MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:49:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brother - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - Following the Beijing trail!  (Read 39608 times)
Babii Namki
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »

hey brother how is ur leg doing?
 i have a question for u. Did u pay for the surgery by cash or traveler checks. How much traveler checks can u bring out of america besides the maximum of $10000USD ?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »

hey brother how is ur leg doing?
 i have a question for u. Did u pay for the surgery by cash or traveler checks. How much traveler checks can u bring out of america besides the maximum of $10000USD ?

You pay by transferring the money to the hospital. Explained in several diaries, including mine.

brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 02:45:47 AM »

Hello

I have my second x-ray 14 days post LL.  The good news is that both legs now have a gap between the bones and there is new bone growth formation within each gap.  This is really a most significant hurdle to clear otherwise I might have had to have some corrective surgery. 

The not so good news is that I am experiencing a lot of knee pain, particularly in the left knee.  Both knees are swollen and it is very painful to bend.  Also, the doctors are not very agreeable to pain medication except some tramadol at night.  During the daytime Bayer Aspirin plus C will relieve the pain, but aspirin is very difficult to get after you have surgery because one really cannot leave the hospital.  Ronne is trying to get some for me.

I will still continue to make 4 turns per day to increase the bone gap.  I have to exercise and stand with walker and the doctors think the pain will subside.  Much easier said than done.  All things considered, my situation is good and that encourages me.

jennyem
Lurker

Credibility -5

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 11:52:22 PM »

does anyone have any idea where brother11 is? was reading his diary and find it quite strange that he's suddenly disappeared and stopped posting updates!!!!hopefully all is well with him! Shocked
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 11:54:21 PM »

Yes, it would be good to get an update from brother11 - my guess is that he is finding it hard to cope with the pain, but let's hope that he comes back to update us soon Smiley

sakis
LL Trooper
MMT Contributor

Credibility 74

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 11:54:46 PM »

hey brother, good luck man,,
dont worry about the pain,,it comes and goes alone,,,you will discover pain in many differnt areas of the legs,,,
tramadol is a strong painkiller,,,try to talk to your doctor about other painkiller, which are not so strong as tramadol,
for example:  voltaren, proximol, novalgin, novamin-sulfun(what i used),paracetamol and many others...just try to talk to your doctor about it...
Sashimi
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 01:53:05 AM »

I will see you in about a month or 2 brother11 !!!
PAPAMONTSE
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »

mmt did u have ur surgery done by dr xia hetao himself?im considering using him to do mine 
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 10:52:34 PM »

mmt did u have ur surgery done by dr xia hetao himself?im considering using him to do mine 

If you read my diary, you can find out!

spy
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »

Quote from: jennyem link=topic=2349. msg28115#msg28115 date=1248047542
does anyone have any idea where brother11 is? was reading his diary and find it quite strange that he's suddenly disappeared and stopped posting updates!!!!hopefully all is well with him! Shocked

Yes, his brother00.  Lets start a quest.  Whoever finds brother11 wins 10,000 offered by jennyem.  Kiss
willbetaller
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »

Are u the Italian guy? Cheesy Waiting for that 10 grand  Tongue
sparky11
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »

Still no word from brother11?? :o
I hope he's doing fine.  It would be nice to hear an update if you have time.  Good luck!
NeilSmith123
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »

O brother, where art thou?

I WILL be 6'2''
xspixie
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »

When you emailed Beijing, how long did it take for a reply. . .
I sent my email regarding lengthening femur a few days ago but still have not heard back from them

Thanks
eye2eye
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 04:53:01 AM »

Based on my experience, they will respond after you e-mail a second time because it shows commitment (and also possibly because I mentioned that I was an MMT member on my second go-round).
Android
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

Is Brother okay?  Did he private message anyone to let them know he was going to stop posting?

It's scary to us potential LLer's when people disappear in far off lands. Sad
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »

Is Brother okay?  Did he private message anyone to let them know he was going to stop posting?

It's scary to us potential LLer's when people disappear in far off lands. Sad

Hi Android-

I messaged a member awhile back about Brother and I don't remember, either he had no knowledge of him or didnt have information about him. From his diary he seemed home sick, but also, I remember he was having really bad knee swelling. So who really knows. Too bad he didn't finish sharing his story. On the bright side, it looks like he signed on to the site, just last month.

Android
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2010, 03:35:40 AM »

Yeah, I'm really trying to figure this stuff out.  I was all set to do this procedure with Dr. Betz, but he's not going to be able to fix my leg bowing so I've been looking into Beijing now.

I just want to make sure I'm walking into a somewhat safe situation.  I don't see too many horror stories on this website so that's reassuring.  But I wonder if the patients with horror stories would even have the time or desire to post their stories on a website. 

If I were incredibly hurt from LL, I'd probably just be focusing on trying to heal myself.
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »

Before I left Beijing, there was patient who had returned from Canada because his nails broke, lost height and legs deformed. It was one of the two case that I know that Beijing was the place for the original surgery. But there many reasons the individual had to come back, unfortunately he is not writing a diary for us to understand the reasons clearly.

Overall, you will not be disappointed in Beijing, I was just there and had my bow correction done. So far everthing is going smoothly.

Halo
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I stop posting because many patients were having bone non-union issues in 2009.  The doctors decided to make two cuts per limb to resolve that situation.  I was unsure about how my bone was growing and so were other patients so, I did not post any information negative or positive because I wanted the hospital, doctors, nurses, maids, and chef to like me and help me if I had complications.  

They all helped me very much!!!  Especially Ronne my dear friend,  Dr. Zhao and Dr. Peng took excellent care of me.  My wonderful maid Ham, who is the best and any patient who is assigned to her is very fortunate indeed.

I was able to lengthen 7.8 cm.  My frames were removed February 2010 and I still have internal rods.  I am attending university.  I still have slight knee pain where the rods are located at the tip of the tibias.  I am not sure when I will return to Beijing to remove them because of my school schedule but, I believe my bones have probably consolidated fully.  I do not expect to have another x-ray until I decide to return to Beijing.  Definitely get your x-ray before you return because I had two roomates that did not and had to return home with rods and come back six months later.  It was really great to meet them.  The bed beside me was empty often so, several people were placed there for a few nights and I got to meet other LLrs of varying stages.

My eventual permanent roomate was the absolute best ever.  Our routines were in sync and we stayed mostly on the internet.  We did not become BFFs but we gave each other the greatest respect.  When I went home, I left him an English to Chinese translation booklett on his nightstand to help communicate with our maid.  If you read this, I hope you are doing very well!

Ronne allowed me flight home for 3 months of the Lengthening phase to be with my grandmother.  The lengthening phase for me was 9 months total.   Grandma passed from me January 2011 and I miss her completely.

I do not run, but am able to walk pretty fast..  It takes a minute to get my feet flat on the floor first thing in the morning.

I am happy with the results.  I would do it all again.

yours Brother11
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.