MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:37:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inchitator - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - Inchitator's Beijing escapade...  (Read 27525 times)
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« on: November 18, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

Inchitatorís Beijing Escapade

After some internal dialogue about the boons and banes of writing a Diary, I have decided I will go ahead with it, even if it means leaking clues about my identity, and in order to prepare for this momentous occasion, I have a new nickname (changed from taller_pls).

Over the last couple of years I have learnt a lot from this forum and hopefully through this diary I can give some back by sharing insights into the world of leg lengthening through my own experience. However, I also have selfish motives:

1.   To receive help and advice from the Pros who have been there! Seen it all! And graduated from the Beijing school of leg lengthening!
2.   Based on the experiences of others, I know there will be ďwhy the hell did I do thisĒ moments. Hopefully this diary would be a medium for me to get some positive energy from the members here.

Brief History

I found out about LL surgery several years ago, when I was still in my early teens. However, there was no way I could afford it, so with my exuberant youthful energy I decided to spend the next few years of my life making money so that I could eventually afford this. A couple of years ago, I discovered this website and realised that LL was now a lot more affordable. So I started saving and set myself an Apr 2010 target for the surgery. Fortunately, I am running ahead of schedule and I am all set to go now, visas sorted, tickets arranged and will get the operation done in the first week of Dec. I will be happy with 8 cm (although I would certainly raise the point about going for 10 cm in my meeting with Dr. Xia). I am currently 157 cm so every cm is gold.

The reason I decided to go for LL is because, I believe height has also been a source of insecurity for me and at the same time has always been a major obstacle for me in terms of maximising my potential. I have been a top performer at most things I have done, be it sports, education or other social stuff, however I have had to work twice as hard to get the same results due to the social and psychological effects of being short. Also I am tired of peopleís insensitive comments, which are not always made with an intention to hurt.

At the same time, not being tall has also been a source of great mental strength which has allowed me to achieve some great successes at a very young age. But I think, I have learnt all the lessons being short had to teach me, and itís time to use all that ďmental strengthĒ to transform my life through Leg lengthening surgery. For the record, I am in my early 20ís.

I fly out in 10 days time and have been told that my roommate is a member of this forum and a really cool guy, so I cannot wait to meet him and other members of the ďwill be tallerĒ gang. I would love to hear from people who have been to Beijing before or are there now. Any words of wisdom in terms of how I should prepare are always welcome. I will try my best to keep you guys posted and update this diary as often as possible. I will also try and get some pictures for you.

再见 zŗi jiŗn
Inchitator
skidude
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »

Good luck dude, I can't wait to start reading a more up to date journal from China.   BTW what country are you from originally?
mocha
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »

Good luck man !!! Wink

If you are short and you look at your individual formation as a puzzle, then LL should be the last piece of it.
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »

Skidude: Thanks. I am from the UK.

Mocha: Cheers
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »

Good luck, fella Smiley

MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:09:59 PM »

P.S. I love the new name Smiley

NoTanAlto2
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:41 PM »

Glad you decided to write one! Good luck with everything man.
Hopefully I'll be there towards the end of January!  Grin

Bar
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!
I am sure our ways will be cross thereÖ

Who Dares Wins
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 05:25:43 AM »

Cheers MMT

NaTanAlto: Hope to see you there

Phi: Thanks Phi. Are you planning to go or are you already in Biejing?
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »

Sorry for not posting any updates. I arrived in China a couple of days ago, and my experience so far has been very positive. The hospital staff is very friendly and most of the international patients are pretty cool. My surgery is tomorrow morning and I will post a more detailed update a few days after that.
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

hey man,
Just a few advices for you:
- try not to eat much the night before the surgery or if you did, try to go to toilet and let everything out  Grin because after the surgery you won't be able to move for around a week
- Prepare some snacks, juices and yogurt to keep you going after the surgery for the above reason. During this bed ridden time, do not anything too heavy.
- If you feel sharp pain when you wake up after the operation, tell the nurses. Last time when they did it, the nurses forgot to unlock the morphine switch on my back! I was in pain for 3 nights .. oh well, no think back about that, the experience made me a tougher guy now anyway, but i guess you may not want it.

See you around 16/12.

Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

Thanks Man..appreciate the advice.

By the way, its wonderful to have nice clean shaven legs for a change...
NoTanAlto2
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

Good luck, hope all goes well!

I'm sure you're going to have a sleepless night tonight....I know I won't be able to sleep the night before the surgery. There are nights I dont sleep just thinking about it   Embarrassed
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »

Hello inchiator - congratulations on making the big leap. Will you also be having the mandatory double cut they are now doing in Beijing?
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 12:12:52 AM »

Thanks again guys.

