MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stewie Griffin - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2007 - My Quest in Beijing  (Read 89717 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »

hi stewie,
i will be the senior western patient in the hospital when you arrive. Which means, you must bring me offerings, of fruit,wine..and whores. You must also kill a fellow paitent, before i can give you membership to the 'disabled hells angels' club.
have a safe trip. see you soon.
-sober

SG, he's serious - he's been waiting for the day that he'd be the senior patient for a long time and he is going to milk it!  Grin

stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »

hi stewie,
i will be the senior western patient in the hospital when you arrive. Which means, you must bring me offerings, of fruit,wine..and whores. You must also kill a fellow paitent, before i can give you membership to the 'disabled hells angels' club.
have a safe trip. see you soon.
-sober

Things I have to do to prove myself to be worthy! Hehe

I guess fruits and wine wouldn't be a problem but I'll have to negotiate the pricing with the pimp for the whores especially if I want one to accompany me to China. They're quite expensive these days!! Let me know the flavor (vanilla, chocolate, mocha) you prefer and I'll see what I can do.  Wink

Went from 163cm (5'4) to 171cm (5'7) in Beijing!
stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »

SG, he's serious - he's been waiting for the day that he'd be the senior patient for a long time and he is going to milk it!  Grin

...its the cycle of life my friend  Grin

stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »

Got my Visa today. 4 days of work left. Now I'm pretty much packing up. Its funny how quickly the time came. I remember just 5 weekends ago I was thinking that it's going to be a long wait but its like, days just slipped by and I'm flying to China next Tuesday. 18 hours of non-stop flight from Toronto to Beijing should be interesting.  Smiley

Sg

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33:04 PM »

Hey Stewie, are you US or Canadian ??
Where did you get the Visa from ?

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
sna78
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 240

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »

That really made my day  Grin Sober42long you are one funny guy
stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 10:33:53 PM »

Hey Stewie, are you US or Canadian ??
Where did you get the Visa from ?

Canadian. Got it from the Consulate of China office in downtown.

Sg

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 02:09:16 AM »

Got my Visa today. 4 days of work left. Now I'm pretty much packing up. Its funny how quickly the time came. I remember just 5 weekends ago I was thinking that it's going to be a long wait but its like, days just slipped by and I'm flying to China next Tuesday. 18 hours of non-stop flight from Toronto to Beijing should be interesting.  Smiley

Sg

Hey Sg,
I've been here for about a month and a half and throughout everything, going all the way back to when I first had the idea to LL, has been somewhat of a blur. Even veterans report everything turning into fuzzy memories soon after they are done with their time here.

Bad days, good days and everything in between all go by. No matter how expanded time seems during the moments of experiencing them in retrospect I think everyone will feel the way you do right now in the end. Which is cool because what I'm doing here is "paying dues" to obtain a deeply desired goal. It's all business here for me. These aren't the memories I want stored between thoughts of family, friends and lovers. At best these will be the memories that will remind me of the strength and determination I had to accomplish something huge.

3 inches of height will have a big impact no matter what one's current height, but if you are in the 5 foot range (the most noticeable transitional range) it can totally bump you out of a height category. It can make a short person into neutral/average height person and an average height person seem relatively tall.

stewie_griffin
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 305

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »

Hey Sg,
I've been here for about a month and a half and throughout everything, going all the way back to when...

You're absolutely right man. Worry and fear of this surgery is pretty much the last thing on my mind right now. I'm coming to Beijing with a very positive attitude and the realization that this is it and that I'll have a completely new lifestyle once I've gained those extra inches. I'd rather live thru a few months of pain and discomfort than feel miserable about my short height my entire life.

Sg

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 04:23:46 AM »

I'd rather live thru a few months of pain and discomfort than feel miserable about my short height my entire life.

Well put. That one sentence is what it all boiled down to for me.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:47:31 AM by mysteryman » Logged
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 08:06:39 PM »

Just checking to see whats going on.
You left yet ??

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 04:01:30 AM »

hey SG,
how are you going there? you must be in Beijing by now,right?

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 02:31:44 AM »

Hey Stewie,

My source's tell me you have arrived in the hospital, are you still going to go through with the operation? and if you are best of luck to you.

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »

hi MM,
now you've removed your frame, can you take a picture of your legs to show us ? 10 cm is amazing !
Thanks

mysteryman
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 535

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:07 PM »

hi MM,
now you've removed your frame, can you take a picture of your legs to show us ? 10 cm is amazing !
Thanks

Yes, i'll get some pictures tommorow, i only did 8.5cm on the legs though. I got an extra 1.75cm, either by growing or making my posture better.

MMT Moderator/Photoshop Guru
Leg Lengthening Veteran
Went from 165cm to 175.25cm in Beijing!
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »

SG, I want to catch up with you in Beijing next week if you don't mind. How do we identify each other? PM me your real name so that I could ask the doc/nurse if that's ok to you.
Thanks

llquestioner
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 09:38:36 PM »

hey how much extra money are you bringing on your trip ,do you think a 1000$ is good enof. i cant imagin what i would need exept food.
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »

besides food, you will need entertainment (DVD, music, internet,going out with friends if possible). Add that to the cost as well.

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 12:23:14 AM »

hey how much extra money are you bringing on your trip ,do you think a 1000$ is good enof. i cant imagin what i would need exept food.

I don't think that $1000 is enough for six months overseas. I think that, ideally, you would want at least $500 per month to live comfortably, and $300 if you are on a tight budget.

MMT

llquestioner
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 01:36:36 AM »

well what did you spend your money on monthly , can you give me an idea of if extra money is nessisary.Was it stuff you needed or wanted bc you where bored .I dont understand how i will be spending money when i am in a hospital for 6 months barely able to walk.The hospital says that they have a package deal , doesnt the hospital pay for your ride to and from the airport, soap ,toothpaste, basic food,laundry,painkillers,ect.I am on a tight budget , i am pritty young most of the people here seem to be  older and have good paying jobs. I have about 20,800 after plane ticket.I am debateing to keep working or to leave asap within the next month. Your imput is great to me and is highly apprishiated. Thank you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.