MMT Community
March 29, 2017, 07:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious (bio)medical height increase research projects  (Read 161132 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2009, 01:05:24 AM »

Are you aware of the fact that 80% of the population living in Amsterdam have their roots in another country.
They said that on the Dutch television. The Netherlands is a multi cultural society.  Grin 

Amsterdam is simply one city in the Netherlands... You simply cannot base business discussions on such loose information - you need to precise and scientific in the approach!

I happen to lived in and worked on Holland, and I can tell you 85% of the population is white North European. Find me some statistics that prove otherwise - the source of my statistics is waiting.

Carina, just because you want to believe something really strongly doesn't make it a fact  Wink

If I were a millionaire I certainly would invest an amount of money into it. Because the lack of money is the problem and certainly not the initiave.

Ha-ha. Firstly, that's why you're not a millionaire.

Secondly, if I had a cent for every time I heard - it is not the initiative that is the problem, it is the lack of money, I'd have a few more millions.

Good initiatives ALWAYS get money. People are ALWAYS looking for ways to make more money and to invest in good opportunities.

Right now, banks around the world are only paying 1 or 2% interest - rich people are actively looking for good opportunities.

It is not the money that is the problem for this initiative - it is the initiative Wink

grande2
MMT Member

Credibility -11

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2009, 10:49:16 AM »

Hi grande2,

Nice to hear from you - Happy New Year!

I agree with your points - hopefully 2009 will bring you some more support and people that can bring a strong business perspective to help bolster your initiative. Good luck!

MMT

Best wishes for the new year to you aswell MMT Smiley 
carina
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

Well, yes of course money is not the real problem. But the lack of support is the problem! Because money has to come from people. That's how I see it. But I can't convince you, can I?! If even Harald can't convince you, how can I?! You just don't see the business opportunity. Again, to me his proposals are crystal clear. Smiley 
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2009, 01:51:05 PM »

Hello everybody,
just checked the forum again after some while. Nice to see, that there has been some discussion.
I am still looking for a funding source, but unfortunately no breakthrough yet.
So still every support is welcome  Wink!
Best wishes
Harald
Zernan
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »

If this comes up i'll really take this even if it is more costly than LL because if you compute the risks ll is much more costly because you cannot work while with this you can work and move normally...I hope they have a breakthrough soon
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

If this comes up i'll really take this even if it is more costly than LL because if you compute the risks ll is much more costly because you cannot work while with this you can work and move normally...I hope they have a breakthrough soon

I hope that you're young, because you could wait 20 years before they even test anything like this - the market is just too small for anyone to be interested in funding it...

By the time it happens, you could have had LL and been enjoying life as someone much taller Wink

subbacultcha
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2009, 10:34:17 PM »

I'd be interested in getting a bit more details about these three research projects.

I've looked around for current research on human (or even animal) growth, and there seems to be no significant progress in that area besides limb lengthening. I'm not sure we even know how to increase final height in children (who still have growth plates!) by more than one or two inches. Yet you are looking for funding for projects, which, you claim, would lead in as little as three years to human clinical trials. I'm very impressed, but I'm not sure I can believe it. Ok, maybe there is little to no interest in the field of human growth research at the moment, and no money as well. But still, I'm not sure how, in one research project, a team could go from zero to a complete medical technique for human height increase (even if only a very expensive, difficult and inconvenient one).

So, what areas are your researchers interested in? What are their previous achievements in that domain? Why do they (and you) believe that they could actually create a marketable product in so little time, and what is their broad roadmap for this?

I'm looking forward to your answers, and I can definitely understand that you or the researchers you've contacted would like to keep some secrecy around this before actually starting the project, but I frankly don't think that you're going to find any kind of funding if you don't answer these simple but important questions.
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »

Dear subbacultcha,

I am not allowed to reveal more details on a public message board, as I have signed strict confindetiality agreements. If you want to know more, please send me an e-mail (harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com).

Best wishes
Harald
liuxialai
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »

Even the project succeeds many years later, what about the price? If no one can afford to do the treatment you still can't convince people to buy it.

Take LL for example, now it seems affordable for most westerners but in China I would say 90% guys wouldn't consider it because it is too expensive for them even they think they need it. Another treatment during childhood like growing hormone is expensive as well. If everyone is as lucky as Messy who was able to inject growing hormone provided by FCBarcelona since an early age, no one would be short in this world.
ElChino775
MMT Member

Credibility -7

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »

Even the project succeeds many years later, what about the price? If no one can afford to do the treatment you still can't convince people to buy it.

Take LL for example, now it seems affordable for most westerners but in China I would say 90% guys wouldn't consider it because it is too expensive for them even they think they need it. Another treatment during childhood like growing hormone is expensive as well. If everyone is as lucky as Messy who was able to inject growing hormone provided by FCBarcelona since an early age, no one would be short in this world.
Growth hormones give you one or two inches at most. I am proud of being short so I would never take them. But I want to be taller so I can date white girls.

Formerly ElChino776
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2009, 02:02:11 AM »

But I want to be taller so I can date white girls.

