MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack0death - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2007 - Quest w/ Photos & Videos!  (Read 181050 times)
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #840 on: March 25, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »

Jack,

Thinking about femurs here in China....why did you conclude not to do it in China??  I am going to ask them here about the procedure...just wanted to get an outside look at it.

Thanks

I inquire a little bit about femurs there but I didn't bother checking out the 1/2 patients there that was doind it.
From what Ronne told me, you can use the bar or round fixators for the femurs but the round is recommended cause its more stable.
I can't imagine having the round device on the femurs for 3-4 months.
I was only there for 10 days to get my rods out and it brought back all the mental anguish I went through.
I was only immobilized for 4 days but it seems like forever.
Maybe I'm just not ready for femurs again.
I keep saying I want to do it(and I do) but being back there brings back alot of suffering I went through.
I am giving myself a 5yr window to do it or be content with my current height.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
SLICKER
Formerly Japadr0
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -11

Formerly Japadr0

« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »

Jack,

Have you thought about internals in ukraine??...its not as expensive as albizza in france or germany..and its a titanium nail too...i am thinking about doing it once i leave china.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #842 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »

Jack,

Have you thought about internals in ukraine??...its not as expensive as albizza in france or germany..and its a titanium nail too...i am thinking about doing it once i leave china.

Glad you mentioned this as I happened to read goman diary again in detail.
I missed the fact that he had internal femurs earlier and its less expensive than Betz and Guichet.
I don't know the current price right now but if its E30K or less, I'm very interested.
You finish your tibias and get better.
After that if you're serious about getting femurs, we might do it together to fight off the boredom.
I've seen alot of people change their mind after completing tibias and I waver at times too but if the right opportunity comes, I will do it.

Every cm was TORTURE.
craig49
LL Legend
MMT Adviser

Credibility 286

« Reply #843 on: September 22, 2010, 05:43:09 AM »

Hey Jack,

I read the whole thing from page 1, took me 3 days.  Stellar.  How is "Mr, Finger?"   Cheesy
I just want to say a few things.

Your look great.  I think if you wanted to do femurs, you could EASILY do another 5cm-7cm and look FINE.  So much talk about proportion this and that, and arms.  I think that is crazy.  99.9% of the population wouldn't think twice, that 0.1% is creepy, checking out peoples proportions and prob measuring their head sizes too.  I think height also has so much to do with legs and so little to do with the spine.  When seated with a bunch of guys at a meeting, everyone looks more or less the same.  It is only when everyone stands that we notice the difference in height.  Normal people don't care about arms, everyone is built slightly different, long legs look great, long torso and long arms don't.  To the naked normal untrained eye, detecting 6cm here or there is virtually impossible.  It is just the really obsessed that come to this site, and even then it is only a small percentage of those on this site that really make a thing about the arms, and your arms come comfortable past your hips anyway which is all that matters. 

If I understood correctly, you lengthened without stopping.  With femurs, I had to come to a complete stop many times, actually tibias too.  I mean I would stop for like 2 days and then resume.  While it delayed the finish line a bit, it helped enormously.  Also, if you do decide to do femurs, you would be aiming for 5-6cm right, thus, your experience will be shorter (at least the distraction) than 8cm for tibia.  I think you could do it and would look even better with an extra 5-7cm on the femur.  Thanks for posting so many pictures and videos too.  Back in the day did you ever think you could gain 8cm or even 14cm (if you did 6 on your femur)?  LL opens up so much. Lizarov is the man to discover distraction and bone regeneration.
smallshinz
n00b

Credibility 0

dreams can come true!

« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »

jackolife congratulations on your journey i am truly inspired by you a little about myself i am also short in stature  and have gone trough a very similar lifestyle i started to stuff my shoes with stuff too in my case (toilet paper ) at a very young age then moved to lifts about 5 yrs ago so in total i have been married to these things in my shoes for about 10 yrs  3 inches  and i hate it my feet are in pain all the time due to walking on these things all day and it also prevents me from doing all sort of things that involve taking of your shoes like the beach going to peoples houses etc  funny how you explain the whole thing about putting the shoes in front of the door carefully placing your socks on top of them. i have descent job have had plenty of girls and i am greatfull for everything but height is one thing i cant get outta of my mind no matter how hard i try i just want to be average or close to it  i found out about LL about two years ago wish it would have been earlier so i couldve planned ahead and not blown so much money my finances are in place per se to have this done in beijing now.  still have to decide between beijing and betz but i am not rich so beijing sounds more doable for me  i am just waiting to get other things in place passport home more money etc and also i want to have enough finances to be able to be out of work for at least a year or two since this can bring complications and i dont want to even think of going back to work i am also in florida and all the videos pics are worth a million words i can really relate to you i am really serious about having this procedure done in early 2011. MMT this idea of this blog is amazing and there is no other site like it this can truly paint a picture of what the LL expirience is like good and bad and it is rich in information so Thank you .  agin thanks to everyone for their diaries badboy mmt jungle jackolife evryone pretty much just cant remember everybodys from the top of my head if anyone wants to team up and join me on this expirience next year i am preparing for it i know that this is not going to be a vacation at all but i want to make the best of it so the more ppl that come to the battle with me the better after all i think anybody that goes trough this can use the most support available.
smallshinz
n00b

Credibility 0

dreams can come true!

« Reply #845 on: October 14, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »

i am unable to send any kind of private message or view any profile because i am a (lurker)and i would really like to get some advice from someone that has gone trough LL if anyone can give me more info it would be greatly appriciated i will be in the chat or u can message me. 

peace .
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #846 on: November 21, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »

OK, so I was bored today so I decided to make a video.(I know you guys love the videos)
Its been a year since I last made a video and that was of me running.
Its been about 10 months since I've had my internal rods taken and my legs feel great.
I figure I make a video of me running to compare with how I ran a year ago(with rods).
No, I haven't practice running or doing squat or anything like that.
Just an impromptu video.
The first one was from last year.
Second one filmed today.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAV6oym-Ml4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAV6oym-Ml4</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr0ejuomnGE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr0ejuomnGE</a>

Every cm was TORTURE.
ashjay_jay
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 106

« Reply #847 on: November 22, 2010, 02:21:47 AM »

jackolife; i think there is no much difference in two videos but in second video you run fast !!

after the rods were out how many days will take to run ? did u try just after a 2 weeks or month?

surgery done at India with Dr Sharan Patil
nsd_second
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #848 on: November 22, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

how close is your running now to your running pre LL?
what exactly do you feel now? what are the differences?
trademitech
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #849 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »

Quote from: jack0life link=topic=257. msg40299#msg40299 date=1290381881
OK, so I was bored today so I decided to make a video. (I know you guys love the videos)
Its been a year since I last made a video and that was of me running.
Its been about 10 months since I've had my internal rods taken and my legs feel great.
I figure I make a video of me running to compare with how I ran a year ago(with rods).
No, I haven't practice running or doing squat or anything like that.
Just an impromptu video.
The first one was from last year.
Second one filmed today.

#Invalid YouTube Link#
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Jack, I've been following your thread for quite some time.  As an 18 year old who is only 5 ft 2, I would like to discuss some of this stuff with you sometime.  I often get the same type of discrimination as you, except I am a white male and my orthopedic surgeon told me that since I started working out at such a young age (powerlifting) it could have very well been the reason that I did not reach my full height potential.  My mother is 5'4 and my father is 5'6.  if you could email me sometime at trademitech@gmail. com I'd really like to talk to you.  You seem like a very level headed guy, and I apologize ahead of time to the moderator of this thread if I am breaking any rules here.  Thanks alot!

Houdini
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 194

« Reply #850 on: January 06, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »

Hey Jack!

