MMT Community
October 22, 2017, 01:48:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If you had a chance to be your perfect height, but live for 5 years less, would you take it?
Yes, of course!
No! No way.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trade five years off your life to be your perfect height?!  (Read 75820 times)
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

I'd do it. Five years off an 80-90 year lifespan isn't that much (given the pace of technology, it seems likely that the average lifespan would reach this in the coming decades).

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

It's been a while since I last thought of this question...it's been almost 2 years since I started preparing for LL (mostly saving money, stretching). And perhaps my preparation is a little more extreme than most people, because I decided to live abroad to avoid my close friends and my family so I can pull off the "yea I just grew" reason when they notice that I grew in my late 20s. It is tough. I get homesick and feel alone all the time. I doubt my decision to do LL all the time, because requires me to give up seeing as many people as possible, so I can give the "yea I just grew" reason to as many people as possible. I think if I need to prepare for LL for another year, I would have given up. The cost to my relationships with friends and family is just too high.

But again, perhaps I could have just lived at home, saved rent, and got ready sooner. Who knows? One way or the other I guess over the course of the past two years I realized LL is not everything. It will not be the biggest decision in my life, as I see my parents grow old and have to decide on numerous more important issues regarding my younger siblings and their own lives. I am glad that I can get over with LL at my relatively young age.
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »

It would be a "yes" for me because I'm abnormally extremely short.  If I was just very short, it would be a "no."
Cyborg
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2015, 04:45:37 AM »

Quote from: ReadRothbard link=topic=2985. msg102353#msg102353 date=1418407811
I'd do it.  Five years off an 80-90 year lifespan isn't that much (given the pace of technology, it seems likely that the average lifespan would reach this in the coming decades).

Not only that, but there's research like SENS which is looking into ending aging.   I don't know if it is going to work, but if it does you might get both your perfect height and get out of losing five years of your life because aging would be fixed.   Even if that doesn't work the advancement of medicine would probably negate the loss of years of your life at least in part.
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2015, 01:56:34 AM »

Not only that, but there's research like SENS which is looking into ending aging.   I don't know if it is going to work, but if it does you might get both your perfect height and get out of losing five years of your life because aging would be fixed.   Even if that doesn't work the advancement of medicine would probably negate the loss of years of your life at least in part.

I've heard of that, too. I keep hearing that aging is going to be cured by 2029.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »

Greetings, Height Seekers Anonymous!

I hope that you are all well. Welcome to an interesting twist on some of our earlier discussions...

Imagine this: Some doctors have developed a pain-free, 100% reliable way of making you taller by growing your body all over so that you can reach your perfect height with no complications, proportions problems or risks.

However, there is one major downside - it will take five (5) years off your life because it will have accelerated your body's regrowth cycles to the point that the average person will live 7.2% less than they would have, because your body will age 7.2% faster - This equates to roughly five years off the life expectancy for the average person person in the developed world.

Would you do it? Vote, but please also tell us why you have chosen the option that you have, and whether or not you would encourage further research by this team of doctors.

Can't wait to see how people react to this one!  Grin

Cheers, MMT
You could get couple of inches if you are willing to use på 5 years of your life.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »

I think a better question would be if you would add 5 years to your age in order to be your perfect height/proportions. Like if you are  25 years old you would be magically be 30 but with your chosen height/proportions.

I think most people will agree that it would be worth it to cut 5 years from the END of your life, I don't think we'll be missing be out on much from ages 90-95.
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:13 AM »

I think a better question would be if you would add 5 years to your age in order to be your perfect height/proportions. Like if you are  25 years old you would be magically be 30 but with your chosen height/proportions.

I think most people will agree that it would be worth it to cut 5 years from the END of your life, I don't think we'll be missing be out on much from ages 90-95.
But still 5 years from your prime time, how many cm would takes 5 years anyway?
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »

Absolutely, all the years in the world are meaningless if you aren't happy.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

yes, the first 5 years of your life when you are baby. I don't remember any of it anyway Smiley
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »

I don't get it, why 5 years? Does it really take that much time to recover?
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2015, 01:59:00 PM »

I kind of want to kick the bucket by the time I am 60, so yeah. I'd go for it.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »

Without a shadow of a doubtbid take 5 years off my lifespan

To tell the truth at 32 if someone said you will die at 50 if it means being the perfect height id take it

Quality over quantity any day, talker people live far more easyband fulfilled lives the sad thing is they dont even see it because its something like oygen to them they just take it for granted.

Its far far easier to attract women when you are tall,mits easier to get respectband easier to get jobs etc etc, wevall know this as fact!

Younare not losing years of your life either by losing 5 years, what you are gaining is life itself, short oeople rarely have 'lives' to beginnwith they just have hollow existences with no real meaning or happiness
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »

The question should be would you trade 5 years of your prime age to be your perfect LL. We haven't experienced being old and therefore we don't know it's  value. But most of us here are in ur 20s or 30s. Would you sacrafice 2-5 years rights now to be ur dream height.
swalsh
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2016, 11:39:55 PM »

I know this is a hypothetical question, but of all the research I have done it would seem that it's not the correct hypothetical because it really shouldn't take five years to finish LL.
madefor70
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »

I guess it depends how extreme the height is would result in people willing to trade off.  This assume the increase in height makes your whole body proportional.  Such as someone increase 5cm would be not inclined.  Whereas some increasing by 30cm would.
Nameless
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2017, 10:54:48 PM »

YES.      I'd trade even more years if I must.     It's a no-brainer for me.        
As a short Gym-Rat who has what most people would say "the perfect body" and a good looking face, I still get ZERO women attention (any girl below 6/10 doesn't count).        
Living life as a short man, who's always tested by both women and men for his self-confidence, simply sucks.        
And watching taller guys that fail in life (doesn't study, doesn't go to the gym, working in a minimum-wage job, living with their parents just sleeping all day etc.  ) getting hot girls that doesn't even look at me is what really gets me frustrated every f**king time.        
Kris
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2017, 09:47:02 PM »

YES! I lost a lot more of time training on gym, running, doing healthy food, only to fell way below any height of my friends who simply didnt care about healthy lifestyle.

Starting height: 173
Current: 173
Dream height: 180

Average male height in my region: 180

Aiming for LL this year
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.