That's one of the funniest things I have read on the forum for a long time! I like your honesty  Cheesy

Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2009, 02:08:42 AM »

I think native Chinese actually pay loads less than foreigners, in most countries they have the foreigner rate and the citizen rate as far as medical operations go.

Formerly CthulhuGorath
Tenagra
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:37 AM »

Growth hormones give you one or two inches at most. I am proud of being short so I would never take them. But I want to be taller so I can date white girls.
Give me a break.  If you are so proud to be a short guy, why are you considering LL?  To date white girls?  Are you for real?  Perhaps that is a joke I don't get.

I Stand on the Shoulders of Giants.
groove311
MMT Member

Credibility -31

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2009, 05:37:30 AM »

So you find white girls more attractive than other races then? That's normal.
But you said you're proud to be short, what if you were average would you then still be happy?
well by looking at dating ads on yahoo personals I see that a quiet large number of white girls
put a restriction on height. 5'10"+ is what they want. I would never get to 5'10" even with surgery
cuz I'm only 5'6".
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »

So you find white girls more attractive than other races then? That's normal.

It's only normal in an environment where they are in the majority. Whatever is the majority in the society we live in is what we are normally conditioned to find attractive. Which is perfectly logical.

55wannabe58
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -5

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »

Sounds like a scam to me.

He asked for funding in about a dozen posts. Yeah...
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »

Sounds like a scam to me.

He asked for funding in about a dozen posts. Yeah...

You clearly haven't read or properly understood this thread; they are not scammers, but people hoping to stimulate scientific research in this field.

Think twice before throwing around unfounded accusations!

55wannabe58
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -5

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

He hasn't posted a prospectus. No business plan. No scholarly journals.

Just asking for money.

If it quakes like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a ....
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »

I have reviewed their draft Business Plan and although I don't share their optimism, it looks credible.

Please don't write people until you have all of the facts. You are talking nonsense - these guys are NOT scammers.

Tomas170cm
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »

Hello Harald, I have read through this entire thread right now. And I have a couple of questions...

1. Maybe I have misunderstood, but I don't understand why a possible sponsor would be ashamed to have him name associated with this project (as many have oddly pointed out), simply have him remain anonymous, right? 

2. You mentioned that any investors would get a little show-and-tell tour of any initiated trials of this method. Has there been any investors that has gotten that tour?

3. At the start of this thread you talked about raising 200-300 thousand dollars for just starting up... (what step of this project exactly?), are you STILL on that step?

4. As have been said here, is your 2-4 years timeframe realistic and even possible (if you had the proper funding)? Cause this is no easy task you are embarking on. Won't you admit that you are a bit over-optimistic? Just getting it approved to test on humans and eventually release it will take a long time, no?
If you had to spit out a new timeframe with all your new knowledge and expertise, what would the new timeframe be?

5. Without divulging secret information, in what capacity would this biomedical height increase method work "exactly"? Do you take injections, pills? Would this method sync the growth so you could reach perfect symmetry/proportions? Would limbs, torso, hand, feet size increase? All at once? Separately? Do you treat every part separately? How long would it take?

6. You said that you were a german student, what are you studying? Or should I say, what WERE you studying (your first post was years ago)? Smiley

7. As MMT admin here touched upon, have you thought about redirecting some focus momentarily from finding investors to actually hiring someone who has the knowledge, education and expertise to actually know how to present a business plan to investors first? Not knocking you down, so I hope you don't take it as such.

8. What happened to user Dashtorontos contribution? Did you set up a donation "thingy" on your site?

9. An entirely personal question Harald, of out of curiosity, may I ask, how tall are you?

10. Dashtoronto: on this thread mentioned something very interesting (which I haven't gone through yet), which you missed. I would very much like to hear what you have to say about this (although I understand that you are not a researcher yourself):
"Did you review the effects of Bovine Growth Hormone on a human body? It came so close, to achieving what you guys set out to achieve..
For the entire skeletal structure, every bone grows in syncrony, so that the person, having gained height, doesn't look abnormal, perfectly proportioned, but like any regular tall dude or dudette. So, he passes as if he just continued to grow, no abnormally long legs like surgery would give him the appearance of.
If not for the bone cancer and the extra space in the head, failed growth of the brain to compensate for the additional space, to go along with the bone growth. Bovince Growth Hormone causes the human skeletal structure to grow, but not the brain, which already reached adult size. Therefore, the brain doesn't grow, while the rest of the skull does, making the brain like a bean in a rattle, excess space fills up with spinal fluid, causing brain cancer."
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,28.20.html

Whatever happens Harald, even if 3-5 years down the line, I hope you don't forget this thread and check in once a while. I am a curious fella, and I am sure that many others here are too, and I am just curious (whether I am an old man with LL done or without) if your group may be the start of something Smiley And if you are, it would be great to say: I read it here first.

Anyway, good luck Harald! Keep up the hope and never give up!
Hello everybody,
just checked the forum again after some while. Nice to see, that there has been some discussion.
I am still looking for a funding source, but unfortunately no breakthrough yet.
So still every support is welcome  Wink!
Best wishes
Harald

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.