MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inchitator - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2009 - Inchitator's Beijing escapade...  (Read 27520 times)
skidude
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 04:02:44 AM »

great post, can't wait to start seeing pictures.
NoTanAlto2
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:10 AM »

Glad to hear it was a success, other than the swelling of the foot. Hope that the rest of your journey is an easy one, as far as LL can be.
cypher
Banned
Lurker

Credibility 8

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »

I still haven't made up my mind where I'm going for LL, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on this diary to see how you fare with the double cut procedure. Good luck on your journey!
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 09:45:14 AM »

Japadr0: Thanks. Itís a bit early to say if double cut is a better option than single cut, as the first patient to have got it, is still in the hospital. It would certainly mean a shorter lengthening period though. However, with a double cut you are asking a lot off your body. My roommate has been asked to 7 clicks during the last few days of his lengthening, as his bone growth is very good. I have also been told there is someone doing 8. This would probably have been insane back in the day.

I havenít received any instructions from my doctor yet, but I am expecting to be asked to do 6 turns a day, which equates to 1 mm/day. I am aiming for about 8 cm.

MMT, Notanalto, Cypher
: Thanks guys.

Skidude: I have been trying to post a picture, but literally every image uploading site is blocked in China.

Day 9

I did not sleep too well last night, as I had some pain on my pin sites and there was some bleeding in quite a few of them. So far I have been resisting the temptation to take Tramadol or sleeping pills (except one night) but it would be interesting to see how long I can survive without them. Ideally, I would like to postpone it as much as possible.

I also had my X-Ray done today and have been told that everything looks good so far. I just canít wait to start lengthening from Monday. I really want to see some tangible results in lieu of the pain.

Itís amazing how quickly I am losing weight off my thighs and hips. In just 9 days, they feel so much slimmer. My right leg, continues to be a lot weaker than my left for now.

Breaking News:

We were told by Ronne yesterday, that the hospitable would be moved to a new location by the end of this month or the first week of January. That would certainly be a nice change of scenery. The new location is supposed to be close to the airport and I am hopeful would be better than the existing one.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »

Breaking News:

We were told by Ronne yesterday, that the hospitable would be moved to a new location by the end of this month or the first week of January. That would certainly be a nice change of scenery. The new location is supposed to be close to the airport and I am hopeful would be better than the existing one.

Wow! That's amazing - I cannot wait to hear about that - and the next instalment of your diary Smiley

galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 02:03:28 AM »

I can't wait to hear more about the new place. Once your settled in, maybe you could provide us with some pictures of the hospital.
Legolas
Advisor
MMT Member

Credibility 146

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »

New locations usually come with more overhead, which means higher LL rates. They'll have to offset the moving/relocating costs somewhere, won't they? Fingers crossed.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 11:34:10 AM »

New locations usually come with more overhead, which means higher LL rates. They'll have to offset the moving/relocating costs somewhere, won't they? Fingers crossed.

As always, Legolas, as one of our more intellectual members, highlights an inconvenient truth - that the prices in Beijing are likely to go up as a result of this move.

Watch this space Wink

MMT

Aeschma Deava
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »

This is true. However, I wouldn't be too worried. I e-mailed the Beijing institute a few days ago asking how much of a price difference can I expect between now and 2012 and the doc who responded said the price should not increase by much. Though, a few percent for something as expensive as this is still quite a bit of money  Cheesy

Formerly CthulhuGorath
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 04:12:03 AM »

This is very interesting news.
Ronne tols me back in the days that they were looking for a better place but I never thought they actually do it.
The current place isn't too bac actually.
Theres a courtyard in the middle that everyone can hang out.
The major problem was that the plumbing was horrible.
The toilets got clogged all the time and when stuff regurgitate back up, they sight isn't pretty.
I guess that means when I go back Jan 20th, I'll be seeing the new place.
I was actually looking forward to seeing the old place.
And you guys are right, prices will go up.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 04:36:17 AM »

I am not exactly sure if moving to the new place, would lead to an increase in prices, at least not in the short term. If the new place has more rooms, (which I imagine should be the case, if the hospital has commercial aspirations to grow the business), it would mean the supply (of rooms) could potentially exceed demand. This place is not exactly full of international patients at the moment. This may in fact open up some room for negotiation from a patients perspective. Also, keeping the prices at existing levels would mean, instead of increasing prices to offset relocation costs, they could target increased volumes of patients (facilitated by more rooms of course). But, it all depends on a lot of factors, so it would be interesting to see how it pans out.

