 16 centimeters.  Apparenty we can do 8cm on both femurs and tibias. 

I have often thought about what I will do when I do reach 6ft /6ft 1. 

To be honest, besides jumping up and down for joy, my first action would be to hop on a jet back to my home in West Vancouver and beat the %!#$ out of these pricks I went to highschool with. 

lol. 

But I wont.  We were just kids.  I am so exicted I cant seem to hold a thought in my head.  I guess dreams really can come true.   :D
chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »

Hi Guys. 

My name is Tom.  I am 47 years old and this is my story. 

I was always short.  Ever since I was a kid I was one of the shortest kids in my class.  I was bright and athletic but I would get beat up constantly by bigger boys. 

I learned how to hide my shame -and my big mouth.  I tried to make up for my shrimp stature by out thinking my fellow men.  Sometimes it worked, and other times I ended up looking like a jerk. 

I was fairly nice looking but could never get the girls I wanted.  It sucked.  I was passed over promotions, and ignored in many conversations.  In spite of this, I used the old ' height doesnt matter' routine. 

Well , it sure as sh!t matters to society, and to women.  We can try to wish it away all we want but it doesnt mean our society will.  We can overcome our shortness, but it does take monumental force of will. 

At age 47 I am married and my daughter is 19.  I am a success of sorts but do not have a bunch of money .  I am sorry to ramble but I am just dumping my story off the top of my head. 

I just found out about LL 7 days ago.  I was in denial, then shock, and finally now its sinking in. 

I tried to make a pact with the devil when I was 17 to be 6ft tall.  Of course I didnt grow one millimeter taller, as I realized there was no devil.  But if there was, I would have sold it.

Now of course I am older.  I cannot believe we can actually grow taller artificially .  When you think about it, it was so obvious a solution wasnt it?

I am 5ft 6 1/2 inches tall.  The exact same as when I was 18.  I have not shrunk a single millimeter.  My wish is to gain 16 centimeters.  Apparenty we can do 8cm on both femurs and tibias. 

I have often thought about what I will do when I do reach 6ft /6ft 1. 

To be honest, besides jumping up and down for joy, my first action would be to hop on a jet back to my home in West Vancouver and beat the %!#$ out of these pricks I went to highschool with. 

lol. 

But I wont.  We were just kids.  I am so exicted I cant seem to hold a thought in my head.  I guess dreams really can come true.   Cheesy

Hi Tom. It's really cool you haven't shrunk at all at 47. My father was around that height and I think he lost about 10cm, although he's about 10 years older. I have a feeling you're in a pretty decent shape without much fat or a significant beer belly. Smiley

Take your time and read as much info as you can here, diaries included.

A few things to mention:
1. 16 cm is a lot of lengthening. It can be done, but it is not recommended to lengthen so much. I am more on the conservatory side so personally I don't think it's a wise thing to go past 10cm (5cm tibia + 5cm femurs). A lot of serious complications can happen, it takes a lot more time, it is a lot more painful, in most cases you'll get to look disproportionate etc. Others may argue.
2. Take some photos and do mock-ups with the extra length to see how you look.
3. If you'll get to 6ft, or even less, after 2 surgeries, you can be 100% sure you will not jump up and down for joy, maybe only in spirit. Smiley It will take a few good years to do them and to recover. The more cm you lengthen, the more time it will take.
4. 2 LL's will cost you a sh1t load of money.
5. Set realistic goals. 5 extra cm will have a dramatic impact on you. 10 cm will be mind-blowing. Even if you choose to lengthen more, no need to set your goals too high and risk your health just for the sake of a childhood dream. As you said, you're not a kid anymore, so play it smart.
6. Good luck!
Andre01
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »

Love Your post Chaz!

its just another reminder to us all that this height thing will remain with us for many many years.

its best to do it as soon as possible. i am in the mddle of a project and as soon as its done I am taking a fraction of my profits to do LL.