An hour to go..Actually I had a pretty decent sleep...and just had a few more tests done.

I didn't actually ask the doctor about the double cut, but based on my discussions with other patients, it does seem like, it would be a double cut.

I just want to get the first 7 days out of the way quickly, and I am sure, I will be able to manage after that, even if I have limited mobility..

Gotta go...my surgery clothes are here now.....Tick Tock, tick tock, tick tock
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »

Gotta go...my surgery clothes are here now.....Tick Tock, tick tock, tick tock

Good luck - I remember that feeling well Smiley

Muttonchops
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:42 AM »

Good luck! Hope everything goes well with your surgery!
Cheers  Wink

Muttonchops

1. 66 cm
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »

Update: 10th December

Sorry for not keeping you wonderful people updated about my journey. Itís been an interesting one so far. Today is my 8th day after the surgery, and things are going pretty OK. On an emotional front, I think I am doing well, people around here are pretty good, and I do get the feeling that the nurses take good take care of you (at least initially). The maid was absolutely fantastic for the first few days after the surgery. Physically, there are no major complications as such, and the pain so far is very much manageable. More than the pain, itís the discomfort of being confined to a room and not being able to move your legs freely, thatís a bit disconcerting.

I am in Room 17/18 which I have been told was MMTís room.

The Arrival

On arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Beijing airport is exactly what itís touted to be. Probably as good as any international airport and I was able to clear through immigration and get my baggage without any delays. Ronneís representative was waiting for me outside with my name along with the driver. Upon meeting him, I was driven down to the Hospital, which was about a 45-minute drive from the airport. Once again, I was impressed by the infrastructure of Beijing. Ronneís representatives did not speak much English, so communication was limited to ďmy nameĒ and ďyour nameĒ.

As soon as I reached the hospital my temperature and blood pressure were checked. After this I met Ronne and was taken into my room, where I met my roommate who is also from Britain and had been lengthening for about 35 days prior to my arrival. I also had a chance to catch up with a few other international patients, most of whom are pretty much coming to the end of their lengthening phase. Then I had a quick chat with Dr. Xia and my consultation was booked for the next day.

X-Ray and Consultation

I had my X-Ray and a few more tests first thing next morning. The X-Ray room was shockingly outdated but nonetheless, fit for purpose. The results seemed quite good and during my consultation with Dr. Han and Dr. Peng, I was advised that I had good bone density, strong legs and do not require any correction. So it was all ďHurrayĒ.

The day was capped off by sorting out payments and a trip to the local Walmart, which is pricier than the supermarkets in the UK. I went around the city the next day and took some pictures. Once again, Beijing is a fantastic city and the markets are awesome. Then finally, I was taken to get my legs shaved, my legs were measured so that my frame could be designed accordingly and I was advised not to eat anything after 10 PM, because of the surgery the next day.

The Surgery

I had a good nightís sleep, and was absolutely pumped up about the surgery. Because I had spent so much time mentally preparing myself for this, I did not even for a moment felt nervous or anxious, I just wanted to go in there and come back out with my very own frames, which would transform my life. At sharp 8.00 Clock, I was prepared for the surgery, after been given some antibiotics and my surgery clothes. However, I had to wait slightly longer, as they decided to operate on a Chinese girl before me. I was taken into the room at 11.30 AM, and it was a great feeling. It was a long impending dream turning into reality.
Once inside the surgery room, I was given an injection on my arm and the epidural went into my spine. Within seconds of receiving the epidural, I could feel my legs going numb.  However, I did not knock out completely. I could hear the surgeons having a joke or two, as they started to put my legs up on a hangar like structure while I was lying down. Then they put some kind of a cloth in front of my eyes, so I couldnít see my legs directly. For the rest of the surgery, I could not see much, firstly due to the cloth in front of my eyes, and secondly because I decided to keep my eyes closed, although I could hear the doctors talking during the surgery. At the end of the surgery, I was taken to my room by 4 or 5 nurses. I clearly remember being put on my bed. I was in a state of unconscious awareness for the next few hours, going to sleep on and off. I woke up about 5-6 hours after my surgery. I could not feel my legs at all, as expected for the next couple of days. It was on the 3rd day that I was able to have a slightly better look at my legs.