NoTanAlto2
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 05:00:11 AM »

I would imagine it would take a while to transfer all the equipment over to the new place and for everyone to get everything settled in...so hopefully no complications occur with anyone during the move time bc that would probably be the worst time to get a complication (not like there is a good time to get a complication  Cheesy)
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »

Here are some pictures:

Our lovely maid:

That's my frames 3 days after surgery:

That's our room:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:01:46 AM by Inchitator » Logged
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »

Day 12

I started lengthening today and it was a great feeling. I also used the walker for the first time and was able to stand without too much of a problem. However, my left foot is still not fully functional, and my big toe still isnt very flexible. However, my doctor believes that it should sort itself out in a few days.

Later in the day, I tried walking around the room with a walker and was able to do that, albeit with some discomfort. My right leg seems to be a lot more comfortable taking pain, as compared to my left one, partly because of the problems with my left foot and partly because when I put weight on my left leg, I sometimes get a strange sharp burning sensation just under my knee. I am also now able to move around the room, with one chair instead of two, which gives me a bit more flexibility to move around.

Several international patients around here, finish lengthening next week, so I guess after a month from now, I will probably be one of the few ones from the existing batch of international patients. My estimates tell me, I have approximately 495 more clicks left to meet my target, after my 5 clicks today. So' its certainly a long journey ahead.

However, one of the cutest nurses around here, has agreed to teach me some Mandarin personally, and my first session yesterday was awesome. That will certainly keep me interested. I also had my first visit to the Gym today, and although there's not much excercise equipment there, there is a Karioke machine, that is good fun. It was a nice little change. Very few people seem to hang out, because of the cold weather, which is a bit of a shame, as it limits opportunities to meet new people.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:19:48 PM by Inchitator » Logged
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 12:47:58 AM »

A great update - really happy to know that people are still following a path similar to mine, and finding it just as stimulating. Enjoy! Smiley

NoTanAlto2
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »

It stinks that the cold weather has such an affect on the LL process, especially from a social aspect. Hopefully it doesnt get in the way too much while going about with your daily exercising/stretching. I remember reading that the heater did go out once or twice....that must put a damper on starting the morning (getting out of bed) Undecided
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 05:56:27 AM »

Day 13 - 18

Standing 0.65 Cm Taller (Based on Clicks)

Last few days have been fantastic. I am at a stage, where I am not counting days anymore, but instead trying to focus more on how to make the most of my time in Beijing. I am looking for fun things to do, focussing more on learning new chinese words, with the help of my pretty nurse, and am generally starting to get "Busy". Just like in the UK, I now have a checklist of things to do, and it has more items on it, then I can manage to do in a day, which means I am always Busy, which means I am hardly ever bored, and which in turn means, time is starting to go quicker and the place is starting to be more fun than I anticipated.

I am on my 7th day of turning, and am now 0.65 cm taller based on the number of clicks. I just cant wait for my first cm, so that I could treat myself to Pizza Hut again. Unlike some of the other patients, I do treat myself quite a bit. Although, I am taking a fairly healthy diet, I think these little treats, upon reaching  small milestones go a long way in making this whole experience more fun.

I absolutely hate using the pee pot, therefore I try my best to go to the toilet everytime nature calls. In fact toilet is a fun place, and this is where I spend so much time grooming. I try to shave as often as possible, as I want to avoid having a long beard and go into that patient mentality. The time spent on grooming, goes a long way in creating a "feel good" factor.

From the last couple of days, I have been trying my best to try and meet at least one new patient everyday. I am a bit reluctant to knock on the doors sometimes (most doors are always closed because of the cold weather) but I have decided to make more of an effort.

