MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo - External Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2010 - Rise of Halo in Beijing  (Read 71145 times)
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »

Halo!  Thanks for the nice surprise update and response to my question.  Like you, I'm also from Cali and a Lakers fan Smiley

I am seriously considering Beijing as well, for 6.5cm on tibias.  Right now the only thing holding me back is my job and some mental doubts.  I'm not a big risk taker in life, so I really have to think about the cost-benefit of this very carefully.  In the beginning of your diary, you seemed to be in a similar state of doubt.  I could imagine myself in the weeks leading up to the operation, and chickening out at the last minute.  Do you have any advice for me? How did you yourself eventually overcome all those doubts before the surgery?

Right now it's just a bit over a year since your op, but when was the earliest time that you were able to pull walk normally?  How has the extra height been so far, is it as transcendental an experience as some of the other Beijing LLer's have described?

Hi Chlor,

6.5 is a very good goal. With the amount I did, the recovery is exponentially slower. For example, anything up to 5 cm is consider safe zone to me. Anything beyond, takes not only longer to accomplish (and money) but that much longer to recover after. It took me a good 7.5 months to get to 99% walking normally. And I was constantly putting myself under pressure and I did weight bearing on my legs.

The extra height has been awesome, more the risk, greater the reward (If things go well). But I can not say anything from the pain and nervousness you will experience if you make this journey. This is no walk in the park. It is painful, lots of money, mental anguish for few centimeters. To me, it was worth it.

Halo
Moshe
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 157

« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »

If you are not 100% confident I wouldnt begin to consider it.. There was a guy at this hospital that tortured himself mentally for 2 weeks trying to decide. He ended up going home. Anyone that has read my diary knows that I've had some major girl issues with a gf back home and the russian girl I met here and I would rather deal with that than to go through what that guy went through. It was bad

Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:44 PM »

Here is the deal.

You have to take risk. On this site, most of the people who write are the ones that had good results, seldom do you read about the ones that come back for multiple surgeries because it went wrong. While, I was Beijing, there were two patients I remember who came back one of their legs got shorter significantly.

So, if you consider the additional time, headache, and money and loss of income. Then is the risk worth it to you? You also have to consider the recover time, immobility is a headache on its own. So, really, how much support and money do you have saved up? How much pain can you tolerate? How long can you put up with it?

At the end, it is the risk you are willing to take.

Halo
bashful
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2011, 04:01:29 PM »

Halo,

Thanks for the advice. . . . the swagger of the hips seems to be the most annoying thing to deal with.   How long did you have to deal with it?  What all did you do for excersises. . . . I understand walking in the pool. . . any specific weight bearing activiites?

Thanks bro!
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »

Halo,

Thanks for the advice. . . . the swagger of the hips seems to be the most annoying thing to deal with.   How long did you have to deal with it?  What all did you do for excersises. . . . I understand walking in the pool. . . any specific weight bearing activiites?

Thanks bro!

The hip moving was irritating but swimming and walking in the pool help a lot. I did lunges in the pool that stretched my legs and squats in the pool for strengthening. I also bike to work but you can cycle at the gym if you have access to the gym. For weight bearing, I use the calf machine at our gym to strengthen my calves (light weight). You won't have full bone growth unroll at least a year but do you at least see line next to the rod all the way across?-vertical

Halo
templar
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2011, 12:55:24 AM »

Halo have u ever heard what happened to those ppl whose legs got shorter??? Cuz i remember MMT was saying that there were never issues with LL such as not able to walk again or legs got shorter after consolidation... maybe they have done some other type of operation.. or maybe not?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »

Halo have u ever heard what happened to those ppl whose legs got shorter??? Cuz i remember MMT was saying that there were never issues with LL such as not able to walk again or legs got shorter after consolidation... maybe they have done some other type of operation.. or maybe not?

The two patients that came back during my time at Beijing, had to re-do there surgery. One patient had to redo one leg of LL again (I don't know the full cause). The other gentlemen may have had other related bone issues that led to discrepancy in the length but the story he gave us was he went dancing. So I am not sure what to make of it. Their operations were exactly the same as ours (original and correction surgery).

