My name is Tom. I am 47 years old and this is my story.
I was always short. Ever since I was a kid I was one of the shortest kids in my class. I was bright and athletic but I would get beat up constantly by bigger boys.
I learned how to hide my shame -and my big mouth. I tried to make up for my shrimp stature by out thinking my fellow men. Sometimes it worked, and other times I ended up looking like a jerk.
I was fairly nice looking but could never get the girls I wanted. It sucked. I was passed over promotions, and ignored in many conversations. In spite of this, I used the old ' height doesnt matter' routine.
Well , it sure as sh!t matters to society, and to women. We can try to wish it away all we want but it doesnt mean our society will. We can overcome our shortness, but it does take monumental force of will.
At age 47 I am married and my daughter is 19. I am a success of sorts but do not have a bunch of money . I am sorry to ramble but I am just dumping my story off the top of my head.
I just found out about LL 7 days ago. I was in denial, then shock, and finally now its sinking in.
I tried to make a pact with the devil when I was 17 to be 6ft tall. Of course I didnt grow one millimeter taller, as I realized there was no devil. But if there was, I would have sold it.
Now of course I am older. I cannot believe we can actually grow taller artificially . When you think about it, it was so obvious a solution wasnt it?
I am 5ft 6 1/2 inches tall. The exact same as when I was 18. I have not shrunk a single millimeter. My wish is to gain 16 centimeters. Apparenty we can do 8cm on both femurs and tibias.
I have often thought about what I will do when I do reach 6ft /6ft 1.
To be honest, besides jumping up and down for joy, my first action would be to hop on a jet back to my home in West Vancouver and beat the %!#$ out of these pricks I went to highschool with.
But I wont. We were just kids. I am so exicted I cant seem to hold a thought in my head. I guess dreams really can come true.
Hi Tom. It's really cool you haven't shrunk at all at 47. My father was around that height and I think he lost about 10cm, although he's about 10 years older. I have a feeling you're in a pretty decent shape without much fat or a significant beer belly.
Take your time and read as much info as you can here, diaries included.
A few things to mention:
1. 16 cm is a lot of lengthening. It can be done, but it is not recommended to lengthen so much. I am more on the conservatory side so personally I don't think it's a wise thing to go past 10cm (5cm tibia + 5cm femurs). A lot of serious complications can happen, it takes a lot more time, it is a lot more painful, in most cases you'll get to look disproportionate etc. Others may argue.
2. Take some photos and do mock-ups with the extra length to see how you look.
3. If you'll get to 6ft, or even less, after 2 surgeries, you can be 100% sure you will not jump up and down for joy, maybe only in spirit.
It will take a few good years to do them and to recover. The more cm you lengthen, the more time it will take.
4. 2 LL's will cost you a sh1t load of money.
5. Set realistic goals. 5 extra cm will have a dramatic impact on you. 10 cm will be mind-blowing. Even if you choose to lengthen more, no need to set your goals too high and risk your health just for the sake of a childhood dream. As you said, you're not a kid anymore, so play it smart.
6. Good luck!