MMT Community
August 21, 2017, 07:39:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If you had a chance to be your perfect height, but live for 5 years less, would you take it?
Yes, of course!
No! No way.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trade five years off your life to be your perfect height?!  (Read 73253 times)
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »

I would trade 10 years.....  Wink
TomD
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »

Really? Can you give me a better insight, if you don't mind?

Its just simple math. At 47 years old I would rather have the 5 years than the height. I only have realistically about 33 years left. I wouldnt want that chopped down to 28 .

If I was 30 years old then yeah I trade it. I think as time has gone on I realize how fast life zooms by.

I am glad I dont have to make that choice. In fact, I work as a banker and can work from my computer so when I go to India I can work all day even lying in bed.  Shocked

I wont have to give up any freedom or time.
Snortle
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »

Yes I would give up the 5 years.   
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »

Yes purely because I would trade quality over quantity.

There is no doubt that above average men enjoy better
treatment than their shorter peers.

As I'm already out 2 years for the treatment an extra 3
is not such an issue
Petite Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2013, 04:30:58 AM »

I am still young, will not takes this risk.  I will try to find another way to gain height.
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:23 PM »

I am still young, will not takes this risk.  I will try to find another way to gain height.

Let me know if you find another way lol Wink
Petite Girl
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

Let me know if you find another way lol Wink

I will ask other people to pull my leg with using car. haha, If I would give a chance  to get prefect height I want trade 20 years off  Cheesy
Westward
MMT Member

Credibility -4

« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »

All depends on the quality of life i'm trading in and what my life is like at the perfect height.  TBD.
rigobert
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2013, 12:07:55 AM »

i definitely would.  being old looks miserable.
Leatherneck0331
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Shorty 5' 4"

« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »

I'm 28 years old currently 5' 4" if I had the change to loose 5 years of my life to be my perfect height 5' 9" I will definitely do it.  I feel as I already lost 13 years of my life being 5' 4" since I stopped growing 13 years ago.  But I would have to settle by being 5' 7" because I only plan on doing one LL surgery on my femurs. 
ShortandSweet
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2013, 12:20:32 AM »

If I could magically become Dirk's twin (B-ball skill, proporions, and all) then HELL YES!!!! It feels hilarious (sadly not in the best way) to be the world's biggest basketball fanatic at well bellow average height   Tongue
LordSyko
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »

No doubt about it.  I'd trade 10 years. 

"From the naturalistic point of view, all men are equal.  There are only two exceptions to this rule of naturalistic equality: geniuses and idiots. " Mikhail Bakunin
EricCartman
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2014, 08:18:11 PM »

Probably yes: it's better a day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep  Smiley
Pepperoni
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »

Fo' sure!
muaythaiguy
MMT Member

Credibility -5

« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:46 AM »

Quote from: MMTA link=topic=2985. msg32698#msg32698 date=1259112137
Greetings, Height Seekers Anonymous!

I hope that you are all well.  Welcome to an interesting twist on some of our earlier discussions. . .

Imagine this: Some doctors have developed a pain-free, 100% reliable way of making you taller by growing your body all over so that you can reach your perfect height with no complications, proportions problems or risks.

However, there is one major downside - it will take five (5) years off your life because it will have accelerated your body's regrowth cycles to the point that the average person will live 7. 2% less than they would have, because your body will age 7. 2% faster - This equates to roughly five years off the life expectancy for the average person person in the developed world.

Would you do it? Vote, but please also tell us why you have chosen the option that you have, and whether or not you would encourage further research by this team of doctors.

Can't wait to see how people react to this one!  Grin

Cheers, MMT

If I were under 5'6, maybe.
Zeus
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2014, 05:51:47 AM »

Plot twist you: you accept it and die on the spot.

But I answered yes. Quality over quantity for me Smiley

Success is attained by sacrificing what you are, for what you will become.

Current Height: 170cm (5'7)
Future Height: 186cm (6'1)
otaku123
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »

Absolutely not but then again I'm 5'8" so I can understand some people being really short not wanting to do it. But honestly in 5 years I can increase my pickup skills and fk so many chicks that it wouldn't be worth it. Time is really short and who knows how long your lifespan is.
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2014, 04:43:39 AM »

This is quite an interesting question. Although I am probably taking this hypothetical question too seriously, I would like to raise some questions I have and take a stab at evaluating the implications of my own potential answers.

Questions:
1) What does losing five years mean? Does it mean losing the last 5 years of my life? Or the next 5 years? Or the five best years of my life (just losing the memories of the best 5 years [ex. Forgot I used to love my wife] or losing the chance to have the best 5 years happening [ex. Not having a wife I even used to love])? Or the five years I am most needed (family)?
2) How is the perfect height achieved? Is it like what LL can give (changing the length of either the femurs or the tibias), or changing the entire body height? (torso length, leg length, potentially arm length)
3) How will I lose five years? Is it five years in prison? In illness? In surgery recovery like LL? Five years just disappeared? Five years of just my life gone, or five years of the whole world gone?

Implications:
1) I think losing the next 5 years of my life is definitely worse than losing the last 5 years of my life. They could of course be the same, but hey, touch wood. I assume most people only vague know how much longer they can live and I am sure an 80 year old would not say yes to this question even if the 80 year old wants to get taller desperately. When I am thinking of losing the five best years of my life, it takes some imagination. It could mean, a fortune teller tells me I would meet a woman I love passionately tomorrow and I would love her passionately for five years, then we would lose the flame. Or it could be, if I want to obtain the perfect height, I would just lose the perfect woman since I need to have met her in the five years I traded for a perfect height. When I am thinking of losing the five years of my life that I am most needed, it could be when my future son/daughter is 13-18, when they needed me the most. It could be my parent's last 5 years, when they want to be with their kids, but I gave the five years away.

2) I think changing the entire body is a better deal than LL since it can help people get a body proportion more to what they want. But then, will we get us with a clap? Or it means if we want our torso longer, we have to cut our spine (like LL) then hope it will grow back?

3) This question is a little repetitive of my question one, but since it relates to LL it deserves to be a standalone question. This question probably is what drives most "time-travel" sci-fi books. I can write a ten page essay in answering this question, but then not only I would lose an hour plus of my life, so will everyone that would read my ten page essay (see what I did? Wink [Five years (an hour plus) of just my life gone, or five years (an hour plus) of the whole world gone? ]). Anyway, I think five year disappeared is the easy way out. Five years in surgery recovery (LL is 3 months in recovery) might make some of us that said yes reconsider their answers (I would).

What this question really makes me think is how much unknown there are in our future. We are definitely losing some stuff for choosing to want LL. We are also choosing to bear some risks. But hey, at least we know what we want, and it is something we are willing to pay for it with time and money.
asfastaslight
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 06:01:54 PM »

this really is a pointless thread anyone can say they have a PHD and not even have graduated from high school.   People should post degrees yet block out their names or something imo
Phazon-Monado
MMT Member

Credibility 0

"Turn the lights down, I'm having trouble hearing"

« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »

I would trade 5 years of my life to be my perfect height, there are many in my life who would consider me stupid for such a decision, but I'm not worried about 5 years being taken off my life.
The way I see it, how you spend the years of your life is far more important than how many years you have in your life.

Height: 170cm (5'7")
Reach: 177cm (69")
Goal height: 182cm ~ 185cm (5'11" ~ 6'1")
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.