MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious (bio)medical height increase research projects  (Read 218771 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »

Hi Harald,

No one has stopped any discussion and we haven't withdrawn support - your posts and threads are still on our board, they are just no longer stickied as there are other topics that are more relevant in this section.

Stickied posts get the most views because they are always at the top of the board and are the things that people see first. People arriving at our site are looking for information about Leg Lengthening, and topics relevant to that are the ones need to promoted first.

Once you have some new announcements, progress to report or some tangible research, we'll happily sticky it again.

Regarding the market-sizing and opportunity, I'd be delighted to help - I have several friends who are senior executives in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and if you send me a summary of your research and market-sizing I'll be happy to put it in front of people in both Europe and America. I also have a friend who is doing a Masters at MIT in drug research who may be able to help in some way.

All the best!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 09:09:44 AM by MMT Admin » Logged

HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 09:22:03 AM »

>Regarding the market-sizing and opportunity, I'd be delighted to help - I have >several friends who are senior executives in pharmaceutical and >biotechnology companies and if you send me a summary of your research and >market-sizing I'll be happy to put it in front of people in both Europe and >America.
This is very exciting news. Of course you can have additional information. I?ll send you an e-mail.
Best regards
Harald
blup
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »

We'd like to receive regular information from this group about how the work is progressing.

In your main paper you told about a tissue engineered growth plate implant which has been tested on animals. Is it really working fine?

Y can't understand the logic behind that. You are conducting experiments on animals and I y am supposing you have obtained great results. So why is it still so difficult to find funds to perform on human beings? 

Thanks
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 07:36:52 PM »

Hello,

>We'd like to receive regular information from this group about how >the work is progressing.
Unfortunately there won?t be any news, until we find a funding source. And currently very few short statured people support our search. So I am not very optimistic, that we will be successful soon.

>In your main paper you told about a tissue engineered growth >plate implant which has been tested on animals. Is it really working >fine?
Only further studies with rabbits could tell.

>Y can't understand the logic behind that. You are conducting >experiments on animals and I y am supposing you have obtained >great results. So why is it still so difficult to find funds to perform >on human beings? 
I already answered this question. Here is my answer once again:
We have contacted several venture capital companies. But unfortunately it is not so easy, as you may think. First of all: Short stature is not an accepted medical disease. So public funding sources aren?t interested and even most private investors don?t realize, that this is a significant problem with significant market potential. In fact this kind of research would be a complete new line of research. Nobody has ever tried to develop a safe and effective biomedical height increase therapy for short statured adults. Additionally most biotech investors prefer to invest into late stage products, that are already in human clinical trials. There is a significant fear to loose money, if you invest too early in a biotech therapy. You have to know, that even established biotech companies (like e.g. Advances Tissue Sciences, Valigen, Kimeragen and many others) with promissing product candidates have run out of money during the last few years because of the difficult investment climate in the biotech scene. To sum up: At least during the starting phase we need an investor with a significant personal interest or even better a donator with a personal interest. As soon as human clinical trials have started, it will be much easier to attract large institutional investors. But without personal contacts it is really hard to find wealthy short statured donators or investors. So we need every help we can get in order to find such a funding source!     

Best regards
Harald
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 02:22:29 PM »

Dear MMT-administrator,

>Regarding the market-sizing and opportunity, I'd be delighted to >help - I have several friends who are senior executives in >pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and if you send me a >summary of your research and market-sizing I'll be happy to put it >in front of people in both Europe and America.

Do you still want to help us? I haven?t heard from you for quite a while. We urgently need a person with personal contacts to the biotech/pharma scene! You could be the key to realize the vision of a safe and effective height increase therapy in the foreseeable future!
Bye
Harald
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »

Dear MMT,
thanks for your e-mail and your support!!
Bye
Harald
blup
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 01:44:03 PM »

Hi,

Has it never occurred to you that you can organize a petition signing on an international basis (i.e on the internet) to prove that your biotech therapy fulfills needs of lots of short sized people?
"Vox Populi" is a powerful tool in achieving your goals and being successful.
So, approved organizations and academic and private investors would realize that your initiative is not an unrealistic project and would have a real market potential.

