MMT Community
September 25, 2017, 11:36:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHS United Kingdom Paediatric Arm Lengthening Official Guide  (Read 55708 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« on: May 07, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »

This is very interesting document, designed for children, but it does provide some useful information:

http://www.noc.nhs.uk/limbreconstruction/information/documents/paediatric-arm-lengthening-booklet.pdf

WTBT2007
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »

LMAO I thought the dog was real.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »

Yes, I had to look twice to be sure!

goman
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 01:40:18 AM »

Woah!

charliewatts
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »

Interesting that swimming is allowed with the frame on.
WTBT2007
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »

yeah i was wondering about that too. i thought you weren't even allowed to get those pin sites wet?? besides, you know how at public swimming pools they have signs saying that no one with an open wound or a bandaid on can enter the pool? hmm...
Black_Star
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »

Very cute article. It would be cool if Dr. Xia made something similar. Just out of curiosity, is there the same stigma with AL as there is with LL?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »

I know that therapeutic pools in NHS hospitals have sterile conditions, but I'm not sure if this guide was intended just for those...

beast
MMT Member

Credibility -6

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »

Very good article and it shows getting the lengthening done on the forearm as well.  Very interesting. 
jay5252
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 05:48:06 PM »

good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.