MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:27:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Femurs7cm - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2009 - My journey in France  (Read 20582 times)
femurs7cm
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 9

« on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »

hi everyone,

i am starting a diary about my surgery in marseille with dr. guichet.

i am currently in paris doing cybex training to get muscle boosting on my leg so that i am prepared before surgery.

My surgery date is this friday april 24, 2009 !

i am very excited an also nervous at the same time. if there is anyone that is coming down for surgery anytime soon message me. some support would be great! wish me the best!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:19:52 AM by SysOp » Logged
femurs7cm
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 9

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:32:19 PM »

hi everyone,

forgot to mention some stats about myself.

Height: 168 cm
hometown: Calgary, Alberta
Gain hoping to achieve: 7- 7.5 cm

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »

Good luck!

Chump
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »

Hi,
Good luck with your journey. I came back from there recently and im doing great. The results have no doubt changed my life! It has lived up to all expectations. My advice is; do the training every day and do exactly what the doctor tells you to do even if you dont feel like it. Also stick to your goal of 7-7.5cm. Feel free to ask me any questions you like, weather by pm or on this board.
femurs7cm
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 9

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »

Hi,
Good luck with your journey. I came back from there recently and im doing great. The results have no doubt changed my life! It has lived up to all expectations. My advice is; do the training every day and do exactly what the doctor tells you to do even if you dont feel like it. Also stick to your goal of 7-7.5cm. Feel free to ask me any questions you like, weather by pm or on this board.

hey thanks chump. things are good good so far. a little painful at night but i figured out to calm it down with a hot a cold shower. 1" taller already and its only 8 days after surgery ! yeah.

just wondering if you are walking without crutches right now? if so how long after lengthening before that is possible.

ttyl
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:22 AM »

I'm glad that the first operation went well; I hope that the pain subsides soon!

Cheers, MMT

Argurios
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »

Hi femur7cm. Congratulations on your opportunity to lengthen with Guichet, and the 1 inch you already gained  Grin.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for the operation with Guichet, and did any of that include accomodations? I heard that Dr. Guichet charges 40 000 euros, but he didn't state whether that cost included accomodations, he just said that "it depends". Thanks for the replies, and good luck with the lengthening!
femurs7cm
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 9

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 05:38:56 PM »

May 6

its been 11 days since my operation.

2.4 cm gain.

i just started going down from 21 clicks to 15 clicks today.

so far everything is going well. ( keep my fingers cross) the only issue i have is pain and stiff legs at night which wakes me up atleast once a night. i usually deal with this using a hot and cold shower and then fall back asleep. kinda of annoying having 3 showers a day but this is something i can deal.

4.6 cm to go ( 46 days)

i can't wait til i hit 5 cm. i really miss home!

femurs7cm
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 9

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 05:42:48 PM »

Hi femur7cm. Congratulations on your opportunity to lengthen with Guichet, and the 1 inch you already gained  Grin.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for the operation with Guichet, and did any of that include accomodations? I heard that Dr. Guichet charges 40 000 euros, but he didn't state whether that cost included accomodations, he just said that "it depends". Thanks for the replies, and good luck with the lengthening!

hi Argurios,

i signed a confidential agreement with Dr. G prior to surgery so i cant disclose price. however accomodation is only 1100 euros per month and it is in a brand new modern building. its beautiful here in marseille. if i my legs were normal again i would be out hitting up the beach or partying it up here. can't wait til this done!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »

Glad that it is going well, f7 - I hope that the pain subsides too!

Bumped you up to the Trooper club Smiley

MMT

Chump
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »

Hi, yes the cold shower at night was my trick aswell (however I did just spray my legs). I found it a lot more effective than just riding the bike. Yes I walk without crutches now and walking is getting very good the last couple of weeks. I go out dancing all night long aswell every weekend so legs must be holding up prety well. I started walking without crutches 3-4 weeks after lengthening. Keep up the hard work and possitive attitude and im sure you will get similar results.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:03 AM »

Chump, it would be great to learn more about your experiences too - can you tell us about your journey?

Chri123
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 16

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 05:53:31 AM »

May 6

its been 11 days since my operation.

2.4 cm gain.

i just started going down from 21 clicks to 15 clicks today.

so far everything is going well. ( keep my fingers cross) the only issue i have is pain and stiff legs at night which wakes me up atleast once a night. i usually deal with this using a hot and cold shower and then fall back asleep. kinda of annoying having 3 showers a day but this is something i can deal.

4.6 cm to go ( 46 days)

i can't wait til i hit 5 cm. i really miss home!

Whoa, how do you gain 2.4cm in 11 days???
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:57:15 AM by Chri123 » Logged
jasonbourne
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

Whoa, how do you gain 2.4cm in 11 days???

With Guichet you start out doing 21 clicks a day since the muscles have more to give. If you do the math it adds up: 21 clicks a day * 10 days = 14 mm + initial distraction of 10mm = 24 mm = 2.4cm in 11 days Wink

This is where it started for me. This is where it ends.
bba
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »

hi femur7,

congratulation on your op. it seems you're doing great!

i've read that you are walking without crutches already, this is amazing!

are you using the new nail that dr guichet launched? is it much bette than the last one?

keep the gerat work!

regards

BBA
sebastian
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 09:09:43 AM »

Hey,
Sounds like you are making solid progress. I was wondering, what stretches / exercises did Guichet have you do pre-op / in preparation?
Thanks,
-Seb
dosurg
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 06:12:16 PM »

Hi Chump,

Thank you so much for your comments. Just wondering, how long after consolidation were you able to run? If everything goes well (as well as expected from LL), can one ever be able to run 5 miles or even longer?? Thank you so much.  Anyone who knows, please feel free to answer... Thanks
bambi
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:30 AM »

Does anyone have the address for serge's personal training studio or does he have a web site?
badboy
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 134

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »

Does anyone have the address for serge's personal training studio or does he have a web site?

I think Serge Conesa just works at the Olympique de Marseille (French Football Club), as his main job is the fitness coach for the entire soccer team.  In my correspondence with Dr. Guichet, he seems to really tout Serge's credentials as the personal trainer for his patients, and recommends 1-2 sessions with him per day.  Note that I read he was born in 1950, so he's almost 60 years old, if this info is accurate!  That's seems kind of old for a personal trainer.  Anyway, here's the address, phone number, and Web site of the Olympique de Marseille:

La Commanderie
33 traverse La Martine BP 108
13425 MARSEILLE Cedex 12
Tel : 04 91 76 56 09
Fax : 04 91 76 07 17
http://www.om.net/

If you do contact him, I would be interested to know what he charges. 

femurs7cm or Chump or Jamee, did any of you use Serge?

Chump
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 02:30:13 PM »

Hi, yes I used Serge and his team once a day. Serge is not 60 he is 42 and a very fit 42 year old. They do the training down a local gym which is near the accomodation that Dr Guichet reccomends. I am only 3 months post lengthening and my walking is like normal most of the time. I do not do it regular but a have run a couple of times on the running machine plus im back to work climbing up ladders and carrying heavy objects. My results are exactly what I hoped for and this is why I went with Dr Guichet. His organisation skills/service is not the best and so you have to be very motivated and organised but the way he carries out the procedure and the protocalls he gives you in my opinion are by far the best and that is why I have had the results ive had. Not to mention I pushed myself every step of the way and always had a smile on my face. That for me was the trick, remember that this is a dream you are pushing for that is becoming ever closer to reality and so embrace the pain that comes with it because then you know you have worked for it and deserve it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.