Yours faithfully
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »

>Has it never occurred to you that you can organize a petition >signing on an international basis (i.e on the internet) to prove that >your biotech therapy fulfills needs of lots of short sized people?

Thanks for your suggestion. We haven?t had a lack of good ideas, but unfortunately we have a lack of active support.
Would you organize such an online petition? If yes, please e-mail me.
Best regards and thanks again
Harald
harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:55:46 PM by HaraldO » Logged
blup
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »

Hi,
Unfortunately, I have only an intuitive knowledge of developing Website, and I am unable to carry out a so complicated project. I can't see anyone I know concerned in the offer.
But you, you are among familiar faces, so it would not be difficult to you to put an online petition signing on your Website.
You could also call for cash donations. I think that's an idea!
I believe that short sized people who come across your Website and read your leaflet are rapidly convinced. At the same time they are enthralled, there's no doubt in my mind that they will vote and / or will make at least a slight donation. (Every bit of money is welcome!)

But, I have still questions.
How long have you been looking for a financial support? 

Cordially,
Dashtoronto
MMT Member

Credibility -12

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 10:56:22 PM »

HaraldO,

I'm not going to get my hopes too high on this issue. But this idea of research into achieving what this reearch isstriving to set to accomplish, is what I can't help find exciting.

If they managed to achieve the answer to how to accomplish to get a person's skeletal structure growing again - at perfect proportion - AFTER adolescence and AFTER the the growth plates have locked in and fused to bone - would be an astounding, internationally reknowned and celebrated discovery. People from all over the world, germany, russia, america, italy, greece, asia, china, beijing would all embrace together, give a standing ovation and applaud and celebrate, dedicate marches down the street in celebration and declare a "Tall Day" in memorandum of this international occasion of such an overwhelming discovery.

So, what I'm trying to say is. I can't help feeling excited that they're actually pursuing this. Its incredible. I thought they would come up with the motivation and idea to pursue this in 20 years from now, but someone picked up the torch much sooner and has started investigating if this is possible to achieve. Itswonderful.

Can you keep us up to date on how they are proceeding? Are you in steady touch and access to their progress? Maybe keep us posted and up to date? Thanks.

Would be wonderful if they made some more profound and cornerstone discoveries to actually make this available and possible at cosmetic clinics where you can just walk in, pay, get an injection, and go back to your daily grind, continue growing perfectly proportioned, instead of trapped with the same stature. - even at the price of 500 per injection.

I would love to see more discussion and further exchanged opinions and ideas regarding this issue, from average forum members and from the scientists themselves, on the progress and even just the basic ideas regarding this study.

Also, am I a total fool for actually getting excited about this, and dreaming this would actually come true and be achieved? Perhaps, its a very long way down the road, far too long, like 20 years from now they'll just come out with a flawed and weak prototype - like they did for hair growth formula - Rogaine - that only worked for some people and didn't result in a total and overwhelming fleece for a  full head of hair. It gave weak and most cases, unnoticeable results.
But, they're coming out with a new, stronger version of rogain topical solution that is said to give a full head of hair - which is a great thing to look forward to.

So tell me, am I a fool for even thinking about this great investigation?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:01:55 PM by Dashtoronto » Logged
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »

Dear Dashtoronto,

>Can you keep us up to date on how they are proceeding? Are you >in steady touch and access to their progress?

I have always said and I have to say it again: These projects are at the proposal stage. They will only start, if WE (people with unwanted short stature) will find a significant funding source (at least 300.000 dollars). If we don?t find a funding source, these projects won?t be realized!
According to at least one proposal human trials could start within 3 years after the start of the project. So as sooner as we find a funding source, the sooner there will be new therapy options.
It all depends on us!
If you want to support our search for a funding source, please e-mail me (harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com)
Best regards
Harald
Dashtoronto
MMT Member

Credibility -12

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »

HaraldO,

I applaud your pursuit! As it is something I am wishing with all my heart for its success. If I could, I would shovel optimism and encouragement towards your struggle in the hopes that you and your team of scientists will preservere and not give up until a successful product is ultimately created. I would cheer you guys on, even during your time of hardest and most difficult times, till the end of my days, however long it takes for you guys to find the solution.

