MMT Community
December 12, 2018, 11:27:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If you had a chance to be your perfect height, but live for 5 years less, would you take it?
Yes, of course!
No! No way.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trade five years off your life to be your perfect height?!  (Read 98054 times)
Amir
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »

definitly YES.  .  .  .  id rather live the next 55 years happy then live the next 60 years like this.  id give up 10 years even
TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2011, 04:46:40 PM »

I'm seeing my oncologist today.

Like I said, you better hope you never get cancer. You do realize that cancer is the number 1 killer for people under 65... You will take back your words.

Now I know there are risks to LL, there are risk to any surgery with general anesthesia. However, it is a very low risk and one is much more likely to die in a car accident, so I am willing to take those risks.

But to trade 5 years?
shark440
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »

@TallManComing - I understand you think 5 years is to much but think of it this way... It's about perfect height, not about adding another 6-7 cm. That means as a man you can choose to be 6' 6'1 or whatever, with perfect proportions. For the sake of the argument, let's take a case similar to yours.. If you are 5'5' and are willing to go thorough LL, if you want to end up with an average height, somewhere in between 5'9-5'10, you will have to do 2 surgeries to gain 4"-5". That takes you how much time? 1yr and a half, maybe even 2 years if you're a bit unlucky and have complications? And at the end you might still look a bit out of proportion. But this is only the time spent with recovery. How much money do you have to spend for 2 surgeries? How much time do you have to work for them? How many years will you have to work your butt off and make substantial sacrifices? And beside this, how much time do you spend on this forum and on the net researching about LL? How many hours and days? And this is only time that you can point out, it doesn't even involve the time you think about it, you daydream, you get ridiculed, discriminated, rejected by the opposite sex etc.... I think that you might end up giving a lot more then 5 years, and all this to be average not your desired perfect height.

I do feel what you're saying and believe me I do treasure every moment in life, and I can only imagine how hard it must feel to have to go from an early age, but I also do believe that life it's about quality not quantity. I'll take only 5 years of living as a rock star over a life time living alone on top of the mountains in a heart beat.

I think the answer to the question in case is as personal as it can get and it's definitely wrong to judge or disconsider others answers because of that.

shark

Vincent: A year is a long time. 
Irene: Not so long.  Just once around the sun.
TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »

@TallManComing - I understand you think 5 years is to much but think of it this way... It's about perfect height, not about adding another 6-7 cm. That means as a man you can choose to be 6' 6'1 or whatever, with perfect proportions. For the sake of the argument, let's take a case similar to yours.. If you are 5'5' and are willing to go thorough LL, if you want to end up with an average height, somewhere in between 5'9-5'10, you will have to do 2 surgeries to gain 4"-5". That takes you how much time? 1yr and a half, maybe even 2 years if you're a bit unlucky and have complications? And at the end you might still look a bit out of proportion. But this is only the time spent with recovery. How much money do you have to spend for 2 surgeries? How much time do you have to work for them? How many years will you have to work your butt off and make substantial sacrifices? And beside this, how much time do you spend on this forum and on the net researching about LL? How many hours and days? And this is only time that you can point out, it doesn't even involve the time you think about it, you daydream, you get ridiculed, discriminated, rejected by the opposite sex etc.... I think that you might end up giving a lot more then 5 years, and all this to be average not your desired perfect height.

I do feel what you're saying and believe me I do treasure every moment in life, and I can only imagine how hard it must feel to have to go from an early age, but I also do believe that life it's about quality not quantity. I'll take only 5 years of living as a rock star over a life time living alone on top of the mountains in a heart beat.

I think the answer to the question in case is as personal as it can get and it's definitely wrong to judge or disconsider others answers because of that.

shark

Even if I did do 2 surgeries, I would still be alive, just at a reduced quality of life. And as for saving money, that's passing on drinks and other money wasting activities. I'm still alive.

Unless you've had to face your mortality, you don't know what you're talking about.

Imagine if a doctor told you, you only had 6 months to live. You would do anything for 5 extra years of life, I assure you.
shark440
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »

And as for saving money, that's passing on drinks and other money wasting activities.

Saving thousands of euros by passing on drinks? Man, talk about heavy drinking. I would definitely go to parties with you Cheesy

Imagine if a doctor told you, you only had 6 months to live. You would do anything for 5 extra years of life, I assure you.

