MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:18:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sexiest short men  (Read 8178 times)
osteo
MMT Member

Credibility 10

« on: January 13, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »

Here are the results of a poll taken by some British firm.  I like how they have to make a separate category just for short guys...that's b/c many of them wouldn't make a normal list...like People's sexiest man alive.
Oh look!  Top of the list...Tom Cruise and Richard Hammond...both 5'7" - and both get made fun of their lack of height all the time.

http://www.yourtango.com/fb_cb/201051379/201052464/tom-cruise-really-sexiest-short-man-alive
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:49:53 PM »

Short guys can take no comfort from these list - fame makes up for height, but very few other things do!

Growing
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 175

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »

An oxymoron for the overwhelming majority.

+ 7.7 cm.
scormus
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »

An oxymoron and makes me want to spend every last dime on LL II.

The Curious Case of Benjamin's Femurs

Benjamin: They said I was gonna stay short all my life but - maybe not.

+7.5 cm
will59
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -12

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »

There's a lot of famous shorter guys that girls think are hot. But in Hollywood it really becomes all about facial features also. Some are:

Zac Efron- 5'8"
Tom Cruise- 5'7"
Mel Gibson- 5'8"
Jesse Bradford- 5'8"
Ludacris- 5'7"
Al Pacino- 5'6"
Ryan Seacrest- 5'7"
Jeremy Piven- 5'7"
Ben McKenzie - 5'8"
Mark Wahlburg- 5'8"
Sean Penn- 5'8"
Ron Jeremy- 5'6"

And the list goes on...
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »

There's a lot of famous shorter guys that girls think are hot. But in Hollywood it really becomes all about facial features also. Some are:

Zac Efron- 5'8"
Tom Cruise- 5'7"
Mel Gibson- 5'8"
Jesse Bradford- 5'8"
Ludacris- 5'7"
Al Pacino- 5'6"
Ryan Seacrest- 5'7"
Jeremy Piven- 5'7"
Ben McKenzie - 5'8"
Mark Wahlburg- 5'8"
Sean Penn- 5'8"
Ron Jeremy- 5'6"

And the list goes on...

5'8" is average, not short - we've explained this to you before!  Roll Eyes

will59
Banned
Lurker

Credibility -12

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »

5'8" is average

Could you link me to where it says 5'8" is average for the United States or UK? If I'm not mistaking, 5'8" hasn't been average for over 50 years unless we're talking about an Asian country here.
jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »

Richard Hammon  Grin  very funny

go top gear!
VisionQuest
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »

Justin Bieber, a 16 year old pop sensation is only about 5'3 I believe.   While at 16 he still has room to grow, there is still a realistic possiblity that he might be at his adult height or he might only grow 1-3 more inches.   

If Bieber is only 5'3-5'6 at his adult height what do you guys think this would mean??  Would he still be as popular?  Would people heckle him because of his height?? Would the ladies still swoon over him??  Basically would how tall he is really affect him as he is already famous and can pretty much have any girl he wants.   Another thought is if he was discovered at age 21 and was 5'3, but had the same voice and talent would he still be this popular?

Personally I hope he grows as I'm sure this would make him happier, but another side of me wants to see what would happen if he stayed around 5'3.   In many of his music videos, his love interests are taller then him and this may be a good thing so that the public can see that it's OK for a taller girl to date a shorter guy.   Society is programmed by media to believe that this is unacceptable so maybe Bieber can make a difference and change our mindsets.   Plus the world needs more famous people who are short.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »

Justin Bieber, a 16 year old pop sensation is only about 5'3 I believe.   While at 16 he still has room to grow, there is still a realistic possiblity that he might be at his adult height or he might only grow 1-3 more inches.    

If Bieber is only 5'3-5'6 at his adult height what do you guys think this would mean??  Would he still be as popular?  Would people heckle him because of his height?? Would the ladies still swoon over him??  Basically would how tall he is really affect him as he is already famous and can pretty much have any girl he wants.   Another thought is if he was discovered at age 21 and was 5'3, but had the same voice and talent would he still be this popular?

Personally I hope he grows as I'm sure this would make him happier, but another side of me wants to see what would happen if he stayed around 5'3.   In many of his music videos, his love interests are taller then him and this may be a good thing so that the public can see that it's OK for a taller girl to date a shorter guy.   Society is programmed by media to believe that this is unacceptable so maybe Bieber can make a difference and change our mindsets.   Plus the world needs more famous people who are short.

Good post as I've recently discovered how popular he is(hes all over US TV right now).
He is short. 5'3 is about accurate although some has him at 5'6 which is totally inaccurate.
Noone have ever brought up his short height as hes still a kid.
It will be interesting to see if hes still as popular if hes still short as he gets older.
His mom is not particularly short for a female and noone know how tall his dad is(as shes a single mom).

And to answer your question, I don't think he would get "discover" if he was 21 and 5'3
Although Journey did get their lead singer Arnel from the Philippines and hes only 5'3 but that dude sounds just like Steve Perry.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:26:06 AM by jack0life » Logged

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
PeterParker2
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »

It's True what MMT says, if your a male the only compensation for shortness with women is fame.  Dudley Moore,Mickey Rooney,Davy Jones never made it past the 5'3 mark - Between them they had 15 wives, so I don't think their height hindered them.

If Justin Bieber remains at 5'3, but retains his fame, he'll do ok.

By the way, if Tom Cruise is 5'7 as listed on most sites, I think he is a very strong 5'7 as in 5'7. 75 - in other words closer to 5'8.  Just my opinion.
DrainYou
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 05:18:51 AM »

Quote from: MMT Admin link=topic=3110. msg34124#msg34124 date=1263948557
5'8" is average, not short - we've explained this to you before!  ::)

Hi, I am new to the forum :) 5'8 is average? I thought a little over 5'9 was the average. . . At least that's what the Canadian and American Census's said.  Maybe it goes by region??

Anyways, Thanks
DrainYou
nelson7550
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 12:04:16 AM »

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average height for an adult male in the United States is:

* 69. 2 inches, or
    * 5 feet 9. 2 inches

It was conducted for 1999-2002, but I doubt that average height has changed a lot in a 11 years. 
MeltedCandle
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 03:12:13 AM »

The problem with the "average height" numbers is that the organizations who collect the data are simply taking the word of those being studied.   By that, i think we all know that about 90% of people out there either lie about, or truly mistakingly believe they are 1-3 inches taller than they really are. 

I always find it funny when the 6'4 guy is a head taller than all of the supposed 6 footers
spectra
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »

Hey i just wanted to add an anecdote.

My mom is from china and my dad is American (Italian American) and i was born and raised in the USA.  I occasionally will travel to China and i studied abroad for two years (my 2nd and 3rd years of secondary school) at a high school in China.

I still keep in contact with most of my friends from there.  However with the Shanghai Expo most of them went to the USA and European pavilions and saw American and European hosts at heights of between 6'0"-6'5" (183-195cm) and believed that is the average height.  So compared to them they really believe that i (178cm) am pretty short for a laowai "foreigner"

However mostly all of the girls there are obsessed with Justin Bieber and a lot of the guys admire him.  Its always nice to mention that he is almost 17 and is still 5'5" (165cm) And goes to show that height is only one part of the puzzle.

However most of my Chinese friends are pretty shallow. . . . . . .  :D

peaceout eaglescout
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.