MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:49:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2010 - Rise of Halo in Beijing  (Read 71146 times)
plastikman
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »

Halo,

Be strong and give your best.You will be happy at the end.
Good luck!
jay7
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 64

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »

All the best and good luck dude! Keep us updated! Congrats on resisting the temptation to back out last minute!
Positive
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 04:11:11 PM »

Best to you, Halo! Many of us on this forum are sending our best thoughts and wishes your way.  Keep us posted on your progress and stay strong.  Smiley
Inchitator
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 86

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 06:29:14 AM »

Good Luck.

Despite what a lot of people might say, 9 cm is very much possible if you are willing to go slow and if your body can take it. So you should definitely give it a go but listen to your body.....Carefully...

Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 04:19:13 AM »

Entry 5.08
My actual height 165 cm and doctor recommended 8 cm as maximum. I am four days Post-Op, and the first few days where rough. I was immobile, and helpless. They took the epidural and catheter (aka burning acid piss tube) out yesterday with all my objections. Learning how to pee again is painful. I have a big bruise.
 Today is by far the worst possible day. I had to use the bathroom to poop, I was connected to the IV drip and my maid put me on a two chairs and a nurse dragged pushed me to the bathroom.  After getting there I hurt by right butt, (for those coming in the near future, make sure you have a strong upper body and arms) and I slipped my sorry ass into position. The hardest part was my leg had to propped on to two different chars because I was not allowed to touch the ground.
All this time, I WAS FULLY NAKED ! Yep, totally butt naked. Yes, the entire nurse staff has looked at my junk. While taking a dump I was sweating profoundly because I could not handle the added to stress. Also, as I mentioned I hurt my right ass but I did not feel it until a few days later. Iíll explain later. Anyway, I feel like Iím about to through up. I need to go to the bathroom again. shi*!

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 04:48:17 AM »

Entry 5.19

Well, it has been two weeks post OP. I am finally feeling much much better. I had lot of swelling in my leg and they did not allow me to start turning until 10 days post Ops. I was taken off IV on day 7 PO.  Since, the daily fever at night and sleepless nights has been common. I have started to take the sleeping pills because I did not get a good night rest since few days ago.

7-10 days PO, was able to bend my knees enough to get myself on to the chair and move around the room/bathroom. On day 10, was my first time I had shaved my face/ and cleaned up. I canít tell you how good that felt. Overall things have finally come around. But, on day 4 to 7, I was lying in bed thinking how stupid I was for doing this, and if I had a second chance, I would not have done it. 165 cm for some reason seemed perfect for me. No turning back now!
I donít seem to understand this double incision turning but I am doing 6 turns on the bottom and 3 turns on the top. From my calculations, that is more than 1mm a day, what the hell? Ė Ok but the doctor said, it is equals to 1mm, I guess! 

Anyhow, after speaking with few individuals here, it will for 30 days, then I drop down to 4 turns on the bottom and 2 on the top, provided I donít have any complications.  Below is a picture of my leg.

Also, the exercise regiment seems quite harsh. I have to 100 leg ups a day, and try to walk for a few minutes a day. My leg swells up every time. cra*!

Ok, time to do some exercise. See ya!

[/C:/IMG_0216.JPG]

Halo
pal717
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 05:01:43 AM »

Hang in there dude.   Make the most of it and if possible, enjoy it!  At 165cm myself, it will be interesting to follow your journey.   I'll live vicariously through you!

By the way, how much do you weigh normally?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 05:21:15 AM »

I weight 155 lbs prior to surgery.

One of the form members asked me few questions about the how first few days were. It is probably better to ask me know before I forget. Anyway my response is below:

"The first week was rough. I started to feel better day 8 Post op. But never the less, LL is not for the faint of heart. I was in pain, sleepless nights, and i refused to take the pain killer and sleeping pill in the beginning because the doctor said it was bad for the body especially when the body is trying to drain all the fluid out of your legs/system.

As long as the spine tap was connected, I did not feel pain, and pee was through a tube. Day 4/5 was the worst when the aid was removed. Any effort to move around, i got tired. Even going to the bathroom took about 20 minutes."