Day 1-4 after surgery were pretty good. Much better than expected. Itís wonderful to see pretty nurses come and greet you first thing in the morning and take a good look at your feet and whenever they did, I said ďYeah, my feet feel Perfecto!!...or at least for the first 3 days:
(First Challenge) On day 4, my left foot had some swelling and I could feel pain throughout the foot, on the joints and on the lower part of my leg just above the joints. So when the nurses came with their pretty faces, I had to say ďTong TongĒ, which is Chinese for Pain. But I did not think much of it, as I had been told I was recovering very well, and so far I had been feeling great about the recovery process, so I thought it was just a temporary glitch.

My epidural was also taken off on Day 4, so that was a bit of a relief, although I could hardly notice it while it was in there.

Day 5:

I was told my catheter would be taken off today and I was pretty happy about it. Just before it was taken out I was told to drink plenty of water, so that I am able to pee as soon as itís taken off. I had plenty of water and was absolutely stuffed, my bladder overflowing. Taking out the Catheter, isnít all that bad, itís a sharp pain that lasts for less than 2 seconds, so itís gone before you realise it. BUT, after my catheter was taken off, I could not pee in the pee pot. I tried every trick in the book, my system was really hurting, but I just could not pee because it can take a while for your muscles to gain the strength after your catheter is taken off.

This had to be my worst experience in the first 8 days after surgery so far.

The swelling on my left foot was still pretty bad.

Day 6:

This was my first low day since I have been here. I was starting to get really worried about the swelling and starting to think, that this might delay the
beginning of my lengthening phase. Pretty much every doctor had come to have a look at it by now, including Dr. Xia, and they all looked concerned. This was the first time, that the realisation that things could actually go wrong dawned on me.

They also decided to carry on with the I V for the 6th straight day since surgery, although it is usually taken off at day 5 according to the nurses. While going to bed today, I decided I had to get my act together, and stay positive, so I decided to keep myself busy the next day and created a little to do list.

Day 7:

I woke up pretty late, after watching a late night movie. But for the first time after surgery, I decided to leave my room, using two chairs, and had a chat with the Guys in the opposite room. It was very refreshing, to be finally able to get out of the room. The swelling has improved, but is still there. Swelling is not so much of a problem, but the fact that I am unable to move the toes on the left foot freely, like I can do on my right, is a bit of a concern. I would be really interested in knowing, if anyone else had similar problems. 
With the aim of getting my spirits back on track, I also called Ronne, to get some clarification on what to expect over the next few days, so that I have something to look forward to and I was given some good news. I was told that I would be taken for an X-Ray on Day 9 and can start lengthening from Day 12.

This was a huge relief and I was starting to feel good again.

I also received my first Bow Jow today and wow..they feel absolutely great.

Day 8:

Today has probably been one of my better days in the last few days and my spirits are high again. Firstly, One of the more friendlier nurses came in to see me this morning for my IV (Yes, it is still carrying on into the 8th day now because of the swelling on the left feet) so I had a fairly flirty start to the day. Then I decided I will make more of an effort to navigate around the room, and I have been able to do so much without any help, i.e:

ē   I made my first cup of tea myself
ē   I went to the toilet by myself without any help at all, had a nice shave and all
ē   I have just been navigating around the room doing different things, and there is a sense of new found freedom/mobility.

It feels great to be slightly more self-dependent.

Then, a stranger from one of the other rooms, sent me a little table (with a note saying itís for sale), that can be kept on the bed to be used with the laptop and stuff and I decided to buy it. Itís a great luxury, itís so much easier to use the laptop on the bed now, and I feel I can do so much more to kill time now. This means more updates for you guys as I get more comfy with using my laptop 

Then I had my first massage, which was OKíish, probably not as great as expected but the Bow Jow later on felt great.
Finally, the doctor came in to say that I should start exercising from tomorrow and suggested a few exercises. I had already started these, so I am on the Ball here. I am able to lift my left leg up without support but not the right one yet. I am also able to bend my legs without much problem.

Thatís all folks. Time for me to watch a movie and I am really looking forward to my X-Ray tomorrow. Hereís a picture of my legs for you.

SLICKER
Formerly Japadr0
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -11

Formerly Japadr0

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »

Inchitator,

It sounds like things are going great for you so far....what did the docs tell you there about the double cut procedure and how quickly do you think you will be able to safely lengthen your legs in the amount you want....??  What do you think of the double cut procedure??
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 11:16:19 PM »

I am in Room 17/18 which I have been told was MMTís room.

Congratulations on successfully coming through the surgery - now the procedure really starts Smiley

My main room was actually 13/14 - but I stayed in 17/18 for a bit, I think. 13/14 is the room at the end of the surgical corridor on the left-hand side facing the courtyard. So many fond memories!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your journey Smiley

Good luck! MMT

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.