Anyways, having said that, from the bottom of my heart..

I haven't had the privilege and pleasure of reading your paper. I will hopefully find the link to it when I get the chance. 

If your studies come into fruition - with a successful  working product. The product itself, once on the market, will reap millions due to the fact that

Short stature is not an accepted medical disease. So public funding sources aren?t interested and even most private investors don?t realize, that this is a significant problem with significant market potential.

----> I'm sure all the little people, all the dwarves and the short statured   and even the height challenged people (the individuals that feel their height could still be improved just to improve their look, self-image, self esteem and overall,quality of life) All these people, in ALL these groups and categories ALL AROUND THE WORLD would disagree on the above statement.

Other reasons why the above statement would be disagreed upon and why the proposed product would be an overwhelming, mindblowing success

----> millions ALL OVER THE WORLD are entering leg lengthening clinics with a huge portion of their life savings.

----> Considering height is an overwhelmingly significant impact on a person's beauty and life, social life, romantic life, self esteem, self confidence, self image...etc.

----> the number of significantly short statured people (5 ft - 5'7 ft) of BOTH GENDERS ALIKE are most likely to show a huge, significant interest in this product. as they fall short of successfully winning over the attractive opposite sex in their lives.

----> Everyone wants to look their best and not be limited to self-improving themselves. Right now, height is a huge, OVERWHELMING physical limit.

----> height greatly impacts upon a person's physical beauty

----> In society, all over the world, height is used as a factor to determine and compare the value of individuals, in comparison among one another, in the workforce, as a form of discriminationg. (eg. higher position, authority, earning power, respect, etc.) that 99% of the time goes unacknowledged, unrecognized and unpunished, for lack of a better word.

----> Height is the uppermost factor that determines social status, job status, romantic status.

----> Height severely limits romantic options.

----> Height has been proven to be highly correlated with mental health. The proof and study of this isn't immediately available, but I tend to believe it with no reasonable doubt, in my mind.

These are the very significant and profound reasons why this study and development is very important and will have a profound impact on people's lives.

Having said that,

my final questions are,

having not had the privilege of reading your paper yet

Did you review the effects of Bovine Growth Hormone on a human body? It came so close, to achieving what you guys set out to achieve..

For the entire skeletal structure, every bone grows in syncrony, so that the person, having gained height, doesn't look abnormal, perfectly proportioned, but like any regular tall dude or dudette. So, he passes as if he just continued to grow, no abnormally long legs like surgery would give him the appearance of.

If not for the bone cancer and the extra space in the head, failed growth of the brain to compensate for the additional space, to go along with the bone growth. Bovince Growth Hormone causes the human skeletal structure to grow, but not the brain, which already reached adult size. Therefore, the brain doesn't grow, while the rest of the skull does, making the brain like a bean in a rattle, excess space fills up with spinal fluid, causing brain cancer

Does your pursuit also come across this obstacle?

My other question is,

Have you guys acquired any kind of financial support or investment, any kind of interest from any sponsers or investors at all, yet?

Thanks.

With all my sincerity,

Dashtoronto
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:03:02 PM by Dashtoronto » Logged
Dashtoronto
MMT Member

Credibility -12

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 06:16:53 AM »

>Has it never occurred to you that you can organize a petition >signing on an international basis (i.e on the internet) to prove that >your biotech therapy fulfills needs of lots of short sized people?

Thanks for your suggestion. We haven?t had a lack of good ideas, but unfortunately we have a lack of active support.
Would you organize such an online petition? If yes, please e-mail me.
Best regards and thanks again
Harald
harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com

I believe the idea of organizing an online petition is a powerful idea that could set this powerful wheel in motion. I believe with a co-operative force of every sincere heart on this forum (and I do believe there's alot of sincere and VERY interested familiar faces, on this forum.) can achieve to build, set up and maintain a complicated project and actualize the dream of collecting financial support and awareness from short people everywhere, from countless organizations that would review your research and lend their support.