I'm more of the type that would make the best out of those 6 months rather then waste them on experimental procedures.
But I do believe it's a great thing that you value your life that way. All the best.

shark

TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 03:45:26 AM »

Now you're talking moronic stuff. I take my goal of LL seriously and keep a monthly and yearly budget. For people like you, LL will be a dream.

You must be young since you take life so lightly... Again you're talking about things of which you have no clue.

When you're a little older, you'll understand.

If a doctor told you that you had 6 months to live, would you choose 10cm of complication free LL or 5 years of life.
Amir
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:40 AM »

Yes if a doctor told me i had 10 month to live then id do anything for those 5 years. But im not in that situation, my situation atm is living this size, and it makes life very hard to enjoy, therefor id rather live a enjoyfull life now and die 5 years earlier once im old. You only get to live once bro, and you gotta enjoy it, i dont enjoy this lifestyle so id rather give up 7% of it and have the remaining be enjoyful.
but thats my point of view, no mean to discriminate against yours.
Peace
shark440
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »

I take my goal of LL seriously and keep a monthly and yearly budget.
I don't remember questioning your determination but if I did, by all means, pardon my french. Smiley

For people like you, LL will be a dream.
You must be young since you take life so lightly... Again you're talking about things of which you have no clue.
When you're a little older, you'll understand.

yes, "unfortunately" I am still young enough to dislike condescending arguments and not to discredit people whom i know nothing about.

I do wish you all the best though,
shark

TallManComing
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

Yes if a doctor told me i had 10 month to live then id do anything for those 5 years. But im not in that situation, my situation atm is living this size, and it makes life very hard to enjoy, therefor id rather live a enjoyfull life now and die 5 years earlier once im old. You only get to live once bro, and you gotta enjoy it, i dont enjoy this lifestyle so id rather give up 7% of it and have the remaining be enjoyful.
but thats my point of view, no mean to discriminate against yours.
Peace

Hey I'm planning on getting LL in 2012, so I know how you feel about this lifestyle. Being short sucks, and being a short man is a curse. My life will improve greatly once I achieve my new height.

However, I would never give away 5 years of my life.

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »

It all depends on how long you live to.
If you knew you would live to 90, I think everyone would trade the last 5 yrs for the perfect height.
But if you only live to 50, then hell NO.
Since noone knows how long we will live to, its a moot point.
So since I have no clue how long I will live to, then HELL NO I'm not giving up 5 yrs of my life.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

No.

Being able to look back and had done LL while sitting at ure retireinghome you probably would have a remarkable story to tell.

I can understand those that are 160 or less maybe. But if I should offer 5y of my life it should be about a couple of olympic goldmedals or something like that. Maybe the chance of beeing a trillionare.

This year I will get my story to tell at the retirementhome   Smiley

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
ShortMan655
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

Asking people who are considering LL this question almost makes it seem like a rhetorical question.

Would I give up 5 years to be average height?  (Much less perfect which would obviously be slightly  taller)

In a heartbeat.   From what I hear about this procedure it sounds like a lot of men are at least willing to give up 1 year minimum and several thousand dollars to be 2"-3" taller.   To be what I would consider the perfect height this is a no brainer.
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2011, 03:33:18 AM »

I voted no because I will have LL duh lol just kidding =)) in my opinion, 5 years is too much I would have trade it 2 years for 8cm. how about that Cheesy
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

YES!
Sketch504
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2011, 01:44:33 AM »

In a heartbeat!  Grin
andrewshizzles
5'6 ➡ 5'10
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 194

perfect height? 6'?

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »

5 years of old age = OK
5 years now? = Naahhhhh...

almost done!
5f6
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »

No thank you! 5 years?! Goodness me no way! They might be happy for a short period of time but when they reach/if they reach 60-70 then they will be regretting it...
Without Judgment
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 15

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »

Yes.

Quality > Quantity

"Without judgment what would we do? We would be forced to look at ourselves emerged in lost time. Assuming what may be, without judgment." - Chuck Schuldiner
dgdts
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »

that depends, do i lose the last 5 years of my life, or do i prematurely age 5 years right now?

Dookieman
Certified Member
MMT Expert

Credibility 41

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »

No, I have two daughters and I want to be around for them as long as I can.

171.5cm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.