MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 05:21:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious (bio)medical height increase research projects  (Read 183974 times)
femurs2014
Femurs w/ Precise II - Dr. M - March 2014
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 11

« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »

I don't know about you guys but Harold seems like a nice guy.... However after reading his first post I knew it was not worth anytime to learn more about his group.

Unless he is the scientist or the investor his group will go no where.  He is just s group of short guys wanting to get taller.  Waste

If you want to get taller you need to do LL.

Maybe one day there will be an alternative but it won't come from Harold's group.  His group doesn't bring any uniqueness to the project other than being short.  So dr's wanting to do a case study will perform their own with their selection.

Overall any LL will require surgery.  There is no pill or drink that will ever magically go straight to one bone and make it grow.  It's funny people don't understand that.  If there was a magic serium it would need to be injected in bone, but of course , you still have limitations to the speed of the growth as well.  So maybe you would need to inject everyday??? All soft tissue needs to stretch - veins , muscles, nerves, ligaments...

I was laughing after the first sentence.  Not that I don't believe there could be a better way to do this in the future - but because it won't come from Harold's group.  No money and no knowledge.

Sorry Harold not picking on u, just stating reality. You made the post.

I just don't want anybody getting their hopes up reading this topic.

Starting 170.8
Goal 178.8
Completed 179.1
OP - MARCH 6TH 2014
ROD REMOVAL & STEM CELL KNEE INJECTIONS - JUNE 4th 2015
Dr. Mahboubian Journals
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »

Dear femurs2014,
I respect your opinion, but of course I have a different opinion.
We have been in contact with respected university researchers and according to their research proposals a minimally invasive height increase therapy option could be possible in the foreseeable future. The main problem is still the funding problem, not the science.
Best wishes
Harald
P.S.: @MiracleGrow, are you still visiting this board? Would be great to hear from you again.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »

Dear femurs2014,
I respect your opinion, but of course I have a different opinion.
We have been in contact with respected university researchers and according to their research proposals a minimally invasive height increase therapy option could be possible in the foreseeable future. The main problem is still the funding problem, not the science.
Best wishes
Harald
P.S.: @MiracleGrow, are you still visiting this board? Would be great to hear from you again.
What is the progress? It has been 9 years since you first posted on here.
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

Dear shortlegs,
unfortunately there hasn´t been major progress, as we haven´t found a serious funding source yet. There will be real progress as soon as we have found such a funding source.
We have a standard contact letter, which we will forward to any person, that wants to support our search in his/her home town / home country. We are currently a very small initiative. So every support counts!!!
Best wishes
Harald
P.S.: Our homepage is online again. Is there anybody, who could update the homepage for us?
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2015, 10:23:26 AM »

Hello,
has anybody here a LinkedIn-account? I´d like to contact an Asian angel investor on this platform.
Thank you very much and best wishes
Harald
frankdrebin
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »

Harald,
Have you thought of starting an Indiegogo campaign? If you make a good case for it, you could certainly raise a few hundred thousand dollars and possibly more.

PS: Is it normal I can't post new topics? I was looking to discuss something here. . .
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »

Hello,
our homepage http://www.growth-research.org has expired. We are currently reloading the homepage at http://www.growthresearch.org
I hope, that the homepage will be online again soon.
If there are volunteers, that are interested in supporting our "Biomedical Growth Research Inititative", please send me a short e-mail. Every support is very welcome!!!
Best wishes
Harald
smallpackage
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2016, 01:21:40 AM »

Hi Harald,

When do you expect your updated new home page to be accessible?

Thank you!!
madefor70
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »

Biomedical Research Initiative is likely a scam.

I have contacted universities researchers the Biomedical Research Initiative claims to support who are:
1) Harvard University: Dr.  Vacanti denies knowing them.  University confirmed is a scam from my email contact.
2) University of Alberta - Dr.  Tarek El-Bialy: Denies knowing them.
3) Chinese University of Hong Kong - No response
4) Ruhr University Bochum - University found the Biomedical Research Initiative suspicious and are tracking their emails.

Plus all universities I know have their own process of collecting donations for research.  You can easily find it by typing "<university name> donate".

