MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ShootingFor6 - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - ShootingFor6 in Beijing  (Read 82600 times)
priscillafire
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2010, 09:08:30 AM »

Quote from: ShootingFor6 link=topic=2608. msg34566#msg34566 date=1265260084
I do have pretty hot legs, if I must say so myself.  Wink
Gotcha buddy! I don't really mind walking with a limp for a while.  As long as I can walk, and enjoy my new height.  I've just been lying down and sitting after my frames were removed, and I can't wait to do my first stand in a fortnight.  As my departure date draws near (leaving this Monday), my heart is jumping with joy at the sweet prospect of re-entering the world a newer, happier and taller man.  I'm so glad I did LL!

BTW, I didn't get a chance to visit your room one final time before you left last week.  I was bedridden for a while after my frames were taken off.  Hope you have a speedy recovery, and a great holiday in Vietnam!
Will do! BTW I emailed you a couple of weeks ago, on the day you left.
''My heart is jumping with joy'',oh mine too because i'd love to do LL :D
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »

It's been a while since my last post. I'm now over 5 months post frames. I can walk unaided but I bring one crutch whenever I go out for safety's sake. My legs still feel the impact whenever I walk down stairs or street curbs, so the crutch helps buffer my weight. I think I look almost normal when walking though my gait is a little slow and stiff. I'm now 184cm and taller than most in my home country. Pretty cool height if I say so myself. Cool

I used to weigh 56kg in Beijing. Not good for someone my height. I've put on more weight at 65kg and even though my legs (especially the thighs) are still too skinny, I don't look like Olive Oyl anymore. The meatier legs have improved proportions despite my tibias being slightly longer than my femurs. After I pack on even more muscle on the thighs, my legs will look pretty good overall. LL was the right decision for me. Grin

Yes, I'm just wearing underwear. Cover your eyes, ladies.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:59:08 AM by ShootingFor6 » Logged
jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:34 AM »

hey, great update!

I see a looooooong long tibias,

who knows, maybe in the future you can go for 4-5 cm on femurs to improve proportions!

Smiley
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2010, 11:07:18 AM »

No way. Once is enough for LL. I'm happy with my height and proportions already.
Legolas
Advisor
MMT Member

Credibility 146

« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »

S46, your proportions look fine! Your long tibias match your long arms. No one will notice otherwise. Ever since I found MMT, I've become obsessed with leg proportions, or leg-torso, etc. With models, if you take the time to research it, you get all different femur-tibia ratios. I've seen some girls with crazy-long tibias, some with long femurs, etc. No one is going to see any difference once your legs are healed up, scars faded, perhaps done away with with plastic surgery. I'm envious of you, dude. God damn, wish I was 184 cm. And, besides, there are so many options with today's fashion: long cargo pants, etc.
PS What's up with your left ankle area?
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »

Have been away from these forums lately but I see that proportions are still a hot topic. If having legs like mine isn't something you can live with, please reconsider LL. Adding 5 - 8cm to tibias is definitely going to affect proportions. I wanted a truthful diary, so I posted these underwear pics even though they were less than flattering. I may wear sexier briefs for next time though. I'll try to post pics again in a few months once the legs have attained my usual musculature. Proportions will have improved but the tibias may look long still. After all, tibias aren't supposed to be longer or even the same length as femurs.

I always wear shorts but nobody has noticed anything unusual about my tibias so far. Not really a self-conscious fellow so I don't try to hide my legs. Looking forward to swimming in my trunks once my legs are stronger.
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #366 on: July 07, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »

@Legolas
I've been working on my left ankle quite a bit because it tends to get stiff after sitting or lying down for some time. I think it's residual ballerina which used to be quite bad for my left ankle. What you see is a slight swelling from my over-zealous exercising. I do have inexplicable aches and swells from time to time. But they always go away after resting for some days. Smiley
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #367 on: July 07, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »

Some things to take note of with longer tibias. Certain postures will look different. But only to the proportion junkies from the forum. Normal folks won't notice. Still, these things may be of concern to some.

Sitting on a stool. Femurs look slightly shorter than tibias, if you look hard enough.

