MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LLxperience - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - Journey to new height  (Read 10937 times)
LLxperience
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 3

« on: August 12, 2009, 06:15:18 AM »

As the saying goes: better late than never.

Today marks the 22nd days since my LL surgery but I donít have much to share because most of what Iíve experienced is well documented in other diaries. I believe my surgery went well. Within couple of days following my surgery, I was able to move my foot and perform exercises as instructed by the friendly and attentive (and for the ladies good looking) Dr. Zhao. I did hit a road block yesterday. About 5 days ago I started feeling some knee pain that worsen by the day. After Dr. Zhao examined my knee, he said the lengthening process is putting stress on the tendon in my knee. He recommended that I temporary stop lengthening for a few days to let my tendon adjust to the stress. I was a little worried when he told me that because I was only 10 days into lengthening process. If Iím feeling the stress now, itíll only get worse when I am further into the lengthening process. I told Dr. Zhao about my concern, but with a friendly smile, he assured me that itíll be fine and that other patients had experienced this before and was able to recover and achieve the full lengthening amount they set out to do. I was pretty relieved after he told me that. Also, the great thing about this hospital is that they will address all complications that come up and will do everything possible to help you reach your goal/height.

Anyways, I want to talk about food now. My roommate has been posting some awesome pictures of his vegetarian dishes. I, as a non-vegetarian, have not restrictions on the menu so I want to share some of the other dishes with you reader(s). I am really enjoying the food here. I donít remember the last time I ate this well on a regular basis. No wonder my roommate said that ďI happily stuff my face at every mealĒ  in his diary and to which I certainly do  Grin. Some of my favorites are Scramble eggs, smoke salmon and toast for breakfast; Ribs with some really delicious garlic sauce for lunch; Duck breast salad and a piece of cherry cake for dinner. Those dishes taste as good as they sound  Smiley. I will post pics of those dishes next time I order them.

Lastly, I want to add that this whole experience has been pretty good so far. Ronnie, the international officer at the hospital is a godsend for foreign patients. She goes out of her way to make sure you are well taken care off. The maids here are extremely helpful and available 24/7. Iím Chinese but unfortunately with poor mandarin. However, even if you speak poor mandarin or no mandarin at all you can still communicate with people here pretty easily with sign language. If you speak full mandarin, you got it made.

well, till' next time folks....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:26:13 AM by SysOp » Logged
ShootingFor6
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 185

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:30:25 AM »

Hey roommate, you finally decided to post a diary. Good job! Hope your knee pains go away soon. Smiley
honeyzhu
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:39:47 AM »

Good luck with ur journey!
I'll go to Beijing soon and hope to see u there!
Legolas
Advisor
MMT Member

Credibility 146

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »

Good news, another diary in Beijing. I hope your caterpillar-to-butterfly transformations goes smoothly!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

Hey Honezhu, it's nice to hear that you're finally going to have your LL - good luck Smiley

174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 07:19:37 AM »

you are ready for it now ? if u will be there around december this year, we will meet again.
take care and good luck,

LLxperience
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

Alright, let's dust off this old diary and do an update.

LL Status: Good
Today's weather and food: Cloudy with meatballs for lunch
Doctor Zhao, Ronne and the maids (Yan Jae, Hi Jae and Guo Jae): Awesome

Thanks to the great care I got from Dr.  Zhao, my complications are a thing of the past.  He is one great doctor.  The doctors usually live onsite at the hospital on weekdays and go home on the weekend.  When two of my pin sites were oozing pus, Dr.  Zhao took hours out of his weekend to come into hospital just to clean my pin sites.  He could've ask another doctor to clean it but he came in to do it himself  - thats how great he is.  

My birthday was last week and I completely forgot about it.  But Ronne remembered and brought me my favroite food for lunch.  Today the hospital handed out moon cakes and fruits to patients for the upcoming autumn festival.  

Speaking of food, here are photo of dishes that I mentioned last time.

Partially eaten Smoke salmon, scramble egg and toast  berakfast.  I didnt remember I wanted to take a picture until I took a fews bites from it.  

Garlic Ribs:

Duck Breast Salad:

Lastly, check out my bigass meatballs.  I put a cd next to it for size comparison.  Believe it or not, they're actually smaller than the ones I had last time.  

Th- Th-Th-Th-Th-. . .  That's all, folks.  

willbetaller
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »

Oh man! You must be the first one that feel awesome for the foods here  Shocked . My sickness of the hospital food has increased from 100 to 1000 (not even 0 at the beginning =.= ) since the time I stayed here.  Angry  . Later if you get sick of foods here, ask your maids to buy foods of restaurant nearby (very cheap). Recommended: chicken wing skew, chopped chickens, fish..

I have stayed here for 6 months, now living in the other corridor.

It is good that your conditions are excellent hah. Just try cleaning 2 times/day and when you see a pin site are hurts for 2 day with a little red color, meet your doctor. In addition, Dr. Zhao is great even though he is a little too prudential (well, not good for guy with limited time like me  Undecided ). Hence if you follow exactly what he said, you will be more than excellent.

Ronnie is godsend indeed.

Most important thing: walk 2 hours/day and get sunlight will let you do 4 clicks/day. Try to get your legs straight AMAP, knee bending makes you waste 2,3 weeks of recovery with nightmare sandbags.   Cry

When u have time just come by and have some video games Smiley.
LLxperience
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:16:31 PM »

Thanks for the advice, willbetaller.  Ever since that whole episode, I've been cleaning my pin sites religiously.  Hopefully i wont deal with that again. 

I guess in my previous posts, I neglected to mention that there are dishes on the menu that taste pretty bad.  But I cant complaint because even the worst dish here taste better than anything i cook myself.  And on top of that, I dont have to do any work (clean, cook than clean again).  I love that I can just sit in my bed to order my meals than have it deliver to me in bed.   There are a lot of dishes to choose from so you need to find the ones you like.  I have about fifteen that i like and cycle through.  Though I do have to admit, i am starting to get a little tire of the dishes in the cycle.  eventually i'll probably ask Yan jae to pick me up some those chicken wings you recommended. 

I might move into the same building you're in next month.  I'll definitely stop by to check out your video games. 

later. . .

willbetaller
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »

I think you have problem with your taste  Grin  Why do I see your duck salad more delicious than mine?  Undecided

I am leaving next week Smiley . Good luck bro.
LLxperience
LL Trooper
n00b

Credibility 3

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 04:31:27 AM »

Congrads Willbetaller!! You've done it, you reached the LL finish line.  Hope you got the cms you set out to do.  Now that you're taller, you can change your user name from willbetaller to tallernow_haha or something  Grin.  I'll try to visit you and pick up more tips from you before you leave next week.  Congrads again!

MedStudent
LL Trooper
MMT Member

Credibility 28

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »

they had smoked salmon! damnit i wish i had known that...!
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 10:32:13 PM »

they had smoked salmon! damnit i wish i had known that...!

If you had read my diary you'd know that - I had it every day for lunch - great for bone growth and joints Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.