MMT Community
January 16, 2017, 12:47:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious (bio)medical height increase research projects  (Read 155673 times)
anonymous coward
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »

Ehh. . .  just a curious question, do you have a good reason to believe that what you want to do could work? I mean any reason at all?
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »

Dear Tomas170cm,

just checked the board after quite a while. Here are some answers to your questions:

1. Maybe I have misunderstood, but I don't understand why a possible sponsor would be ashamed to have him name associated with this project (as many have oddly pointed out), simply have him remain anonymous, right? 
If the investor/donator wanted that, we would guarantee anonymity of course.

2. You mentioned that any investors would get a little show-and-tell tour of any initiated trials of this method. Has there been any investors that has gotten that tour?
Some of them have talked personally with the researchers, but they havenīt visited their university.

3. At the start of this thread you talked about raising 200-300 thousand dollars for just starting up... (what step of this project exactly?), are you STILL on that step?
This amount would be needed to complete animal trials and prepare human trials.

4. As have been said here, is your 2-4 years timeframe realistic and even possible (if you had the proper funding)? Cause this is no easy task you are embarking on. Won't you admit that you are a bit over-optimistic? Just getting it approved to test on humans and eventually release it will take a long time, no?
If you had to spit out a new timeframe with all your new knowledge and expertise, what would the new timeframe be?
2-4 years means the timeframe until human trials could start, after we have found a funding source. This is still realistic.

5. Without divulging secret information, in what capacity would this biomedical height increase method work "exactly"? Do you take injections, pills? Would this method sync the growth so you could reach perfect symmetry/proportions? Would limbs, torso, hand, feet size increase? All at once? Separately? Do you treat every part separately? How long would it take?
There are different approaches. But every body part would have to be treated separately. 

6. You said that you were a german student, what are you studying? Or should I say, what WERE you studying (your first post was years ago)? Smiley
I am a teacher now.

7. As MMT admin here touched upon, have you thought about redirecting some focus momentarily from finding investors to actually hiring someone who has the knowledge, education and expertise to actually know how to present a business plan to investors first? Not knocking you down, so I hope you don't take it as such.
We donīt have any financial resources for hiring people. Active supporters are always welcome and urgently needed!

8. What happened to user Dashtorontos contribution? Did you set up a donation "thingy" on your site?
I havenīt heard of him since a very long time.

9. An entirely personal question Harald, of out of curiosity, may I ask, how tall are you?
I am about as tall as you.

Anyway, good luck Harald! Keep up the hope and never give up!
Thanks

Best wishes
Harald
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »

Hey, Harald!

Great to hear from you and to learn that you're doing OK.

It's nearly three-and-a-half years since your first post and I guess it must be disappointing that you still haven't managed to secure the kind of support that you were hoping for, but as you know, I always thought that it would be close to impossible.

If you have anything else to report, please do keep us updated - we'd love to hear it!

Cheers,

MMT

Tomas170cm
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »

Hi Harold, thanks for your reply. And great that you are back and checking in once in a while.

"Some of them have talked personally with the researchers, but they havenīt visited their university."
Haven't these universities tried to attract the funding themselves? Even if the initiative came from you, they developed a proposal. Wouldn't they want to try their hands on it?

"If the investor/donator wanted that, we would guarantee anonymity of course."
Throughout this thread there have been statements such as "people don't want to be associated with this project" and even you said before:
"Height increase seems to be an extreme taboo, so we are unable to find 5 people in one country, that want to reveal their identity for such a project. *sigh*"
That is why I said: simply have him remain anonymous, right? So I don't understand why this is even an issue to mention? That is the only thing that needs to be said to those that express privacy. In fact, be sure to make this clear for any potential private investors you do contact.

"This amount would be needed to complete animal trials and prepare human trials."
Yes, but are you still on that step after 4 years? How much of that have you raised up till now? Isn't there a timeframe for this? I mean, wouldn't a proposal like this die out eventually? People move on to other things. Who has the right to these proposals?

"I havenīt heard of him since a very long time."
No web designers out there reading this who can help Harald out?