Squatting feels a little awkward. Probably because my knees aren't strong enough to bend to the max and bear my full weight. I'm also not supposed to be doing this yet according to doctors orders. Embarrassed

Bending legs while lying down no longer looks symmetrical. It skews slightly towards the torso. You can probably live with that right? Wink
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #368 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »

Theres no need to justify to any of the porportion locos.
Your legs are perfectly fine.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Ticky
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #369 on: July 07, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »

Jailair thats a pretty dumb comment to be honest, even the way its written. This forum used to be full of intelligent comments and encouragement, hopefully it wont stay like this for too long. I think your proportions are fine shootingfor6, congrats. Completely agree with jackolife, theres no need to explain yourself. thank you for posting photos'.  Smiley
jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #370 on: July 07, 2010, 08:48:59 PM »

hey Ticky, I just gave my honest opinion

Ticky
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #371 on: July 07, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »

Yeah thats fair enough but when someone has gone through something as traumatic as ll people should be that little bit more respectfull, especially as his proportions are fine to the untrained eye.
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

Honestly, I don't mind comments from the proportion boys. The last 3 photos are actually for their benefit, since we don't normally see post-frame pics with a focus on tibia-femur proportions. Maybe it's because the vets are shy to show their legs, or they're too busy enjoying their new height. I've got some free time right now, so voila.

There will be slight differences in certain postures from longer tibias. For sure. And I've tried to highlight that in my previous photos, especially since my case is a bit more unusual. My tibias are slightly longer than my femurs, and most vets have it the other way round, I think. Before LL, Dr Xia said my tibia was 7cm shorter while Dr Zhao said it was 6.5cm. Not sure which is correct but I lengthened 8.3cm, so I definitely do have longer tibias than femurs now.

But even if you have slightly shorter tibias, postural differences still exist. I've seen enough patients to know this. Though I find that taller patients get away with the long tibias more easily. Not gonna sugarcoat for you, proportion peeps. There WILL be trivial postural adjustments but nobody notices. Lots of people have seen my legs in shorts and didn't bat an eyelid. If indeed someone does notice, he's gotta be a forum member. You're your own worse critic. If these slight proportion issues bug ya, then consider 2 ops (!!!), or just forget LL altogether.

As for me, I find my willowy tibias pretty cool on my meatier legs, and they improve with even more weight. Akin to the leg proportions of comic book superheroes.
 Cool
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:28:34 AM by ShootingFor6 » Logged
nemesis81
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »

...Man your legs looks great!!(and I use this compliment only to ladies so feel proud of it! :-)) beside that the only thing I don`t really get on the discussion on this forum is the obsession for proportions as if all of us were naturally proportioned (of course not) and u ever check this on anyone (not) and rather be proportionally short or slightly not proportionate (which again needs to be verified) taller...and last but not least as if all of us in our veryday life go around in speed swimsuits or shorts...

sorry mate if I hijacked your post for this but i really don`t get this obsession which distract people from the real objective of the LL

all the best

Nemesis81

...some people have morgages I have dreams...and I work to make them real...
gravy
MMT Member

Credibility -6

« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »

Congratulations your legs look great and your proportions really do look balanced. In another few months once they fill out and you gain muscle strength you will be loving life. You said that you wear shorts all the time. Has anyone commented on the tiny pin hole scars at all?
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »

I've never had anybody ask about the scars directly. But people do ask why I'm on a crutch, and I usually say that I had my bow legs corrected. They then see my scars and nod, kinda like they're acknowledging the scars are from the bow leg procedure.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

Looking good! Well done, ShootingFor6! Smiley

longernow
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »

good stuff, thanks for posting pics.   your legs look pretty normal to me.   if people see those pics, they would be none the wiser that anything was done  :)
marymary
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »

hello! congrats, you did great.  you're so tall.  i think your proportions look fine when you stand up, little bit discrepancy when you sit, but not that much.  anyway, who cares about that when you're so tall. . .  a woman like me can't reach to kiss you (just an example).
i believe you need to add kg and you'll be just fine.
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »

@marymary
I'll just have to carry you so that we can make out long and hard. Wink

@all
Ok folks, I've put on a bit of weight due to my gluttony. I'm almost 7 months postop and doing well. Walking down steps still requires care though, as I feel the impact in my legs. Here are some pictures in my underwear. Please ignore the gigantic bulge.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.