Halo
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2011, 01:44:22 AM »

Alright ladies and gentlemen,

This past week has been feeling very good. I have been walking normally now for two weeks without any form of swagger at the hips or notion that makes me look odd. Therefore, for my (8 plus cm) LL process, it has taken me 8 months after frame removal to walk normally. Take this information for your future planning as is. You can have better results, mine just took long.

Cheers
Halo

Halo
luffy
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 78

« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2011, 02:29:36 AM »

Great to hear that Halo. Do you still have any pain?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2011, 04:52:19 AM »

Great to hear that Halo. Do you still have any pain?

No pain. Everything seems to going smoothly.

Halo
chlor
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:49 AM »

Alright ladies and gentlemen,

This past week has been feeling very good. I have been walking normally now for two weeks without any form of swagger at the hips or notion that makes me look odd. Therefore, for my (8 plus cm) LL process, it has taken me 8 months after frame removal to walk normally. Take this information for your future planning as is. You can have better results, mine just took long.

Cheers
Halo

Hey Halo, did you mean to say that it has taken you 8 months after the initial OPERATION, not frame removal, to walk normally?  If so, that would mean it took you about 3 months after frame removal to walk normally?
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2011, 05:02:38 AM »

Hey Halo, did you mean to say that it has taken you 8 months after the initial OPERATION, not frame removal, to walk normally?  If so, that would mean it took you about 3 months after frame removal to walk normally?

No! I meant exactly what I said. It has taken me 8 months to walk normally.

Halo
Tessa
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2011, 05:02:52 AM »

Hello Halo,
  I am new at this site and I am interested in LL at china.  My fiance supports my decision and he is also planning to come with me whenever we have the cash to go (It will take us awhile to get the $$).  I don't know if you'll know the answer about this but I saw in Dr Xia's site that their LL procedure cost 20-22,000 euros (with 2 ppl to share in the room)---will this cost include my fiance staying in the room with me, or does he have to stay in a hotel.  Also if he stays in a hotel, do teh hospital have stringent visiting time (I work as an RN and in the hospital I work at--we let family members stay at the patient room as long as they do not cause too much noise).  Also, congrats with your accomplishment in this LL procedure :)

Thanks,
Tessa
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2011, 07:11:17 AM »

Hi Tessa,

I think the price has since increase to 24K Euro (or more). I think the price will continue to increase, so please speak with them and set  a price.

I had known a patient that had family member present throughout her process, but you do have to pay extra for the bed and food. They closed the gates around 9 pm but if you have your fiance living with you, then that should not be an issue. Hope that answers all your questions.

Halo
Tallerer
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

Hi, Halo

I believe u probably see many Asian patients doing this surgery.  Did you see any patients who got keloid scars?  How do they deal with it.  The scar grow bigger, isnt it? thanks...
Halo
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 88

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2011, 04:04:24 AM »

Hi Tallerer,

All patients get Keloid scars. No exceptions. The scars grow bigger during you LL process. The more LL you do, the larger it is. That is something all LL patients will deal with.

Halo
Tallerer
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2011, 04:19:09 AM »

Hi, THank you for replying.

Is that what happen to you too?  what do you do to deal with this?  I think MMT did his in BJ and he did not get keloid scars. Of course he still got scars but they fade away eventually, Keloid scars is the scars which becomes bumps and will grow quickly and usually need some type of injection therapy to make the stop growth
Tallerer
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:44 AM »

I think many non-Asian patients have less chance to get Keloid scars
bashful
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

Hey there Halo. . . .

Hey man. . . . this is ur army buddy from China again. . . . I really need you to email me at bashful2011@live. com; I would really appreciate it.
coffee15
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »

just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.... keloid scars are not a normal reaction...they are not physiological, but rather pathological. It is much more common in people w African descent.

BME extraordinaire
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.