MMT Community
November 19, 2017, 12:12:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If you knew that you would lose some percent of your athletic ability from doing 15 CM total LL over two different bone sections, what percent of loss would be acceptable?
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
30%
50%

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Percent Of Loss Of Athletic Ability Would Be Acceptable To you?  (Read 9393 times)
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »

15% .... Would be the limit for me.....
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

A quick comment:
Most people seem to think that total athletic ability is totally dependent on your legs. That is not true, your lower back, core and upper body are critical in explosiveness etc etc. Of course legs are of utmost importance. Plus your leg ability loss does not necessarily have to be a loss in every way. it could be that you loss explosiveness in your legs but maintain long distance endurance of speed or visa versa...does not have to be a loss in every way in hyour legs area.....get my drift !

I don't believe that athletic ability in the lower body is permanently lost. Few, if any, studies demonstrate that to be true.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »

I don't believe that athletic ability in the lower body is permanently lost. Few, if any, studies demonstrate that to be true.

Just make sure that you are aware of how long it takes to recover and how much work you have to put into it before testing your theory.
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 01:16:59 AM »

Just make sure that you are aware of how long it takes to recover and how much work you have to put into it before testing your theory.

I'm aware I'll have to work hard to regain or maintain my muscle mass, strength, etc., but the point it I don't think the athletic ability loss is permanent. It isn't necessarily my theory; I just haven't seen any evidence that athletic ability is permanently lost.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
Phazon-Monado
MMT Member

Credibility 0

"Turn the lights down, I'm having trouble hearing"

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »

I'd be okay with 50% loss of athletic ability, I can just get it back, I've done so before, although not to that degree, I had about 10-15% loss.

Height: 170cm (5'7")
Reach: 177cm (69")
Goal height: 182cm ~ 185cm (5'11" ~ 6'1")
Nameless
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

As an amateur Bodybuilder/Powerlifter, I agree to lose 5-10% if it means I'm 7 cm taller.
Why? Because you get much more respect and women's attention from being tall, than from being powerful/big.
Losing more than 10% of your athletic ability feels to me like something that happens due to complications in your surgery, not something that should normally happen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.