Regarding the Biomedical Research Initiative researcher Ben/Benjamin Felder who claims to graduate from the Ruhr University Bochum, is found to be suspicious by the university.  Benjamin himself who claims to be working on his own start-up and not a researcher of the university anymore uses emails that look like university emails but can be faked: Benjamin. Felder@ruhr-uni-bochum. de and benjamon. felder@rub. de

The email benjamon. felder@rub. de has been deleted but I still have a record of it, so does the Ruhr University Bochum.

I have email logs if needed.  Some are able to be shared while some aren't due to university policy.

This is a group who has been around about ~14 years, with no progress.  If they were legitimate at all they're time wasted so much time. 
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2016, 04:15:32 PM »

Dear SysOp,
I have to talk to you concerning the post from madefor70, who published confidential information in his posting. Could you please send me a personal message or an e-mail to harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com
Thank you very much
Harald
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »

I am really tired of anonymous posters discussing if the "Biomedical Growth Research Initiative" was a scam. Obviously we can´t be a scam, as we don´t accept money from anyone. Every money would go directly to serious university researchers. And of course every interested donator or investor will receive the research proposals first and he/she will be able to meet the researchers personally at their university. And of course we can prove, that we have been in contact with serious researchers in the past.
Best regards
Harald
madefor70
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2016, 09:14:04 AM »

I am really tired of anonymous posters discussing if the "Biomedical Growth Research Initiative" was a scam. Obviously we can´t be a scam, as we don´t accept money from anyone. Every money would go directly to serious university researchers. And of course every interested donator or investor will receive the research proposals first and he/she will be able to meet the researchers personally at their university. And of course we can prove, that we have been in contact with serious researchers in the past.
Best regards
Harald

The Biomedical Research Initiative asks for monetary donations/investment claiming it is for those universities research projects and researchers. Hence, your actions are actually saying you represent those universities. I am claiming these are the sources you claim to support. Your clear lack of denial and wanting removal implies the BMI does claim to support them. If the universities post a statement on their website that BMI is authorized to request for donations or investments, then I am mistaken.

I also have evidence in the form of emails to them and their replies but it's just typed up words. Your so called "proposals" can be taken from the source or made up.

I have nothing to hide hence I invite curious members to check (call/email/etc) with Harvard, Alberta, Chinese University of Hong Kong and Ruhr University Bochum regarding the Biomedical Research Initiative. This doesn't stop you from being time wasters with no progress over a decade.
blueturtle
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »

@madefor70: nice job doing the research to dispel a scam.

I feel sorry for the folks in this thread who actually thinks this donation based "research project" would ever materialize. This is a scam like every other magic pill and stretching e-book on the internet, they attack short people's insecurities and give them hope there would be a solution where you don't have to break your legs.
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2017, 04:14:45 PM »

Hello,
here is an interesting new study concerning regenerative nanomedicine for bone regeneration:
https://www.dovepress.com/nanoengineered-implant-as-a-new-platform-for-regenerative-nanomedicine-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-IJN
The international research team (e.g. from the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research) desribes their advanced double 3D bone implant, which resulted in superior bone formation in vitro as well as in vivo. Another small step towards a tissue engineered bone regeneration therapy, which may also be useful for a future height increase therapy. As long as specific biomedical height increase research projects haven´t started yet, these unspecific advances are at least minor progress also for the future indication bone lengthening and height increase.
Best regards
Harald
mantrip
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:47 PM »

I hope you are right .  Because there should not be a need to break a limb to increase  its length it with the technology that is available these days.  I hope its reality within a couple of years!
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »

Dear Mantrip,
I absolutely agree, that available tissue engineering, stem cell and gene therapy technologies could show the way towards a safe and effective height increase therapy. If you want to discuss the possibilities in more detail, you are welcome to send me an e-mail (harald_oberlaender@hotmail.com).
Best regards
Harald
http://www.growthresearch.org
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2017, 04:14:03 PM »

Hello everybody,
here is an article about significant progress concerning an advanced 3D printer that can construct complex human tissues and organs, for example bones