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 06:49:24 AM »

Question from MMT Member:

Q. Hello Halo, I am MMT Member -----
I started reading your diary and I too will be going to Bejing. I wanted to know how you are? Did you fall completely asleep during operation? I have never had an epidural and I was just wondering? I wouldn't want to hear them cutting my legs. I am hoping to go sometime soon and the more I think about it ,I'm sord of feeling the same anxiety that you experienced just before you had operation. Is it ok if I write to you and follow your progress? Take care Sincerely ------

A. I am well now, well lets say I am doing much better. This is my 15 day post op. Yes, while I was lying in the operating bed, (totally nervous and scared, the first thing I told the doctor is I want to sleep). They positioned me in a fetal position so that your spine is exposed, another doctor grabbed me tightly and then they will insert a needle in my spine (it hurt for a few seconds), I was not suppose to move but I jerked a little, so the doctor had to do it again. But in less then a minute I could no longer feel lower part of me body (paralyzed). The next minute I was fast asleep. The operation to about 3 hours, and I woke up later that day in my bed. I resisted myself from looking down at my legs.

Yes, please do write if you have any questions. I am definitely not an expert but I'll answer questions. Bye for now. Go Lakers!

Halo
xspixie
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »

You contacted them through email, and how many days until you got their reply
vanhlj
n00b

Credibility 5

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

Hey Halo, best wishes to you!  I've read a lot of the journals but they have never been in real-time near the start so this is very cool.  In a lot of cases I've seen that most of the pain comes from either pin hole infections, replacing of a pin, and from the stretching of the soft tissues.  Just to get an idea of what its like right after surgery, how is the pain 15 or so days post-op and can you identify where on the leg the pain is coming from?

Also, I'm a really light sleeper and this is probably my biggest concern considering that LL is a pretty mentally draining procedure.   From your experience and from anyone you've talked to thus far, is it very difficult to get sleep? Is this consistent? Are you a heavy sleeper? How many times a night have you woken up on average?

Appreciate your willingness to answer questions, good luck bro
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 08:38:46 AM »

Xspixie: They usually responded to me within 3 working days. But remember, you have correspond with them so that they take you more seriously as a potential customer.

Vanhlj: 15 day post op, the pain is almost tuned out off my head. In other words I don't feel it. You also have to note that I have only been turning for only 5 days and stretching pain is insignificant. I still have a bit of swelling and if there is pain, it is after I exercise because of the darn doctor keeps telling me to get on the walker every-time he checks up on me.

I am a light sleeper as well, and so far I have not had a good night rest. In face, anytime I feel sleepy, I sleep. But it is especially hard at night. I would say the first 5-7 days I was awake most of the night. I used my iPod to listen to music and just kept my eyes closed. Yesterday, I woke up about 2 times but managed to get back to sleep. It is most precious thing right now.

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »

Entry 5.21

I had my second X-Ray (first X-Ray after starting lengthening). The cloud was not significant but the doctor said my left leg top bone is much more further apart then they would want. So, now I am turning 4/2 on the left and 6/3 on the right. But, never the less, I am prepared for any setback, this is a marathon and I have just began. Bring it on!

I still have recurring fever and unfortunate. What is worse, it is going to get hotter here.

Also, a MMT member asked me about internet/computer: I recommend you bring your laptop because this is the only thing that keeps me sane. Internet is not fast but works. Also, I bought a VPN software to dial in USA so that I can watch Hulu or  website that is not offered using a Beijing IP address. Facebook/Youtube is blocked, therefore using VPN is awesome! No need to bring an Ethernet cable as they will have at least two in your room. My roommate has an apple Airport and I use the wireless service as oppose to wire. Just a preference.

Lastly, many of you have sent me personal email, I am happy to response but do not expect a quick response as I am busy doing various things. Also, my sleep is erratic so I sleep during the day as well. So, once again, do not expect a response right away.

Cheer!

Halo
xspixie
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »

Hey Halo,
Thanks for replying to my PM about talking to the doctor for me and asking those questions!

