MMT Community
November 19, 2017, 12:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If you had a chance to be your perfect height, but live for 5 years less, would you take it?
Yes, of course!
No! No way.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trade five years off your life to be your perfect height?!  (Read 77082 times)
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »

So the result looks pretty clear, and it's really no surprise Smiley

will59
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -12

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 03:04:32 AM »

I am already wasting about 3 years of my young life, in terms of saving, the actual lengthening, and recovery, to get this operation so 5 years off my OLD life would be nothing.
Black_Star
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 05:19:22 AM »

I gotta say this was a very tough choice for me and I appreciate you posing this question, MMT. On the one hand, I want to say that I would be extremely happy should I ever learn to accept and love my height (at an imposing 5' 6.5"/166cm, no less  Tongue). In such a case, I will have shown mastery over my own desires and the ability to focus on other things that probably have, or should have, more meaning in my life. However, as I am not sure if or when I will be able to accomplish this massive feat, I felt I would probably do better with the trading of five years of life for something that could easily take a lifetime and impact my daily life negatively to some degree (even if that degree is very slight at times). In short, much as Papillion, MMT, and others have noted, I have gone with the shorter yet higher quality life path. Yes, I'm sure there could be exponential spiritual and personal growth at the end of such an arduous journey of surpassing concerns about my height, but what good is such spiritual growth if one is dead?
Growing
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 175

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 07:34:17 AM »

I would give 6 years to be 6'1"-6'2".

Does this pass on to my future sons or is it only in my jeans?

+ 7.7 cm.
cig
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »

Wow,
I am surprised by the results!
I would in no way ever do that myself!
Life is precious, and you only get to live once.  I would rather cherish every moment I have even if I were shorter than the average man.
I guess it all comes down to self esteem and loving yourself.

Cheers
will59
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -12

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 06:01:52 AM »

I guess it all comes down to self esteem and loving yourself.

More like just a strong passion for living in general...
Katze
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

My answer is a "no Way", and I am quite amazed by the number's of "Yes".

Explanation:

Yes, I am short, and I am very concerned about it. I have been teased all my life, but at only 24, I learned to live with it. I am saving from my LL, but I don't wish to loose much time; I'll have my LL with internal's, so I can recover faster.
I have achieved much of the goals I have set for myself, I am married with a guy that I am completely in love with, I have a degree and a job in the area I like (Psychology), I'm running to Master, and I can help other people to have better lives.

I was in the edge of death a couple times, and believe me, it's a scary feeling of life not lived enough... Even a second more seemed like a blessing.

There's not much I want for life excepting one thing... I want to be a Mom. And when I think about it, I love my babies already. I am not this crazy baby woman, I just want to spend all the time I can with them, when I have them, and with my husband, and if it means never getting taller, I can accept it. If it means loosing 10 cm of the height I already have, it would be hell, but I think I'd still be able to enjoy my life.

In this matter, MMT is right: This pool can show who really is focused on getting taller, but for me there's a limit, and I wouldn't do anything for it.

By the way, this is just my answer and I am judging nobody.
Black_Star
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »

I was in the edge of death a couple times, and believe me, it's a scary feeling of life not lived enough... Even a second more seemed like a blessing.

There's not much I want for life excepting one thing... I want to be a Mom. And when I think about it, I love my babies already. I am not this crazy baby woman, I just want to spend all the time I can with them, when I have them, and with my husband, and if it means never getting taller, I can accept it. If it means loosing 10 cm of the height I already have, it would be hell, but I think I'd still be able to enjoy my life.

Personally, I haven't had my life threatened, so I can intellectually respect how you see place your height in such stark perspective. And I also like that the fact you love your children (its becoming more of a blessing for children these days have to have caring mothers Smiley.

After reading your post, I suppose if I ever found a woman who would help me feel comfortable with my height (or at least less uncomfortable), my answer would be different. Or if my life were suddenly placed on the line.

In the meantime, thank you for your thought provoking post!