A couple of days ago, when the masseur came, I had to lie on my stomach for the first time, and at first, it felt like there was a rush of blood on both my legs for a few seconds, after that it settled down, and I discovered one more posture I can use to make my sleeps better. Its difficult to do it for long periods of time, but it does feel good.

Sleeping Pattern

I usually go to bed around 1-2 am, after watching a movie, and wake up around 8-9 as its difficult to sleep for long periods of time, however every 4 days or so my body wants to catch up on the lost sleep, and hence I will either take an afternoon nap or wake up quite late, like today. I dont try to force myself to sleep, and if I cant sleep for a period of time, I will just get my laptop out.

I have been using the walker for the last 3-4 days, but was only able to move around in my room at a very slow pace. After reading S46's dairy, I was really inspired and decided to push myself for a longer walk. I went to the corridor with my walker and decided to walk up to the nurse station and back. My room is the last room at the end of the corridor. Surprisingly I was walking quicker and better than I have ever done before. After I reached the nurse station, I was pumped up and decided to up the stakes. I took a right turn and decided to go out of the wing, through the slope at the entrace of the wing. Going down the slope was not too difficult, but coming back up was a bit more of a challenge. The journey back to my room was difficult, as my legs were starting to tire, as this is the longest I have walked in two and a half weeks. But I made it. On my way back, I met my pretty nurse, who started to measure herself against me to see, how we looked together. I was taller than her, so I was chuffed.

Quite a few of my pin sites seem to bleed regularly, however I am not sure if I should be too concerned about this. Its not painful when they bleed, however it does mean, I have to spend a lot more time cleaning them. After my long walk yesterday, there was plenty of blood coming out from some of the pin sites. I am still trying to weigh up the benefits of extended sessions of walking against the pitfalls, like pin pending. My roommate, lengthened 6 cm based on the number of clicks, and was supposed to stop yesterday, however, based on the X-Ray results, he had only achieved 4.5 Cm. This made me quite concerned as well, and I wonder if I would be risking bending my pins, by walking too much. I will discuss this with the doctors on Monday.

After my long walk yesterday, I was concerned if I will wake up, with pain in my legs. Fortunately, that did not happen. In fact, Now I am able to do leg raises while lying on the bed with both my legs. Earlier, I was only able to do this with my left leg.

I also went to the Gym yesterday, and it was a good change. There was a very pretty chinese girl, singing on the Karioke machine there, unfortunately she did not speak english at all, so all I could do was, listen to her song and say "Han How".

174 from the forum came to see me a couple of days ago. As some of you may have noticed from his posts, he is here to get his rods removed. It was good fun talking to him, as he told me some of the secrets from his time here. I hope his surgery went well.

Update on the Hospital Move

Now the news you all are really interested in. I was told by Ronne, that the hospital move has been postponed to April now, due to the cold weather.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:01:36 AM by Inchitator » Logged
174cm
LL Hero
MMT Adviser

Credibility 114

Read the FAQs before you POST or it is SPAM!

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

hey man, glad that you have this mentality while doing LL. It will help you a long way, even after the operation.  it was nice talking to all of you on my arrival.
all the best,

Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »

Thanks 174. Hope you are recovering well.

A great update - really happy to know that people are still following a path similar to mine, and finding it just as stimulating. Enjoy! Smiley

Thanks MMT.

It stinks that the cold weather has such an affect on the LL process, especially from a social aspect. Hopefully it doesnt get in the way too much while going about with your daily exercising/stretching. I remember reading that the heater did go out once or twice....that must put a damper on starting the morning (getting out of bed) Undecided

Hey, yeah from a social perspective it does seem to make quite a difference, as people do not come out of their rooms that much and most doors are closed. However, the benefit is that you do not have to deal with mosquitos and stuff, like you do in the summers. The heaters are not very effective at all, that's the reason why I bought my own little heater the very first day I went out shopping to wal-mart. I would advise, anymore coming here during winters, to add this to their shopping list:

I try and keep a record of the distance between the second ring from bottom and the top ring, to monitor the actual increase in height

My Carnival: Thanks.

galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »

Your attitude is really great. Nice detailed diary too.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.