MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brother - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - Following the Beijing trail!  (Read 39611 times)
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 04:29:30 AM »

Hey brother11,

Welcome back!  A big congrats on finishing your journey Smiley  I envy you so much.

Like many others on the board, I was really getting worried about why you stopped updating.  Obviously you're not obligated to inform us in any way, but was a little anxious to find out how you were doing.

You said your entire lengthening phase was 9 months, but you had your frames removed by February 2010.  Did you mean it took 9 months from day of the op to being able to walk normally?  Sorry if I misunderstood.

Finally, how would you rate how difficult the entire LL journey has been?  For former tibias lengtheners in Beijing, I've heard a lot of different opinions: from people like MMT saying it was actually an enjoyable time of their life, to others who say it was the most difficult thing they've done, and even others regret going through it entirely.  How was it for you?  

Thanks, brother11.
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:47 AM »

Thank you for the update brother11,

Did you had complications that caused the lengthening phase longer?
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

Hi Luffy,

I did have complications.  I had an excessive amount of knee pain in the beginning.  I still have knee pain were the internal rods stick out at the knees.  But mostly the pins in my left heel were not inserted into the bone so, everytime I tried to exercise they tore the flesh open and swelled on the verge of infection.  This was not discovered until very late in the LL phase. 

The docs did remove and reinsert the pins and I had to 8 pound sandbag both knees all day 8 to 10 hours everyday for four months as I continued lengthening to compensate for bent knees due to not being able to exercise and adjust the ankle springs because the pins were unstable.

I did 3 months of my lengthening at home because my grandmother was ill.  I lost her this January so I am glad I came home to be with her.  Nevertheless, I do not recommend leaving the hospital unless you have a sick family member or some extreme circumstance.  One really should stay with the doctors.

brother
Roc
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 107

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »

Brother,

Sorry to hear about your loss; yeah, it's must've nice to be able to spend more time with your grandmother before she departed.

Thanks for the update.  How is life after LL? I'm in bed 20 right now and was wondering how things are post 2nd op.

Best of luck
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »

Well, Life after LL

I am 5 feet 10 inches tall after lengthening.  This is the new average height for men in United States of America.  Height is the first criteria men are judged by, then skin color, then attractiveness or looks (handsome or not).  I am absolutely opposed to these prejudices.  I can not change the world so, I could change me with LL and then escape the radar of discrimination.

I totally love my new height.  I actually like being average.  It makes me acceptable without being threatening in any way.  My scars are very minimal.  I have light skin, most of the year, and my scars are thin and white as if I fell and scraped my knees. 

I do not run.  I can carry heavy loads.  A recent hurricane fell some large trees in my yard, so I used a chainsaw to cut them into logs and carried them to a pile and burned them.  I climb stairs with a bag full of school books.  Some days the internal rods disagree with my body and I have some pain.  I believe pain will not be an issue after the rods are removed.

I did fall in love with China.  I was homesick for my family while I was there, but I really, really liked the people I met.  They are so naturally beautiful.  Even people outside of the hospital were kind to me like other shoppers in Wal Mart.  Some kids in the Airport were amazing; especially since Michael J.  They were singing his songs and offering me food and water.

My heart has not healed since I lost the only person who loved me for who I truly am.  I will have to achieve success in every way in her honor.  This will take more time.  It helps being taller!!!
najoo
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Beijing soon.  I email them 3 times but no reply.  Does anybody has their phone Number, no phone number is listed on their website. .

Thank you!
cdrom
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Beijing soon.  I email them 3 times but no reply.  Does anybody has their phone Number, no phone number is listed on their website. .

Thank you!

Send email to leglengthening@yahoo.com.cn.  We would love to see you here hangng out with us.
najoo
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am checking the requirements for the visa from my country and here is what I found on the China embassy website:

Visa Fee, Validity, & Duration of Stay

Unless the applicant specifies his/her request on the application form and obtains approval from the consular officers, the validity of the visa is generally 3 months, with the duration of stay being up to 30 days.

Did anybody face this requirement when applying for the visa. . .  Any thoughts ?

Thank you!

LeJon
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2011, 10:05:34 AM »

Thanks for the update brother!! It's been so long since your last post.  Hope your doing well.  :)
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »

Hello Friends,

I am returning to Beijing mid February 2012.  My bones have consolidated enough to have the rods removed.

Brother11
Wishtobe5ft9
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »

awesome brother, looks good.Hows your walking?

how long after your frames were removed were you able to walk normally? like without ppl noticing you limp

30 year old East Indian
166cm
150lbs
B.S. Mathematics
M.D. Internal Medicine Practice in Texas
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »

Very nice xray brother. So that's 2 years after frame removal ?
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

Hey

My frames were removed on Feb 2010.  I used an office chair at home and a wheelchair when we went into the city.  I was walking at school with crutches in May 2010.  I did not need crutches in August 2010 and if I walked slowly I did not limp.  Sometimes I would do more heavy lifting than I should because of life's demands and then my knees or screws or rods would be sore for the next few days and eventually I would get to feeling better.  Sometimes I was sure I broke a screw or something, but the Dec. 2011 shows everything is straight.  Even my legs are much straighter than before surgery and (to me) they actually look much better.  I hardly notice any scars.  I have to look very closely to see them.

This is really an extreme surgery to be considered with deep thought.  I would do the tibia surgery again.  I have decided that I will not seek a second surgery on femurs.  I am satisfied with my height.  I can accept being normal height.

Now, I am hoping that my legs (especially knees) will feel much better with rods removed.

Brother11
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »

Nice x-rays. Your bones definitely look like they are finished consolidating. Congrats.
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »

I will arrive in Beijing Feb.15th and plan to leave on 25th .   One should make sure bone is consolidated all the way round by Left and Right lateral xrays before returning to the hospital.

Brother11
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »

Check this out - no bone!!!

The first thing I saw when I woke up after surgery.  I screamed Help!  Somebody Help!  I kicked, I screamed Help!

The nurses and doctor calmed me down.  I was disoriented.

This was my favorite breakfast.  Almost everyday the same.  I liked it.  I gave my eggs to my maid, she liked them.  She was wonderful.

Brother11
brother11
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 110

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 08:16:49 PM »

Hello -  since I am going back to the hospital soon, I thought I would try to present an image of my legs before surgery and then after surgery.  I wanted to do them standing, but my computer crashed and I lost some images.  These are like at the beach were one would find you frequently in such position.  

These pics are only for medical pre and post surgery reference.

This is a pic my legs before surgery.

This is a pic of my legs after surgery.

I hope you all will find this helpful in some way.

Brother11
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.