Black Star
Black_Star
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 06:43:36 AM »

Just out of curiosity, I realized, MMT, that you have not shared your thoughts on this topic with us. Your views would be interesting, much like they always are, considering you've been through one of the options already. I think I know what you would say, but if you could go back and do it over again, would you? Or get it done in addition to the LL you've received?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 07:49:41 AM »

Just out of curiosity, I realized, MMT, that you have not shared your thoughts on this topic with us. Your views would be interesting, much like they always are, considering you've been through one of the options already. I think I know what you would say, but if you could go back and do it over again, would you? Or get it done in addition to the LL you've received?

Well, I think that a lot of the posters have simply failed to understand one simple fact - no one can predict for sure how long they're going to live, so the question is kind of moot Smiley

It's purely an exercise in intellectual debate!

I've already had LL, and I have said before that I would never take a pill of any description because the results of biomedical treatments - at least at this stage - are unpredictable Smiley

alpine.star
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »

Apparently males may be sacrificing longevity to get "bigger bodies" anyway, without any biomedical intervention even. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8390055.stm
lf
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »

Hello MMT,

Sorry but I think, You have not really answered the question. As you said this is purely an exercise in intellectual debate! So the answer must refer to a pain-free, 100% reliable pill with no complications, proportions problems or risks.

The point is: would you trade five years of your life or not?
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 01:34:18 AM »

So the answer must refer to a pain-free, 100% reliable pill with no complications, proportions problems or risks.

The point is: would you trade five years of your life or not?

No, because I'm happy being 5'11" Smiley

lf
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 06:21:37 PM »

You are very clever. Once again you have avoided answering your own question and of course you have the right to do it, mainly being the opinion leader in the forum. But, if I were 5’11’’ I would have also answered “NO”, but I am not and you were not two years ago.
You have let the door open for us to speculate if you would have answered the same being 6.5 cm shorter?
Kidrobot
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »

You are very clever. Once again you have avoided answering your own question and of course you have the right to do it, mainly being the opinion leader in the forum. But, if I were 5’11’’ I would have also answered “NO”, but I am not and you were not two years ago.
You have let the door open for us to speculate if you would have answered the same being 6.5 cm shorter?

yeah seriously, at your genetic height --no complications from the pill except you lose 5 years, and the answer is:
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 01:12:56 AM »

Guys, I'm not trying to be difficult, but you have to realise that I did LL and it was plain sailing, and I wouldn't change ANY of it - I made great friends, had great experiences and pretty much loved every minute.

So no, I wouldn't have a pill with no complications and five years off my life instead of LL, but it is easy for me to say because I have already done LL and so know what it is like.

Before doing LL I may have been more risk averse. However, I don't even take aspirin if I can avoid it, and I'm not a fan of medication so the pill would never be my preferred option.

If it was the ONLY option, then I would go for it, but I would take LL every time!

lf
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

When I answered the poll, I assumed that LL has been banned for some reason and then the pill was the only option available to be taller.
MMT make reconsider my position. I am 12 cm from my ideal height. This means two operations which is hardly possible or accepting a trade and doing only 7.5 cm.
So I stick to my original answer, I will definitely take the the pill.

I love these speculative games when they are intelligent, let you know what is really important for you.
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »

I love these speculative games when they are intelligent, let you know what is really important for you.

Yes, intelligent debate is one of life's greatest pleasures... Alas, very few people are able to participate in it in these days of soundbites and crib-notes Smiley

latoriousblt
Banned
MMT Member

Credibility -16

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 01:39:30 AM »

For everybody that said no, I don't understand why your here.  To me LL is not just a surgery, it's God's gift to a short person that's why people go thru with it.  I fully understand its expensive on top of that its long on top of that its extremely painful.  But It's what I want to do and its what a lot of other people have already done.  I don't understand why It should take 5 years to recover, that is a ridiculous amount of recovery time and if it takes anybody that long to bounce back then this surgery is not for you.  At the most I'd say one and a half to two years per surgery on the recovery time depending on age. 
Katze
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 02:41:42 AM »

Dude, have you even read the tread?

We aren't talking about having or not LL, we are talking about some wandering procedure (some kind of pill) that could give you your perfect height without pain, but making you loose 5 years of your life.

I believe most of the people in the forum is considering LL. You don't need to feel special about it. There's a lot of strong people here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.