Just wanted to say, I have flat feet too, but my right foot is flatter than my left, and I remember so much pain on the right foot.  it was like having a constant charlie horn. . .  LOL. . . .  but it all went away and now I don't even remember the pain.
I did 5 cm on my tibia, but I want to do 3cm on my femur now to make my leg proportions better. . .
but then of course I'd have to do arm lengthening. .  =\. . .  which is something i really wished i didn't have to do. . .
I especially do not want the scars on my arm. . .  but I do have this airbrush makeup that is to my skin color and it is semi-permanent for 3-5 days with proper care. . .  it's like an airbrush tattoo. .  but in skin tone color.
nbbui1
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 02:13:43 PM »

May I ask what is flat foot and how does it affect your LL ?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 05:48:01 AM »

Flat-Foot meaning I do not have a natural arch on my foot. Therefore, the doctor recommended i wear special soles made to  put more weight on my outer(perimeter of the foot) thereby reducing the angle at the ankle or making the ankle more straight as it should be.

LL surgery may make the flatfoot issue more worse.

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »

Entry 5.29

I got my X-Ray yesterday, good bone growth and now I am turning 4/2. This is going to be my pace for the rest of the way. That is a long time to reach my goal. I have revised my goal to 86mm because I expect to lose 5-6mm because of pin bending. I do regular exercise which includes walking to the end of the hallway and back to my bed. Then I stand up against the wall straight for about 3-4 minutes and try to put my full body weight on it. During the day, I do leg lifts and tricept workout on the walker.

I have so far I have lengthen 14.33mm and still have a long way to go.

Food: They have two new chef's and the menu options have changed dramatically as I hear from other patients. So far, I can't complain, the chef will pretty much make anything for you within reason. So, all those potential patients should not have any issue.

Internet: Internet connection here is slow. You can surf the internet but my average down/up speed is 245 kbs/450 kbs. Yes, my upload speed seems to be higher than the down. It is probably because everyone here is streaming videos and watching some sort of movie. Do not expect to get much done during the day.

Xbox/PS3: I made a very big mistake by not bringing my game box with me. There are days that I feel like pulling my hair out for being so stupid. This could have been a life saver and the best time killer during this LL process. So, keep than in mind for all those individuals considering this LL process. Also, if you have wireless controller, that would be the best.

Laptop cooler: Yes, you need a laptop fan/usb fan or cooler for air flow because your laptop is going to get pretty hot and the last thing you need is for you laptop to burnout. That would be the worst possible situation. It would mean the end of your entertainment. Because I am on this thing like it part of my body !! seriously.

Long pants with wide or zipper opener at the legs. You can buy them here or just bring some personal ones. It will go a long way especially when you are protecting your legs from water/air pollutants etc.

Do let me know if you have questions. Cheers!

Halo
MMTA
Former Site Admin
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 1036

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »

Great - thanks for the update!

Cheers,

MMT

jack0life
Handsome Mod
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 315

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2010, 04:39:31 AM »

Xbox/PS3: I made a very big mistake by not bringing my game box with me. There are days that I feel like pulling my hair out for being so stupid. This could have been a life saver and the best time killer during this LL process. So, keep than in mind for all those individuals considering this LL process. Also, if you have wireless controller, that would be the best.

Laptop cooler: Yes, you need a laptop fan/usb fan or cooler for air flow because your laptop is going to get pretty hot and the last thing you need is for you laptop to burnout. That would be the worst possible situation. It would mean the end of your entertainment. Because I am on this thing like it part of my body !! seriously.

Yup or a Wii.
You would be a big hit with your fellow patients.

Your laptop is like your lifeline.
You need one to survive the LL process.

Every cm was TORTURE.
Went from 158cm to 166cm in Beijing !!
Beijing2011
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »

Hi, I have a question:

Do you find it possible to concentrate on mental tasks, such as reading books, work, etc. ? Or is the discomfort and tiredness too big for this? I am asking because I thought of maybe using the time to get a bit of work done (Mathematics).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.