MMT Community
August 23, 2017, 09:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think I'm bowlegged  (Read 38281 times)
cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« on: July 09, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »

Do you think my legs are a little bent/crooked? It looks as if they are to me.

Please look closely and tell me what you think. If so, do you think they can be corrected/straightened to make me noticeably taller? I'm 5'7.25 feet, btw.

Thanks.
sakis
LL Trooper
MMT Contributor

Credibility 74

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »

hmm,,looks normal for me...but try to talk to a doctor,and do some x-rays
Ladisten
Ladisten Clinic Online Representative
LL Marketer
MMT Member

Credibility 162

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

Do you think my legs are a little bent/crooked? It looks as if they are to me.

Please look closely and tell me what you think. If so, do you think they can be corrected/straightened to make me noticeably taller? I'm 5'7.25 feet, btw.

Thanks.
Hello, can you provide photos when standing? If you can, it would help. Do you also have X-rays btw?
Thanks,
L

Ladisten Clinic
Limb Lengthening, Bow Legs and Knock Knees Correction
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

You obviously cannot tell unless you are standing up Smiley

No one can tell if you're bow-legged from these photos... It is not just about your legs, but the angle of your ankles and feet as well.

cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »

Okay, here's a pic of me standing up. Certainly my left leg looks a lil curved at the knee and the right one too!

Can anyone tell me who much of a height increase I could get if I were to correct this?

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »

Okay, here's a pic of me standing up. Certainly my left leg looks a lil curved at the knee and the right one too!

Can anyone tell me who much of a height increase I could get if I were to correct this?

You're not likely to get any height increase from correction as your legs are not particularly badly bowed.

cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »

You're not likely to get any height increase from correction as your legs are not particularly badly bowed.

Though they are indeed bowed right? If not, why are my legs slanted around the knee/femur area, giving my legs a curved impression.

Could this be a slight form of knock-knees? Surely something's wrong with them, just can't diagnose anything!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »

Though they are indeed bowed right? If not, why are my legs slanted around the knee/femur area, giving my legs a curved impression.

Could this be a slight form of knock-knees? Surely something's wrong with them, just can't diagnose anything!

I'm confused as to what you think is wrong?

Bowing is when you knees are very far apart when you feet are together - you don't seem to have that at all.

If you don't like the way that your legs look, then that's slightly different, but they look pretty normal to me.

You've got very muscular thighs, so that may make them look different, but is how your legs are causing you a problem of some kind?

Ladisten
LL Marketer
MMT Member

Credibility 162

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 03:13:15 PM »

Okay, here's a pic of me standing up.

While asking you to stand up, I did not expect you would stand this way - it's about 20 - 25 cm between your legs now.
Please stand in a way this guy does, if possible, and I can tell you with high level of probability then.

Thanks.

Ladisten Clinic
cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »

Okay, here it is.

Feedback appreciated!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »

Your knees and your feet are touching, so that's how it is meant to be!

What do you think is wrong with your legs?

Before my operation, if I put my feet together, I would fall over as my knees were so far apart - you don't have any bowing at all in my opinion and I'm confused as to why you think that you do Smiley

cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 01:22:10 AM »

It is mostly the larger than normal angle created at the intersection of my tibia and femur!

What can I do about this?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 01:39:23 AM »

I'm afraid that you're talking about the same of your legs, not your bones...

Without an x-ray, it is impossible to tell if there is anything unusual about your legs - clearly, you have large thighs and smaller shins, but that is not unusual for black people, especially women.

If you want your knees further apart for some reason, I'm sure that a doctor could do that, but you should just go and see a local orthopaedic surgeon and have a proper consultation.

What do you think, Ladisten?

FarStar
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 02:31:48 PM »

I'm not exactly sure if these are bowlegs or knock-knees but these legs are definately deformed. I have similarly shaped legs and I have to wear custom made insoles to prevent me from developong arthisis. Before I started wearing them I felt a lot of pain in my knees. All of the doctors who I've emailed have told me I have a deformity.

A short man walks into a bar and asks for a beer. A female bartender looks him up and down her nose and says "You don't need beer, you need milk!". "Well then you'd better start taking your t*t out", the man replies.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »

I'm not exactly sure if these are bowlegs or knock-knees but these legs are definately deformed. I have similarly shaped legs and I have to wear custom made insoles to prevent me from developong arthisis. Before I started wearing them I felt a lot of pain in my knees. All of the doctors who I've emailed have told me I have a deformity.

Have you actually been examined by a doctor or is this just Internet 'research'?

As far as I know, it is illegal and unprofessional for doctors to give diagnosis without actually examine a patient, so I'd be interested to know exactly which doctors have told you that you have a 'deformity'.

You can email me privately if you would rather not share their names publicly.

Cheers,

MMT

FarStar
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »

Have you actually been examined by a doctor or is this just Internet 'research'?

As far as I know, it is illegal and unprofessional for doctors to give diagnosis without actually examine a patient, so I'd be interested to know exactly which doctors have told you that you have a 'deformity'.

You can email me privately if you would rather not share their names publicly.

Cheers,

MMT

Well they didn't exactly give me a diagnosis, I just emailed them a photograph and asked if something could be done about it, so yeah, it's just internet research. Most of them told me that they have to see an x-ray for a proper evaluation. But none of them told me that I don't have a deformity so I assumed that they thought I do.

A short man walks into a bar and asks for a beer. A female bartender looks him up and down her nose and says "You don't need beer, you need milk!". "Well then you'd better start taking your t*t out", the man replies.
jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »

man..maybe you have a little genu-varum case, but nothing....

If you wanna see a good genu-varum...take a look on my fukin' legs. I do need this surgery.

Does anybody know how it cost??
Ladisten
LL Marketer
MMT Member

Credibility 162

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »

Okay, here it is.Feedback appreciated!
Hello, cybershot. As agreed followup below.
Your case is an interesting one. I showed image to our main surgeon.
No,  you do not have valgus deformity (X-legs) according to photo.
It may be that you do have varus deformity (O-legs) but we cannot say for sure without seeing you in person or at least see your X-rays in frontal and side projection (knee area + full tibia).
There are cases that happen when there seem to be deformity, but actually bones are having alignment all right so called "false deformity".
To distinguish it we will need the X-rays in projections i said above...

Hope this helps.
L
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:12:44 PM by Ladisten » Logged

Ladisten Clinic
cybershot
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »

I'm sorry to say I have no x-rays. But I do have the following pictures that seem to isolate the problem (I'm thinking it's of my femur and how it bends)

Notice this picture of my leg:

Next, notice the normal leg of my friend:

Notice the difference? What's the cause of this? I know it's all speculation without actual x-rays but it's the best I got!

Thanks.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 10:00:38 AM »

Don't be so quick to say that you have a 'deformity'!

People's joints work in different ways - just because yours may have more range than someone else's, doesn't mean that you are deformed.

My fiancée can put her leg behind her head, which I consider to be a benefit Wink

The only way to know if there is anything wrong is by going to see a doctor and having a full examination.

No one here can diagnose a condition for you with any certainty.

MMT.

P.S. Please don't double-post things - I removed your other thread with this picture. Cheers.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.