MMT Community
January 19, 2017, 12:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: A simple, but powerful question - we want to know how old our members are!
Under 18
18 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31- 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
Over 50

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 56722 times)
acap
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »

Never understood how much this has been emphasised in the forum.
I think the most striking impact of LL on the world in the next years will be the threat that everyone could do it in a rather safe and affordable (I don't dare say cheap) way.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »

I think the most striking impact of LL on the world in the next years will be the threat that everyone could do it in a rather safe and affordable (I don't dare say cheap) way.

That would be nice.
Jeilan
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

Quote from: acap link=topic=1708. msg83752#msg83752 date=1374624397

Why is that a threat? If this worries you, then you are doing LL for all the wrong reasons.  I don't care if every man in the world is 6 feet tall, so long as I am not 5'5 while everyone else is 6'.  I am not doing this so I can "tower" over people.  The most psychologically damaging part of being short is not that you do not have the superficial privilege of "tower over others," it is that you are constantly at a disadvantage in the perceptions people have about you, regardless of whatever other great qualities you may have.  These things have consequences in employment, in relationships, in social status, among other things.  Who cares if the whole world starts doing LL?

You reach is a point of diminishing once you're past 6 feet anyway.  I promise you nobody in their right mind is going to be having surgery to go from 6'2 to 6'8, just so they can stay taller than the formerly short people who've done LL.  This sort of paranoid thinking seems to be symptomatic of extreme insecurity present among many of us on this forum.  You have nothing to worry about.  Quit being paranoid.
RNW
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

I'm 19 years old.
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 94

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »

Late 30s. . . which means I most likely can do this once on tibs and won't be back for a second round on femurs.
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »

Late 30s. . . which means I most likely can do this once on tibs and won't be back for a second round on femurs.

Can I ask why not? Do you feel you would be too old to do 2 surgeries? I am older than you are and plan to do two. Perhaps you have some insight.  Smiley
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 94

« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »

Can I ask why not? Do you feel you would be too old to do 2 surgeries? I am older than you are and plan to do two. Perhaps you have some insight.  Smiley

I understand why you would ask. But I'm not sure that I have any insight that would help anyone else's case because I am making tentative plans based on my life experiences and situation. I would say my reasons fall would into these 3 main categories:

1) Putting life on hold for too long (and too often) - the thought of giving up: walking (completely) for perhaps 4 months, getting around independently for maybe 6 months, and significant athletic endeavors for 18-24 months is already tough enough to accept. Physically, I have always wanted to do a few more competitive things in martial arts before I become a geezer. I'm already feeling like "old, seasoned veteran" when I spar with the young pups. I worry that I'd be like 45 by the time I would fully recover from femurs and get back into shape. Socially, I've always felt a little stunted because I spent a lot of my late 20s and early 30 isolating myself. I don't think I want to spend twice as much of the remaining "young and single time" I have left in frames and rehab.

2) The LL becoming too obvious - I am not planning on telling anyone about the LL other than my therapists, doctor, and perhaps one or two close friends. I have been wearing 2-3" lifts for the past 8 years, so I think/hope a 7.5cm gain would not raise too much suspicion (unless I eventually wear lifts again). Actually that is a point I have debated with myself the entire time I have been coming to the decision to do LL. Besides the safety/pain/recovery factors, I am trying to weigh wanting to be as tall as (safely) possible on one procedure vs. looking like I obviously had something done.

3) Overall Athleticism - I haven't read enough diaries of those who have lengthened twice, but for myself, I do wonder how much agility I might lose with one procedure, let alone two.

All that being said, is there a chance I might also do femurs? A slight one. I can't say for sure until after I get done with tibs. I recall reading multiple patients talking about wanting to lengthen a huge amount, and then scale back once they start lengthening. But others have started to talk about going back for femurs before even recovering from Round 1. 
Snortle
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »

Hey everyone.  A friend referred me to this place.  I am 26, single from Florida.  I am 5ft 6 and am dying to give this a shot.  I currently live in florida. 

:)
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »

Hey everyone.  A friend referred me to this place.  I am 26, single from Florida.  I am 5ft 6 and am dying to give this a shot.  I currently live in florida. 

Smiley

Hey dude. Just soak it all in. READ the introduction and the instructions. Then after that start to read the diaries.

Cheers
Snortle
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »

Quote from: Chaz link=topic=1708. msg85337#msg85337 date=1377298691
Hey dude.  Just soak it all in.  READ the introduction and the instructions.  Then after that start to read the diaries. 

Cheers

Hey Tom . 

Ya I read em and its a lot to absorb.  When are you going to India ?
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »

My plan is to go July 1st 2014 or Jan 2015. Whenever I am ready financially, physically and emotionally.  Smiley
acap
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »

Why is that a threat? If this worries you, then you are doing LL for all the wrong reasons.  I don't care if every man in the world is 6 feet tall, so long as I am not 5'5 while everyone else is 6'.  I am not doing this so I can "tower" over people.  The most psychologically damaging part of being short is not that you do not have the superficial privilege of "tower over others," it is that you are constantly at a disadvantage in the perceptions people have about you, regardless of whatever other great qualities you may have.  These things have consequences in employment, in relationships, in social status, among other things.  Who cares if the whole world starts doing LL?

You reach is a point of diminishing once you're past 6 feet anyway.  I promise you nobody in their right mind is going to be having surgery to go from 6'2 to 6'8, just so they can stay taller than the formerly short people who've done LL.  This sort of paranoid thinking seems to be symptomatic of extreme insecurity present among many of us on this forum.  You have nothing to worry about.  Quit being paranoid.

Hey,
I was on vacation.
You totally missed my purpose... as I'm concerned it was my fault, I'll write it down extensively.

My point was: if in a near future anyone (better to say many people, let's assume 50% of people at least) can afford that in a rather simple, safe and cheap way, that could change people's perspective on height too.
In a certain way, it's like height be inflated and consequently society will be compelled to take a new sight (insight) over that and particularly in reference to its relative weight as compared to general intelligence and so on.

So I'm not concerned about 6'2" people wanting more height cause I really believe that would turn detrimental for them, on average, as you've correctly assumed. Also, LL seems to be already a mean of arbitrary natural selection, so credit to LLers.  Smiley

Last thing: I don't think society will ever become free from aesthetic assessments, however, a part from height, I think many features are under our own control, to a certain extent.
Snortle
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »

I think its about all the effort.  Not so much about the cash. 
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »

Most likely in another year or 2 as still deciding tibs or femur

Age 25
Petite Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »

18 years old student. Hell yeah, where to earn the money?
FloydMayweather
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Pretty Boy

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

Height: 173
Wingspan: 183
Westward
MMT Member

Credibility -4

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »

rigobert
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:13 PM »

26 as well
Leatherneck0331
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Shorty 5' 4"

« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:01 AM »

I'm 28
162. 5cm 5' 4" hopefully I could do LL surgery on my femurs in 2015 I hate being extremely short. 
LordSyko
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

21.  Haven't grown since I was 15/16.  Started growing a beard around then so I knew puberty was done with me. 

"From the naturalistic point of view, all men are equal.  There are only two exceptions to this rule of naturalistic equality: geniuses and idiots. " Mikhail Bakunin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.