I am lucky that i grew up in africa and came to Australia when i was about 20. height was a problem but it wasnt until i got to 25 that i realised heightism was well and truelly  something that existed and that it even affected ur carreer prospects as a male. I got a serious girl friend when i was about 20 and i think it blinded me to reality because i didnt have to pick up in night clubs where being short is like death sentence.

Thank God for LL 
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »

Hi Tom. It's really cool you haven't shrunk at all at 47. My father was around that height and I think he lost about 10cm, although he's about 10 years older.

Possibly a typo but 10cm height loss for a man has to be unheard of.

Both women and men can experience height loss with age, especially smaller framed body types, but 10 cm for a man is unusually high, unless he has some sort of spinal condition or other medical condition - and you say he's just 57 years old.

chuck norris
MMT Contributor

Credibility -4

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

Possibly a typo but 10cm height loss for a man has to be unheard of.

Both women and men can experience height loss with age, especially smaller framed body types, but 10 cm for a man is unusually high, unless he has some sort of spinal condition or other medical condition - and you say he's just 57 years old.

It wasn't a typo, but now that you've mentioned it I thought about it more and I'm quite sure you're right, it's less than 10cm. It's very hard to evaluate to be honest. He probably lost around 5cm, which is still quite a lot. He just turned 59 and he does have some back problems, but the main problem I think is his dreadful lifestyle and his forever expanding belly.

I've just read some articles about height loss and apparently in starts from when you're 30. Women shrink more than man (I thought it was the other way around, since man have longer torsos and most of the shrinkage happens in the torso). The bad side is that big height loss is correlated to a lot of medical conditions. This bums me out, I really need to have a talk with my old man...
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »

It wasn't a typo, but now that you've mentioned it I thought about it more and I'm quite sure you're right, it's less than 10cm. It's very hard to evaluate to be honest. He probably lost around 5cm, which is still quite a lot. He just turned 59 and he does have some back problems, but the main problem I think is his dreadful lifestyle and his forever expanding belly.

For now the proportion obsessed will have to continue to dream that there will be a way to someday add a little extra height to our torsos that won't give a person cancer.

TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »

Quote from: Andre01 link=topic=1708. msg83716#msg83716 date=1374572678
Love Your post Chaz!

its just another reminder to us all that this height thing will remain with us for many many years. 

its best to do it as soon as possible.  i am in the mddle of a project and as soon as its done I am taking a fraction of my profits to do LL. 

I am lucky that i grew up in africa and came to Australia when i was about 20.  height was a problem but it wasnt until i got to 25 that i realised heightism was well and truelly  something that existed and that it even affected ur carreer prospects as a male.  I got a serious girl friend when i was about 20 and i think it blinded me to reality because i didnt have to pick up in night clubs where being short is like death sentence.

Thank God for LL 

Thank you Dude!!!

The more I let it sink in, the more I am welling up inside.  I was one of these guys who thought he was an 'Alpha Male' . . . . . . . . . . . . all to find out over and over I would face very serious physical consequences if I didnt back down.   

And you are right.  I went to night clubs with groups of friends.  I didnt dare go on my own as I would be IGNORED and then finally hit on by the fat girls.  Dont get me wrong, I had many a great time with portly women, but it was rather obvious that they were my only option. 

Its hard entering a situation as a short guy.  Men try to dominate you, women ignore you or try to use you.  It was hard for me because I got over being short and I expected others to do the same. 

They DONT

I have to relieve it every time I meet someone new. 

I cant believe I have a chance to gain my missing inches.  I am so excited and am devouring this site voraciously to prepare me for the long rehabbing ahead. 

I am a banker and I can work from home on a computer so I wont have to stop working.  In fact, i can work from Russia, India or China as long as they have broadband. 

Do you guys think I could get each procedure done for $30k each? I assume each procedure covers both femurs and the next both tibias. 

You guys are awesome.  I dont feel alone anymore  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.