Quote:
"A group of Scientists has announced the invention of a brand new 3D printer that can produce muscles, bones and other types of complex tissues of human body. ...
Senior researcher Dr. Anthony Atala stated that the final target is to design a printer that can construct any type of human tissue. Tissue damaged by trauma, disease or birth defects can be replaced with fresh and healthy tissues if the scientific venture succeeds. Dr. atala explained that the research team plans to take primary tissue from patients body so that the immune system won’t attack rebuilding process of organs. The team of researchers is looking forward to construct ear, bone and muscle tissue using the 3D printer very soon. It took 10 years to build the new 3D printer. So far now, the printer is capable of creating biodegradable plastic like material those are able to provide us with printed tissue a type of shape.”
Researchers constructed a jawbone fragment and it was designed in perfect size and shape so that it future it could be used for facial reconstruction. ...
The primary target is to create ears, nose or bones before creating complex tissues or other organs. The study was financed by the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine. The institute supported this study in order to create better medicine to treat war injuries."
( http://news4j.com/2016/02/17/advanced-3d-printer-that-can-construct-complex-human-tissues-and-organs/ )
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »

Hello again,
here is an article concerning progress towards mass production of bones and other organs:

Quote:
"We’re getting closer to mass production of bones, organs, and implants

Medical researchers have been able to create certain kinds of living cells with 3D printers for more than a decade. Now a few companies are getting closer to mass production of higher-order tissues (bone, cartilage, organs) and other individually tailored items, including implants.  ...
Organovo Holdings Inc.
Based in San Diego; 120 employees

What Organovo has successfully transplanted human liver tissue into mice to cure chronic liver failure. Pending the success of human trials, possible applications include the $3 billion market for inherited conditions such as hemophilia.

Who Ten-year-old Organovo, co-founded by bioprinting pioneer Gabor Forgacs, a professor at the University of Missouri, has received more than $100 million in funding for its development of 3D-printed tissues. The company uses bioprinted tissue to test drug toxicity and effectiveness on behalf of Big Pharma companies including Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. and Merck & Co.

Next Steps The company says it plans to begin human clinical trials by 2020. It’s also developing printable bone tissue for skeletal disease research and co-developing 3D-printed skin with L’Oréal SA."
( https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/tech/were-getting-closer-to-mass-production-of-bones-organs-and-implants/ )
Kris
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »

Woah, I'm glad that this topic is still alive - gonna be your supported right now  Cool

Starting height: 173
Current: 173
Dream height: 180

Average male height in my region: 180

Aiming for LL this year
HaraldO
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »

Hello again,
here is another progress towards regrowing new bone.
Best regards
Harald

Quote:
"Tiny bubbles and a bit of gene therapy heal major bone fractures in pigs
...Now, researchers have combined ultrasound, stem cells, and gene therapy to stimulate robust bone repair. So far the work has only been performed in animals. But it has already been so successful that it’s expected to move quickly toward human clinical trials.

The new research “has huge clinical significance,” says David Kulber, who directs the Center for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, and who was not part of the study. “The technology of being able to stimulate bone growth is really remarkable.”
Over the last several years, Gazit’s team—among others—has developed an alternative strategy for efficiently getting genes into MSCs without viruses. The researchers start by packing the wound with the usual collagen matrix and waiting for a couple of weeks for the stem cells to infiltrate the scaffold. They then create a solution containing numerous copies of their gene of interest alongside gas-filled micron-sized bubbles encased by a thin shell of fat molecules. After injecting this solution into the fracture site, they go over the area with an ultrasound wand, much as it’s done by obstetricians to check on the health of a fetus. The wand’s ultrasound pulses burst the microbubbles, briefly punching nano-sized holes in any adjacent stem cells, which allows the genes in the solution to enter.
Gazit’s group has gotten better results by using the same approach to insert copies of the gene for BMP-6 into pigs that had been surgically given 1-centimeter gaps in a leg bone. After waiting 8 weeks, they found that the bone gap was closed and the leg fracture was healed in all of the treated animals."
( http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/05/tiny-bubbles-and-bit-gene-therapy-heal-major-bone-fractures-pigs )
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.