"There are different approaches. But every body part would have to be treated separately."
Interesting. So the proposal deals with symmetry and proportions? It isn't just: make me taller however (for that we have LL). It is about gaining overall size everywhere? So you could actually compete with, for example, a natural 6" guy? Meaning: torso, shoulder width, hands, everything would be equal to the guy that was naturally born so.
Also, how long would the lengthening of a body part take?

You said in another post:
"Well, we think, that the proposed research projects have the potential to increase arm and leg length and to increase torso height."
Is it only limbs and torso or everything is possible?

"I am about as tall as you"
=)

"Anyway, good luck Harald! Keep up the hope and never give up!
Thanks"

Honestly Harald, have you given up? There is no shame in it. It is quite sad that this actually didn't get off ground. It doesn't seem for a lack of trying, cause your passion and motivation is/was obvious from the start. I am very pleasantly surprised that you took things in to your own hands. It takes a special kind of individual to be as "bold" (in a good way), for a lack of better word, as you have been. At least you tried. And you deserve all the accolades for it! But I have to say, that I do hope that you don't give up. Live your life as best as you can, but keep the initiative alive in some form or another, just in case you come in to contact with that one some day...

How big is your group now? How many members?

I would very much like a copy of your proposal (my mail can be found in my profile) if it's alright with you? And if you are still offering?

Kind regards, Tomas
Tomas170cm
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »

Harald, I mean, sorry  Grin

Harald, I feel that you and your initiative are quite mysterious, even through this thread and up to this day.
Who are? How did this come about? What are your goals? What drives you? Even if some of the answers might be predictable (we are all here cause we want to be taller, of course).
I presume that your identification: "Harald Oberlaender" is your real name? If that is the case, then a debrief of you on your site would be great.
How did you become to be the organization that you are today? What kind of contribution does varies members give and can give? Are there specific "spots" in your organization? Someone for maintaining your site, someone to hunt for potential investors, someone to coordinate?  etc etc
I went through your entire site now and none of these queries are answered.

Who designed your website? A member? Paid a web designer to do it? Can you add and change the site "however" you want?
Cause to be frank, I stumbled on your site before i found MMT, and I thought back then that the site lacked something. It is too non-personal. There is no "face" in front of it, you don't know if you should take it seriously. I want to know the driver of this organization, cause it can look fishy on first site. On MMT you have revealed quite a lot about yourself and the project that you can't find on the site. The site just seems there. There is no FAQ there. No sign of balls moving or standing still. I found your site about a year ago, I thought: "great, there is such an organization with a height increase goal. I will check back again to see if things have changed". The only problem is I didn't know where you were at that point, what you actually tried to achieve. And one year later, the site is still the same. No updates! You could return 10 years later and you would go "great, there are people looking for a height increase", unknowing that the site looked the same 10 years earlier.
And I wonder how many people go through the same thing? They find it, saying "great" and then leave. If there was a FAQ where standard questions that any height seekers would like to ask were answered, when stumbled on the site, then they know: "oh, so that is possible and that not", "funding is [still] an issue, maybe I can offer some help", "oh, they need some expertise and help, maybe I can contribute". And so on.
If you need someone with web designing skills, ask for that specific expertise on your site. If you need someone with a business major, ask for that specifically. I am sure if a short web designing student or whatever came on your site and there was a need for someone like him in your organization, and he knew what the stake was and what the organization stood for, then he would gladly help. Cause the site is very honest at the same time, cause you, Harald, give a very honest impression. That is what is gonna either make or break this initiative I believe.
I wonder how many resourceful people come on to your site looking for a height increase, but there is no asking for a/their specific expertise, which they at least could've given if they knew that a demand for it was there.

How many visitors do you have on your site Harald?
I would very much like a bit on your site where you express origin to current state. Mention that funding is an issue.
Maybe ask people, and/or members on here, for opinion on how the site could improve.
short legged
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2010, 10:50:36 PM »

Hello Harald, any update about the research?
short legged
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »

Hi Harald, where are you now? any update about the Height Increase Research?
longernow
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »

Could this be the start of a new approach to leg lengthening?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/patients-could-grow-new-joints-14891346.html?r=RSS

have ppl seem this? What are your thoughts?
ashjay_jay
LL Veteran
MMT Contributor

Credibility 106

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2010, 12:23:03 AM »

Good information....

surgery done at India with Dr Sharan Patil
short legged
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »

Hello guys, good day.  I'm still waiting for Harald to update the Height Increase research.  Wink. . . I hope he will give us more information about the research.

