MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 11:32:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leg Lengthening Timelines - How long does it take to do Leg Lengthening?  (Read 47947 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: February 18, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »

Leg Lengthening Timelines

Quite a few people have asked me to put my treatment summary into 'graphical' format because they cannot visualise the dates.

I have created this thread so that I can post graphical representations of how long the different techniques take, and what steps are involved.

I hope that this helps those of you who are a struggling with understanding how long LL takes - there is no major difference in the time that it will take to recover, whichever method you choose Smiley

The first is for the Beijing Institute, but I will construct others too, based on other people's diaries if no information is available from the doctors themselves.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:23:26 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »

Typical Leg Lengthening Timeline for the Beijing Institute of External Fixation

This diagram shows the typical timeline for someone lengthening 5cm using the combined Internal / External LON method practised by Professor Xia and his colleagues, assuming a 1 January 2008 start.

NB: Clearly, this assumes that there are no complications or other procedures necessary, the actual time taken will vary from person to person depending on their specific needs and situation.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 04:25:06 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »

Typical Leg Lengthening Timeline for ISKD with Dr. Dror Paley at the ICLL in Baltimore (USA)

This diagram shows the typical timeline for someone lengthening 5cm using the internal ISKD method employed by Dr. Dror Paley, assuming a 1 January 2008 start.

NB: Clearly, this assumes that there are no complications or other procedures necessary, the actual time taken will vary from person to person depending on their specific needs and situation.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 02:34:45 AM »

Typical Leg Lengthening Timeline for Albizzia with Professor Guichet, Marseille (France)

This diagram shows the typical timeline for someone lengthening 5cm using the internal Albizzia method employed by Professor Guichet, assuming a 1 January 2008 start.

Please also note that Dr Guichet requires a detailed psychological evaluation before surgery. He is currently suggesting that blood must be donated in his clinic 4-6 weeks before the operation to implant the nails, but some members have told us that this information is now out of date and so it is not included in the timeline.

Dr Guichet also requires that you do 180 days (6 months) of muscle-building before your operation. This is not reflected in the timeline, but should be factored in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 08:28:14 PM by MMT Admin » Logged

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »

Typical Leg Lengthening Timeline for Fitbone with Professor Betz, Therapiezentrum Martinsm?hle (Germany)

This diagram shows the typical timeline for someone lengthening 5cm using the internal Fitbone method employed by Professor Dr Betz assuming a 1 January 2008 start.

For those interested in the time, this seems to be one of the fastest treatment regimes available, with Professor Dr Betz suggesting that patients can return home in as little as 3 months, depending how much time they spend in the consolidation phase.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.