MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:00:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ShootingFor6 - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - ShootingFor6 in Beijing  (Read 82606 times)
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »

Wow, dual cut, a first here on MMT.
Please post a picture of the device when you are feeling better.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »

Here are some recent pictures. They were taken with my mobile, so please bear with the photo quality. Smiley

First and foremost, my frames. Because of the dual tibia incisions, I have 1 extra ring at the top and a few extra pins, so the frames are slightly heavier than everyone's. This picture was taken 7 days post-op.

Here are some snaps of my room. I'm glad to have gotten the bed by the window. The bed is against a ledge that runs across the room, and the ledge is extremely useful to store stuff that is within arm's reach.

Another picture of the ledge, on which you can see the protective frame that goes over your lower legs the first few days after surgery. You can also see the sandbag that your legs rest on. I didn't quite like the sandbag experience. After a few days the stress on my knees wasn't very pleasant, but the sandbag is necessary to keep your legs raise for improved circulation and to keep your legs straight too.

This is the television, fridge and water dispenser at the foot of my bed. You can also see part of my blue office chair.

Here are the cabinets and wardrobes where we can keep our personal belongings. The passageway along the wardrobe is quite narrow, and it leads out of the room. Directly opposite the second wardrobe is the entrance to the toilet. It's a little tricky for the maids to maneuver me on 2 office chairs to take a poop.

This is my bed number above me. Feel free to drop by for a visit. Wink
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »

DUDE!

I think that you're in my old room - is that the last room on the left hand side in the Surgery Wing?

Either way, congrats on taking an important step towards becoming taller and reaching your dreams.

I'm almost envious of the fun and crazy experiences that you have ahead of you now...

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Cheers,

MMT

ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 03:47:36 PM »

It's 8 days post-op, and I wasn't able to sleep much last night. I started to feel a new pain on the outer side of my right leg. It feels like muscle being torn, and the pain comes and goes. Pressing on it hurts too. The ever-smiling Dr Zhao dropped by and when he massaged the area, he could feel movement within. He said that the pain was from the fibula cut. He scheduled me for an xray to investigate further. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'm sure it's nothing serious. It's the end of the 8th day, and I'm no longer feeling much pain there.

I took a picture of one of the xrays while the maid held it for me. The 2 tibia incisions seem to be blocked by the rings but I could vaguely see them. The red arrows are where I think they are.
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »

I think that you're in my old room - is that the last room on the left hand side in the Surgery Wing?

Either way, congrats on taking an important step towards becoming taller and reaching your dreams.

I'm almost envious of the fun and crazy experiences that you have ahead of you now...

My room is actually the second last room in that wing, not the last.

Thanks buddy, I'm really looking forward to start lengthening. Not so sure about the crazy experiences though. Wink
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »

I normally need to poop a few times daily and today was no different. The problem was that the maids were temporarily relocated in another room that didn't have a phone. So I couldn't contact them. In retrospect, I should have called the nurses to get the maids for me. Anyway I needed to poop very badly. It's only 8 days post surgery and my mobility is severely limited. I also cannot put my feet down yet. When I announced my intention to my roommate to wheel myself on 2 office chairs to the toilet, he looked justifiably worried. He's 2 weeks post-op, and even he can't do that.

I asked him to push his office chair to me, and I propped myself on my chair and gingerly pulled my feet onto his chair. I then used the handles on the cabinets and wardrobes to slowly pull myself backwards towards the toilet entrance. The passageway along the wardrobe is quite narrow, so twisting myself and the 2 chairs into the toilet was quite a challenge. Once in, I used the sink and toilet bowl as leverage to move about and get onto the toilet bowl. After I was finished, I felt pretty good. It was awesome to finally experience some semblance of independent mobility, though I wouldn't recommend doing what I did. Getting out was tricky too. The toilet door was closed and it opens inwards, so getting my 2 office chairs out of the door's way while trying to open it was interesting.

Anyway, I managed to make it safely back onto my bed, much to the relief (and amazement) of my roommate. A few minutes later, the maids popped in to see if I needed anything. Undecided
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 04:36:51 PM »

Thanks for putting up the pictures.
I have a hard time seeing where the 2 cuts are at.
So the 2 cuts are pretty close to each other ??
I thought with 2 cuts, one would be up near the knee and one would be down toward the bottom.
If the 2 cuts are close to each others, would that defeat the purpose "stretching the tendons, tissues, etc...in 2 different places" ??
Its very interesting and I'm very intrigue.
Good luck...I hope they are not using you as guinea pig for this new method.

Every cm was TORTURE.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »

My room is actually the second last room in that wing, not the last.

Ahh... Next to my room then - welcome to the Trooper club all the same and thanks for the pictures and x-rays Smiley

MMT

ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

@jackolife
Yes, it's hard to see the cuts because of the 3 rings. The 2 cuts are somewhere near the knee. Well, I'll let let know how this new method pans out for me as the weeks progress. Wink
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »

I also noticed there is no ankle pins.
Did you opt not to get it or they didn't put it on because of the new frame ?

Every cm was TORTURE.
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »

I see the refrigerator in your pic, and I am curious do they use microwave ovens there? - Are they in the patients rooms or in the kitchen area? I have never seen a microwave oven in any of the pics as they are useful for microwave popcorn and heating water for drinks and leftovers and such.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

When I was there, there was 1 microwave in the surgery wing.
They needed to put one in the other wing too....which they might have already.

Every cm was TORTURE.
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »

I also noticed there is no ankle pins.
Did you opt not to get it or they didn't put it on because of the new frame ?
The ankle pins are there, though the picture's angle doesn't show it.
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »

Strange, I could have swore there were no ankle pins as well. Something is different - doesnt the frame usually set at a lower level for the ankle pin.
I personaly would prefer to opt out of that pin and taking my chances.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

I see the refrigerator in your pic, and I am curious do they use microwave ovens there? - Are they in the patients rooms or in the kitchen area? I have never seen a microwave oven in any of the pics as they are useful for microwave popcorn and heating water for drinks and leftovers and such.

Ahh! Popcorn - that was such a treat for me and mysteryman in the day - there was a microwave that our maids used, but not to make popcorn as they were scared of it. They couldn't understand how we could eat such 'Fungza' food Smiley

ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 02:35:45 AM »

@jack0life, galaxystar

Here's another shot of my frames where you can see the ankle pins.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:51 AM »

Nice!

This diary qualifies for VIP status, I think - great to see close-ups of the frames and post-op legs. Thanks!

ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

Thanks MMT! Glad you find my diary useful!  Cool
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 11:15:58 AM »

Dr Zhao said I'll start lengthening tomorrow, 11 days post-op. I'm pretty stoked.

He also gave me a shiny new walker. I'm supposed to try and stand up with it tomorrow. Should be interesting. Grin
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »

Dr Zhao said I'll start lengthening tomorrow, 11 days post-op. I'm pretty stoked.

He also gave me a shiny new walker. I'm supposed to try and stand up with it tomorrow. Should be interesting. Grin

Take it easy!

You may find it hard and you'll be shaking a bit, but you'll be fine Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.