Short Legged,
MMTA
Former Site Admin
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »

Could this be the start of a new approach to leg lengthening?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/patients-could-grow-new-joints-14891346.html?r=RSS

have ppl seem this? What are your thoughts?

How can regrowing damaged joints be a new approach to Leg Lengthening?!  Roll Eyes

captainForward
Lurker

Credibility -1

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2010, 02:30:27 AM »

Quote from: MMT Admin link=topic=28. msg38358#msg38358 date=1281871487
How can regrowing damaged joints be a new approach to Leg Lengthening?!  ::)

Just came across this thread and read the article.  The problem we all face here, as fully grown adults, is that our growth plates have fused, and hence, the material or structure which growth plates are comprised of have turned to solid bone.  The only way to stimulate bone generation is to break a bone and to distract the broken bone parts from each other at a certain rate.  I believe the methods proposed in the article could be applied to leg lengthening as follows: the scaffolding method mentioned in the article could be used to model the growth plates, whereby the patient would have their bones(s) broken and have the scaffolding placed between the two sections of the broken bone.  The problem here would be this: in the case of the rabbits, the surrounding musculature had already been grown to accommodate the bone to be grown, given that joints had been there previously.  For leg lengthening, the musculature must be stretched with the lengthening bone and the question then is this: if we were able to implant such scaffolding between bone sections, would the supplied growth factor (see article) be capable of generating bone so that the two bone sections are pushed apart or would such a scaffold only be capable of 'filling in the gap'?
Before you all attack me, please let me state that I am not an orthopedic expert and that the above are simply musings based on my limited knowledge of the areas in question.  I'm interested in this experiment and I'm merely pondering!!!
kaandereli
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »

if this work achieves some results it would become the biggest business in the world for sure!
5f6
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »

Uhm any updates?
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »

Dear 5f6,

some weeks ago we have been contacted by a young German researcher, who presented a very interesting idea for height increase, which may be in the best case non-surgical. But unfortunately we havenīt been able to solve our main problem: finding an interested donator or investor to start innovative height increase research projects.
The BGRI is currently nearly inactive due to a lack of active supporters, who want to realize a safe and effective alternative to LL surgery.
And I donīt have much time for the BGRI because of my job at the moment.

Best regards
Harald
http://www.growth-research.org
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

P.S.: So of course everybody, who wants to support the goals of the "Biomedical Growth Research Initiative", is very welcome ;-)!
Best regards
Harald
(E-mail: harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com)
mixxed
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:51 AM »

maybe you shoud be more specific about the idea of this german scientist, not just ask money...
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

Dear mixxed,

neither the idea of the German scientist nor the other proposed research project concepts are patent protected yet (and I had to sign strict confidentiality agreements). So of course I am not allowed to reveal details on a public discussion board. But as you have probably read in this thread: every interested donator or investor will of course receive oficial research proposals, he/she will be able to talk personally with the researchers and visit their laboratories before making a funding decision.

Best regards
Harald
GROWtallORdieTRYING
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2012, 06:48:10 AM »

hi haraldo
i admire your enthusiasm for your research project but ask yourself this............

if you wanted to be taller and you saved up 30k would you 1) give it to someone else for research purposes which could take 10 -20 more years if that or 2) go get ll and enjoy the rest of your life at your new height.....

so im sory but everytime you ask for funding it is sadly feutile, we want to be taller why would we invest in getting taller when we could just be taller through ll. makes no sence to ask for money here. i suggest you follow mmt's advice and try and find someone who is very rich and very short.

good luck in your future endeavours
suntemple33
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »

HELLO HARALD OBERLAENDER
 MY NAME IS DAVID AND I COME FROM GERMANY.
 I AM 22 YEARS OLD.  I TRY ALWAYS IN CONTACT WITH YOU TO COME (FOR 2 YEARS).
 BUT YOU DO NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS.  I HAVE 50,000 EURO AND I HAVE FOUND 2 INVESTORS.
 PLEASE WRITE ME AN EMAIL.  
 (suntemple33@web. de).  
 PLEASE WRITE AN EMAIL TO ME.   Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.