MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:20:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2010 - Rise of Halo in Beijing  (Read 71143 times)
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« on: April 10, 2010, 06:08:08 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have waited a long time for this. It is almost time for me to begin my journey at Beijing.   I'll arrive in Beijing 30 Apr, and my surgery is tentative 4/5 May.  I'm from California and plan to stay till end of November. Most of you may be wondering what I told my family. Well, I told them the truth. It was very hard on my mother but lately she has come around and not only that, she commented how I would like few inches taller.

Anyhow, I wanted to keep this introduction short. I am East Indian, 165 cm and in good health. My goal is 10 cm.

I'll will take my camera and begin my diary time and health permitting.

Your friendly angel,
Halo
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:13:21 AM by SysOp » Logged

Halo
skidude
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 06:55:29 AM »

Good look with your journey.  I am eager to follow along.  I believe 10 cm is almost unheard of on tibias alone if that is your plan, but I hope whatever height you reach will make you happy.  If I may ask how long have you been planning to do LL and has the only thing holding you back been financial reasons?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:11:02 AM »

Thank you. My goal is 10 cm and I am determine to do it.

I first heard of LL in 2002/2003. Reason to hold me back from LL in the begining was finance but then when I had enough money to do it, it was my girlfriend who felt the money could be used more wisely (probably on her) and my height was something I should not worry about. But then one of the main reason she broke up with me was that she preferred a partner who was tallker, figure that! hmmm.

But this was the best time because I have the money, getting ready to leave my job and not in any relationship. The most important thing was that my parents and I are emotionally ready. So, I'm all set to go.

Halo
TopShelf
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 07:31:15 AM »

Good Luck Halo.  It will be great to have the support of your parents.
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »

Good luck.
Hate to be negative but you're not going to get 10cm.
I have never personally know of any male that have done 10cm on the tibias and less than a handful that have reached 9cm.
On a 1-10 scale of difficulty  I would put the milestone like this:
8cm- 8.5
9cm- 9.5
10cm- 9.99

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Black_Star
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »

I have to agree with Jack0Life; in almost all the diaries currently posted, not very many people have gone beyond 8cm. Those that have have had terrible outcomes because such stretching of one area creates so much stress on the soft tissue of that region (in your case, your calf and Achilles tendon). May I recommend MMT's diary, particularly of the floaters, and the craziness of Serbtips...

By the way, what are your proportions like? It just seems like 10cm would make your legs terribly out of proportion.
jailair
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »

hei Halo, good luck!
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:46:41 AM »

Black_Star,

My goal is 10 cm but after I take my actual x-ray with the good Doc in Beijing, I would be happy at 9 cm. The reason for my goal is at the present moment I don't exactly what my height is to the nearest cm. One of my doctors took a measurement at my junior year high School (a while ago) and I was around 165 and 3/8 cm. Therefore, considering I am the same height, 93 cm would take me to 175.26 (which is my ultimate goal, as that is the average height in USA).

I just want to be average. As for my proportions, my femur and tibia is about the same with the tibia being slightly shorter (I don't have an accurate measurement until just prior to the surgery).

Smiley - From your friendly angel,
Halo

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 05:12:43 AM »

I meant to say 93 mm should get to 175.26 cm in my last post.

Grin,
Your friendly angel,
Halo

Halo
Ticky
MMT Member

Credibility 7

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »

9-10 cm is gonna be a right mission for you.  Maybe a little unrealistic to be honest and polite but good luck
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 10:53:30 PM »

Has anyone done a full wire transfer prior to going to Beijing?

Important question: Wanted to confirm if leglengthening@yahoo.com.cn was Ronne's email address?

Your friendly angel,
Halo.

Halo
jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »

I did 75% before I went and the rest when I got there.
Many people have done the full transfer.
If you happen to change your mind when you get there, they will refund you the money.

Every cm was TORTURE.
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:03 PM »

How secure is it to wire money to a yahoo email address?  I have no idea how this process works...  Huh?

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »

How secure is it to wire money to a yahoo email address?  I have no idea how this process works...  Huh?

How would one wire money to a Yahoo address?!  Roll Eyes

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:03:54 AM »

LOL, this is not paypal where you send money to an email address.
I'm guessing you've never wire transfer money before.

Every cm was TORTURE.
OneSevenOne
MMT Contributor

Credibility 19

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »

LOL, this is not paypal where you send money to an email address.
I'm guessing you've never wire transfer money before.
How would one wire money to a Yahoo address?!  Roll Eyes

Sorry guys, I haven't wired money before, unless this is the same as bank transfers?

This threw me a little...

Has anyone done a full wire transfer prior to going to Beijing?

Important question: Wanted to confirm if leglengthening@yahoo.com.cn was Ronne's email address?

Your friendly angel,
Halo.

I guess now I merged two completely separate questions into one and the same about money transfer with halo transferring money via an email based technology.  Fairly reasonable assumption given services such as pay-pal exist as jack0life mentioned that enable money to be sent in such a way.

Tell me it isn't like a western union money transfer...

"The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

Ronald Reagan
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »

Sorry guys, I haven't wired money before, unless this is the same as bank transfers?

This threw me a little...

I guess now I merged two completely separate questions into one and the same about money transfer with halo transferring money via an email based technology.  Fairly reasonable assumption given services such as pay-pal exist as jack0life mentioned that enable money to be sent in such a way.

Tell me it isn't like a western union money transfer...

A wire transfer is simply another name for a bank transfer...

Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 02:48:08 AM »

Thank you for the post. I'll do 75% now and 25% once I get there. That sounds reasonable.

Your friendly angel,
Halo

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »

Entry 5.02
I finally made it to Beijing.  I had two connecting flights from USA. Many things went wrong for me.  Let’s start from USA. Apparently, AA is operated my Alaska and when I checked at the AA counter they directed me to another terminal which anther 15 minutes. Upon arrival at the check-in, the lady behind the counter explained I was late but since there was space in the plane I she would still let me in. So far so good right, wrong! Apparently arriving at my first connecting destination my luggage did not make it.
If that was not bad enough my flight had been delayed for about 2hrs and therefore arrived about 3hrs later than I expected.  The 11 hr flight, my ear jack did not work and I watch few movies without any sound.
I arrived at Beijing, and immigration took forever. More importantly, I had to file my luggage claim at the air port and spend first few days at the hospital without my luggage. It took about 45-60 minutes going through customs/immigration and I was stopped at every possible point for special screening. Gosh! Baggage claim was a hackle but overall, I made it.
That night I talked to few LL patients. Truthfully, since it was a holiday, I kept thinking to my self what the hell am I doing here? Is LL really for me?

Entry 5.03
After speaking with Roone, she moved me to another room that had internet connection and room was much bigger. This room is down the hall from the operating room.  Since, I was not doing anything except pondering the thought of not going through the surgery Roone decided it was best we do some local sightseeing with another new LL patient that had just arrived.  Took many picture, had a good time.

Entry 5.05
Game time! Doctor mentioned during my consultation a day prior that I had flat foot. The LL may make it worse. There he recommends I use a special sole during LL stay at the hospital. Operating theatre seemed cold and lifeless; even then I wanted to back out of the surgery. But my faith and determination had brought me here, and as soon as the epidural was put on my spine, no turning back then.  Out of all the things, the most important thing in the operating bed was one of the young doctor held my hand and said “don’t move, you are doing to be ok.”

Halo
TopShelf
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 01:56:11 AM »

Best wishes Halo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.