Thanks so much for posting your new running video. Fantastic and amazing! I am four months into my consolidation-recovery phase following 8.0 cm of tibiae lengthening (the dog days), and seeing you run like a rabbit is a morale boost at just the right time. Very much appreciated.

Houdini
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #851 on: January 06, 2011, 06:52:44 PM »

Theres no weird sensation anymore since the internal rods are out.
It feels normal but I can't run no where as fast as before.
Don't know if I can ever run as fast as before but then again, I haven't done anything with my legs except for walking in 3+ yrs.
I'm close to my 40s now and I'm too lazy to train my legs again.
I'm perfectly happy with what i can do now.

My journey will come to an end.
I'm heading to northern Cali in 2 weeks and I'll be snowboarding for the first time in almost 4 yrs.
Still can't believe that I did this in mid 2007.

Every cm was TORTURE.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #852 on: January 19, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »

Folks my diary is coming to an end.
I said it before that if I can snowboard again, I would considered my journey a 100% success.
My friend invited me to go snowmobiling in NY this past weekend and there was a small resort near by so I took the opportunity to go snowboarding.
It was like riding a bike. Much easier than I anticipated.
I'm actually in Cali now and I will be going snowboarding again.
I took the time to make my last video for you guys.
I wasn't going down very fast but then again I haven't snowboard in 3.5 yrs.
The 2nd video was during my pre-LL days.
I was a speed demon back then and maybe I will reach that stage again one day.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvYJD9QkxE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvYJD9QkxE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVxrh5Y13Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVxrh5Y13Y</a>

Every cm was TORTURE.
TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #853 on: January 20, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »

Nice snowboarding Jack! What a wonderful end to a great adventure.
Plus3
LL Warrior
MMT Member

Credibility 130

« Reply #854 on: January 20, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »

Journey's end for you Jack,

Well done.

I, like many others, have followed your diary from the start.

You have been inspirational and I wish you all the luck for the future.

Best Wishes Plus3

Completed lengthening in Tartous, Syria with Dr Salameh.

@10mm 26 October
@20mm 11 November
@30mm 24 November
@40mm 03 Dec (Top Cut @34.0mm - Bot @6.0mm)
@50mm 12 Dec (Top Cut @37.5mm - Bot @12.5mm)
@70mm 01 Jan (Top Cut @45.7mm - Bot @24.3mm)
@76.2mm 09 Jan (Top Cut @48.7mm - Bot @27.5mm)
tramp
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 141

« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »

Hey JOL

Look's like you are finally at the end of your adventure.

Your diary was one of the most inspiring for me when I first discovered MMT website.

Wishing you all the best for the future...good luck bro!

tramp Smiley

All you have is how you feel
ashjay_jay
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 106

« Reply #856 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16:46 AM »

jackOlife;;you got what you want!!now your the real Hero ...i am damn sure in your life there's nothing can stop
     you, your the man!CONGRATS

surgery done at India with Dr Sharan Patil
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #857 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:49 PM »

OK, I can't resist. My last video.
I went to Tahoe yesterday and spent 5 hrs snowboarding.
Its like I never left. Had so much fun.
Its the day after and my legs are fine.
Its a long video. 2.5 miles run non-stop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htwzF5XsR4w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htwzF5XsR4w</a>

Every cm was TORTURE.
trademitech
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #858 on: May 25, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »

Jack, have you taken your wingspan? I believe we have a similar build, I am exactly 5'2 and my wing span is exactly 5'2.  Do you think that lengthening 8 cm would be too much?

Thanks TMT
crazy+6
LL Warrior
MMT Expert

Credibility 273

U HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO DO ALL THE THINGS U WANT

« Reply #859 on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »

Thanks TMT

TMT...( A new version of MMT)..Lol... jk

....my eyes stopped there... Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin

YES !! I did it - Journey of becoming tall - From 5'4" to 5'11" in India

Current status:- Struggling to get my normal life back.

"Hope is a good thing, May be the best of thing, and no good things ever dies"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.