MMT Community
September 23, 2018, 08:37:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: A simple, but powerful question - we want to know how old our members are!
Under 18
18 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31- 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
Over 50

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 79899 times)
nemesis81
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »

...28 target to celebrate my 30 with my new eight...on track

Nemesis 81

...some people have morgages I have dreams...and I work to make them real...
Jonil
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 09:59:03 AM »

Im 22 Grin
salsma
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »

I'm 25
jay7
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 64

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »

When I visited Betz he told me that a 72 year old American had just sucesfully completed his lengthening... Eventually the oldest LLer ever?
badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »

When I visited Betz he told me that a 72 year old American had just sucesfully completed his lengthening... Eventually the oldest LLer ever?

Actually, he's 70 years old, and he's still lengthening - he has about another month left.   He is Betz's oldest patient to date, and Betz told me he is one of his best.  He can walk almost normally (no duck-ass) and he has virtually no pain.  Patients more than half his age can't hold a candle next to him.   He also one of the the nicest people I've met here at Lebach. 
TopShelf
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »

I guess the 69 year old never told you guys that he really did not want to be mentioned on any discussion boards. 
BTW BadBoy it was nice meeting you there.  How are your plans coming along?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:38:13 PM by TopShelf » Logged
badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »

I guess the 69 year old never told you guys that he really did not want to be mentioned on any discussion boards. 
BTW BadBoy it was nice meeting you there.  How are your plans coming along?

Hi Topshelf,

It was good meeting you too.  I've been w/ him everyday since I got here, and we regularly discuss information gleaned from this forum all the time.  We've become very close, and I know him very well.  I think his anonymity is safe, but I'll let him know tonight when I see him for dinner that he was mentioned.  I'm sure he'll be ok. 

Plans are proceeding.  I've paid the fee, and will be joining your ranks as a veteran in the very immediate future.

Good luck on your recovery.
TopShelf
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 03:59:16 PM »

Ok, I asked his permission via D a while back and he was quite clear to me.
So you are back in Germany?  Do you have surgery scheduled? 
Of all the people I met there, I think this is really going to change you so much for the better.  BadBoy is a confident, intelligent, good looking guy (no homo) and will be even better with a couple of inches of more height.  You are gonna kick ass, good luck and keep in touch.
badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »

No worries.  He is intensely private, but Betz talks about him (especially his age) to every prospective patient. However, I'm not going to divulge any more identifying info about him in this forum.

Wow, thanks very much for the compliments - I really appreciate the encouragement as I'm nervous as hell.  Yes, I'm back in Germany, and I'm locked and loaded for surgery in a couple days.  I took your advice and paid extra for a private hospital room, so I don't have to deal with snorers.
TopShelf
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:15 PM »

Excellent, I just hope there is a private room available.  Good for you, and good luck again.  It is a long road ahead but I know you have planned well.
How long will you stay?
Yes, Betz is proud of this patient, I thought he was making a mistake operating on him, but obviously he knows better than I.
Don't do that Skin Wave thing, waste of money and time. 
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

Actually, he's 70 years old, and he's still lengthening - he has about another month left.   He is Betz's oldest patient to date, and Betz told me he is one of his best.  He can walk almost normally (no duck-ass) and he has virtually no pain.  Patients more than half his age can't hold a candle next to him.   He also one of the the nicest people I've met here at Lebach. 

Thanks for bringing up the 70 year old LL'er. That's very good inspiration. Although I am 42 and I have never for one second changed my mind about having LL, I find it very inspiring hearing about 70 year olds out there having this surgery. My only regret though is not having this surgery much much sooner..to reap the full benfit of being taller. I am just very grateful I have been aging very well (so far)..and so it's never too late to have LL and the desire to be taller never does go away.

badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »

Excellent, I just hope there is a private room available.  Good for you, and good luck again.  It is a long road ahead but I know you have planned well.
How long will you stay?
Yes, Betz is proud of this patient, I thought he was making a mistake operating on him, but obviously he knows better than I.
Don't do that Skin Wave thing, waste of money and time. 

Thanks Topshelf. Betz confirmed a private room for me today, so I guess I lucked out.  I'm planning to stay about a month just like you, and then finish clicking back home. But my return date is open-ended, so I'm not leaving until I can easily click independently.

Yeah, I remember the Skin Wave thing that Betz took us to.  I was skeptical, and I remember it was too painful for D.

Galaxystar, 42 years is not old at all!  There is currently a female patient in her 50s that I'm sure I'll be meeting soon.

I've come to learn that age is not as important a determinant for success as a positive attitude from the start, even if you run into complications.  I met Tasmin, a beautiful young woman, who ran into a lot of rare complications that would faze most patients, but you would never know it if you see her - she is just always so cheerful and happy (search for her postings in this forum).  It has been my privilege to have met some of the most positive people in the planet here that span the entire age range, and they have all been supportive, encouraging and non-judgmental.  I will be drawing on their positive energy as I embark on my own LL journey in two days. 
skidude
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »

Are you going to start a diary badboy?
badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »

I'm undecided as I think it would be redundant to what has already been written.  I may share specific experiences or insights only if they differ from or haven't been covered in the existing diaries.
Tomas170cm
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 01:02:47 AM »

badboy, I think I can speak for all future LLers when I say that no diary addition is redundant. Everyone has a unique POV.
Plus, as many veterans have mentioned, it can be quite therapeutic for the person undergoing LL and you can at the same time draw support and cheers from this forum. But of course it's up to you and I wish you the very best!

I'm undecided as I think it would be redundant to what has already been written.  I may share specific experiences or insights only if they differ from or haven't been covered in the existing diaries.
prockprack
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »

I'm 19 ! And if all goes according to plan I'll be doing LL in about a year

*got my fingers crossed*
Andrew from NZ
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Beijing 2014 earliest

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:43 AM »

I'm 19 as well and I would say there's an 80% shot at me getting LL done before I'm 25 :)
blueturtle
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:31 AM »

22, turning 23 soon.  Currently in the process of applying for jobs, as I am fresh out of college.  Hopefully I can save for an entire year and go ahead with the operation before I turn 24, so I can enjoy the rest of my 20s.
lostboy2010
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 46

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »

I am 20 and I hope to have LL surgery before I turn 21.
Thix
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »

I'm 17 and studying my ass off so I can get into Uni, get a good career and save for it  Grin Meantime, while I'm in Uni, part-time work will do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.