Who knows who would be made aware of your research and pursuits, if we, as a team manage to set up an online petition. Could be other scientists, as well, from all around the world and large organizations/corporations that could help fund your research.

I, for one, have vast webdesigning skills. I'm sure I can have a team of webdesigners lending their knowledge and skills to also, assisting me on the website to found this online petition. I could find some familiar faces on this thread to be familiar skillful webdesigners, as would also their skilled friends, also and so on and so far. So, the network of kindred people working to set up, build and maintain the site would be boundless.

Anyone else in?
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »

>I, for one, have vast webdesigning skills.

In fact we could need your webdesigning skills in order to improve our homepage and add e.g. an online petition and/or an online donation option.
Let?s discuss details by e-mail.
Thanks
Harald
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »

Hi Harald,

Has the introduction that I effected for you to the biotechnology executive helped you to make any progress yet?

I have a couple of questions:

Who would your online petition be targeted at? Petitions normally rely on targetting a particular decision maker and encouraging them to make or change a particular policy decision. I don't understand who you would send it to.

Do you really think that people will put their real name and address on a web-site petition about short-stature? Without real names and addresses it would have no credibility, but I think that very few people would put their name to it.

Just a few thoughts that might help you to avoid doing too much work unnecessarily - I think that your efforts are better focused biotechnology and pharmaceutical executives.
Good luck!

HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »

Dear MMT,

>Has the introduction that I effected for you to the biotechnology >executive helped you to make any progress yet?
I am not leading the negotiations with this biotech executive. As far as I am informed there has been some initial interest, but the communication has been quite slow. At the moment it seems to be uncertain, if it will lead to real progress or not.

>Do you really think that people will put their real name and address >on a web-site petition about short-stature? Without real names >and addresses it would have no credibility, but I think that very >few people would put their name to it.
I agree with that. I am also very sceptical concerning the success of an online petition concerning a safe and effective height increase therapy.

Thanks for your support and your thoughts!
Harald

Dashtoronto
MMT Member

Credibility -12

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 08:13:31 PM »

HaroldO,

My apologies on the delays. As I am firing up my webdesign programs, and trying to get in touch with my webdesign associates.
Anyone on this board that has webdesign skills and are willing to assist would also be appreciated.

If anyone cares to contribute to the team effort, let me know.
My email is Torontowebdesign@hotmail.com.

Dashtoronto.

As my desire to sincerely and effectively improve your site. To grant your further progress is strong.

P.S. As I am gathering a number of people to assist me. Any further volunteers would greatly speed up the progress of improving and building their site.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:16:15 PM by Dashtoronto » Logged
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 06:48:09 AM »

Dear dashtoronto,

thank you very much for your efforts. I also saw, that you wrote me two e-mails three days ago. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with my hotmail-account. I can open my mailbox, but I can?t open e-mails. I hope, that this problem will be solved soon. Sorry for the delay!

Bye
Harald
essence
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 11:13:52 PM »

Hi All,

I am one of those persons who are confused  Huh?

My impression would be that anyone pursing a research project of this magnitude would certainly have serious qualifications and extensive knowledge, certainly even moreso if you are a team!

To be able to identify chemical composition that can possibly modify the structure of human being significantly would be nothing short of genius!

My question therefore would be, what are you credentials? Are these credential not significant enough that you are recognised by an institution?  What about the college/university professors that recognise your work?

The two guys who run the human genome project were home schooled by the mother, but even then in the closed knit home, when they went to make progress in further studies were recognised because of their skill! 

I am having difficulty buying into all of this, however the talk of on line petitions, approaching executives paints a different story.

Can you lay the cards on the table and break it all down as to what is going on here!

HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »

Hello,

>My question therefore would be, what are you credentials? Are >these credential not significant enough that you are recognised by >an institution?  What about the college/university professors that >recognise your work?

I don?t understand your request. I am not a researcher, I am just a short statured support group member. The research proposals were written by respected researchers at well-known universities - not by me or any other member of our support group.
Bye
Harald

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.