MMT Community
April 24, 2017, 05:05:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctors, medical specialty or clinics that do correction of leg deformities  (Read 11514 times)
hialeah
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« on: May 27, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »

Hi,
I'm trying to research surgery for the correction of my knees and have a few questions.

1. What medical specialty should I look under?
2. Do most of the doctors that do LL also do alignment correction?
3. Is there a list of doctors and/or clinics that specialize in this and if so where can I find this information?

I've emailed a few doctors and have not yet gotten a response. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
AV8R
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »

I've e-mailed docs in the U.S. with no response after several weeks.  Were you e-mailing U.S. docs?

hialeah
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »

I've e-mailed docs in the U.S. with no response after several weeks.  Were you e-mailing U.S. docs?

The US doctors I've emailed have yet to contact me either and it's been at least two weeks. One is local and another is out-of-state. I've contacted a LL doctor in China and one in the Ukraine and both have responded. I also contacted a LL doctor in Germany but haven't heard from him yet. I don't have much info about any of these doctors or their procedures because I've just started corresponding with them.
Ladisten
Ladisten Clinic Online Representative
LL Marketer
MMT Member

Credibility 162

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »

The US doctors I've emailed have yet to contact me either and it's been at least two weeks. One is local and another is out-of-state. I've contacted a LL doctor in China and one in the Ukraine and both have responded. I also contacted a LL doctor in Germany but haven't heard from him yet. I don't have much info about any of these doctors or their procedures because I've just started corresponding with them.
Let me know if I can be of help, I can provide feedback to any of your concerns virtually right away if you address them.
Thanks,
Ladisten

Ladisten Clinic
Limb Lengthening, Bow Legs and Knock Knees Correction
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:16:35 PM »

Unfortunately, you'll find the the doctors in America will often spend most of their time working on really serious cases of deformity, rather than a cosmetic desire to fix things like bowing.

In the UK, I'm aware of only one or two clinics that do correction for things like bowing without a referral from a family doctor, and I suspect that it could be the same in America.

hialeah
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 01:23:41 AM »

Unfortunately, you'll find the the doctors in America will often spend most of their time working on really serious cases of deformity, rather than a cosmetic desire to fix things like bowing.

Thanks for this info. I'm finding out this myself. I've contacted the doctor you used in China and he's been very helpful. I saw in your LL diary that you had LA (leg alignment) along with  your LL. I know you got an increase in height with it but I'd like to know if you noticed any therapeutic benefit from the LA surgery. Thanks!
Bruce
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 231

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 04:30:30 AM »

In the UK, I'm aware of only one or two clinics that do correction for things like bowing without a referral from a family doctor, and I suspect that it could be the same in America.

You are right, believe it or not, in Australia nobody does bow leg correction.
zaja
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

Hi veryone. . . . . thk you mmt admin. . . . . . fr acceptin my request. . . . and great work . . . i found your website more interesting than even googleing legcorrection. . .

I have bow leg . . . . and very recently i came to knw about th treatment. . . firstly i have nevr talked about it to anyone. . . not even my parents. . . . but i want to get it corrected
how should i proceed towards the treatment . . . any suggestionzzz. . . bless all
ACB
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »

Quote from: MMTA link=topic=2224. msg25816#msg25816 date=1243538195

Could you please provide the details of these two UK Clinics
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 01:24:06 AM »

Could you please provide the details of these two UK Clinics

MMTA(MMT-creator) is not around in here anymore.

You have to search them yourself. It's easy on the Internet.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
Natalia Ilizarov Center
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 10:05:01 AM »

Ilizarov Center in Russia performs bowleg correction.
It is a renowned orthopaedic hospital and research center.
Orthopaedic surgeons from UK, USA, Japan and other countries come to the Ilizarov Center for training.
JohnKeogh
MMT Member

Credibility -3

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »

Ilizarov Center in Russia performs bowleg correction.
It is a renowned orthopaedic hospital and research center.
Orthopaedic surgeons from UK, USA, Japan and other countries come to the Ilizarov Center for training.

If you guys used nails, you would have more leg lengthening patients. Doesn't it take like 8 or 9 months to lengthen and consolidate with your methods?
Jay5231
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »

Hi to all members of this forums!!! I ll tell you my experience of my correction of my shape of my legs.

I am French, with bilateral genu valgum of 7° and strong femoral anteversion (32°).  I always have pain on my intern side close to my knee because of strong anteversion femoral and it was very difficult for me to run because of muscular pain and very bad balance too.  Anyway, I will have to stay for this bone problem, I wanted to make lengthening on my tibia of about 4cms at the same time.

I consulted in severals contries and finnaly choosed to go to Armenia with Dr Mirzoyan and his staff.  I have talked with Dr Mirzoyan during one year before decide to make surgery, here, in Armenia at YCLLR (Yerevan Center of Limb lengthening and reconstruction).
I arrived in 14 January 2015 in Yerevan for surgery of both leg.  They took time to understand where came from my problems and decided the better solution for me.  In first time, when they checked my legs in a machine, they observed that it was too dangerous to make me a tibia lengthening because of a previous surgery in order to reconstruct my cruciate ligament of my left knee.  So, Dr Mirzoyan and his staff decided to make surgery on my right femur with Ilizarov device to correct anteversion in one time, and after, on my own correct my genu valgum gradually during 10 days.  In order to make me stay no much time for treatment, after 45 days they put me lateral device on my right femur to keep my right femur strong and already begin surgery on leg femur with the same procedure.  Because two Illizarov device on femurs is bulky, it was a good decision to use lateral device because even with 2 devices (Ilizarov on left femur and lateral device on right femur) it was possible to walk.  Make flexion was difficult because of muscular pain, but with friendly and good physiotherapist, even with the Ilizarov device, I was able to reach a flexion of 45°.  One week after they took off the 2 devices, I was able to reach close to 80/90° of flexion.

So now, the pain I had before surgery because of strong femoral is gone.  I will be able to run and stay in stand up position without muscular pain.  Now ten days after they took off the 2 device i can already run a little and i have no pain at all :) :) :).  One others things was good, if you need something to buy, persons will go buy for you and doctors are friendly.  Personally, my case wasn’t simple and they did a very good surgery, so I recommend this center for correction of leg deformities.

Jay5231
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:22 AM »

Antonina
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »

The International Centre of Anthropometrical (Orthopaedical) Cosmetology and Correction offers the unique possibility to correct  bow legs and knock knees
We succeeded to significantly reduce the period of treatment and the risk of complications during the treatment.  It takes only 8-9 weeks from surgery to the moment when the person is able to walk freely.  The scars left by the needles are only 2-3 cm long and get invisible after a few months.  Our patients start walking on the 3d day after the operation and soon don’t need crutches to walk.   
It is notable that the very process of correction is stepwise and lasts 7 - 14 days.  Correction  goes on up to the moment when both  the surgeon and the patient agree that the best esthetic result has been obtained.
For correction the apparatus for external fixation designed in our Center is used.  The frames are fixed on both legs during the operation.  Besides being cosmetic, correction surgery prevents problems with joints which often arise in bow-legged people with age.  The knee joints bear two thirds of a person’s weight and straight legs help evenly distribute the weight by correcting the axis.   
During treatment we use a special computer system for surgery planning and determining individual parameters of dynamic characteristics of the frames.
For more information or making an appointment with our doctors, please, write to Antonina info5@rucosm. com.
www. facebook. com/rucosm
hxxp: www. rucosm. com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.